Staff Changes - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Staff Changes

1. ISO #51

Re: Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by TheJackofSpades View Post
    Strike One - Likes Fable, doesn't know what playing cards are. This suggests you are on the intellectual level of Mr. "Lawl ur post count is 666"

You are applying to a community job. One that dictates whether someone gets to play the game or not. We have unspoken(or spoken) rules on forum activity when signing up for Forum Mafia, but that doesn't apply to acquiring Keeper status or moderator in-game? Yeah okay. How exactly are we supposed to get a grasp of your personality, your flaws, pretty much anything about you if you register a day before being promoted? Just wait until you do something horrible and then remove you? That is DR's policy currently, after all.

No, but as I said above, if you have been playing any amount of time and haven't wandered over to the forums by now, you obviously have no drive to interact with the community before it became "required". Why should you be taken over pretty much anyone who has shown an invested interest in the community? Because you're a friend of someone who bought his way into power? No offense but I don't give a shit if he recommended you.

No one but Akira and Ambient gives two fucks about how many reports you do. Let's just get that out of the way. Anyone with even a basic understanding of basically anything can do reports, Ambient will still pretty much second guess everything you do anyway. That should not be the only qualification of a keeper. Instead, I'd much prefer someone I know I can trust in said position. And no, post count has nothing to do with this, I average about 3 posts a day judging by my post count.

I don't even have the ability to do so. That is why it bothers me so much.
    One: FABLE!!! not Fable 2 or 3. Also this is just my favourite Xbox game and playing cards are not a judge of intellect :P Nothing is wrong about a good close world RPG.

Second: Im to belong to the EU community and mainly be in-game... that's what I applied for, not to be part of the forums. So I'm sorry you feel that I'm intruding on your community. I was recommended by a trusted source because he knows my personalities and such. The idea wasn't for me to come on and dictate over you guys on the forums, which I will not be doing until you get to know me and me you so I know I'm not intruding. Although my role here is to moderate the EU server which desperately needs the moderation. My replying to this thread and to you is about the community getting to know me, so go ahead and ask me any questions you want

Third: I see this can be a problem, as that is exactly what I did. I joined the forums because it was required of me to take this role. If you cannot look past the reasoning that I just want to be able to play Mafia on EU instead of having to play it on NA which I have been doing recently then there is no point in me continuing. After all, as the saying goes "if you want something done right, do it yourself" and instead of waiting for someone to be assigned this job I stepped up and offered my own services.

Forth: The post count thing is just a little joke and These are the roles set to me as a keeper on the forums, which is why I joined the forums and not the roles set to me as a mod. I'm sorry if you think that's not all keepers should be expected to do but that's not my area and I can't help you with that *sniffles*

Finally that last paragraph was aimed at the community swell as you... sorry for the ambiguity :'( but I plan to become active on these forums and as such you will be able to see what kind of guy I am even if you don't play on the EU servers o.O

2. ISO #52

3. ISO #53

4. ISO #54

5. ISO #55

6. ISO #56

Quote Originally Posted by Terripax View Post
    I am part of the EU community, I'm sorry if you don't think that the EU version of this game has a viable community outside of the forums
    Hi Terripax, welcome to the sc2 mafia forum! Even if you joined just as part of the EU community, I strongly urge you to try out a forum mafia game in the upcoming weeks! It's a totally different flavor of mafia, but something you should definitely experience at some point! Glad to see another newcomer!

I think Kony mentioned this earlier, but don't feel bad if people accuse you of being a smurf - that's just the common practice around here that made Kony and me feel really bad. (Just as a heads up) Hopefully in the future we can change this, but that's the state of things. Who knows, as a moderator, maybe you can help change the tone of the forum from accusing new player of being smurfs! I digress. Anyway, welcome, and it's good to have you! :]

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

9. ISO #59

Thank you clementine I was considering doing the next FM but I want to read up on all the rules and the past games before I attempt to play myself maybe next game though :P
    Being a nub in FM really isn't that big of a deal.
    Just troll and people will pretty much ignore you, which is to your advantage for the most part (don't worry, everyone trolls at some point in FM, especially forum mods)
    Welcome to the community. You had to have seen some hate coming your way, though, being brand new and immediately getting a mod position. Don't take most of what people say here personally - the troll population is way high here. I love it.
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Heavy Handed View Post
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

10. ISO #60

Quote Originally Posted by Kony View Post
    that's not only mine I guess

(luckily im not playing on eu)

wanna join me army?
    Can I join?
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Heavy Handed View Post
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

