Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
You see something smart and think "Distorted"
Here is the actual source: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...LambdaDelta%29

That 2nd one, tell more!

I swear you were born a grandfather...

I disagree that sidetracking and apathy are the same. You sidetrack them so much that their energy drops low and their apathy increases because of that - is how I see it.
... lol well, it could have been him.

You can make a very fallacious reasoning in a calculated way to see who will get into it, and most importantly, HOW they get into it. If they seem to not notice the fallacy at all and that it's plausible for the player to not notice it (they are not extremely skilled in logics for example), they might be town, and you'll have to show them how your reasoning was intentioanlly wrong, and the pro-town character of your play.

However - and that's where it gets interesting - you will often have a scum agree with you when it's very unlikely for them to ACTUALLY believe your thing. You then let them dig their own grave by pushing a logical fallacy that you know of exactly, which allows you to completely destroy it in a case you make later. When you manage to do that, it's very effective, very fun, and very rewarding. Just be careful not to catch townies with that.

Lol what? Why do you say that I was born a grandfather

I didn't say they were the same; on the contrary, I said that the definition of apathy you gave didn't fit with the examples you gave, and that the examples fit with sidetracking, not with apathy.

If you really have your energy dropping low because your game is sidetracked by scum, you're doing something super wrong, seriously. That's just straight up bad play, and while it does exist, it's nothing to make a theory on since good players will just not "drop their morale" because of sidetracking; they will try to combat it instead.

Also, Frinckles is right, it would've been nice to see the guide first :P