S-FM 354: Short Fuse Mafia - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #101

Re: S-FM 354: Short Fuse Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Mizery View Post
    And again I don't see you as top scum i see that as a mech win regardless if people trust that i didn't just kill my wolf buddy
    Lol. Zero chance of that. Mafia was in an excellent position. If that was what just happened I would borderline call it gamethrowing.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

2. ISO #102

3. ISO #103

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Orrrrrr. And just hear me out here...

We could actually play Mafia. Do stuff like talk and make reads instead of blindly depending on shooting with a 20% hit chance while we have a 4v1 advantage. We would literally have 36 hours of discussion + 2 lynches and the option of your Vig shot if we decide to actually play.

If nobody cares and were just going to day vig let me know and I will just stop trying. I honestly would not have signed up for that type of game. Its not even Mafia.
    I mean the problem is I'm trying but no one seems to want to. It's just you and me in thread and scumbot was here but seems to havve nothing to say regardless. POD shot off immediately and is saying he's going to shoot Frink in 40m now so there's really no point imo in trying to actually play since no one else seems to want to.

4. ISO #104

I also think it's strange you said you'd shoot as well since you'd be shooting me if i didn't shoot MM when i've been trying to keep this game alive and would have no problem not trying to do that as a wolf, but that's a minor point imo.
    Well to be blunt I did not town read you and I would have felt shooting was the correct action for a town player given we were effectively heading towards a certain loss without a hero shot. Did you honestly have a scum read on MM? I do not recall you saying any hint of suspecting him prior to a "Fuck it, we gotta get lucky" shot.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

5. ISO #105

Quote Originally Posted by scumbot5679 View Post
    MM was pressuring me into shooting Cape over lynching POD. Knowing now that MM was scum and Cape was town does it not look like potential buddy play?
    I will need to re-read the thread. I don't remember seeing MM pushing for a kill on POD but I very specifically remember questioning why he would push for a lynch but not a shot prior to seeing he was killed.

6. ISO #106

Well to be blunt I did not town read you and I would have felt shooting was the correct action for a town player given we were effectively heading towards a certain loss without a hero shot. Did you honestly have a scum read on MM? I do not recall you saying any hint of suspecting him prior to a "Fuck it, we gotta get lucky" shot.
    it was a fuck it we gotta get lucky shot that i wouldn't have made had i found MM towny so yeah that's why i said minor point since i have TMI on my alignment

7. ISO #107

I mean the problem is I'm trying but no one seems to want to. It's just you and me in thread and scumbot was here but seems to havve nothing to say regardless. POD shot off immediately and is saying he's going to shoot Frink in 40m now so there's really no point imo in trying to actually play since no one else seems to want to.
    I absolutely agree. I would very much like to play but if were just going to RNG it with shots I would rather not try. I do feel like we are having a productive conversation though. Knowing Frinckles he would try if he does step in in time.

8. ISO #108

9. ISO #109

I will need to re-read the thread. I don't remember seeing MM pushing for a kill on POD but I very specifically remember questioning why he would push for a lynch but not a shot prior to seeing he was killed.
    it's just the first page of him voting POD and kinda saying that was a bad play after I did, and then afterwards "Threatening" to shoot Scumbot after scumbot said "these two people are wolves" and then didn't shoot them even tho they're right infront of him. Not sure if MM was trying to align cape and scumbot though because i don't see that.

10. ISO #110

11. ISO #111

12. ISO #112

I absolutely agree. I would very much like to play but if were just going to RNG it with shots I would rather not try. I do feel like we are having a productive conversation though. Knowing Frinckles he would try if he does step in in time.
    Again it's not RNG with the shots. I don't like your downplaying this because it's a genuine mech win for town.

13. ISO #113

14. ISO #114

15. ISO #115

16. ISO #116

Again it's not RNG with the shots. I don't like your downplaying this because it's a genuine mech win for town.
    The way I see the mech crunch on this is with 4v1 a kill has a 20% chance. Thats great odds- of shooting a townie. We get 2 shots and a lynch for 60% chance- but with the caveat that if the 40% shots fail 1/3 of the vote falls on a scum player putting you in a situation to make a kingmaker play for 50/50 chance of the win.

Alternatively 36 hours of conversation and two straight up lynches is a lot of time to solve and make a more educated decision if people just stop shooting and start trying to solve the game. I feel like we have a much better chance at winning if we just slow down and talk.

