Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
Yes, but can I have some specific examples of this? I'm asking you for sources of this, not additional generalization.

I have actually just done this because you've interested me. I picked "trump corona update" as my search term. In my extremely anecdotal searches I've come to the conclusion that google values recency higher than duckduckgo.

Of the top 5 articles google offered me, 4 of them were made in the last week. Only one was from October. DuckDuckGo offered me more dated articles from a wider variety of sources. I don't pretend to understand how search engines work, but could this not potentially just be that the two algorithms are coded differently? It makes sense from a corporate perspective. Google is the most used search engine in the world, millions if not billions of people use it for research every day. Would it not be within your company's best interest to have the most up-to-date information be the most accessible, perhaps at the cost of it being less objective?
Whenever I google something about the coronavirus pandemic, I only find articles that tell me why ‘it’s real’ and why the lockdown is necessary; even if I tailor the search to look specifically for results that would favour my opinion. On DuckDuckGo there still seems to be a bias in favour of pro-lockdown results but I usually do manage to find articles expressing opinions similar to my own. In DDG’s case I do not know if that is the result of inherent bias in the search algorithm or if its just due to what the media is most likely to report. I will try to look for a specific example for you.