Fine you think your smart try this one...
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Fine you think your smart try this one...

Your trying to get to the store before it closes, you come to a fork in the road. One ways the short way one ways the long way, but you can't remember which is which. There are 2 brothers, one always lies and one always tells the truth, but you don't know which ones which. They are standing at the fork in the road and they both know which way to go, but you only have time to ask one question. What is the question you ask to find out the right way to go?

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Re: Fine you think your smart try this one...

So I don't know how I already know that they're brothers, but since it's a given, and they weren't stated as identical brothers, and apparently I know them enough to know that one brother always tells the truth and the other always lies, so I'll just ask the guy who said he's the other's brother (because the liar will say he isn't a brother, and given the level of knowledge I already have I already know which brother is the truthful one) which way I should go.

Riddle so easy, you gave out too much starting information. No mind games, WIFOM, or weirdly worded questions. I already had everything I needed to just ask the question plainly and move on. Clearly you did not think this through. Do not get your riddles from Google.

Or you can just ask "What would the other brother say is the correct road?" Lying brother will point out the long path, honest brother will point out the long path, so you go the other path.

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    The answer is simply. Pull out a gun, hold it to one of their heads, and only say this.

"If you do not truthfully say which path is the shortest, your brother dies."

Simple
    Always so practical ^^
    https://i.imgur.com/MuBx7.png
    Spoiler : Goremansir <3 :
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremansir View Post
    In a fit of rage (who would insult his voice of an angel? (And by angel, we mean a drunk, fat, middle-aged cop)) ... Duzero stripped out of his uniform, leapt onto CmG and started eating his face. CmG started to protest...

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Phyr View Post
    Variation time!
    At the fork you notice that only one of the brothers is there. But you still need to find the short route. HURRY!
    I'll just use my pocket-sized lie detector
    In a fit of rage (who would insult his voice of an angel? (And by angel, we mean a drunk, fat, middle-aged cop)) ... Duzero stripped out of his uniform, leapt onto CmG and started eating his face. CmG started to protest...

13. ISO #13

Eagleman... they don't say anything to you about being brothers... it's just a guess that they are brothers, because they are both sucking on the same older womans teet... you only get one question... you got it right... jus fyi ;)
    Spoiler : FM History :
    S-FM: Dust's Cop Insanity-Sheriff-LoseMFMVIII-Consigliere-Win"Aspiring Newcomer"M-FMIX-Vigilante-Win S-FM MexianStandoffII-Bandit-Win-"MVPStopTheBomb!-Citizen-Win Army Men S-FM-Mason Leader-Lose WitchCrisis&Kybukakke-Citizen-[COLOR="#FF0000"]Lose[/COLOR

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by Cinotpyrc View Post
    You say, Which of these THREE paths will get me to the location the fastest?

The liar will point the direction you came from.
    xD

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

Quote Originally Posted by Goremancer View Post
    Ez. you just grab the fork and eat your lunch with it.
    Gorelogic never fails

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

Quote Originally Posted by Lysergic View Post
    Oh; the answer is something about David Bowie and juggling babies, right?
    Correct!
    Question 1: "Which one of you three can out-juggle David Bowie using babies?"
    The truth teller won't point to anybody, because we all know David Bowie is king at juggling babies.
    Question 2: "Which was is the right way?"
    and you follow the truth teller

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

Quote Originally Posted by Cinotpyrc View Post
    You say, Which of these THREE paths will get me to the location the fastest?

The liar will point the direction you came from.
    Cryptonic's answer isn't right?
    The haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

Spoiler : Solution to my variant :
    What would you tell me, if I asked you what the shortest way to the store is?

Spoiler : Solution to creed's variant :
    Ask the first question to any of them.
    Question 1: Who of the other two would you point to, if I asked you to point out one of the others who is either always telling the truth or always lying?
    Proceed to ask second question to the one pointed out.
    Question 2: What would you tell me, if I asked you what the shortest way to the store is?