Threaded View

1. ISO #1

M-FM XXII Hunger Games Gamethread

M-FM HUNGER GAMES

A mafia game by Poriomania and Citrus
    Setup

READ THESE SPOILERS:
    Spoiler : Game Rules :

1. I am the Mod thy God. If a dispute arises, my decision is final. That said, I am not infallible - if I make a mistake or you have a question, please inform me of the problem (preferably via PM or green text) and I will correct it.
    2. Days will be 48 hours + Weapon Drafts if applicable, Nights will last 24 hours.
    3. No editing posts, PM quoting, PMing, all that jazz. I don't want to modkill players.
    4. This is still your grandmother’s game of mafia. Use the skills you’ve honed in previous games. The setup will punish sloppy play with a vengeance, so bring your best game. Remember, your best ally as both town and mafia is playing off one another’s behavior, not the setup or the mod.
    5. The only game discussion should take place in the observer chat, or in the thread, or in any respective night chats.
    6. Respect your fellow players, and have fun. If you don't have fun, I will modkill you or replace you, and that would be bad, wouldn't it?
    7. No invisible ink or cryptotext.
    8. There will be no last wills for this game.
    9. COM claiming/hunting is not allowed except in the mafia nightchat.
    10. I will be enforcing an activity limit of three posts every 48 hours. If you fail to post three times within that limit, I will prod you. Two or more prods will make me look for a replacement. Replacements and prods will be public.

11. 11. M-FM accounts cannot post in the "chatbox" feature on the top of the website. Players who are caught posting in there will be immediately modkilled or replaced without warning.

Spoiler : Special Mechanics :

Weapon Draft Rules

At the beginning of the game, 25 weapons will be presented publicly. Each weapon grants a different power (or lack thereof). At the beginning of each Day, all players that don't have a weapon will draft the weapons from the Cornucopia by posting Take: Weaponname and Select: Playername to choose the next person. This process will repeat until either all weapons are exhausted or everyone has a weapon, then the Day will begin.

Regular conversation is allowed, and it's highly recommended to post public weapon draft lists so that we can process the draft quickly. If you do not pick a weapon within 12 hours we will randomize one for you. Voting has no effect in this phase. Weapon drafts hopefully take 24 hours to process, but I may extend if necessary.

An example of a public weapon draft list would look like this:

When my turn comes up pick from the top of this list. If it's already taken keep going down.

Rocks
    Electrocution
    Blowgun
    Baton
    Brick
    Dagger
    Fire
    Mace
    Snare
    Net
    Pod
    Sickle
    Throwing Knives
    Guns
    Trident
    Knife
    Throwing Axe
    Slingshot
    Land Mines
    Water Cannon
    Spear
    Sword
    Whip
    Bow and Arrow
    Axe
    Soft Lynching

Soft lynching is half of the "normal" lynch count - if 20 players are alive, it would be 11 players to lynch, and 6 votes on someone is enough to soft lynch them. If a target is at Soft Lynch when the deadline occurs, then the target dies. If multiple targets are at Soft Lynch, the target with the highest amount of votes dies. Ties result in NO LYNCH. Mylo/lylos have no soft lynching.

Feedback

People like to modgame based on feedback. I don't. Here is a list of all feedback you might receive:

1. Your ability succeeded. (Any additional information)
    2. You were roleblocked.
    3. Your ability failed.

Spoiler : Sample Town Role PM and Sample Weapon Role PM :

Quote Originally Posted by Sample Town Role PM
    Welcome, NAME.

You are a member of the Revolution against the Capitol!

You have a secret Pin of the Mockingjay by which you identify the other Revolutionaries.

It is your goal to unite and bring down the Capitol as a Tribute.

The Weapon Draft commences soon. May the odds ever be in your favor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sample Weapon Role PM
    You picked up a Pillow. It's definitely a fun weapon to use when having sleepovers and such, but this is the Hunger Games, and the Hunger Games are no sleepover. What could this be used for?

You are a Sample Weapon Role PM, and you serve as a example weapon role PM.

The town win condition is: Eliminate all threats.
    The mafia win condition is: Control the lynch.

Welcome Panem! For those of you just tuning in, we are just minutes away from starting our 21st HUNGER GAMES!

As many of you know, the Arena for this year features many landmarks typical of an average Panem forest. Water, trees, and even a large lake are distributed throughout. I almost want to go camping myself! But such antics will have to wait, because for the next few weeks this will be the site of a great sacrifice, as the 12 Districts of Panem jockey for victory in the eyes of the Capital.

This year is a very historic year, but not only because of our nature-filled Arena. This year, by order of President Snow himself, we have many more than just 2 Tributes per District. I have also just been informed that we have broken a record for the number of volunteers as Tributes in any one Hunger Games! This fact alone is not the only historic part about these Hunger Games. On average, this year's Tributes have some of the highest Training Scores ever recorded! Here's a list of some of the Tributes we definitely want to keep an eye out on:

Glimmer
    Marvel
    Cato
    Clove
    Zeno
    Nautilus
    Foxface
    Striker
    Gaia
    Bonnie
    Twill
    Cain
    The Boy with the Bad Leg
    Rue
    Thresh
    Gale
    Katniss
    Madge
    Peeta
    Primrose

This year's Hunger Games will feature a vast structure known as the Cornucopia taking center stage, around which all the Tributes will be released simultaneously.
    Loyal viewers may remember that last year's Games were quite slow and painful, with no weapons to be found and most Tributes dying slowly of starvation. Thus, we have decided this year to introduce an assortment of different weapons for those Tributes lucky enough to make it into the Cornucopia alive. The weapons we have placed in the Cornucopia are as follows:

1. Axe
    2. Baton
    3. Blowgun
    4. Bow and Arrow
    5. Brick
    6. Dagger
    7. Electrocution
    8. Fire
    9. Guns
    10. Knife
    11. Land Mines
    12. Mace
    13. Net
    14. Pod
    15. Rocks
    16. Sickle
    17. Slingshot
    18. Snare
    19. Spear
    20. Sword
    21. Throwing Axe
    22. Throwing Knives
    23. Trident
    24. Water Cannon
    25. Whip

Remember everyone, sponsors are watching. Sponsors love to change the flow of the Games, and may pay to introduce some weapons of their own choosing if they choose to pay large donations to the Capital - though of course, few payments can outmatch that of the lives of our humble Tributes.

As you all know, the Hunger Games is the most viewed program on Television of the year! President Snow has asked me to read a short news announcement in the hopes that all of Panem may hear these words.

*Ahem*

"Citizens of our most fair and lovely country of Panem. There have been rumors of a Terrorist organization working to bring down our Great Capital. These Terrorists call themselves Revolutionaries, and seek to destroy our country from within. Be warned, do not trust your neighbor. Do not trust your family. And if anyone witnesses another citizen holding a Pin with a Mockingjay, report it at once to the authorities. I wish you all a splendid Hunger Games, and may the odds ever be in your favor!"

This is news to me! Well, you heard him folks. Report any sightings of these so called "Mockingjay pins" to your local authorities at once. But let us return to our Games now, for it looks like we are about to begin!
    Last edited by Guru Pathik; February 9th, 2014 at 09:27 AM.