Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
That and he was correct with the emotions or lack there of in the text that he was reading. Strategy is only a small amount of what you have to figure out in order to correctly "read" someone. For example with you I could tell fairly obviously that you were pissed that you were not being listened to and were certain you were right with AT LEAST one of your scum spares, and by pushing that I could tell that you were town even though you had me in your scum list.

Whereas for example secondpassing I could tell was fairly apathetic of who the lynch target was so long as it was not himself, I also partially detected that in MM and lost the game by voting him but we won't talk about that. Use your gut instinct when you read a post. If it's worded goofily, ask for clarification or note down why you think it is written as it is and not a different way. That's where the strategy comes into play because if you think "Why would they word this section like this?" you can then come up with a strategy they may be using and then based on their other posts detect the emotional content in the posts and as such with the strategy and emotion/lack there of give a decent indicator if they are town or not.
If you can get in someones mindset and think as they think, most likely this will be easier to do however you cannot be as emotionally invested into the game by doing it therefore not giving the same indicators of towniness some people here did.