Ozy's Scumhunting Spreadsheets - 2021 edition
Register

User Tag List

Threaded View

1. ISO #1

Ozy's Scumhunting Spreadsheets - 2021 edition

In my tables/spreadsheets that I used to scumhunt in the Silent Night game of 2019 December, it was mostly focused on Activity and Effort. I wanted to update my spreadsheets to something more diverse even back then, but I couldn't.

I attempted to do it now and I think I succeeded in improving them.
    Wanted to share these and ask for your opinions on them.

I have been wanting to test them for weeks now by going through past games and checking if scum are being found with it. I could never get myself to do it.

Spoiler : Attributes :

Spoiler : Town Attributes :

Encouraging Content - Any “random” comment that can make people comment on it will mark the slot with a YES in this attribute. I reckon that Mafia don’t have an incentive to push the game forward.

Making New Points - Any new/original (non-mechanical) idea or point will mark the slot with a YES. I’d imagine every slot to get marked with a YES here, especially because I cherry picked games where all slots are decently active.

Providing Conclusions - If the slot has provided any conclusions based on actual arguments, they’ll be marked with a YES.

Lack of Self-preservation - If the lost doesn’t “feel” to be careful, they'll be marked with a YES.

Confirmation Bias - Alignment Reads wise, it’s impossible for Mafia to have a Confirmation Bias. Therefore if the slot sees any random stuff as a confirmation of one of their ides, they will be marked with a YES.

Alignment Paranoia - Same as above, Mafia can’t have Alignment Paranoia. Therefore any “excessive” distrust will mark the slot with a YES.

Paranoid OMGUS - Technically the same as above except it’s OMGUS, therefore only OMGUS counts here. Had to be put in the list in order to differentiate from the “I’M INNOCENT, YOU SUCK!” OMGUS that’s in the Scum Attributes.

Cooperating - Cooperation and Buddying need to be told apart. Therefore, just like with OMGUS, one is in Town Attributes while the other is in Scum Attributes, while having neither is neither scummy nor towny.
    Spoiler : Mafia Attributes :

Apathy / Coasting - If the slot doesn't seem to care about the game or makes low effort / has low activity, they will be marked with a YES.

Sheeping consensus - A slot might make new points and conclusions and yet still Sheep the threads consensus and follow the least controversial ideas. I expect an unfairly large amount of slots will be marked with a YES here.

IIoA (information instead of analysis) - Any big post that has a lot of factual info in it, but no analysis or conclusion from it will award the slot with a YES in this attribute.

Gaslighting or Gish gallop - Excessive amounts of AtE, arguments or ideas will mark the slot with a YES. Arguably subjective and for some players that’s just how they play, not to mention that I’ll check Light Games which makes it a low possibility that any slot will be marked with a YES.

Disassociated - If the slot feels like they are disconnected / distanced / impersonal, they’ll be marked with a YES. Arguably the most subjective out of all criteria/attributes in these spreadsheets. But also the one I feel strongest about.

Changing Topics - A paper called “Cues to Deception in Online Chinese Groups” says the following: “we found that deceivers tended to communicate less and showed low complexity and high diversity in their messages.”. I don’t believe in activity tells as much anymore, and complexity is highly person dependent (they can be only compared to themselves). Therefore only high diversity is left, where a slot flip flops between topics and isn't focused.

Self-pres OMGUS - OMGUS that’s focused on why the accuser is wrong.

Buddying - Cooperation and Buddying need to be told apart carefully. I expect most slots to be always either one or the other, assuming they play a social game like a social game.

Spoiler : Town Points :
    Encouraging Content Making new points Providing conclusions Lack of Self-preservation Confirmation Bias Alignment Paranoia Paranoid OMGUS Cooperating
    player1
    player2
    player3
    player4
    player5
    player6
    player7
    player8
    player9
    player10
    player11
    player12
    player13
    player14

Spoiler : Scum Points :
    Apathy / Coasting Sheeping consensus IIoA (information instead of analysis) Gaslighting / Gish gallop Disassociated Changing Topics Self-pres OMGUS Buddying
    player1
    player2
    player3
    player4
    player5
    player6
    player7
    player8
    player9
    player10
    player11
    player12
    player13
    player14

I'm not planing to play FM myself any time soon and I don't see bringing myself to go through several games to test them objectively.

What do you guys think of this sort of scumhunting in general? And do you agree with the Scum and Town attributes chose here to be alignment indicate?
    Last edited by OzyWho; March 23rd, 2021 at 08:48 AM.