Creative punishment for leavers
Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which solution do you like more?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Solution 1

1 6.67%
  • Solution 2

8 53.33%
  • I don't like this idea

6 40.00%
  1. ISO #1

Creative punishment for leavers

I have 2 ideas on mind right now.

Solution number one, the surety method:
    Once game begins, after you choose your name and see your role, you pay 5 points to the game. To get those points back you have to stay until the end, or die.

Solution number two, the joke's on you method:
    Once game begins and you see your role, that role will be saved into your bank file as "last role recieved", another variable will hold a check to see if you left the game prematurely, it will be automatically turned on and will only turn off once you die or reach the game's conclusion. If you left prematurely, suicided that is, you will get, 100%, that same role on the next game you play. If you died or stayed until the end then you will not get the same role the next game.

So, in both cases you must die or stay until the end to avoid punishment. Say no to leavers! :P

2. ISO #2
    Deolrin

Re: Creative punishment for leavers

Leavers can leave for reasons like "food" or "I have to go" or "my connection died". Punishing them for a sin they might or might not have done on purpose is silly.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Solution 2 is only a punishment for people who leave because they got a role they hate.

If you truly have a valid reason for leaving, then solution 2 is actually a good thing for you, because you may have gotten a fun role you like, and then bam you have to go... But, since you didn't get to finish the game with that role, you are almost assured that role the next game.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6
    wightsnow

Quote Originally Posted by BruceCampbell View Post
    Leavers also leave for reasons like "I died night one and don't feel like watching a mafia game instead of playing a mafia game for the next 30 minutes."
    If you read his suggestions, they don't punish people who have already died.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Ugh.. Hackers could abuse this... Blargh, stupid blizzard and their "oh lets put the bank files on the player's computer! Surely nobody would try to modify it in order to cheat! Players are saints, there's no such thing as cheaters or hackers!" ... Yeah.. /rant

Bank files have no encryption whatsoever? There must be some measure of security to them...

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Ugh.. Hackers could abuse this... Blargh, stupid blizzard and their "oh lets put the bank files on the player's computer! Surely nobody would try to modify it in order to cheat! Players are saints, there's no such thing as cheaters or hackers!" ... Yeah.. /rant

Bank files have no encryption whatsoever? There must be some measure of security to them...
    I thought they were, and the hackers just broke the encryption. But DR would know better than I.

10. ISO #10