User Tag List

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1691
  1. ISO #951

2. ISO #952

3. ISO #953

Re: S-FM 353: Death Nominations

Quote Originally Posted by tutuu View Post
    Why are you asking to be put in the nominations in a hypothetical lylo scenario? How does this benefit your faction?
    What, do you think its more hurtful for me as town?

I literally just called everyone to take a stance on me and am making a bigger deal out of myself -- something of which would make any associative with a !wolf me easier to see. Additionally it may also show me to be unaligned with most or all people which will make proving myself to be town to be easier.

Also, in the event that we cause a town flip today, I find it semi-beneficial for town to include me in the nominations since it feels like wolves are benefitting by having me in the background considering the seeming lack of actual stances on me. Which makes it harder for me and (I think) others to tell who the wolves really are.

Separate note though "Lylo" is funky and I didn't really look into figuring out. Thing is, lylo can be shifted a whole day earlier if the town flip (prior to what normally would be an F7 or F5) noms three other towns (an auto-win for wolves). And honestly, if I get nommed with two other towns, we were already screwed to begin with. Also, if we actually land in a lylo situation with me nommed, we'll know there's at least one wolf in that group of three (or group of two for any town in that nominated group).

Anyways, while I was looking more into who has or hasn't made stances on me earlier, I came across this snippet:

Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    Out of icarus/vittae/martin i feel most confortable calling icarus a villager since just like baker everyone just put them as villager and threw them in the attic to be forgotten and that's usually reserved for townies and wolves like to pull those out around lylo and say something like ''damn this guy hasnt been this towny''
    With this, and some searching, I've tinfoiled a Vittae-Ikarus-lol team (though I want to note the associative I find with vittae is earlier in the game and has nothing to do with this quote).

I'm not going to go on about that today though most likely, I'm just posting it now for bragging rights later if I happen to be right. Get mad at me baker for having no posted progression on it yet, reeee into the void if you must.

-vote lol
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

4. ISO #954

5. ISO #955

6. ISO #956

@lol what do you think about martin? And specifically his posts today?
    why are you asking him

if he flips town then I just look bad regardless of what he thinks, and if he flips mafia then whatever he says to you about me is at best WIFOM

I guess it could maybe matter if lol is not chopped today but in order for that to actually matter to you that would mean chopping scumbot
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

7. ISO #957

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    why are you asking him

if he flips town then I just look bad regardless of what he thinks, and if he flips mafia then whatever he says to you about me is at best WIFOM

I guess it could maybe matter if lol is not chopped today but in order for that to actually matter to you that would mean chopping scumbot
    I want him to leave more spew

Its not at best wifom unless by principle u disregard the idea of reading dead wolves for spew. Do u?

8. ISO #958

9. ISO #959

10. ISO #960

11. ISO #961

Like seriously Tutuu has played with me so much that apparently they can't figure me out without the input of a probable wolf.

Its kinda offensive, and maybe that's not an objectively correct way to take it, but its how my emotions feel about it
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

12. ISO #962

13. ISO #963

14. ISO #964

15. ISO #965

16. ISO #966

Ok so when i die listen to me. It's probably a tunnel that's game losing if wrong but you also had 2 chances to vote correctly so i'm not taking the blame. Tommorow turn off your brains and chop tutuu.
    Don't think about who's up and about WIFOM if richard is up there chop him. IF he's a villager then i trust he's got a good head on his shoulders and can put up 2 wolves for us, if he's a wolf we are back and can probably find the last wolf.
    If Richard isn't there just kill the wolfiest guy. Townread scumbot personally but if it helps clear your head get rid of him. Martin's been pretty low impact so he can be the slanker wolf you're looking for. Probe him to make sure.
    Vittae can be a wolf but feels risky to me, call it a gut feeling. Icarus and Baker feel like townies to me and doesn't seem like wolves are particularily keen on killing either (well, no one is) so shouldn't be a problem fighting for their life here.

17. ISO #967

The real skill issue would be if somehow the townies collectively townread baker and icarus and they were both wolves, scumreading me isn't a huge deal i was a slanker D1 and portion of D2 so scumread on me is understandable.

