New Role: GAMBLER
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

New Role: GAMBLER

Role name: Gambler
    Description: You are a runaway con-artist who wants nothing more than to live peacefully with his new wealth.

Alignment: (Benign/Advanced)

Abilities: Type "-roll" during day to roll a die at night.

At night if you roll a:

1.) You commit suicide.
    2.) You will recieve 1 bonus point at the end of the game. (No Action Taken)
    3.) You may kill one person of your choosing.
    4.) You will recieve 3 bonus point at the end of the game. (No Action Taken)
    5.) You may counterkill if you are targeted by a killing role only.
    6.) You will recieve 5 bonus point at the end of the game. (No Action Taken)

Win Condition: Survive until the end of the game.
    You win with MAFIA
    You win with TOWN
    You win with CULT
    You win with SERIAL KILLER
    You win with ARSONIST
    You win with WITCH
    You may spare anyone else.

Host Options:
    1.) Attacks Ignore Invulerability: DEFAULT: ON
    2.) Cannot Be Role Blocked: DEFAULT: OFF
    3.) Detectable By Sheriff: DEFAULT: OFF
    4.) Cannot Be Healed: DEFAULT: OFF

When someone is killed by Gambler:
    The victim had a single bullet fired straight through the chest. The bullets recovered were from .38 Caliber Revolver.

When someone is killed by Gambler (via counterkill):
    There are signs of a major struggle. The victim has multiple shots from a Colt .45 magnum.

When commits suicide rolling a 1:
    Analysis shows that the victim fell into a state of depression and shot himself.

When investigated:
    Your target own weapons. He could be a mafioso. He may also be a jailor, a vigilate, or even a gambler.

Special Notes:

-The Gambler is only awarded the rolled bonus points if he survives. If he is killed, he only recieved the amount for a standard loss.

-If the Gambler is target by a witch and the gambler rolls a 2, 4, or 6 to gain points, those bonus points are rewarded to that player targeted by the witch instead, points are only awarded if that player lives.

-If the Witch can only kill with the Gamber if the Gambler roll a 3 at the start of the night.

-If the Gambler rolls a 1, a Doctor cannot save them regardless of host options.

-If the Gambler is jailed. No die is rolled.

Possible Achievements
    -No Lady Luck: Roll a 1 on night one. (+5)
    -Survivors Instinct: Kill a total of 3 people in one game by counterkill. (+100)
    -Two for One Odds: Kill 2 people in one night by counterkill. (+50)
    -Jackpot: Survive and have a total of 20 bonus points added to final score. (+75)

CREATORS COMMENTS
    I think this would be a very fun and challenging role. As a GAMBLER you want to have the best odds to win. So with a fortunate roll, you can elimate anyone you see fit to tilt the odds in your favor. Reveal role may be risky as Mafia may want you dead if there are any signs of you siding with town and town may want you lynched if they think you are siding with mafia. This may be obvious will any kills performed by rolling a 3. Rolling may become risky as you have a 1/6 chance of killing yourself.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by EliteMarine; May 15th, 2012 at 12:20 PM.

2. ISO #2
    Unknown User

Re: New Role: GAMBLER

5/6 rolls are positive for the gambler

HOUSE DOESN'T LIKE THESE ODDS

3. ISO #3

Should there be 1 more penalty or are the odds fine?

I figured rolling a 2, 4, or 6, has no true affect on the game which leaves a 1, 3, or 5.

so 1/3 kill, 1/3 defense, 1/3, death. (33.3%)?

The points are just a fun way for a gambler to "Cash Out Big". As role deems.
    Last edited by EliteMarine; May 15th, 2012 at 12:48 PM.

4. ISO #4
    Unknown User

Nah, i guess 5/6 is fine if the 1/6 is suicide lol
    I like the idea of this role.

Would be neat if they rolls were like:
    1 - vest
    2 - heal
    3 - roleblock
    4 - suicide
    5 - blackmail
    6 - kill

I'm just throwing ideas around.

5. ISO #5
    Unknown User

Quote Originally Posted by EliteMarine View Post
    Should there be 1 more penalty or are the odds fine?

I figured rolling a 2, 4, or 6, has no true affect on the game which leaves a 1, 3, or 5.

so 1/3 kill, 1/3 defense, 1/3, death. (33.3%)?

even if they don't have an affect on the game, it is still needed for the odds
    1/2 nothing, 1/6 kill, 1/6 defense, 1/6 death

6. ISO #6

Why do you have the options to be Immune, Ignore Healing, and more importantly; Sheriff reports? You really need your own report on Sheriffs for "Gambler"?... And why does he come up as owning weapons if he's an ex-Con Artist? The description needs to be changed.

