S-FM 353: Death Nominations - Page 6
Register

User Tag List

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #251

Re: S-FM 353: Death Nominations

I'll tie I guess.

If it goes on for awhile though I may break the tie. Especially if everything feels stale and not really progressing.

scumbot5679 (3):
    bakermir, MartinGG99, Vittae
    bakermir (1):
    Varcron
    lol (1):
    scumbot5679
    tutuu (1):
    lol
    The Scarlet Letters (1):
    tutuu

-vote The Scarlet Letters

now it'll be ====>

scumbot5679 (2):
    bakermir, Vittae
    bakermir (1):
    Varcron
    lol (1):
    scumbot5679
    tutuu (1):
    lol
    The Scarlet Letters (2):
    tutuu, MartinGG99
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

2. ISO #252

3. ISO #253

4. ISO #254

5. ISO #255

6. ISO #256

Assuming we flip Scumbot and they're town:

Varcron should almost always be nommed.

Then two in the hydra/MM/ikarus based on whoever has the least inspiring entrance once all of them are caught up.

The only other player that should be considered is lol, who I'd put up for a nom only if multiple players listed above post themselves into being likely town during my absence.

7. ISO #257

I passed my flight test. YAY me. That was a 18 ordeal for a 3 hour flight test. I'm super tired.

I'm just doing catch up now. I thought about just sleeping in and let things happen but I decided it is unfair on everyone to just simply be afk in a day 24 hour without night set up so I'll at least post some stuff before I fall into a coma state again. Please bear with me because I jut woke up and analysing non-PR game isn't my strong suit.

Some of what I had thought were just RVS vote yesterday are still here, and we got a couple of votes for scumbot and scarlet.

Could anyone give me a TLDR for the scumbot and scarlet while I formulate my own thought?

I apologise for not being here for 90% of the day. I'll be here till EoD though and vote if necessary.

8. ISO #258

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    I will be here another 30 minutes or so. I would also like to keep my vote on Scumbot, but I can change it if needed.

I would give Varcron another chance while I have less tolerance for hydras. I agree on the 3 too.
    @bakermir @tutu

could you give me reasons why you guys are side eyeing on the hydra atm?

9. ISO #259

10. ISO #260

Quote Originally Posted by Vittae View Post
    Fwiw, I generally don't expect people to have me as a strong town read. It frequently happens and I go out if my way to try to make my alignment very obvious as town since that's +ev to do but ultimately it's not something I tend to try to rely on and I encourage the strategy I brought up regardless of if I'm in your townread pile or not.

To explain the list thing: in champs, as mafia, I kept a list of people I considered to be viable misvotes and kept updating it so that I could ensure that we were keeping ourselves on track for a win. Definitely not a list of townreada unless you're thinking of me talking about having readlists on my notepad documents or something.
    Although it's easy for me to town cop read you so far based on your post history as well as that one game we had together a while back, I'm going to assume you have the capability to power wolf hard xD

Having said this though, you mentioning about Varcron being a much better pick than 0 posters give me a good vibe because I was going to suspect those that behaved nonchalant about voting zero activity player (not just because i was away) instead of whoever they find the least towny thus far.

11. ISO #261

12. ISO #262

Quote Originally Posted by The Scarlet Letters View Post
    Sorry we’re late, don’t know what’s going on so if you’re voting us chill for a second so we can catch up.

~Italiano
    Its mostly for tie reasons.

On that note, I can move it to someone else to tie them with scumbot instead, but I'm not interested in risking Tutuu, Bakermir, or lol for that.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

13. ISO #263

Assuming we flip Scumbot and they're town:

Varcron should almost always be nommed.

Then two in the hydra/MM/ikarus based on whoever has the least inspiring entrance once all of them are caught up.

The only other player that should be considered is lol, who I'd put up for a nom only if multiple players listed above post themselves into being likely town during my absence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    I like trains

Heading out soon but once I get home I'll be present
    -vote bakermir

how have you been you been?????? been awhile

You mentioned that Varcron continues to be wolfy.

He's posted twice. I'm inclined to disregard the first post since that's really nothing, and I'm reading the second post as RVS (that was post 34).