But i heavily favour against pushing either of them unless we are in the dream scenario where 2 wolves die back2back and we have room to experiment. Even then i find it better to kill either vittae or martin but let's say martin towns it up for example i'd say in that case test the waters on icarus in f3 over baker i think we can agree baker is town #1 and icarus is town #2

18. ISO #968

19. ISO #969

20. ISO #970

@lol what do you think about martin? And specifically his posts today?
    He's outer poe. Posts are fine, nothing insane. Seems more focused on proving some kinda point rather than solving the game which is mildly villagery at this point, but the 'Put me in the PoE' portion is wolfy to me

@MartinGG99 If you wanted to be put on the chopping block, should have asked earlier. It's Tuesday; Feels to me you're acting like you're alienated more than anything. Not that hard to involved yourself in the game. Then you proceed to say that you don't want my opinion right after complaining about people not taking stances on you. Scummy play in the best case idiotic play in the worst case. Clear you're more worried about your image in the f7 scenario more than anything

21. ISO #971

Like seriously Tutuu has played with me so much that apparently they can't figure me out without the input of a probable wolf.

Its kinda offensive, and maybe that's not an objectively correct way to take it, but its how my emotions feel about it
    Your 'Probable wolf' is a tinfoil. There's a good chance you're both wolves and made up this argument. Looks like i found my trio. Chop all 3

22. ISO #972

Think about it. Calling me out when tutuu is so confident is uncalled for, but i could see just being cocky and the response asking for ''spew'' makes sense. Posts from martin to day in regards to me or tutuu make 0 logical sense. It's so bad it's gotta be fabricated

I'm happy to bank the game on this, if i'm wrong too bad but at the very least consider this team:
    tutuu/richard/martin

@bakermir @ikarusdk @scumbot5679 @Vittae

23. ISO #973

24. ISO #974

He's outer poe. Posts are fine, nothing insane. Seems more focused on proving some kinda point rather than solving the game which is mildly villagery at this point, but the 'Put me in the PoE' portion is wolfy to me

@MartinGG99 If you wanted to be put on the chopping block, should have asked earlier. It's Tuesday; Feels to me you're acting like you're alienated more than anything. Not that hard to involved yourself in the game. Then you proceed to say that you don't want my opinion right after complaining about people not taking stances on you. Scummy play in the best case idiotic play in the worst case. Clear you're more worried about your image in the f7 scenario more than anything
    When I said "not taking stances" and "being in the background", I was not referring to a lack of reads but rather stuff like this from Ikarus and Vittae:

Quote Originally Posted by ikarusdk View Post
    I do think tutuu + martin are for some reason aligned with each other. Just a feel though. Martin definitely feels and sounds different this game to his other towns games i've been in, but of course he did say he was busy and he could've been stressed, but their seemingly cohesive worldview doesn't stick well with me because i don't agree with some of it.
    Very loose shade here that isn't really stressed or really developed by Ikarus.

Does this mean everyone else is town from your pov?
    yeah i have reasons to townread everyone else

i know im wrong on at least 1, if im even right on lol + martin
    what is your take on martin? would you be able to case him?

I have my own suspicion of martin, but you might have a better constructed reasoning than me.
    Ikarus initiates a conversation about reads in general but then turns it to me and pointedly asks about casing me. Ikarus doesn't seem willing to share his full reasons here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vittae View Post
    What makes you think these two are a difference check, as well?
    Vittae doesn't really discuss me but asks about this difference check, which Richard doesn't follow up on later and neither does Vittae.

Furthermore, Vittae has not mentioned me recently after that, and even before that the only mention of non-substance in relation to something Richard was talking about in p#547.

In fact, the last time Vittae has meaningfully talked about me in a way that seems to somewhat resemble a read is here:

The opposite of what I said absolutely doesn't apply, yeah.

Willingness to die as Martin has expressed is >rand town.

Lack of willingness to die is NOT >rand scum and I would argue is almost always the better approach for villagers to play. I will basically never willingly let myself due to town killpower.
    In post #126.