11. ISO #61

Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    Can I join?
    You need to send a "friend request" to Kony.
    Of course you won't be his friend, you will simply be a soldier of his army, but he is always willing to accept new recruits.
    I like RPing.
    RIHFOK IS A FAILOR Achievements: Last of Kin, Half Mafia, Half Town, Forever Alone
    Spoiler : FM History :
    M-FM VII: Investigator(Lost, kinda survived), GY S-FM: Kidnapper(Won, Survived), DN S-FM: Arsonist(Won, Survived), KF S-FM: Ravager (Lost, Lynched Day 4)

12. ISO #62

Well welcome Terripax, glad to see your taking the time and effort to talk to the community. (It's a strange one....marke my words....just look at Kony)
    You should definitely try out some FMs sometime. They are different from sc2mafia but can be more fun as well. Lot's of creative roles, mechanics, and such.
    There are other EU people on here that you can get to know and play sc2 mafia with as well. And also talk with during the FMs..

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64

15. ISO #65

16. ISO #66

I hope you are all thinking good thoughts about me, or my friend the Easter Bunny will kill you all in your dreams, but if your good my other friend Freddy Kruger will give you all chocolate eggs
    Your threats are useless against me I don't believe in the evilness known as the easter bunny! But freddy.....mmmm chocolate.
    -dayshoot terripax

17. ISO #67

Damn, why is it that people are never scared of the easter bunny? I mean for god's sakes he entered peoples dreams and kills them while they sleep!

But yeah, people are usually persuaded by Freddy's famous chocolate eggs

*note* "god's sakes" is not a typo, he is omnipotent meaning in this context he has multiple sakes.

18. ISO #68

19. ISO #69

20. ISO #70

21. ISO #71

22. ISO #72

23. ISO #73

Second: Im to belong to the EU community and mainly be in-game... that's what I applied for, not to be part of the forums. So I'm sorry you feel that I'm intruding on your community. I was recommended by a trusted source because he knows my personalities and such. The idea wasn't for me to come on and dictate over you guys on the forums, which I will not be doing until you get to know me and me you so I know I'm not intruding. Although my role here is to moderate the EU server which desperately needs the moderation. My replying to this thread and to you is about the community getting to know me, so go ahead and ask me any questions you want
    What qualities do you feel you have that would allow you to act as an unbiased moderator in-game?

24. ISO #74

25. ISO #75

26. ISO #76

It's definitely weird having someone new the community made mod. The mod staff should be comprised of people who made their mark on the SC2 Mafia community, not through suggestions. The mod position should have been given to one of the veterans here, with Terripax being CONSIDERED for the moderator position (he should at least get to know people here and have DR keep an eye on him).

Maybe DR desperately needed a mod for the EU, but then still I fail to see why he wouldn't give that responsibility to a longtime member.
    https://www.userbars.com/75686/665701...54-ubd5070.png

Warfare Incorporated! A free RTS game for your iPhones! Try it out today!

27. ISO #77

28. ISO #78

29. ISO #79

30. ISO #80

31. ISO #81

So you're the new Kevinpowers then. Wonderful.
    I haven't donated anything to this game or the teamspeak (see, I AM in touch with the community )

Also I don't think there's any reason I can be an unbiased mod. I will always be Biased, as will every mod because we are not third party. BUT I can guarantee you that I'm not stupid and won't go around misusing my privileges

P.S. With all the drama and trolling this community has in some places, don't you think it's better for someone who hasn't been involved in that to become a keeper?

32. ISO #82

33. ISO #83

Quote Originally Posted by trineroks View Post
    It's definitely weird having someone new the community made mod. The mod staff should be comprised of people who made their mark on the SC2 Mafia community, not through suggestions. The mod position should have been given to one of the veterans here, with Terripax being CONSIDERED for the moderator position (he should at least get to know people here and have DR keep an eye on him).

Maybe DR desperately needed a mod for the EU, but then still I fail to see why he wouldn't give that responsibility to a longtime member.
    I'm actually not new to the community. I'm only new to the forum community of mafia. Just because I've never logged into the forums doesn't mean I haven't been in the mafia chat for several months, or playing the game every day

34. ISO #84

35. ISO #85

36. ISO #86

37. ISO #87

38. ISO #88

39. ISO #89

40. ISO #90

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerape View Post
    I don't see why we're ripping Terripax apart..
    I know Terripax is 'new'. But he seems nice ,and I know nice isn't a qualifying factor for being a keeper, but I'm willing to give him a chance.

