M-FM VI Gamethread - Page 4
Register

User Tag List

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #151

Re: M-FM VI Day 1: The Arrival

Just a little forewarning, I will be much less forthcoming with information when questions are asked after today. I will only tell the bare minimum when something has to be cleared up. Many of you haven't asked anything and I'm wondering if it is because you haven't done your homework or because my descriptions are just so utterly amazing that everything is crystal clear to you despite the complexity of it all.

You can either ask your questions, or you admit that I'm the best host in the history of FM. The choice is yours!
    [FMVI: Angel FMVIII: Gunsmith FMIX: Peasant FMX: Blacksmith
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host
    SFM-I: Spy SFM-II: Bandit SFM-III: Host SFM-VI: Skeleton Knight
    Awards: MFM-IV MVP SFM-VI MVP]

2. ISO #152

3. ISO #153

You can have five imaginary copper pieces. You'll have to loot the crypt to get the rest.
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host

4. ISO #154

5. ISO #155

6. ISO #156

Quote Originally Posted by Socretin View Post
    If I call you the best host ever do we get to start?
    Yes.

(but no earlier than we would if you didn't)

7. ISO #157

Quote Originally Posted by DramaLlama View Post
    I'll be honest I haven't looked over everything as much as I want.

Will start re-reading everything and get any questions out before tomorrow
    There's a good monkey!

8. ISO #158

9. ISO #159

Quote Originally Posted by BorkBot View Post
    Just a little forewarning, I will be much less forthcoming with information when questions are asked after today. I will only tell the bare minimum when something has to be cleared up. Many of you haven't asked anything and I'm wondering if it is because you haven't done your homework or because my descriptions are just so utterly amazing that everything is crystal clear to you despite the complexity of it all.

You can either ask your questions, or you admit that I'm the best host in the history of FM. The choice is yours!
    90% of my questions come organically from situations I come across in the game. Sorry, bud, but that's just the way it is.

I'll accept your bare minimum responses if that's what it takes to not sit here and come up with every situation imaginable.

10. ISO #160

There's the danger of recurring mechanics debate taking the focus away from the game itself. It'd be nice if that could be avoided as much as possible.

11. ISO #161

What are you meassures against game throw? Like OLOLOL I WANNA BE ASSASSIN WITH NIGHT CHAT?..... LETS JUST DO THE WITNESS APPROACH OLOLOL..

Cant stand those game thrower bitches
    Spoiler : fm history :
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

12. ISO #162

How does lynch immunity work exactly? If they are given the hammer will it just not go through and we are told at the end of the day?

Will the Paladin be notified of a successful smite or just an unsuccessful one? Will there be any indication that he can't smite the next night?

Do the vests (either survivor or given by armoursmith) trigger upon being attacked? Or do you have to decide to use them that night to save your life.

Is the death knight able to kill night 1? It says he MUST kill everynight except first, but doesn't say he can't.

Converted people (exception shadow hunter/acolytes) become what? Assassins?

If an amnesiac is converted to the haunting BEFORE he takes a roll, will he still be able to take a roll?

Is there any way possible to prevent a thief from stealing you key? From what I've read he will always be able to get a key from a dead person (steal it if they are lynched, or steal from person elected to get key) and their is no point to electing key bearers unless thief is dead.

You say that deception among the haunting is possible, but in this set up why would anyone do that? There are no traitors and the only reason I can see is that they want to open the crypt to kill death night and let dead members win. (The banshee doesn't care if dk is alive at end)

If the thief is converted to the haunting he doesn't care if the crypt is opened or not? I think it would be more interesting for the thief to still have to open the crypt and thus makes him a sort of traitor to the banshee. The current settings means he just steals keys to fuck the town over. I really think he should keep his win condition and also have to win with the haunting.

In the order of operations it says 0.3 Amnesiac remembers role. So if he is killed that night it will show his new role and also reveal to town that he took it?

Also, it's confusing to whether amnesiac gets his role as soon as he submits the pm (Stupid question but I'm not sure)

According to the order of operations someone can obtain a key and die the same night?

On day 4 the diviner can locate keys. Is this action a day action or night? If night does he have to chose between scrying and locating?

Is it considered gamethrowing to reveal you were converted/manipulated during the day incase you were converted so that the town can smite you the next? (at the time you would still be town aligned)

In the FAQ question 3 you said paladin doesn't know if ward prevents conversion. Will the target know? or ONLY the banshee?

