3. ISO #1653

4. ISO #1654

5. ISO #1655

6. ISO #1656

Re: S-FM 353: Death Nominations

Well... What a stomp that was.

Mafia just steamrolled you all.

Spoiler : :

Congratulations goes to Tutuu, scumbot5679, and Vittae for winning!

I will open the mafia chat for anyone who is interested in reading in 30 min or so from now for whoever is curious.
    Last edited by powerofdeath; September 20th, 2023 at 02:07 PM.

7. ISO #1657

8. ISO #1658

9. ISO #1659

10. ISO #1660

11. ISO #1661

12. ISO #1662

13. ISO #1663

14. ISO #1664

15. ISO #1665

16. ISO #1666

17. ISO #1667

18. ISO #1668

19. ISO #1669

20. ISO #1670

21. ISO #1671

22. ISO #1672

23. ISO #1673

24. ISO #1674

25. ISO #1675

26. ISO #1676

27. ISO #1677

28. ISO #1678

29. ISO #1679

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    you were right. this setup is so fuckin mafia sided. this is just a scuffed mountainous where town can't even get a maj on any slot at any time
    well

after the change i dont think its necessarily more mafia sided than mountainous. i think theres variance

in 12v3 u need 5 mischops to win as mafia

here u need 4 if no mafia die. 5 if one mafia dies. 6 if two mafia die. so there's a variance of +1 / 0 / -1 chops town can afford

i think the most wolfsided thing about the setup is 24 hour days

things weren't great from wolves pov too. we have no NK. no tools to kill towny players. especially in f3 - i think town almost always wins, if they make it to f3. game just needs 2 strong town players who find each other as town

another rly sucky thing for wolves is if we reach lylo - normally good for us - if town chops a wolf, we lose the lylo asset. town can afford a mischop. this was gonna be brutal

if i was chopped at any stage u guys probably could have won

overall i think this game was more so a test of endurance / how towny you can be, rather than the normal interactions of mafia gameplay

i dont think that this setup is more fun than mountainious, but thats okay, as its hard to make a more fun setup than that, thats the purest mafia setup there is

but i do like a lot of ideas of it. day phases have been communicated that its better to have been 48 hours, but i'd also suggest some sort of fix to the problem of wolves not having tools to deal with strong town players. altho i dont know how to do that without butchering the entire setup

perhaps its fine as it is - just a setup that just tests how towny u can be

i think that wiml / vittae was going to win this game pre-rand. like his alignment that he was gonna rand - that alignment was gonna win regardless of what it is. if he performed this way as wolf, imagine him as town, chopping a wolf, and wolves having 0 tools to stop him from solving the entire game

i think this setup just needed more active playerlist. it requires a lot of dedication and teamwork. i feel similarly like this to litten's terrible game - i like the setup in theory, but i ended up having to town with slankers who didn't care, the wolves top posted, i played my hearts out and i lost. and i lost that game at rand too

30. ISO #1680

some of the incredible things wiml did:

1) went out of his way to save me and scumbot d1 despite trying to bus him before that

2) demanded that richard and martin crossvote d4 and announced he's voting last for no reason, the balls of that guy

3) bullied richard to not vote me by threatening him with his vote

4) advised me that we should hold off voting for as long as possible to keep the threat of bullying martin and richard with votes to keep them in their place

5) posted twice more than the top posting town

im sorry that u town guys didnt have fun but wiml played a godlike game and absolutely deserved the W
    Last edited by tutuu; September 20th, 2023 at 02:36 PM.

31. ISO #1681

oh and final feedback i forgot - locked votes at lylo please! always! not having locked votes at lylo makes it so the outcome of the game is often determined by availability / time zones / irl obligations. locked votes at lylo ensures the game is resolved in the context of mafia gameplay
    Last edited by tutuu; September 20th, 2023 at 02:32 PM.