Separate of my issues w/ Ikarus and Vittae: Nobody has really engaged with my interaction with baker earlier except like Tutuu and Varcron. Which rings to me like people really wanting to avoid the issue of me till later or something. Especially since, as some people have noted, it was unusual behavior of me.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

25. ISO #975

26. ISO #976

You know, the highest poster of this game so far, being responsible for 200-some posts, while Tutuu has talked about me a fair bit and has only around 30 less posts than Vittae.

I recognize though this is a very fast game at 24 hours, so I feel kinda cruel to expect anyone to have reads and comments on everything, but with the amount of posts I think it goes to show Vittae had fair opportunity to comment on me or make a read of me a few times since then (especially since I feel my impact on the thread in terms of being worthy of discussion) have only increased.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

27. ISO #977

28. ISO #978

29. ISO #979

Quote Originally Posted by CRichardForumLies View Post
    -vote Varcron

I'd rather not tie.
    Why did you move your vote to avoid a tie here when we already discussed that ties are settled in a fixed order?

Wouldn't a tie have been something you wanted since it would have resulted in your top voting choice flipping?

30. ISO #980

I need to go back and read scumbot, but tbh i have been townreading him this game eventhough my main forcus was upping my scum hunting so naturally it makes me nit pick at everything so harder to townread.
    What's made you have scumbot as town this game?

31. ISO #981

For people who know me thinking why i'm acting this serious it's unironically the default goku avatar doing this for me. Look at this guy he's serious and ready for combat
    It's surprising how much it matters, people treat me like night and day when I switch between this avatar and the cutesy tortoise one.

(Acknowledging your ping, happy to chat about it with you later once I've done some ISOs I'm long overdue doing).

32. ISO #982

You know, the highest poster of this game so far, being responsible for 200-some posts, while Tutuu has talked about me a fair bit and has only around 30 less posts than Vittae.

I recognize though this is a very fast game at 24 hours, so I feel kinda cruel to expect anyone to have reads and comments on everything, but with the amount of posts I think it goes to show Vittae had fair opportunity to comment on me or make a read of me a few times since then (especially since I feel my impact on the thread in terms of being worthy of discussion) have only increased.
    For a variety of reasons, trying to compare my treatment of you to Tutuu's treatment of you (her being somebody who you claim knows you well enough that they should easily know your alignment) is obviously not valid and feels pretty disingenuous.

A more detailed dive into your ISO is actually the first thing I'm planning to do once I'm caught up anyway. I've obviously got thoughts on you but, to avoid an excessive amount of spam in a game where people are already struggling to follow, I'm not generally going to comment on every little thing I think about unless there's some question I want to ask or I think there's something that that's especially noteworthy and need pointing out. Otherwise, I'd posting at a much higher rate than this full of spam and that doesn't really help anyone.

If you want to hears my thoughts on somebody / someone specific, it's best just to ask.

33. ISO #983

34. ISO #984

I didn't put more effort than I should have yesterday because I was forced to work with the given nominations instead of my scumreads coming to that day scumbot/martin/tutuu.

I had Varcron and CRichard as town since I didn't expect us to flip MM before scumbot that day. Everything kinda threw me off and I got distracted by the shift in gamestate.

If I am suspected by @lol @scumbot5679 @tutuu , all I can ask is for you to come to me with questions instead of nominating me after you are chopped. If any of you happen to be town and nominate me then that is 1 nomination wasted and might cost us the game assuming we also make a mistake with rest of the nominations.

I was looking forward to chopping tutuu today, but I am willing to throw off all my reads and start over again for the sake of D3.

35. ISO #985

Think about it. Calling me out when tutuu is so confident is uncalled for, but i could see just being cocky and the response asking for ''spew'' makes sense. Posts from martin to day in regards to me or tutuu make 0 logical sense. It's so bad it's gotta be fabricated

I'm happy to bank the game on this, if i'm wrong too bad but at the very least consider this team:
    tutuu/richard/martin

@bakermir @ikarusdk @scumbot5679 @Vittae
    Are these your nominations for tomorrow?

What are your strongest reasons for suspecting these three people this game over Vittae/ikarus/scumbot?

36. ISO #986

I know this sounds like an extremely dumb question but please humour me as I promise it's relevant to something:

In a hypothetical world where you're a wolf and your partner is named "lol", would you expect yourself to be more conscious of using the word "lol" in it's normal context (removed from the name of the player) compared to if you were in a game with lol (the player) and not w/w (due to having the names of your wolf partners constantly in the back of your mind and being much more self aware of when you're saying their name even if intended with a different meaning and therefore not saying it without reason to and also just being more conscious of their existence as a player in general when trying to word things to avoid confusion)?

I think that I personally would be but I'm biased towards being very self conscious of my use of the word "lol" in general anyway so I'm not really sure if this is just a me thing or not.

37. ISO #987

If we happen to chop a town today, make sure you have me among your nominations.

I'm beginning to think having people shade me but unable to actually vote me (which allows people to seriously consider how likely a martin wolf is compared to anyone else being wolf) will make the wolves' job of hiding easier as they won't have to take a stance on the issue.

Spoiler : rest of martin's post that is less interesting :
    I'm going to be less busy this day phase - so there'll still be spots where I am inactive - but it's not going to be as good as it can be.

If you don't like me for the lack of activity I have for this game, just say it. Don't hide behind "You don't display any progress, you share your thoughts on future because you just go back to saying you will be busy" (i.e. things I did because of my limited time) and in the same post say that my activity is not the only thing to do with it.

That just makes your reasons look more solid (and numerous) than they actually are. Its fine to not like or suspect me for anything I am doing, or for the circumstances I am under. I get that. I get that I don't have as much reasoning put out because I am not here as much. But man does it feel misrepresentative and disregarding if you say your issue with me is something like "Martin is not displaying much progression" rather than something like "Martin is not here as much and so I'm having a harder time seeing him town" or something like that. Think of it as quite similar to (hypothetically) you wanting to vote out afk slot but not wanting to admit that voting them out clearly has to deal with them being afk.

I'm starting to get the same vibes (of wanting to chop due to lack of activity) from Tutuu now too since apparently their strongest explanation of my slot is now an association read based off a pre-flip rather than anything about me.

Separately, Re:

In case you haven't noticed, I invest myself as much as I reasonably can into games I play without ruining my life. Especially in games for this community, my homesite, Sc2Mafia, in which case sometimes I will adjust my life just for that. You see that I have FM mod status here in the time since you were gone? I got that because I was driving this community to run and host more games on a consistent schedule or timeline rather than having periods of unpredictability. Site admins Lumi and Marshmallow Marshall reached out to me because of that. I feel responsible for my activity and investment in this community, and that very much extends to how I hold myself with respect to my activity and involvement in the game. I even so much as instantly signed up for this game without reading the setup in whole and without realizing it has 24 hour phases. Many of the games hosted here since my first game are games I've played in.

As a result, yes I do look at the game from time to time while I'm busy or not here. It happens almost every game I'm in, and its just less apparent in the games I have more time for because, usually, at those points I can afford to post and real-time with others. Posting implies actually being there and ready to engage with others. These recent days I've not been able to afford doing that. If I do, I just get my IRL life in trouble as the more time I spend on a short break reading the game, the more likely it is I will be spending too much time on the game for my own good.

My plan for D3 (and any future day for that matter) is to do what I can when I have the time. I don't have a master-plan specifying exactly when I'll be completely not-busy. An example reason why that is, is me taking out the time to write this post.

Anyways

In the meantime since I was last here, I realized my situation (and in particular being compared to one of my champs mafia games by someone else) was quite similar to a game I had a few months ago. Also as town. Also freaking out the same way when people were laying complaints against me for reasons related to my lack of time spent on the game. Though I should note that game I subbed into, and also that game was meant to be a light game (it was not "light" by any standard especially with Achromatic there lmao), so some of the reasons against my slot that game were for the person I replaced there rather than because of me.

I don't care if you think me self-meta'ing here is worse. I'll earn the right to stick my tongue at you if this gets disregarded and I get mischopped in the future (and as I say that, I also said the same thing there...Am I copying myself???).

