2. ISO #252

3. ISO #253

4. ISO #254

5. ISO #255

6. ISO #256

7. ISO #257

Re: S-FM 355: Nonstandard Roles 3

Quote Originally Posted by Cape90 View Post
    Helz - Top town for obvious mech reasons, no evil equivalent to Bride.

MartinGG99 - For a person who said they were gonna lay back until day 2, that actually ended up not exactly happening and I think his contributions have been solvy/pro-town so far. Liked the read on Luka, biased, but like his defense of me.
    Marshmallow Marshall - Explained this earlier and don't have anything to add here.
    Mizery - Explained at least Mizery's early game, their point about not catching that MM said lily was frozen early game and then lily unfreezing herself isn't something MM should TR lily off of is a point I kinda just don't agree with on like a level 0 type of way. (the post is #180, linking it for clarity). Other then that, nothing that makes me strengthen or weaken my light TR here.
    Luka - I like his solving energy, even though it is a tad on a baseline level.
    Varcron - I feel like saying that there aren't many posts worth responding to is rand>v for as """late""" in the game as post #222 is. Hating the Auwt vote on MM feels towny to me for some reason.

scumbot5679 - I see where their sus on Huohuo is coming from in that Porscha is easy to point fingers at around this moment. I think I need a bit more before I really decide if this is town or not though but I am almost leaning that way. IDK just isn't enough there for me yet.
    Dark Magician - The more Dark Magician doubles down on the whole Porscha inquiry thing, the more I felt better about it, oddly enough. I find Dark Magician to be particularly "jumpy" (like kinda posting like "AH HA" things without thinking too hard about it) which idk how to feel, my gut scumreads it but also knows that it could be a personality thing.
    Huo Huo and Mr Tail - Have picked up this isn't a hydra, but like a partial roleplay type of thing. I am kinda drawing a blank when I read their content. Their post supporting the lily push felt not great to me, same with their subsequent changing of their mind on lily. Been prodding people which is good to see I suppose.
    Auwt - Early push on MM was... whatever. I will say the problem with Martin deciding to take the bride's offer is that he would only be confirmed for a day (assuming he is indeed town) before mafia likely NKs one of Martin/Bride, and for town PRs, I see 3 possible town healing power roles I believe, but there could only be one and if so, how would they know who to protect? (unless night watchmen, but to protect both bride and whoever bride loves, that will be 2 out of the 3 uses for that role, which isn't super great IMO and it also is a gamble whether the role is here or not here, and soul mate would create a whole nasty chain of events if solo). (Sidenote: I am aware this has nothing to do with a read on Auwt but it's more a response to their recent content).
    oliverz144 - The pairing of me and helz off an arbitrary thing is classic oliverz i think so idk how to read into that in terms of alignment for him. Other then that I have nothing to add.
    Porscha - Don't have a lot to say, pretty fluffy, also scumleans lily though

Lilypetal - I don't see why anyone should TR this though. Like I feel like their micro posts feel off, like idk how to describe it, like when lilypetal questioned why a Mizery post was phrased towny, also nobody said anything about that. I know Mizery last game on here suspected me when I was town pretty hard so I died really really early so I can see their paranoia. #181 feels off in like a shruggy type of way. Only thing is their Luka read seemed kinda towny I guess.
    bakermir - Their posts feel pretty devoid of substance/underwhelming despite being game related.

-vote bakermir

Obligatory boring vote for now

idk what do you want from me

8. ISO #258

9. ISO #259

10. ISO #260

11. ISO #261

12. ISO #262

13. ISO #263

14. ISO #264

15. ISO #265

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    i wanted to get reactions and especially from oliverz

i think it is +ev for reasons but yeah i would appreciate it if more people could join the pressuring oliverz wagon
    -vote oliverz144

mm sure why not

I'm mostly active now because I wont be closer to EOD, probs will miss EOD but we will see

16. ISO #266

Quote Originally Posted by Mizery View Post
    what, her explanation of "no one was posting anything i could give an AI response to so i left" was good enough? how is that even a real answer?
    i mean i read the threat, no thougth in my head, or no worthy thougth ib my head, i go scroll to the end and close the thread
    aint gonna stare at the screen till i reinvent the wheel (or bicycle)
    Praise the Lord!

17. ISO #267

18. ISO #268

Quote Originally Posted by Mizery View Post
    it's just something I wouldn't expect to change someone's mind about anyone regardless of the reason they were given. Like that sentence from you shouldn't make them townread you more than they were before, regardless of what reason they had before.
    tf this word salat?
    Praise the Lord!

19. ISO #269

20. ISO #270

21. ISO #271

22. ISO #272

23. ISO #273

24. ISO #274

25. ISO #275

26. ISO #276

27. ISO #277

28. ISO #278

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    I think his Cape/Helz and stand by that the read he had there was good.
    But I think it’s more like based on Cape’s reads where it could just be Cape is a wolf period that town read a town.
    My dude, Helz is mod confirmed Bride, that role doesn't have an evil counterpart

29. ISO #279

30. ISO #280

31. ISO #281

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Thanks, but I don't think that question in itself is you scum hunting outside of maybe gut reads. Some people are going to take what you are up to as AI but I will just say I am less confident. If you are up to what I think you are its clever.

