Janitor buff
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Janitor buff

1. ISO #1

Janitor buff

If a janitor sanitizes someone who doesn't die, but is then lynched the following day, he should have his role cleaned. This would make the role more versitile if you know someone is gonna be lynched the next day.
    Or if you janitor then force a lynch on someone saying they're SK or something, then when they die, NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE!
    Adding another layer of Janception

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Janitor buff

Quote Originally Posted by creedkingsx View Post
    If it still takes a charge away from the janitor, i dun see y knot
    Yea, that'd make it fair.
    And it's still a gamble because it might be a waste of a night if your target doesn't get lynched.

Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

There is no preventative measure for this change, so if someone had asked me to weigh in on a decision to implement this, I would say nay to its current form.

Really the only way I can think of that might balance it somewhat is informing the target they were cleaned, but honestly this change would make the janitor MORE of a liability than less.

Think about it like this: The janitor is a role that basically necessitates the tying up of typically 2/3 of your mafia's resources. This change suggests that now not only does the janitor tie up your kill resource, but also ties up your decision on who to lynch as well. So in reality, you might think that this change could increase flexibility, it instead creates less options in gameplay on the grander scale.
    Last edited by ; July 3rd, 2012 at 01:33 PM. Reason: it's is a contraction

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

The concept is good but in practice after a hit, the body is dismembered clean with a good butcher knife (chainsaws or axes are too messy) and buried or placed in the trunk of a car and having it crushed in a junkyard.

After a trial, the corpse is taken by legal authorities and the legal processes surrounding the lynch cannot deny the existence of the individuals identity in the first place.

The cleaning of a janitor is completely different than the position obtained from identity theft that a disguiser portrays.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Fallacy - what if you imagine it a little bit differently. Since everybody is anonymous and sheriff etc. check roles according to what they can see in their targets' houses Janitor just takes all the stuff which might suggest who is doing what for a living and then during the day no legal authorities are able to guess what was he doing since they can't find any information about that person.

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by JackWolfsong View Post
    Fallacy - what if you imagine it a little bit differently. Since everybody is anonymous and sheriff etc. check roles according to what they can see in their targets' houses Janitor just takes all the stuff which might suggest who is doing what for a living and then during the day no legal authorities are able to guess what was he doing since they can't find any information about that person.
    Coroner. Think about it.

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by TheJackofSpades View Post
    Coroner. Think about it.
    You're an intelligent man, Jack.
    And handsome.

sup? ;)
    Last edited by Cryptonic; July 4th, 2012 at 08:52 AM.

14. ISO #14

I like the idea and yet I don't.

Seems like if the Janitor uses all 3 cleans on 3 consecutive days, then he no longer serves a purpose. He is basically done and is basically nothing more than a vote. This can also make Mafia OP if the janitor simply cleans the Godfather and other mafia on nights one and two which will make it tough to know mafia count. It would kinda take away the skill involved with being a Janitor. It would be like "Sorry, the Janitor died, but he already cleaned 3 people so...no worries." All mafia roles are unique and requires the mafia member to be alive to execute. This one should be do different.

Plus if somone claims Sheriff and succeeds in lynching a witch or SK. Janitor can just clean him and basically remove any last will he would of left, even if janitor dies well before the sheriff does. I think to keep the role balance he must coordinate with the killing role to make the clean.

Plus from a realism stand point...that is how it is normally done. Victim is killed, then the janitor shows up and removed evidence. How can you remove evidence from someone days before they are killed.

The only positive I see by adding this is that it would make the game more suspenseful for player who are killed and never mentioned their roles to turn up dead with a missing role days after the janitor died.