13. ISO #163

14. ISO #164

15. ISO #165

16. ISO #166

17. ISO #167

18. ISO #168

19. ISO #169

20. ISO #170

21. ISO #171

22. ISO #172

23. ISO #173

24. ISO #174

I'm stupid. I was waiting for the role card and completely forgot that the first day would start without those. Time to do my homework and make sure I understand everything (I'm sure I won't).
    FM6: Assassin | FM8: Citizen (Chef) | FM9: Drunkard/Teacher (Nikita) | FM10: Town Thief (Procyon) - Best Night Actions
    M-FM1: Coroner | M-FM2: Lookout | M-FM3: Framer | M-FM6: Acolyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitalier View Post
    I don't think someone named wolfcheese has a clean head.

25. ISO #175

Can the journalist add his own opinions to an article?
    FM6: Assassin | FM8: Citizen (Chef) | FM9: Drunkard/Teacher (Nikita) | FM10: Town Thief (Procyon) - Best Night Actions

26. ISO #176

Shadow (Sheriff)
    Check one player each night to see if they are part of the Exorcists.
    What's the point of this role? Can he find the death knight unlike the Shadow Hunter?

27. ISO #177

28. ISO #178

29. ISO #179

30. ISO #180

Quote Originally Posted by CmG View Post
    What are you meassures against game throw? Like OLOLOL I WANNA BE ASSASSIN WITH NIGHT CHAT?..... LETS JUST DO THE WITNESS APPROACH OLOLOL..

Cant stand those game thrower bitches
    Exorcists are allowed to side with the cult, but if they ask to be converted or blatantly betray known allies by lynching, I will turn them into red acolytes without powers if they ever get converted. So the Haunting will be better off killing them and taking other players instead.

How does lynch immunity work exactly? If they are given the hammer will it just not go through and we are told at the end of the day?
    The hammer will still count and you can't lynch anyone else, but you will be informed that the player was immortal.

Will the Paladin be notified of a successful smite or just an unsuccessful one? Will there be any indication that he can't smite the next night?
    The paladin's smite is only considered successful if it kills its victim. Every other situation (heals, immunity, invalid target/roleblock) all report as unsuccessful. The paladin will receive a PM that he can't smite on the night after a successful smite.

Do the vests (either survivor or given by armoursmith) trigger upon being attacked? Or do you have to decide to use them that night to save your life.
    You have to decide when to use them.

Is the death knight able to kill night 1? It says he MUST kill everynight except first, but doesn't say he can't.
    He can kill, but he may choose not to. Holding off on the first night may be a strategical choice. Because he isn't necessarily everyone's enemy...

Converted people (exception shadow hunter/acolytes) become what? Assassins?
    They keep their original role, but become Haunting aligned.

If an amnesiac is converted to the haunting BEFORE he takes a roll, will he still be able to take a roll?
    All roles maintain their powers after conversion. Some just change a little (explained on rolecard).

Is there any way possible to prevent a thief from stealing you key? From what I've read he will always be able to get a key from a dead person (steal it if they are lynched, or steal from person elected to get key) and their is no point to electing key bearers unless thief is dead.
    A roleblock would stop him. If a thief proves to be a nuisance and he is found (by diviner, ranger or detective), he might be in trouble. Or the exorcists may decide to let the thief have a key so long as he's not aligned with the haunting and helps them to open the crypt at the expense of one of their players...

You say that deception among the haunting is possible, but in this set up why would anyone do that? There are no traitors and the only reason I can see is that they want to open the crypt to kill death night and let dead members win. (The banshee doesn't care if dk is alive at end)
    But the DK does care if the Banshee is alive at the end. Not everyone cares about their dead allies either.

If the thief is converted to the haunting he doesn't care if the crypt is opened or not? I think it would be more interesting for the thief to still have to open the crypt and thus makes him a sort of traitor to the banshee. The current settings means he just steals keys to fuck the town over. I really think he should keep his win condition and also have to win with the haunting.
    That won't really make sense from an RP perspective and I don't think it would be much of an issue, but alright. I'll change it.

In the order of operations it says 0.3 Amnesiac remembers role. So if he is killed that night it will show his new role and also reveal to town that he took it?
    Yes.