With Investigators, he might as well be matched with the Framer since Framer is alone on the Investigation List.

Along with the different death reports... Mafia doesn't "Describe" the gun they used to kill, it's just pointless and a waste of space. Also, a .45 is a "High-Caliber" round, so the Vigi shot them?

Killed By: "He seems to have been killed in a melee. He was found with Dice on him."
    Counter-Killed: "He seems to have been killed in a melee. He shows signs of Shock."

1/6 chance of committing suicide really isn't an incentive to consider rolling a "Risk." That's like being the 1st to pull on 6-round Roulette.

It doesn't really add anything extra into Mafia aside from another obnoxious Anti-Everybody role.
    Last edited by TheSage; May 15th, 2012 at 12:49 PM.

7. ISO #7
    Unknown User

maybe, during the night you pick someone, and it randomly chooses 1 of 6 things to do to them.

8. ISO #8
    Unknown User

Quote Originally Posted by TheSage View Post
    It doesn't really add anything extra into Mafia aside from another obnoxious Anti-Everybody role.
    Anti-everybody is basically how all neutrals should play...

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    maybe, during the night you pick someone, and it randomly chooses 1 of 6 things to do to them.
    Personally this is always my favorite rendition of the 504504329534053495092459025802490832498029809 gambler roles suggested

Anything else and the role is far too passive

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by JackWolfsong View Post
    This role is random. Have you read the rules?
    Jester is random, son

And no it's not random due to the fact that the gambler has a specific target. "No random" refers to "No dumb shit like random fucking target at night for your actions or 50% chance of surviving attacks always"

12. ISO #12

Anti-everybody is basically how all neutrals should play...
    But you don't see the Survivor attempting to kill other players, or the Amnesiac starting the lynching, nor the Witch trying to help the Town.

Certain Neutral Roles are aligned with the Mafia or Town in formal ways or informal agreements. EG: The Witch

Everybody aligns with somebody when you give them an option of how to play. It's just the nature of the game. The only "Pure Neutrals" are the Serial Killer and the Arsonist. The simple fact is, we don't need another killing role. No matter how small the odds.

13. ISO #13
    Unknown User

But you don't see the Survivor attempting to kill other players, or the Amnesiac starting the lynching, nor the Witch trying to help the Town.

Certain Neutral Roles are aligned with the Mafia or Town in formal ways or informal agreements. EG: The Witch

Everybody aligns with somebody when you give them an option of how to play. It's just the nature of the game. The only "Pure Neutrals" are the Serial Killer and the Arsonist. The simple fact is, we don't need another killing role. No matter how small the odds.
    Lol, you're playing wrong then man. If you're a neutral and not going for solo win, what's the fun?
    And what's wrong with having more killing roles... if you're not excluding killing from random, you could end up with 3 SK in a game. Might as well remove SK as well lol

14. ISO #14

Why do you have the options to be Immune, Ignore Healing, and more importantly; Sheriff reports? You really need your own report on Sheriffs for "Gambler"?... And why does he come up as owning weapons if he's an ex-Con Artist? The description needs to be changed.

With Investigators, he might as well be matched with the Framer since Framer is alone on the Investigation List.

Along with the different death reports... Mafia doesn't "Describe" the gun they used to kill, it's just pointless and a waste of space. Also, a .45 is a "High-Caliber" round, so the Vigi shot them?

Killed By: "He seems to have been killed in a melee. He was found with Dice on him."
    Counter-Killed: "He seems to have been killed in a melee. He shows signs of Shock."

1/6 chance of committing suicide really isn't an incentive to consider rolling a "Risk." That's like being the 1st to pull on 6-round Roulette.

1. Well what wrong with options? Many nuetral roles have an option to be immune. It's nothing but an choice. Same goes for healing. It's just a choice. People like choices. Doesn't make or break the game.

2. Just because you are an ex-con doesn't mean you still can't own weapons. I bet Ex-cops keep guns as well.

3. Nothing wrong with matching with a framer, however, I would like it to match a town and mafia if at all possible. matching with a Framer just means that the role is evil regardless and may result in a quick lynch. No fun there.

4. Death descriptions may be raw. That can be fixed easily.

5. Well I consider it a risk. A gamble is a gamble regardless of odds. But that was the purpose of the post, to get feedback. if adding another risk to the die is a popularity, then so be it.

15. ISO #15

Lol, you're playing wrong then man. If you're a neutral and not going for solo win, what's the fun?
    And what's wrong with having more killing roles... if you're not excluding killing from random, you could end up with 3 SK in a game. Might as well remove SK as well lol
    I agree. I think you can add as many killings roles as you want to the game, the key is balance. It's not like your gonna play a mafia game and have Vigi, Vet, SK, Arson, GF, Jailor, Mafioso, Disguiser, Witch, Jester all in one game. This is just an option to the players who are like "Lets swap the SK for an Arson, or Lets swap the Arson for a GAMBLER.

GAMBLER may be able to kill, but its unique and nothing like the SK "click and kill" type.

Also, if the gambler wants to side with a facton, he very well can, if he wants a solo win, he very can as well. Whomever has the role should decide how to play. As long as the GAMBLER lives which is the win condition, why does it matter how he wins?

16. ISO #16

Nah, i guess 5/6 is fine if the 1/6 is suicide lol
    I like the idea of this role.

Would be neat if they rolls were like:
    1 - vest
    2 - heal
    3 - roleblock
    4 - suicide
    5 - blackmail
    6 - kill

I'm just throwing ideas around.
    Maybe you now a new role: MIMIC maybe?

I did my best to kinda balance this role out. I had other ideas where all 6 sides of the die made the GAMBLER do something, but then it would seem a bit unbalanced. So I thought earning money "Points" would be a more unique way to cater to a Gambler. Make Money, Maybe a kill or two, Survive...

17. ISO #17

It's not like your gonna play a mafia game and have Vigi, Vet, SK, Arson, GF, Jailor, Mafioso, Disguiser, Witch, Jester all in one game.

You just described pretty much half of all pub games I've seen in the last 3 months. Except for the mafioso anyways. Pub opinion seems to be that it's a completely useless role.

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by Shaded View Post
    You just described pretty much half of all pub games I've seen in the last 3 months. Except for the mafioso anyways. Pub opinion seems to be that it's a completely useless role.
    I guess that make me lucky! LoL!

I avoid game like that. Those who want to play a balanced/clean game should have options. In fact I encourage the use of a gambler with an SK.

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

Quote Originally Posted by Lazers View Post
    Jester is random, son

And no it's not random due to the fact that the gambler has a specific target. "No random" refers to "No dumb shit like random fucking target at night for your actions or 50% chance of surviving attacks always"
    I'm not your son.

Jester and this so called gambler are pretty different in type of randomness, don't you think? So do not try to be smart cause all that you are pointing out is your rudeness.

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

roles entirely based on luck shouldn't be in this game. even if pretty much all of the roles in this game are a complete gamble at the beginning, it becomes progressively more strategic as time goes on. this isn't the case for the gambler at all, however; the only "strategy" here is to pray to god you don't suicide, and if you want to kill a key target (which is pretty important for neutral killaZ), pray to god you roll a kill

tl;dr fuk dis rol

son

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Stop, throwing so much hatred around. First off there is a place where roles will be reviewed and debating on. This is not such a place.
    Its an interesting role to say the least, but i highly doubt it'll get looked out without being posted into R and D.
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

that board exists solely to jew all the money from SC2 mafia as humanly possible

nigga this is the original suggestions forum

RepresenT

25. ISO #25

Quote Originally Posted by suicidaln00b View Post
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

that board exists solely to jew all the money from SC2 mafia as humanly possible

RepresenT
    That fucking pedo pic.
    I DEMAND THE FUCKING BROCCOLI BACK BITCH

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

Quote Originally Posted by suicidaln00b View Post

RepresenT
    My god, could you sound any more retarded? speak English you dumb fuck.
    This is NOT the original suggestion forum. Hence NONE of the suggestions here getting implemented by The mods around here.
    Learn what your talking about before you speak, like a NORMAL human being and not a retarded idiot that got dropped on his head to much as a baby.

28. ISO #28

This is NOT the original suggestion forum. Hence NONE of the suggestions here getting implemented by The mods around here.
    Learn what your talking about before you speak, like a NORMAL human being and not a retarded idiot that got dropped on his head to much as a baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves
    Stop, throwing so much hatred around
    get the police

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

i don't know if it's cause i didn't read it right or something... just woke up ^^;

but... in your idea here... is there a way to not role the die? cause if not i... i don't see anyone liking the role ^^;
    like if you know it's the last night of the game... Mafia/SK has said ok to letting you live and everything is cool... but then you happen to suicide... that'd be really really annoying ^^;

so like maybe if you don't target anyone at night... you don't role the die?

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

Before R and D existed, this was the forum used for suggestions.
    Also, please learn to use commas correctly.

And suicidal is everyone's favorite total bro.
    A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-Closing. Always be closing. ALWAYS BE CLOSING.

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

Luck in general takes away skill in games, thats why games like snakes and ladders are boring for adults(atleast without stakes of some sort), and games like risk are more popular as you grow up and start understanding strategy. I think luck in general is bad for competitive games, for instance look at SSBBrawl, they added tripping specifically to try and make the game less competitive. Why do you think there are no damage ranges/crit chances in SC2, because that adds randomness and takes away from skill.

Now randomness can still add facets of skill, such as randomed positions, it gives mafia people to pretend to be, and towns folk ways to rule out peoples stories, that is a good type of randomness as well as adds replayability to the games(such as random maps and starting positions in SC2). Now if you want a gambler to add this kind of stuff to a game, you have a very hard task ahead of you. Even after you design a character you have some more problems:

First you have to ask is it fun to play, gambling often is fun and is rewarding when you win and tends to be fun with proper risk vs reward.

Then you have to make sure it isn't more unfun to play against then it gives fun to the player, you don't want somone that just ruins the game because he is unbalanced or ruins someone elses role.

Those are two very important things to think about if you want to add someone into the game after you cover the whole is it skillful and does he add anything to the game portions.

My personal suggestion would be to have the gambler deal with points as suggested but have him be a neutral, who gets points for killing/harming one side but then winning with the other side, so if he kills 4 towns but he still wins with town he gets more points then if he just wins with town. Just a basic idea i came up with on the spot, but i think it fits the role of a gambler(go as far as you can and still pull off winning against the odds)

41. ISO #41

OPPOSE: Role doesn't make sense.

1) Since when gamblers kill (except themselves in excess?)
    2) Elements of russian roulette irrelevant to the game - implying you play for points and not for the win
    3) Win conditions gamble wins with everyone? Ironic.
    4) A runaway would get out of the town.
    5) Con-artist is more of a disguiser.
    6) A citizen wants to live peacefully, wealth is irrelevant in maf. I mean there's no corruption factor whatsoever ingame.
    7) Gambler plays on his own rolling at night; a gambler has to play vs someone (casino or other gamblers).

42. ISO #42

Quote Originally Posted by Fallacy View Post
    OPPOSE: Role doesn't make sense.

1) Since when gamblers kill (except themselves in excess?)
    2) Elements of russian roulette irrelevant to the game - implying you play for points and not for the win
    3) Win conditions gamble wins with everyone? Ironic.
    4) A runaway would get out of the town.
    5) Con-artist is more of a disguiser.
    6) A citizen wants to live peacefully, wealth is irrelevant in maf. I mean there's no corruption factor whatsoever ingame.
    7) Gambler plays on his own rolling at night; a gambler has to play vs someone (casino or other gamblers).
    1) I guess it is written that every gambler known has never killed?
    2) No, accroding you objective, you are playing to win, which is survival. Points is just a fun way to make a bit more. You are not even awarded the points unless you win.
    3) Okay...when your goal is to survive, doesn't that make sense? Live and win. Doesn't matter with who.
    4) Now you are thinking too hard...If there is 3 mafia vs 2 town, wouldn't town would want to try to leave themselves? Yeah logic would say so, but can they leave? No...
    What about the survivor? Shouldn't survivor leave town too?
    5.) That fine, the text can always be reworked. Easy fix.
    6.) Again, thinking too hard. Wealth was never the goal. Just a secondary option to reward players for playing a role in which making money is what he is all about. The primary objective is still survival.
    7.) Once again, too hard.

If your gonna make these kind of rejections look at the roles already in play. Watch this.

Serial Killers/Godfathers/Arsonist: Why are these people immune to gunfire. Their flesh is no different from any human?

Why don't doctors ever see the identity of who attacked their target?

Why can't a doctor just stop by every house at night just to pass by and check on everyone and nurse anyone who is attacked?

Why can't an amensiac remember is was a Mayor. I mean dammit, if he remembers running the town, she should damn well be able to act that way.

Why can't some people not realize they have been doused after having gas dumped on them?

Why can't ANY townie escape their attacker?

I mean there are so many angles you can approach this, which is why it is safe to say that, the game isn't treated to real life realism. Lets not treat this role any less.

The roles should be simply fun to play. That's all that matters.

43. ISO #43

1) I guess it is written that every gambler known has never killed?
    2) No, accroding you objective, you are playing to win, which is survival. Points is just a fun way to make a bit more. You are not even awarded the points unless you win.
    3) Okay...when your goal is to survive, doesn't that make sense? Live and win. Doesn't matter with who.
    4) Now you are thinking too hard...If there is 3 mafia vs 2 town, wouldn't town would want to try to leave themselves? Yeah logic would say so, but can they leave? No...
    What about the survivor? Shouldn't survivor leave town too?
    5.) That fine, the text can always be reworked. Easy fix.
    6.) Again, thinking too hard. Wealth was never the goal. Just a secondary option to reward players for playing a role in which making money is what he is all about. The primary objective is still survival.
    7.) Once again, too hard.

If your gonna make these kind of rejections look at the roles already in play. Watch this.

1) Serial Killers/Godfathers/Arsonist: Why are these people immune to gunfire. Their flesh is no different from any human?

2) Why don't doctors ever see the identity of who attacked their target?

3) Why can't a doctor just stop by every house at night just to pass by and check on everyone and nurse anyone who is attacked?

4) Why can't an amensiac remember is was a Mayor. I mean dammit, if he remembers running the town, she should damn well be able to act that way.

5) Why can't some people not realize they have been doused after having gas dumped on them?

6) Why can't ANY townie escape their attacker?

7) I mean there are so many angles you can approach this, which is why it is safe to say that, the game isn't treated to real life realism. Lets not treat this role any less.

The roles should be simply fun to play. That's all that matters.
    1) Did you watch any Mafia movie? Or any movie in general? You can't just simply kill off the main character. What's a Story without a Villan? It's nothing anybody wants to play or watch.

2) Everybody has a set time they go out and do their "thing". The Hospital closes at 6. The Mafia kills at 5:45.

3) The Doctor has to sleep too. It's a big Town and roaming the streets is dangerous. Your willing to risk your hide walking in the streets while Serial Killers are on the loose?

4) There can only be one Elected Mayor at a time. And you must actually ELECT that Mayor. You can't just appear and willy nilly attempt; "I was a Mayor once. This Town is now MINE!". Even a Crime-Ridden Town has political processes.

5) You douse the house of the person, not the Player. (Players live in houses, thus why they're visited and not approached.) You check you house for Gasoline on it everyday, eh?

6) You're asleep, a man bursts into your house with a gun, and shoots you. I forgot, you have the reflexes of a Lion and sleep with your Shotgun. Whoops.

7) The game is treated to a Narrative, which Gambler has no place.

Not all roles are fun for everybody. And no role is designed to be "Fun."

Overall, you're missing the point that nobody is over-thinking anything. Mafia may not be based on "Real-Life" but Mafia is based of off the Narrative of Mafia.

EG: Mafia is a Story. There will always be a Villan. And always a Hero. (You always need 1 Evil and Town role to play.) In stories, you can't kill off the Main Characters or Antagonists easily. And you'll never find a character in a book that does absolutely nothing other than play with himself in the corner with random abilities.

TL;DR:

Mafia = Story
    Player = Character
    Roles That Have No Purpose = Nonexistent.

44. ISO #44

1) Did you watch any Mafia movie? Or any movie in general? You can't just simply kill off the main character. What's a Story without a Villan? It's nothing anybody wants to play or watch.

2) Everybody has a set time they go out and do their "thing". The Hospital closes at 6. The Mafia kills at 5:45.

3) The Doctor has to sleep too. It's a big Town and roaming the streets is dangerous. Your willing to risk your hide walking in the streets while Serial Killers are on the loose?

4) There can only be one Elected Mayor at a time. And you must actually ELECT that Mayor. You can't just appear and willy nilly attempt; "I was a Mayor once. This Town is now MINE!". Even a Crime-Ridden Town has political processes.

5) You douse the house of the person, not the Player. (Players live in houses, thus why they're visited and not approached.) You check you house for Gasoline on it everyday, eh?

