For many years I have poked at how backwards I feel our society is in terms of rewarding effort and ability. I came across this quote the other day and it has stuck with me:

The people come to understand that wealth is not the fruit of labour but the result of organized, protected robbery. Richer people are no longer respectable people; they are nothing more than flesh eating animals, jackals and vultures which wallow in the people’s blood”
-Frantz Fanon

It goes a little... far. But the core concept fits imo. I feel like many industry's are morally bankrupt at heart and the amount of influence industries get over law results in a rigged system. In just about every industry I feel like those who work hard and have talent get less than someone who has just put themselves in a position of power over them. I kinda wonder how much of the overall strife in our society is created from what I perceive as this basic lack of fairness.

Not sure if I really have a point here but I am curious what people think about this. When I think about it its kinda interesting how the lower and middle class strives to work hard or become talented while the wealthy strive to place themselves to profit from others hard work.