*nom nom drama* So delicious
    What happened to the other part of that post I saw earlier? I smell a conspiracy o.O

41. ISO #91

Also I don't think there's any reason I can be an unbiased mod. I will always be Biased, as will every mod because we are not third party. BUT I can guarantee you that I'm not stupid and won't go around misusing my privilege
    This one paragraph shows why you shouldn't be a moderator. You're not even confident you can remain impartial when judging people you don't even know.

And then you go on to say that you're basically afraid of misusing your power because you're afraid of losing it. Which also is a great reason you shouldn't be moderator, because when it counts you will always back down on difficult decisions.

See, that wasn't hard.

42. ISO #92

43. ISO #93

This one paragraph shows why you shouldn't be a moderator. You're not even confident you can remain impartial when judging people you don't even know.

And then you go on to say that you're basically afraid of misusing your power because you're afraid of losing it. Which also is a great reason you shouldn't be moderator, because when it counts you will always back down on difficult decisions.

See, that wasn't hard.
    Yep, none can remain as impartial in fore sight as someone in hind sight even though from this you might have inferred that I believe I will not be able to make good decisions, but what was actually implied is that I believe I will be just as capable at this as any other staff member (perhaps better or worse )

Again, I have to remember to dumb down what I say as inferring is not your strong suit. So let me say this with slightly less ambiguity. I am not "afraid" of misusing my privileges, but I also will not use them for something I know isn't right. e.g. 'that guy has an annoying name! -kick' or, 'Shit what's everyones roles so I can win? -roles'

Hopefully that cleared things up for you, and you really should work on your inferring skills before you get a reputation for looking dumb again

44. ISO #94

I do not mean any offense or trolling, but why do you use so many of those?
    It looks... weird.
    RIHFOK IS A FAILOR Achievements: Last of Kin, Half Mafia, Half Town, Forever Alone
    M-FM VII: Investigator(Lost, kinda survived), GY S-FM: Kidnapper(Won, Survived), DN S-FM: Arsonist(Won, Survived), KF S-FM: Ravager (Lost, Lynched Day 4)

45. ISO #95

46. ISO #96

Quote Originally Posted by Kony View Post
    already said that rihfok
    *slowpoke*

47. ISO #97

What happened to the other part of that post I saw earlier? I smell a conspiracy o.O
    Fine!
    I like Darklordneb, and how he has a post count of 1, how he has no comment to any of this at all.
    "I paid $130 to D.R. can you make my friend a part of the council?" -Menotaur
    I don't like arguing with people, and rarely get upset, but really?
    There Terri, I said it.

48. ISO #98

Yep, none can remain as impartial in fore sight as someone in hind sight even though from this you might have inferred that I believe I will not be able to make good decisions, but what was actually implied is that I believe I will be just as capable at this as any other staff member (perhaps better or worse )

Again, I have to remember to dumb down what I say as inferring is not your strong suit. So let me say this with slightly less ambiguity. I am not "afraid" of misusing my privileges, but I also will not use them for something I know isn't right. e.g. 'that guy has an annoying name! -kick' or, 'Shit what's everyones roles so I can win? -roles'

Hopefully that cleared things up for you, and you really should work on your inferring skills before you get a reputation for looking dumb again
    There is nothing to be inferred from a blanket statement. You said "I can't be unbiased". This can't be inferred as "I will be as good as everyone else", that's called backtracking.

And in reference to your second point, if you aren't afraid of losing your power, give it up. Prove me wrong, reapply when you're actually someone the community can trust.

49. ISO #99

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerape View Post
    Fine!
    I like Darklordneb, and how he has a post count of 1, how he has no comment to any of this at all.
    "I paid $130 to D.R. can you make my friend a part of the council?" -Menotaur
    I don't like arguing with people, and rarely get upset, but really?
    There Terri, I said it.
    Let's start a revolution!
    Okay, I seriously need to get more serious.
    I think I'm like this because I'm sleepy right now.

50. ISO #100

There is nothing to be inferred from a blanket statement. You said "I can't be unbiased". This can't be inferred as "I will be as good as everyone else", that's called backtracking.

And in reference to your second point, if you aren't afraid of losing your power, give it up. Prove me wrong, reapply when you're actually someone the community can trust.
    I believe I already stated that I wasn't stupid. Now stop trying to be the evil snake! Im perfectly happy with the normal apples.