17. ISO #117

18. ISO #118

The way I see the mech crunch on this is with 4v1 a kill has a 20% chance. Thats great odds- of shooting a townie. We get 2 shots and a lynch for 60% chance- but with the caveat that if the 40% shots fail 1/3 of the vote falls on a scum player putting you in a situation to make a kingmaker play for 50/50 chance of the win.

Alternatively 36 hours of conversation and two straight up lynches is a lot of time to solve and make a more educated decision if people just stop shooting and start trying to solve the game. I feel like we have a much better chance at winning if we just slow down and talk.
    With shots we can realistically (only if frink was here) get down to just 2 people, one a town with kp, and one someone with no kp left. There would be no exe involved, just shots, in the right order, going down until there was just one person left who is town. (me)

19. ISO #119

20. ISO #120

21. ISO #121

22. ISO #122

23. ISO #123

With shots we can realistically (only if frink was here) get down to just 2 people, one a town with kp, and one someone with no kp left. There would be no exe involved, just shots, in the right order, going down until there was just one person left who is town. (me)
    The second its 1v1 the town looses. The 1v1 would be forced the moment its 3p. So 'if' its scumbot this would mean I die to frickles, frinckles dies to POD, then its 3v1 with a lynch stack on scumbot or POD. Pick wrong and the game is over without you getting a chance to shoot at all. Or if your lynching POD a last second vote swap to you with a /detonate would kill POD and have the lynch fall on you.

Going to 3p in this setup is a terrible play imo specifically because even if you 'would' win if the game did not end it does end. You having a shot with the mafia helpless in your sights just does not matter. We still loose.

24. ISO #124

gotta be honest thought he was pinging you about the fact that mm's dead but ok
    I've been multitasking past few hours, so my brain is out of whack.

There. You all will need to re-vote if you've voted before.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

25. ISO #125

Just take a moment to consider a 3p of you, POD and Scumbot.

If Scumbot's cooldown comes up and he is the wolf he shoots for the insta win.
    If You lynch Scumbot and he is not the scum POD insta wins.

Its a 50/50 with a time crunch and one of the two players who you can barely read.

26. ISO #126

The second its 1v1 the town looses. The 1v1 would be forced the moment its 3p. So 'if' its scumbot this would mean I die to frickles, frinckles dies to POD, then its 3v1 with a lynch stack on scumbot or POD. Pick wrong and the game is over without you getting a chance to shoot at all. Or if your lynching POD a last second vote swap to you with a /detonate would kill POD and have the lynch fall on you.

Going to 3p in this setup is a terrible play imo specifically because even if you 'would' win if the game did not end it does end. You having a shot with the mafia helpless in your sights just does not matter. We still loose.
    Why does the game end at 1v1 if I can kill the wolf and the wolf can't kill me legit don't get that

27. ISO #127

28. ISO #128

29. ISO #129

Why does the game end at 1v1 if I can kill the wolf and the wolf can't kill me legit don't get that
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumi View Post
    Town wins when all Mafia members are dead.
    Mafia wins when they have equal alive members to the number of alive Town
    Its the win condition stated in the setup. Mafia wins at 1v1's or 2v2's

30. ISO #130

Helz, who do you think is the scum between me, POD and Miz?
    Miz is absolutely confirmed town imo. Them killing a scum teammate in that gamestate would be borderline gamethrowing.
    POD I want to go through MM's interaction more when I am less focused on interacting while people are active and multi-tasking on something else. You would be my top focus as of right now. I had good feels on Cape and he was one of the few contributing players.

If I was mafia I would probably push to keep conversation dead right now. Easier to hide when you do not even need to play to do it.

31. ISO #131

Miz is absolutely confirmed town imo. Them killing a scum teammate in that gamestate would be borderline gamethrowing..
    To explain this emphatically clearly-

'If' Mizery was scum teamed with MM and you just killed Cape the game was at 4v2.

POD was gona kill Frinckles making it a 3v2 where all 3 town would have to vote correctly to win.
    Not only that but MM would have his shot so he could just kill you tieing it up at 2v2 for a mafia win.

In a world where MM was teamed with Mizery I would call Mizery killing MM gamethrowing. They should be unquestionable imo.

32. ISO #132

I came into this thread thinking that POD was wildly scummy. I mean, just why shoot someone who hadn't even posted and then he said he'll kill Frinkles for ??? He's not hunting.