32. ISO #1682

Quote Originally Posted by tutuu View Post
    some of the incredible things wiml did:

1) went out of his way to save me and scumbot d1 despite trying to bus him before that

2) demanded that richard and martin crossvote d4 and announced he's voting last for no reason, the balls of that guy

3) bullied richard to not vote me by threatening him with his vote

4) advised me that we should hold off voting for as long as possible to keep the threat of bullying martin and richard with votes to keep them in their place

5) posted twice more than the top posting town

im sorry that u town guys didnt have fun but wiml played a godlike game and absolutely deserved the W
    That's very sweet of you to say and made my day, you were a great partner and I'm glad I got to wolf with you!!!

33. ISO #1683

34. ISO #1684

35. ISO #1685

36. ISO #1686

Quote Originally Posted by Vittae View Post
    There were points in the game where 30+ posts in a row were made by wolves and wolves had posted more than 50% of the total posts in the thread.
    yeah that was great

town already had little time so we just started clogging the thread with posts to waste time. not the most ... elegant fighting style, but a wolfs gotta do what a wolfs gotta do :joycat:

37. ISO #1687

38. ISO #1688

39. ISO #1689

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Yeah I don't think we should be running 24 hour games in the future

Otherwise this just happens
    this lol, I'm pretty sure this is consensual

Also I already said it in the discord, but sorry for being trash XD. I literally came in 20 minutes after I was lynched, thinking I would finally be able to participate after having had lots of trouble finding actual time to dedicate to the game. RIP.

Also also scum still deserved that win even barring town mistakes so not too bad
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

40. ISO #1690

One of the things I wanted to address in my post-game thoughts is this

Quote Originally Posted by CRichardForumLies View Post
    I'd like to say you guys have a serious activity problem if this game is any indication.
    As much as I am a fan of the idea that whatever is written down is something you've obliged yourself to, numerous experiences I've had as host across different communities have consistently taught me that rarely does anyone read the setup in full. It may seem reasonable to expect everyone to know that this game had 24 hour day phases because, frankly, it was written down. However, from a pragmatic standpoint if people still miss the fine print then any expectation of reasonableness or disliking of people who don't read the setup will not meaningfully change anything.

Generally, if I were a host of this setup, I would've made this abnormality clearer. Like make it appear as one of the first things that people read in the signup post. Heck, if I were concerned enough about it, I would've made sure people actively acknowledge that fact. Now I'm not going to blame PoD for not having done that (especially since I think both staff and the host collectively had an oversight in reviewing this setup, which is a different issue), but in terms of pragmatics I think it makes sense.

Aside from that

Playing with 24 hours is preety rough as it generally feels the constraints / challenges are related to time rather than skill. That isn't to say the wolves had not played well, they did, but towards the end I especially felt that my own life constraints determined how I performed, and if I wasn't performing the fullest, then it gets harder to feel that the other team was really tested. At least, that's my personal experience and perspective of it.

I'm used to a whole day/night cycle happening over 72 hours with clear signs as to when there'll be chances for breaks and/or life, not a cycle with undetermined range of 24-48 (-60* if replacement AND maximum time usage by nomination process). In a way, we were playing a mafia game close to 3x faster timescale especially since multiple people didn't really drag the nomination process out. Add on to the fact that we somehow managed to make 1.6k posts during that time (avg. 14.3 posts per day phase hour -- roughly 30% higher rate than a recent game which had 1595 posts and night phases to process/take-a-break), and the amount of investment this game needed for me became close to absurd and something I honestly only saw myself sustaining during a vacation or 3 years ago where I had plenty of time.

Since the game must pause for the nomination before it continues, I would consider probably adding either standard 12 or 24 hour night phases. Personally I largely prefer 24 hour night phases, but I don't really have any objective reason to say you must do 24 hours.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

41. ISO #1691

RE: martin:

I don't think this was entirely an issue of "not having read the setup". We knew the setup was 24h and signed for it anyway (I had only forgot it when the game started, but certainly not when I signed lol). It was more of an issue of not having experienced that phase length before, at least in my case. I also don't think it's fair at all to say the site has an activity problem in general (@ Richard), considering this.

Much like Martin said, I don't see myself playing 24h, simply because the commitment required is insane if you wish to have an active game. It simply does not match with having a life (and maintaining healthy contact with other commitments), and I'm honestly curious to know if anyone can do that without sacrificing "real life" aspects, or to speak more accurately, any aspects unrelated to the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :