Claiming a role on the stand
Register

User Tag List

Hybrid View

1. ISO #1

Re: Claiming a role on the stand

Quote Originally Posted by Veliaire View Post
    I've been playing this for a few years now, and I have come to learn that if a town is hell bent on lynching someone, no amount of pleading on the stand will save them. Recently, I came across a thread where a player was banned for 'gamethrowing' because he did not claim a role to a mayor. Is that really a bannable offense? I've done it too sometimes. Not given my role to a bloodthirsty town who will just lynch me anyway. Why jump through hoops?

Thoughts?
    There is a thin line between being on the stand and not. As long as you behave "towny" you will never find yourself on the stand.

Past two days I have been playing with the nickname "sleepi" in mod and haven't been put on the stand once. I think it all begins with how you position yourself in the game. This goes for any alignment.

While on the stand, it is often important you claim your role and lw. But sometimes(!) good mod players will fake vote you up. At this point you can claim anything reasonable and you can even refuse to claim if you are SURE about the outcome a.k.a people will INNO the vote to find opportunistic guilty votes. This just goes on.

To answer you; I don't think it is gamethrowing in some situations but all town players should claim a role and lw on stand if you can't convince other players to lynching others ^^

2. ISO #2

Re: Claiming a role on the stand

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    There is a thin line between being on the stand and not. As long as you behave "towny" you will never find yourself on the stand.

Past two days I have been playing with the nickname "sleepi" in mod and haven't been put on the stand once. I think it all begins with how you position yourself in the game. This goes for any alignment.

While on the stand, it is often important you claim your role and lw. But sometimes(!) good mod players will fake vote you up. At this point you can claim anything reasonable and you can even refuse to claim if you are SURE about the outcome a.k.a people will INNO the vote to find opportunistic guilty votes. This just goes on.

To answer you; I don't think it is gamethrowing in some situations but all town players should claim a role and lw on stand if you can't convince other players to lynching others ^^
    In the mod? You get put on the stand for dumb reasons, it's why winning as exec is really, really easy. Just spam "N1 5 mass murderer" or whatever and you instantly win once spammed.