Also, it's confusing to whether amnesiac gets his role as soon as he submits the pm (Stupid question but I'm not sure)
    He does. He gets to perform his new action as well.

[According to the order of operations someone can obtain a key and die the same night?
    Yes. The key will be found on their corpse the next morning.

On day 4 the diviner can locate keys. Is this action a day action or night? If night does he have to chose between scrying and locating?
    It's a daytime action.

Is it considered gamethrowing to reveal you were converted/manipulated during the day incase you were converted so that the town can smite you the next? (at the time you would still be town aligned)
    If you were converted, you will be aligned with the haunting already. You won't know for sure until the next night, though you might be able to deduce if you were manipulated in some situations.

In the FAQ question 3 you said paladin doesn't know if ward prevents conversion. Will the target know? or ONLY the banshee?
    Both the target and the Banshee will know.

Can the journalist add his own opinions to an article?

He can publish an article of his own alongside the interview.

What's the point of this role? Can he find the death knight unlike the Shadow Hunter?
    He can tell the difference between neutrals and exorcists. Should be more useful than finding his own faction members.

31. ISO #181

32. ISO #182

Quote Originally Posted by Goremancer View Post
    Yea well then let's make this day into a social party. So Socretin what the hell were you thinking when you joined this forum?
    well I think my exact thought was "oh god today is so boring... hey wait! In this custom game I'm playing there's a link to their site! Maybe that'll kill some time!"

then I really wanted to try a forum mafia so here I am =)

33. ISO #183

He can tell the difference between neutrals and exorcists. Should be more useful than finding his own faction members.
    Can the Shadow Hunter tell this difference also (besides the death knight)? Or does it say the neutral is "not suspicious"?

34. ISO #184

NICK,

When you read this, know that the Thief now still has to open the crypt to win after he is converted to the Haunting. He just doesn't have to survive until the end. That rule was changed slightly.

35. ISO #185

Quote Originally Posted by wolfcheese View Post
    Can the Shadow Hunter tell this difference also (besides the death knight)? Or does it say the neutral is "not suspicious"?
    Besides the Death Knight, all neutrals appear as not suspicious.

36. ISO #186

37. ISO #187

38. ISO #188

39. ISO #189

are roles chosen using random.org (it seems to be used a lot around here)
    No. They are decided the old-fashioned way!

I actually look like that guy ^

Except I'm a skinny nerd, not a fat one

40. ISO #190

41. ISO #191

42. ISO #192

43. ISO #193

oh ok!

*passes BorkBot 20 dollars*

I think you'll make the right decision
    You want to be the Thief so you can steal them back, don't you? I'm onto your scheme...

44. ISO #194

NICK,

When you read this, know that the Thief now still has to open the crypt to win after he is converted to the Haunting. He just doesn't have to survive until the end. That rule was changed slightly.
    Is this what you meant?

Win conditions:
    1) If not converted, be one of the players who unseals the crypt and survive
    2) If converted, be one of the players who unseals the crypt and survive if Sir Purigon is alive
    3) If converted, be one of the players who unseals the crypt and doesn't need to survive to the end if Sir Purigon is dead

By the way, you just told everyone that I'm the thief.

45. ISO #195

46. ISO #196

47. ISO #197

Quote Originally Posted by Sumikoko View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. Waaagh, buddy, I haven't even done anything to you (yet) and you're already planning my death? Very well. You and Escaho are going down first. Troublesome recruit and dropship, I'll tear your pharynx out from your guts. While keeping you alive. Sound pleasant?
    I might as well just come out and say it, as there's no point in denying it later on:

If Sumi dies night one, it was because of me.

48. ISO #198

49. ISO #199

50. ISO #200

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Is this what you meant?

Win conditions:
    1) If not converted, be one of the players who unseals the crypt and survive
    2) If converted, be one of the players who unseals the crypt and survive if Sir Purigon is alive
    3) If converted, be one of the players who unseals the crypt and doesn't need to survive to the end if Sir Purigon is dead
    yes, yes, yes (although Sir Purigon may die after you die, as long as the Haunting wins without him surviving)

By the way, you just told everyone that I'm the thief.
    No I didn't. I addressed you specifically because you asked a question about the same subject before, but DramaLlama suggested a change for balance which I'm fine with. My answer then was that no, the thief didn't need to loot the crypt after conversion. I felt the need to inform you that the rule was changed.