Nice post Martin! I agree that your precious time should be focused on others. I do not want to get in your way... without further ado, I will also post my perspective and move on.

I suspect Martin for my own personal reasons, but I also have personal tells about him that I can townread him for. While me and Martins interactions might look chaotic and unusual, we are no stranger to this kind of volume, so please do not judge Martin purely on our expressed emotions this game, instead try to read his other tells as to why he might be mafia, for example him voting lol in cold blood yesterday instead of others.

Spoiler : Martin x Baker lore :

I have no reason to change my meta of him. He is someone I would look into later stages of the game, and that is because the first lesson I learned about Martin was to avoid focusing him for the majority of the game. I enjoy prodding him, and I appreciate that he always treats me like some FM pleb. Following this, I have long learned that it is better for my sanity to trustfall with Martin until the later stages of the game.

I also need to clarify that it has been a while since me and Martin played together, so his memory about me might be fuzzy, since I had a long break. I remember my games from 2-3 years ago quite well, as I played with Martin for months on and off-site, starting with my very first FM game. I believe our first games were the same, unless he had games on Syndicate prior to that (not entirely sure about this). So, when I say I can read Martin better than most, it is because he is like a brother I grew up with.

Martin and I tend to engage in what I like to call a shadow play (it reminds me of the puppet/shadow plays in a theatrical setting of previous centuries) and I have always enjoyed being a part of it. It helps me get a better read on a highly respected, formidable player whom everyone fears (you can refer to the Path of Radiance game Martin linked to see how people viewed Martin) and this also provides information about other players.

Back to the nature of this post, it is something I would enjoy responding to in a different manner if we were in a different setup. So, I will just leave it here. Oh and fuck.. this always makes me laugh, in our first FM game where he made a thousand something word wall post - longer than anyone I have seen in my FM career. These posts are some certified Martin classics.

Our shadow play has become natural over time because I recall the games after our first game(which was a disaster), where we learned to play with each other and solve/win games together. Martin is a good sport and can be very intelligent with how they play the game and interact with people. I know he does AtE at times (most of you might find this strange coming from Martin and get sus) and I know for a fact mafia Martin can bus his partners without remorse, I can promise you all on that!!!

I don't know if lol will flip town or mafia. Hoping for mafia tho /pray

38. ISO #988

I know this sounds like an extremely dumb question but please humour me as I promise it's relevant to something:

In a hypothetical world where you're a wolf and your partner is named "lol", would you expect yourself to be more conscious of using the word "lol" in it's normal context (removed from the name of the player) compared to if you were in a game with lol (the player) and not w/w (due to having the names of your wolf partners constantly in the back of your mind and being much more self aware of when you're saying their name even if intended with a different meaning and therefore not saying it without reason to and also just being more conscious of their existence as a player in general when trying to word things to avoid confusion)?

I think that I personally would be but I'm biased towards being very self conscious of my use of the word "lol" in general anyway so I'm not really sure if this is just a me thing or not.
    Interesting question. I would like to know this aswell!

39. ISO #989

Truth be told, I don't often see meta read entrances unless you're either me or (much more likely) its a game bustling with activity early on where such reads can be easier to make. So I'm inclined to read it as a wolf entrance.

Especially when it reads as if he posted it upon reading someone else comment about Baker:
    Could you explain to me in some more detail how you arrived at scumbot's entrance being wolfy from this logic?

What makes having an unusual entrance in the way scumbot did specifically wolfy to you instead of just NAI?

40. ISO #990

When I said "not taking stances" and "being in the background", I was not referring to a lack of reads but rather stuff like this from Ikarus and Vittae:

Very loose shade here that isn't really stressed or really developed by Ikarus.

Ikarus initiates a conversation about reads in general but then turns it to me and pointedly asks about casing me. Ikarus doesn't seem willing to share his full reasons here.

Vittae doesn't really discuss me but asks about this difference check, which Richard doesn't follow up on later and neither does Vittae.

Furthermore, Vittae has not mentioned me recently after that, and even before that the only mention of non-substance in relation to something Richard was talking about in p#547.

In fact, the last time Vittae has meaningfully talked about me in a way that seems to somewhat resemble a read is here:

In post #126.