What differentiates him away from me or MM for example? Both varcron and I opened with non-game related stuff, then disappeared. Varcron has yet to reappear but I don't think his posts are wolfy as you said, and warrants him taking a priority over someone like me based on activity level.

As I was reading your posts I thought Varcron had posted several posts, but this is not what happened.

14. ISO #264

15. ISO #265

Quote Originally Posted by ikarusdk View Post
    This is not going to break the game if you are wanting to extend it by tying votes.

-vote tutuu

I'll hold onto my thoughts behind it until people question me about it.
    guess your thoughts are never being shared then
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

16. ISO #266

17. ISO #267

18. ISO #268

19. ISO #269

@Marshmallow Marshall

You have a lot to catch up. Please trust me and don't hammer. We are saving the game.
    Yeah, I'm actually not voting, considering it seems we're extending D1, which is infinitely useful in a game with 24h days. Don't want that to break in any way. "Saving the game" might be a little over the top, but I'm starting to believe 24h phases don't really fit with my posting style at all; didn't know it would be that bad, and that's a bit on me

ISOing you because you seem to be the main driving force here

Economics :joy_nerd:
    Lol nice, good luck with that

I was calculating out loud. I also have a tendency to break the player list into segments and figure out where to pay attention, analyzing potential pathways the setup has. Similar to what I do with postcount groupings on FoL, and it has been 100% successful so far, BUT! I am not yet proficient at fully utilizing it to my advantage
    I mean, that's basically calculating what will happen when you will roll a 6 on your dice before rolling your dice.

I have caught the Nya pox.

It's so over.

I haven't played a game in which tutuu was Mafia, but she once mentioned how she snowed JaggedJimmyJay, which should serve as a good heads up for the rest of us. Now that I've planted the seeds of paranoia, I must admit tutuu hasn't done anything that would ping me yet. This particular post is more likely to come from town tutuu that I know. She is demonstrating good reasoning and progress in terms of how my icebreaker and rvs posts could be read. Another note on tutuu, she has always managed to make at least one post where she soulreads something about me and this time it might be this.

Her interactions with others match her town spirit i.e. questioning Martin's thoughts on being chopped and pointed out how polarized I am. While this alone may not be a strong indicator of their alignment, it is one of the metrics I will keep an eye on.
    Well, it can already be established that Tutuu and Baker are very probably not scum together (this is just not theatrical at all, and sounds more like either town finding town, or scum Baker trying to get on the good side of town Tutuu). Beyond that, the general enthusiasm from Baker, which has already been highlighted (mostly by Tutuu, as far as I could see), seems not to be just related to funny posts, memes and one-liners, but to also apply to solviness: this part about Tutuu just... feels happy? As in, it feels like Baker is glad to think about alignments, which is a feeling I can 100 % relate to lol.

I guess I could be wrong and my read is mostly based on soft/subjective tonal aspects, but I kinda want to give Baker a pass here. Considering the game mechanics, that would basically involve never putting him in the elimination pool. It's still early, but I'd like thoughts on that if possible (in the hope that I actually have time to interact lol).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

20. ISO #270

In short,

I don't follow your reasons for wanting to vote Scarlet (hydra) or Varcron. Also if you are voting scumbot knowing that it's because of lacking meta read, that is a bad reason to be voting someone out for imo. If there is another reason I might be missing, please do educate me on it.

But I'm not convinced in any of those slots yet.

21. ISO #271

Well, I'm trying to form it into something more solid, but also want to hear answers to my questions from people before I start a case, because i realise i can be wrong based on their answers.

Anyway
    I might be missing why

But why Scarlet, why varcron? Why scumbot?
    scumbot I've talked about

others are just ones I've not really had any reasons to tr
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

22. ISO #272

23. ISO #273

@bakermir @tutu

could you give me reasons why you guys are side eyeing on the hydra atm?
    Quote Originally Posted by tutuu View Post
    Oh

I love breaking games that hosts have carefully spent time designing. Thats the fun of it. Can we do it pls pls pls. We can be the longest game of mafia in history. 1 year dayphase if everyone agrees. Im down. Later on my children will sub in for me and carry on my legacy

I agree with putting the hydras life at risk out of policy since playing with hydras is rly difficult