Do you normally start off games with such a question?
    i deeply investigated the question on how to teach mafia to other people, how to start games, especially newbie games.
    making oog related questions was not considered an good option, however a very popular.
    Praise the Lord!

32. ISO #282

33. ISO #283

34. ISO #284

35. ISO #285

36. ISO #286

Quote Originally Posted by Cape90 View Post
    2. I mentioned the claim because it was a thought I had since I took note of this Helz post

Which felt like there was something fishy going on with Helz because obviously if this were in fact true, they would probs just privately contact host i would think.
    So not 'really' game related but I really did not have my role at the time of that post and I have real life obligations coming up on those two days. I like to call out my participation drops well before a game starts so theres none of those uncomfortable "did they disappear for game related reasons" conversations. I feel like its fair if done in such a way for both alignments and helps disentangle real life from being pressured because of a game if that makes sense.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

37. ISO #287

38. ISO #288

Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post
    Spoiler : Cut for space :
    I'm not sure that denying Helz proposal was the good choice, Martin.
    I understand that you would not want to potentially make 2 townies down at a time, yet I believe that having Helz back you up automatically make two auto confirmed town.
    This would definitely reduce the current wide scope of possibility we have due to the amount of players being in-game.

For the record, I don't know if Helz can propose once again, but I would personally accept if they decide to do so.
    Also, considering the quantity of Town role that could save players (Night Watchman, Though Guy, Soul Mate,...) and the number of TPR within the game, it's highly likely to have at least one of them able to save confirmed townies.

I'm not saying you are scum Martin, but auto-denying is what a scum would do, because Helz has the opportunity to instantly find a scum if you are one.
    If I'm not chosen, I would like to ask Helz to demand Martin once again.
    Should Martin refuse once again though, I would switch my vote to him.
    A few points on this. I specifically asked Martin to Deny me so the public confirmation would come out.
    I feel having just 1 confirmed town does a lot of good things for the town with minimal risk given the scums roles.
    Nobody has pointed it out so I will. There are no citizens. Every role is a PR in this game and town will likely have a majority until at least N2 making a nice advantage (so long as the town is not reckless with their actions. Some will likely do more damage than good.)
    I can propose as many times as I want but only once at a time. I do not have the intention of using the role to confirm a second town. Leashing a neutral would be good or leveraging a LYLO might be a thing but I do not want to tie myself to another town player and if I hit a mafia in the early days it would just make for a complicated issue that would not be the most productive outside of a sorta vengeful function.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

39. ISO #289

7 hours 20 minutes left in the day.

Lilypetal (1):
    Marshmallow Marshall
    oliverz144 (2):
    bakermir, Helz
    Huo Huo and Mr Tail (2):
    oliverz144, scumbot5679
    bwcPorscha (2):
    Huo Huo and Mr Tail, MartinGG99
    Marshmallow Marshall (1):
    Auwt
    Cape90 (1):
    Lilypetal
    bakermir (2):
    Mizery, Cape90

40. ISO #290

41. ISO #291

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    I think this is normal Porscha and regardless of alignment they are making some sorta reads with the answers we provided to their question.
    I'd be lying if I said my question was useless, it was useful, but you certainly are being generous in your defense of me lol

42. ISO #292

A few points on this. I specifically asked Martin to Deny me so the public confirmation would come out.
    I feel having just 1 confirmed town does a lot of good things for the town with minimal risk given the scums roles.
    Nobody has pointed it out so I will. There are no citizens. Every role is a PR in this game and town will likely have a majority until at least N2 making a nice advantage (so long as the town is not reckless with their actions. Some will likely do more damage than good.)
    I can propose as many times as I want but only once at a time. I do not have the intention of using the role to confirm a second town. Leashing a neutral would be good or leveraging a LYLO might be a thing but I do not want to tie myself to another town player and if I hit a mafia in the early days it would just make for a complicated issue that would not be the most productive outside of a sorta vengeful function.
    tbh no one is gonna accept your proposal

and if I were you, I would probably holster that longer but no point discussing that anymore either

43. ISO #293

Thanks, but I don't think that question in itself is you scum hunting outside of maybe gut reads. Some people are going to take what you are up to as AI but I will just say I am less confident. If you are up to what I think you are its clever.

Do you normally start off games with such a question?
    On average, no. This isnt the first time I've done it though lol

I welcome all opinions on whether what I am doing is AI or not

44. ISO #294

45. ISO #295

46. ISO #296

Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    I called cape scum. you called cape scum.
    i get voted
    Hahahahha
    i never called cape scum

you are getting voted by me because I got pinged by your earlier posts and wanted to see more of it.

IC voting you did encourage me too so there is that.

what are your thoughts on Helz voting you?

47. ISO #297

48. ISO #298

49. ISO #299

50. ISO #300