For quite a few years I have been obsessing over the concept of evil but I hit a wall when looking at death. Not worth unpacking the why and how of that wall but I am curious, what scares you and what would you consider the worst way to die?

Personally I have always been terrified of radiation. Bursts of it modify or destroy genetic code in our body's removing the process that allows cells to replace themselves causing the person to kinda rot while living in a fucked up way. Although there is no apparent initial damage, removing (or corrupting) the process in which cells replace themselves is a crazy level of scary to me although I made the mistake of diving down that rabbit hole to understand how it would feel when I was too young.

If enough things in this world don't mess with you but you want some fear look into Hisashi Ouchi and his assistant. I have studied the darker bits of interrogation a little but this kinda death is an order of magnitude more terrifying to me than anything people intentionally do to inflict pain for some reason. Maybe related to how we accept risks we feel we can influence reflecting how people are more afraid of flying in a plane than driving in a car?

Kinda an odd and personal question. Its just something I do not understand. Might make for some interesting conversation and I have always found it interesting how horror films play on the subtle fears that exist within a society.