I agree with everything else. Or like im fine with killing those ppl. They arent playing the game. We cant win if ppl arent playing the game lol

Ill vote the hydra one sec
    --

24. ISO #274

25. ISO #275

can we get 3/3 wagons?

if either of those is a wolf they're chopping my ass. which i suppose isn't the worst, 1 for 1? except 1 for 2 potentially as they can elect a town to get chopped. but oh well ig it could work

what am i being voted for?

lol represented some policy reasons to vote me saying im not self resolving whatever that means

ikarus isnt sharing his reasons and maybe scumreads me because he thinks i scumread a few ppl that he disagrees on that but im not even scumreading them and im not sure if he parsed that since he asked me why im scumreading them

neither of those are sensible reasons to vote me imo

i dont think ur both mafia but if i get hammered when we try to tie pls look into them after u kill the outed wolf, i find this egregious

if u get so paranoid of the top posters good luck winning the game with the slankers later :shrug:

26. ISO #276

27. ISO #277

28. ISO #278

29. ISO #279

30. ISO #280

31. ISO #281

32. ISO #282

if i get quickhammered by the hydra or scumbot and they're outed, my legacy is:

baker
    vittae
    martin
    ikarus

rest

probably look into lol, hydra/scumbot, varcron (thats what other ppl saw)

---

if i dont get quickhamemred thats chill, i will be able to talk

--

if a person outside of the tie quickhammers me then just lol. no comment

33. ISO #283

What are you having for tonight Varcron?

I have been having a lot of Jaegers lately
    Honestly? Didn't have anything but just had some stuff to do around y'know
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

34. ISO #284

baker
    vittae
    martin
    ikarus

rest

---

--

I forgot this game existed today so don't mind me scrambling
    -vote unvote
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

35. ISO #285

As much as I'm complaining about activity levels, I'm a much bigger advocate for putting your offline life and health above all else.

Obviously there's not a lot of people around to say for sure but I'm doubtful that you're in any real danger of going over today and I'd personally advocate against you flipping regardless as I think your posting has been fine and you seem much more likely to self resolve in time (when you feel better) compared to most of the other slots that have barely posted.
    Yeah the activity is kind of my fault, sorry about that. By the VERY brief amounts of reading I have done I personally don't really have any solid conclusions on anyone, alot of this stuff just seems NIL to me

36. ISO #286

Not me. Though honestly I am kind of surprised that MM isn't posting more? Likely has IRL stuff but when I've seen him he is usually a lot more active than this.

37. ISO #287

I forgot this game existed today so don't mind me scrambling
    -vote unvote
    day normally ends in 45 mins

could i ask u to heroically and miracilously find me as town real quick, and if u do, help me tie the votes between scumbot and the hydra?

scumbot is consensus scumread and reasonably likely to flip mafia. we tied him with anyone just to cheat and extend the day. but then ikarus also put me into the tie and im not towncore apparently but consensus townread. scumbot might out to chop me, and after we kill him he can nom 3 town too. i feel like its kinda not worth

so if u could do that, u could vote for scumbot or the hydra and i can vote the other one. thats what the tie was supposed to be. if any of them was a wolf who was willing to out, they had to out by chopping a scumread player. not me whos a townread slot

38. ISO #288

I'm also very weary of ikarus because I now have a history of misreading his scum game as town, so if I start townreading him there's a decent that he'll actually be scum just based off of prior experience.

39. ISO #289

40. ISO #290

day normally ends in 45 mins

could i ask u to heroically and miracilously find me as town real quick, and if u do, help me tie the votes between scumbot and the hydra?

scumbot is consensus scumread and reasonably likely to flip mafia. we tied him with anyone just to cheat and extend the day. but then ikarus also put me into the tie and im not towncore apparently but consensus townread. scumbot might out to chop me, and after we kill him he can nom 3 town too. i feel like its kinda not worth

so if u could do that, u could vote for scumbot or the hydra and i can vote the other one. thats what the tie was supposed to be. if any of them was a wolf who was willing to out, they had to out by chopping a scumread player. not me whos a townread slot
    So let me get this straight RQ

I vote scumbot, then you vote the other one? Lemme real quick take a look at the setup