6) You're asleep, a man bursts into your house with a gun, and shoots you. I forgot, you have the reflexes of a Lion and sleep with your Shotgun. Whoops.

7) The game is treated to a Narrative, which Gambler has no place.

Not all roles are fun for everybody. And no role is designed to be "Fun."

Overall, you're missing the point that nobody is over-thinking anything. Mafia may not be based on "Real-Life" but Mafia is based of off the Narrative of Mafia.

EG: Mafia is a Story. There will always be a Villan. And always a Hero. (You always need 1 Evil and Town role to play.) In stories, you can't kill off the Main Characters or Antagonists easily. And you'll never find a character in a book that does absolutely nothing other than play with himself in the corner with random abilities.

TL;DR:

Mafia = Story
    Player = Character
    Roles That Have No Purpose = Nonexistent.
    1.) Why I do agree with your assessment, What is the difference in a vig shooting a GF n1 and is immune, then day 2 the vigi just shouts, I shot (Red) and he was immune lets town lynch. The result all but the same given a "6 hour window" between shooting and lynching. How long the villian lives in this game and sometimes any game is purely on luck/intelligence/idiocy of town and the mafia themselves. Jailor can rando jail and execute gf n1 (i have seen this) while a vigil fires on a mafioso, and sheriff lucks out and detects 3rd mafia...OR...the opposite. Town is a dumbass or town is very unlucky with jailings and detections and mafia simply steamrolls town. Any result is possible.

However, the initial intended point is for realism. While I understand that the villians should live to make a better story...that doesn't explain for a "realism" stand point that if a GF is shot he can walk away each and every time until lynch. Just saying. Since all the poster that comments on the role focused so heavily on realism and seriousness, I was just making a point to show that the game isn't exactly made that way.

2.) Again, this was just a point. I mean...if a doctor KNEW that a town was being overrun by Mafia, why can't a DOC go that extra step. That is all. No Biggie.

3.) Sleep During the Day! Yeah I joke. It is possible though. It wasn't meant to be a real discussion. Just saying.

4.) I completely understand. However, shouldn't the same apply for mafias? Can some guy show up to an organization as powerful as mafia and say..."Yeah, I am a consig. Personal adviser for the GF." and everyone is like "WELCOME IN!" Again, not making an argument. Just pointing out that the game is not meant to me 100% real.

5.) Then why would anyone in their right mind return to that same house knowing it could ignite? Espcially if people have already been killed from it. Just saying...if people are going to point out certain things and talk about realism, then they should look at EVERYTHING before saying one thing. That was all I was trying to point out.

6.) I might not be a veteran, but if I lived somewhere in a very small town where people are dying one by one...I would be prepared. I'd sleep light and have an escape plan. And I am sorry...I don't mean to be all real about the game, but that how I now look at things when that focus has been brought.

7.) If you want to look at that, fine. But does a Jester really have a place then? Does EVERYONE who realizes they lynched the town dumbass decide to commit suicide...but no remorse for lynching town mayor or even sheriff or doctor.

-We lynched the MAYOR! Ah well...we will get that damn mafia tomorrow...

-We lynched some nutjob! MY LIFE NO LONGER HAS MEANING!!!! WHAT HAVE I DONE!

LMAO...

No worries...fun conversation though. Good insight...

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

47. ISO #47

Long ago, there used to be an entire section for suggestions (guess there still is, but now you have to pay money in order to suggest ideas to improve a free SC2 map. It's been decided that giving input is something you need to pay for.). In that section, there was a list of guidelines of what should not be included in a role suggestion. One of those guidlines was...

6) Is your role based on chance?
    - For example, will the role only perform its action 50% of the time? Anything with percent signs will never be implemented. That sort of randomness drastically reduces the skill required to play the game, and that is not the game we want to play.
    End of story.
    Last edited by Auckmid; May 27th, 2012 at 10:01 PM.

48. ISO #48

Quote Originally Posted by Auckmid View Post
    Long ago, there used to be an entire section for suggestions (guess there still is, but now you have to pay money in order to suggest ideas to improve a free SC2 map. It's been decided that giving input is something you need to pay for.). In that section, there was a list of guidelines of what should not be included in a role suggestion. One of those guidlines was...

End of story.

I never knew this. It's a shame I have to pay to provide ideas...or better yet to have access to information like this so that one is aware of stipulations.

Thanks for the heads up. Cool Story Bro! ^_^