I think you always kill POD here. I think he's just pretty likely to be scum here but even on the off chance that he was town you don't keep that WIFOM around.

At the end of page 1 my thoughts were that POD/Cape were scummy hence why I said.

Someone argue with me about something. I need 7 more posts but I don't really have any other game-related posting to do. I just think its a POD/Cape team and I don't really see myself budging from that position.
    I had the (wrong) assumption that Miz (and to a much lesser degree, MM, were just lulz pushing/arguing with me since I asked for it but Miz' admission that he was being serious now makes my nose crinkle.

If you don't see yourself budging then why not detonate?
    b/c it wasn't the correct play to hero-shoot cape and I'm not just saying that b/c Cape flipped town. POD was incredibly scummy, even if you want to argue that his shot was just bad town play thats still the correct play.

you don't seem to believe your read all that much
    this post is also bullshit.

Other than Helz saying that you are confirmed town, it's very possible that scum MM latched onto your pushing me to shoot Cape.

Hey scumbot did you know that if you kill cape before 5 then you can still also kill POD before EOD? fun facts
    here you continue to just to get me to shoot Cape.

33. ISO #133

@scumbot5679
    Do you disagree with my reasoning that Mizery is basically confirmed town here? I do not understand why you are pushing the only player who has killed a Mafia.
    Spoiler : Reasoning :
    To explain this emphatically clearly-

'If' Mizery was scum teamed with MM and you just killed Cape the game was at 4v2.

POD was gona kill Frinckles making it a 3v2 where all 3 town would have to vote correctly to win.
    Not only that but MM would have his shot so he could just kill you tieing it up at 2v2 for a mafia win.

In a world where MM was teamed with Mizery I would call Mizery killing MM gamethrowing. They should be unquestionable imo.

34. ISO #134

35. ISO #135

36. ISO #136

37. ISO #137

38. ISO #138

39. ISO #139

40. ISO #140

41. ISO #141

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    i solved the game
    Well please start having conversations and lets us in on it. I had really hoped you would come back on and recognize the absolute worst thing for town right now in a 4v1 is another day vig.

42. ISO #142

oh and I have a public clarification to a question I was given, and this publication was intentionally delayed by an undisclosed amount of time

nights (after night 0) are effectively breaks, so if you have 12 hours of cool-down left once night hits, you'll still have 12 hours of coool-down left once night ends (it'll basically "pause" at night)
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

43. ISO #143

@MartinGG99

Can the mafia pick which player is behind which if they decide to position themselves behind etchother?

Can the mafia pick which town players they are behind if they pick to be behind townies?

44. ISO #144

45. ISO #145

@MartinGG99

Can the mafia pick which player is behind which if they decide to position themselves behind etchother?

Can the mafia pick which town players they are behind if they pick to be behind townies?
    Per the wording in OP:

Ordering to be randomly determined at SoD1, depending on if the Mafia Goons decide if they want to be seated behind (i.e. be able to /detonate to kill) a mafia or town.
    It would not be possible to randomize things for the mafia if they both elected to have detonators against the town and got to pick who. Hence, they cannot elect who is their detonator target outside of alignment. Mafia can decide which one is holding the detonator against the other, however, since fundamentally the game only allows one mafia to have the chance of detonating the other without just winning first.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

46. ISO #146

47. ISO #147

48. ISO #148

i assume scumbot is killing me no matter what.

when that does happen, here are scenarios:

if Helz is town, they have to detonate scum mizery before mizery kill town scumbot 1 hour later.

If helz is town and think scumbot is scum, helz have to let mizery kill scumbot and holster.

If Mizery is town, and think Helz is scum, they need to convince scumbot to not shoot until Mizery 24 hours is up.

If Mizery is town and think scumbot is scum, Mizery just gotta convince helz to holster and end the game.

If scumbot is town and think Helz is mafia, then u just gotta pray he isnt because killing me lose for the town.

If scumbot is town and think Mizery is mafia, then make sure to kill me asap so helz have 1 hour to kill Mizery

49. ISO #149

50. ISO #150

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    anyway, thats all, game is kinda solved, rest is up to you guys
    Not really. You could give reads on players and participate so we can make an informed decision. Imo its an absolute solve between you and Scumbot. Mizery is confirmed town.