41. ISO #291

wait i forgot im already voting for the tie lmao

oh well. whatever happens happens lol
    Yeah that's why I was a bit confused lol

42. ISO #292

43. ISO #293

i'd need 2 people to help with the tie

ill just try to go back to bed. gl gl
    Yup

If someone else comes I'll help with the tie; juggling hwrk from school at the same time so I may or may not catch it

44. ISO #294

baker
    vittae
    martin
    ikarus

rest

---

--

I'll explain further why I voted you once vittae posts (because it was two part reasoning), but one thing I want to ask to other players who played with you in the past.... is that I notice a lot of subtle manipulative comments in tutuu's posts.

Your 'reasons' for strongly suggesting others to vote out scarlet and scumbot really goes against what I'd assume a town would play. It is literally no better than voting Varcron or lol for not being here. Voting someone on day 1 based on activity alone is bad, but you wanna vote scarlet because playing with hydra is difficult...

Eeven though you realise that your reasons for scarlet and scumbot are not because they did something wolfy, you sound very confident that they are indeed wolves, which to me is starting to smell a little like TMI. I had thought about the possibility of you playing around, given the chill and playful nature of your posts, but at this point in time I think it's unlikely because you doubled down on suggesting that if you are voted out, we should still look into scarlet/scumbot (why not separate those two) AND varcron, while leaving your legacy on 4 other players.

45. ISO #295

46. ISO #296

I'm also very weary of ikarus because I now have a history of misreading his scum game as town, so if I start townreading him there's a decent that he'll actually be scum just based off of prior experience.
    It'd help if you read out loud my posts and pretend as a complete noob, because I am xD

47. ISO #297

I'll explain further why I voted you once vittae posts (because it was two part reasoning), but one thing I want to ask to other players who played with you in the past.... is that I notice a lot of subtle manipulative comments in tutuu's posts.

Your 'reasons' for strongly suggesting others to vote out scarlet and scumbot really goes against what I'd assume a town would play. It is literally no better than voting Varcron or lol for not being here. Voting someone on day 1 based on activity alone is bad, but you wanna vote scarlet because playing with hydra is difficult...

Eeven though you realise that your reasons for scarlet and scumbot are not because they did something wolfy, you sound very confident that they are indeed wolves, which to me is starting to smell a little like TMI. I had thought about the possibility of you playing around, given the chill and playful nature of your posts, but at this point in time I think it's unlikely because you doubled down on suggesting that if you are voted out, we should still look into scarlet/scumbot (why not separate those two) AND varcron, while leaving your legacy on 4 other players.
    im sheeping my townreads' scumread on scumbot and then im trying to help make a tie to make an infinite day dude

i didnt say im confident they're wolves. i said if they quickhammer me - that is break the tie as soon as day ends to prevent us from having the infinite day - that is outing ergo if anyone does that they're an outed wolf

48. ISO #298

EBWOP - I note that tutuu didn't separate sscarlet/scumbot because what they are saying is if one votes out tutuu, the other should be looked at (my bad)

I realise that it could be written by T!Tutuu in a hypothetical situation where they could quick hammer you because doing so is outing them, but this is where I don't understand your stance and is a bit manipulative.

1. you've bee pushing hard for scarlet/scumbot but you don't really have convincing reasons to do so
    2. with 3 people not having voted, you are unnecessarily paranoid about being quick hammered
    3. then you go on to suggest that whoever of those two quick hammers you is outing themselves as wolves. - but is that really the case? Is hammering someone to end the day in a tie alignment indicative if you do indeed flip town?
    4. The whole thing screams, it's either scarlet or scumbot, if not both. So in case where I am voted out, vote the player that hammered me, but also scumread the other one.

49. ISO #299

Voting someone on day 1 based on activity alone is bad, but you wanna vote scarlet because playing with hydra is difficult...
    i dont think it is

do u have a better idea? and i dont mean killing them i mean candidates for tie

in my last game we had a triple chop day 1, i was part of it, i advocated for the other two slots to be slankers because we needed to sort them one way or the other. there's no power roles. and we did eventually had to spend 2 extra days chopping them after our triple chop got sabotaged. (i was town)

50. ISO #300