Separate of my issues w/ Ikarus and Vittae: Nobody has really engaged with my interaction with baker earlier except like Tutuu and Varcron. Which rings to me like people really wanting to avoid the issue of me till later or something. Especially since, as some people have noted, it was unusual behavior of me.
    well. fwiw, i have very little reasons to sus you in this game, and the reason im not going into detail is because i am uncertain about what I do think about your slot. Your demeaner at times in this game seems different, that's why my eyebrows raise a bit, but as baker later explained, this is probably because I am not used to it since you have shown yourself as calm individual in town games we've had together.

The reason why I put your name alongside tutuu, is because at that point in time I did suspect it had to be tutuu plus one more person and I nominated you in that position from the voting pattern (although i do realise w/w team wouldn't blatantly stack votes together). Anyway 1. Im confused by the whole lol v richard thing, 2. im less reserved about tutuu, as tutuu later shown himself to be much more towny than before day 3, despite that fact i don't know where sudden confidence and conviction came from, and 3. if i am to believe that tutuu is town, that makes me think you are less of a town by association with tutuu alone. 4. but this doesn't make me any more certain about you being scum because i can believe this quoted post came from T!Martin.

TLDR - I am one confused person and don't know where I should be looking at. Perhaps lol was right and i shouldn't have tried to overthink because i think i made myself confused trying to figure out the pairings and anti pairings.

41. ISO #991

this means if i were to veer away from tutuu, i should be looking at scumbot or lol.

I had townread scumbot early game and did not agree with any scumreads from everyone else (well most people scumread scumbot on day 1). Then the bit with scumbot and vittaee happened, which I didn't really enjoy. I don't believe it was a scum theatre there, i felt it was more t/t or at worst, t/w.

If I vote scumbot here, this means I am sheeping people.

lol, I had initially viewed scum because of the quoted posts I had posted earlier, https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...081#post992081, but he's been showing pretty consistent character in the face of possible lynch, and I don't know if a scum would show that. It is definitely possible lol is simply too experienced not to lose his goal at leading votes off of him. I thought his vote on varcron was suspicious then I realised he pretty much had to do it for self res in order to live. I still do think lol flipping yesterday was a better choice than varcron because had he flipped green, i was going to zero in onto Richard day 3 and subsequently tutuu but this didn't happen.

Between tutuu and lol, i do think they both have shown town quality/motives today.

If I vote lol, this means I am just yoloing.

42. ISO #992

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    Interesting question. I would like to know this aswell!
    Got any thoughts on it yourself?

I thought on it some more + looked at the initial posts from Martin that I was basing this question on and I don't think it's really as strong as I hoped as a potential disassociative between him and lol instead of more of a specific to me / the way I personally think thing nor do I think Martin used the word "lol" enough to really get to that conclusion with confidence even if that wasn't true.

I'd still be interested in hearing what you have to say on it though if you have anything to add.

43. ISO #993

-vote tutuu

I must sleep and ill leave my vote.

The more I think about it, the more I want to vote Richard. And by that association, I should be voting tutuu here. And i think there is at leat 1 busser in whoever wanted to vote tutuu yesterday when baker tried to compile the list.

im not all that comfortable voting scumbot or lol still.

44. ISO #994

45. ISO #995

46. ISO #996

47. ISO #997

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    I didn't put more effort than I should have yesterday because I was forced to work with the given nominations instead of my scumreads coming to that day scumbot/martin/tutuu.

I had Varcron and CRichard as town since I didn't expect us to flip MM before scumbot that day. Everything kinda threw me off and I got distracted by the shift in gamestate.

If I am suspected by @lol @scumbot5679 @tutuu , all I can ask is for you to come to me with questions instead of nominating me after you are chopped. If any of you happen to be town and nominate me then that is 1 nomination wasted and might cost us the game assuming we also make a mistake with rest of the nominations.

I was looking forward to chopping tutuu today, but I am willing to throw off all my reads and start over again for the sake of D3.
    Im not nomming u

Also im town can u like magically soulread me or smth pls

48. ISO #998

49. ISO #999

lol

50. ISO #1000