Punishment Vs Reformation & prisons.
Register

User Tag List

Hybrid View

1. ISO #1

Re: Punishment Vs Reformation & prisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanas View Post
    The lethal injection isn't even more "humane" than timeless classics such as the guillotine and the firing squad, which are also very inexpensive to boot.
    Jesus do you guys just completely ignore everything I post? It's not the kill method that's expensive. It's the legal costs.

"The greatest costs associated with the death penalty occur prior to and during trial, not in post-conviction proceedings. Even if all post-conviction proceedings (appeals) were abolished, the death penalty would still be more expensive than alternative sentences."

https://www.amnestyusa.org/issues/de...-penalty-cost/
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

2. ISO #2

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Jesus do you guys just completely ignore everything I post? It's not the kill method that's expensive. It's the legal costs.

"The greatest costs associated with the death penalty occur prior to and during trial, not in post-conviction proceedings. Even if all post-conviction proceedings (appeals) were abolished, the death penalty would still be more expensive than alternative sentences."

https://www.amnestyusa.org/issues/de...-penalty-cost/
    Yeah the entire justice system is kind of garbage too. I don't really make my opinions based on that backasswards money sink in which your wealth and social status let you purchase different degrees of "justice" for your crimes. When I say murderers and rapists should simply be killed, I don't necessarily mean in this context where you only get to do so after going through the required million layers of judicial and bureaucratic bullshit. I'm not against life in prison where needed, but the undeniable cases should simply be killed. Simply.

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanas View Post
    Yeah the entire justice system is kind of garbage too. I don't really make my opinions based on that backasswards money sink in which your wealth and social status let you purchase different degrees of "justice" for your crimes. When I say murderers and rapists should simply be killed, I don't necessarily mean in this context where you only get to do so after going through the required million layers of judicial and bureaucratic bullshit. I'm not against life in prison where needed, but the undeniable cases should simply be killed. Simply.
    You can't have an "undeniable case" without that legal process that you are trashing though. As has been said by 3 different people now including myself, 4% of inmates on death row are innocent.

You can'y have your cake and eat it too. You can't get an "undeniable case" without the legal system and you cant have that legal system without incurring cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho