The Scarlet Letters (2):
    MartinGG99, tutuu
    Marshmallow Marshall (1):
    scumbot5679
    tutuu (2):
    lol, ikarusdk

[not including Richard's vote, as they didn't type full username of MM]

I don't like this vote count anymore.

I think we should be striving for a chop that isn't scumbot nor tutuu. Scumbot I think should have time to develop and voting tutuu is just bad at this stage I think.

I'm also unsure of voting Richard.

-unvote

Will try to figure out one before I head to sleep later. Or maybe just go with the chaos if I still remain unsure. If a town gets chopped they'll have nomination control and if a mafia does they'll have nomination control.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

2. ISO #352

3. ISO #353

4. ISO #354

5. ISO #355

6. ISO #356

7. ISO #357

8. ISO #358

9. ISO #359

Re: S-FM 353: Death Nominations

try to avoid editing

especially if its to change the original message

most people can't see it but site mods can, and you had "~~" before and after the text

I also dislike having to say this as a player in the game, but in the case of edits the information should be shared asap imo and not have to wait on the host to make it official.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

10. ISO #360

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    try to avoid editing

especially if its to change the original message

most people can't see it but site mods can, and you had "~~" before and after the text

I also dislike having to say this as a player in the game, but in the case of edits the information should be shared asap imo and not have to wait on the host to make it official.
    I was trying to do a strikethrough to indicate a joke, yet it didn't take it.

11. ISO #361

12. ISO #362

Quote Originally Posted by CRichardForumLies View Post
    I was trying to do a strikethrough to indicate a joke, yet it didn't take it.
    Yeah I get it, its probably harmless if I had to say personally.

But since it was done and submitted it should stay there and not be edited out because most people can't see edit changes, and it would be unfair if mods did see it (or even potentially allow mods to have perceived unfair advantages if the edit was never clarified)

you can use [s][/s] to do that (it doesn't work right here because I used special code to show the code without it going invisible)
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

13. ISO #363

14. ISO #364

15. ISO #365

16. ISO #366

Quote Originally Posted by tutuu View Post
    Martin what do u think about mm
    MM is someone I may guiltily kick out if I don't have any alternatives in my mind later.

His decision to ISO baker and townread you seem reasonable for someone in his circumstances. 24 hour phases are probably not very good for MM knowing what I know of them historically lol. Especialyl since they too didn't realize it was a 24/0 game.

But because the 24 hour phases may be quite bad for him, then in a sense if we're going to lose anybody it may be him. He might also offer some nominations to shake things up considering he hasn't scumread people yet.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

17. ISO #367

18. ISO #368

19. ISO #369

20. ISO #370

If i get chopped i can listen to consensus on who u want nominated (if i townread u)

Currently id nom like ... mm richard ikarus?

Ikarus coz i think scumbot is town now. So there might be 1 wolf between ikarus and richard (not both)
    I forgot about lol

Screw that guy too

"Myeh myeh myeh but tyuutyuuu u cant just omgus people myeh myeh myeh" shut ur bitch ass mouth i do what i want

21. ISO #371

I forgot about lol

Screw that guy too

"Myeh myeh myeh but tyuutyuuu u cant just omgus people myeh myeh myeh" shut ur bitch ass mouth i do what i want
    Extraoridnarily town post holy shit what a TOWNY POST insane im gonna faint from the pure UNFILTERED TOWN ENERGY @ikarusdk u mad bro? U mad? Mad? Mad? Mad????

22. ISO #372

23. ISO #373

towny for tutuu, but towny in general

I vibe with the self-reflective omgus statement lmao. Not that I specifically agree with it, but I've had that sort of thought pop up more often in my town games than my mafia games. I don't know about other people, as I never really noticed or tracked it, but for me its true and I'm taking it.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

24. ISO #374

Quote Originally Posted by scumbot5679 View Post
    tutu your town but you need to stop attacking other town (ika)
    If you could share your thoughts on ikarus, that would be great.

I'm more reserved on the guy since a certain scum-game, but I get worried if that blinds me from seeing him looking very towny at times.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

25. ISO #375

This a flat earth level of tinfoil but what if richard and mm are both mafia and richard purposefully messed up his vote so it doesnt count
    That sounds really bad for mafia. Bussing straight up is much better since there's no night kill

26. ISO #376

If i get chopped i can listen to consensus on who u want nominated (if i townread u)

Currently id nom like ... mm richard ikarus?

Ikarus coz i think scumbot is town now. So there might be 1 wolf between ikarus and richard (not both)
    that set of nominations probably would be preety good if you got somehow chopped

but if you goy chopped you probably include the person who gets you chopped so idk
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

27. ISO #377

Quote Originally Posted by Vittae View Post
    Just to clarify before I answer further: you're aware that I'm Wiml, right?
    No, nor do i know what your play is if you are Wiml. I know of you
    How is anyone self resolving without mafia nk in the first place?

And why me in particular? U dont think i can chop a wolf?
    By being in town meta or just obvious townie. If someone isn't posting it's harder to be town
    I said why you're wolfy in a different post nothing to do about finding wolves

I dont have scumreads. Im sheeping on that person i forgot the name of sorry

I talk to my townreads coz thats how i play

My nullreads are not here i cant talk to them unless i physically find their addresses and go to their houses to stalk them and ask them why arent they playing mafia which i might do

---

I find it odd that you find this odd of me. Have u not observed me express this behavior in all of my town games? Sheeping and cohesion?
    Wasn't even talking to you here. Was talking to the person who was asking to talk

28. ISO #378

Yeah i dunno tutuu seems like an obvious wolf to me. I keep my vote on them if i'm the only person thinking that so be it

It's pretty much all fluff, no action for someone super worried they will not kill a wolf. Agressively following everyone then will probably complain if someone votes wrong

29. ISO #379

30. ISO #380

31. ISO #381

32. ISO #382

Quote Originally Posted by CRichardForumLies View Post
    If we flip mafia today, do they put in 3 town as their nominees or throw in 1 of their buddies for WIFOM?
    This is the sort of thing that we absolutely shouldn't discuss until the scenario comes up.

Anything we discuss on the matter will just inform the wolves of how best to choose nominations.

33. ISO #383

34. ISO #384

I read mms posts and i thought "ok, thats a post"

Ive no clue what im supposed to do to read him

How do i read him?

Ppl said hes less active than normal and thats all my brain remembered
    It is too early to judge MM's actions because I expect that he would act similarly regardless of alignment. If my memory serves me well, MM does a better job at projecting town rather than what he has displayed so far. However, MM range of strategies are not limited to few worlds. He enjoys intertwining his "tells", and histrocially only a few people have been able to read through some of the layers of MM.

I am going to meld with Martin here and say MM shared as much as they could in their limited time. Trying to analyze MM this early on is impossible because MM is never afraid of death, regardless of their alignment. Given this, I wouldn't oppose chopping MM simply based on activity if we have no better option.

35. ISO #385

36. ISO #386

Quote Originally Posted by ikarusdk View Post
    You mentioned that Varcron continues to be wolfy.

He's posted twice. I'm inclined to disregard the first post since that's really nothing, and I'm reading the second post as RVS (that was post 34).

What differentiates him away from me or MM for example? Both varcron and I opened with non-game related stuff, then disappeared. Varcron has yet to reappear but I don't think his posts are wolfy as you said, and warrants him taking a priority over someone like me based on activity level.

As I was reading your posts I thought Varcron had posted several posts, but this is not what happened.
    Poor wording on my part, I meant that while other people were generally trending upwards, Varcron continued to be in my wolf reads.

It wasn't an activity level thing (in fact, the fact that he only had two posts was a large reason for my switch to scumbot since I didn't co siser it to be a large enough sample size) but my scumlean there was due to awkwardness / self-consciousness present in his posts (I'll expand later but I haven't caught up or read his most recent posts in detail yet so not much point in doing so rn until I have a better picture of what's going on).

As a tl;dr: entrances are one of the most vulnerable situations for a wolf (the others being EoDs) and you tend to see patterns where people try a bit too hard to impress or come off as funny or relaxed in a way that reads as being forced. I noticed a couple of those tells in Varcron's early posts and it was enough to have him as weak scum lean.

It definitely wasn't a strong scum lean but I had him as a mildly scummy low poster whereas I had you/MM/hydra just as null-ish low posters, hence the distinction.

37. ISO #387

Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    No, nor do i know what your play is if you are Wiml. I know of you

By being in town meta or just obvious townie. If someone isn't posting it's harder to be town
    I said why you're wolfy in a different post nothing to do about finding wolves

Wasn't even talking to you here. Was talking to the person who was asking to talk
    where did you explain why u think im wolfy? because i was interacting with my townreads and not nullreads and scumreads?

38. ISO #388

Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    Yeah i dunno tutuu seems like an obvious wolf to me. I keep my vote on them if i'm the only person thinking that so be it

It's pretty much all fluff, no action for someone super worried they will not kill a wolf. Agressively following everyone then will probably complain if someone votes wrong
    ive never done that and never will

i struggle reading ppl im unfamiliar with. i need at least 1 game to get a feel for them. my read accuracy on unknown to me ppl is way below rand

39. ISO #389

I'm probably going to have to dip for awhile now.

I'm looking at the assignments I still have to get done by sunday midnight for me (in approx 19.5 hours) and I don't think I'll be able to do them if I distract myself with checking into this game. I have to go to sleep and do minor stuff and then cram in 4 pages and a presentation, as well as other stuff that - ideally - I accomplish as well. A big ask for 19.5 hours.

I will be back at some point though.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

40. ISO #390

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    It is too early to judge MM's actions because I expect that he would act similarly regardless of alignment. If my memory serves me well, MM does a better job at projecting town rather than what he has displayed so far. However, MM range of strategies are not limited to few worlds. He enjoys intertwining his "tells", and histrocially only a few people have been able to read through some of the layers of MM.

I am going to meld with Martin here and say MM shared as much as they could in their limited time. Trying to analyze MM this early on is impossible because MM is never afraid of death, regardless of their alignment. Given this, I wouldn't oppose chopping MM simply based on activity if we have no better option.
    bet bet

well i could consider voting him later

either him or richard and u guys prefer mm

i dont wanna vote scumbot i think he's been towning it up

and making a brand new wagon seems absurd

alternatively if someone else wants to hammer and make the chop im cool with that. i still have no scumreads so i cant claim i have a solid footing. i just have my towncore and im rolling with it

41. ISO #391

42. ISO #392

43. ISO #393

44. ISO #394

lol voted me for no reason and then ikarus joined him by voting me for no reason and put me in a three way tie

i think this is too absurd to come from w/w
    I see.

Didn't both of them end up giving reasons for their votes though? Or did I misremember / misread on my initial skim?

45. ISO #395

Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    Yeah the activity is kind of my fault, sorry about that. By the VERY brief amounts of reading I have done I personally don't really have any solid conclusions on anyone, alot of this stuff just seems NIL to me
    That's fine. Could you get back to me with some reads once you're caught up with the thread, whenever that is? That'd be appreciated.

46. ISO #396

Quote Originally Posted by Vittae View Post
    I see.

Didn't both of them end up giving reasons for their votes though? Or did I misremember / misread on my initial skim?
    initially they didn't hence why i made the read

later they elaborated but i dont think that changes the validity of my read

that aside i don't think anyone understands them, even disregarding my personal bias against them

they're both scumreading me because i'm sheeping people

i mean sure wolves can do that but tf im supposed to do when i dont know most ppl here lol. i could try to solo hero make reads but this rarely goes well and respectfully if they're town them going solo hero scumreading me also is the opposite of great coz i know im town so yeah aint that a charm

47. ISO #397

48. ISO #398

There's the argument that "<playername> wouldn't struggle this much to get into the game if they were town" that could be applied to a lot of people, including MM, but I'm not putting too much stock into that in general since the 24 hour phases genuinely seem to be messing a lot of people upm

49. ISO #399

Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    I'm also very weary of ikarus because I now have a history of misreading his scum game as town, so if I start townreading him there's a decent that he'll actually be scum just based off of prior experience.
    When have you played with scum-Ikarus?

I know of KRC but I'm assuming that doesn't count since you were both on anon accounts.

Is there anything you're planning on changing in the way you approach your read on Ikarus so that you can find hsi alignment more reliably instead of just writing him off as somebody you're likely to be wrong on?

50. ISO #400

Quote Originally Posted by ikarusdk View Post
    I'll explain further why I voted you once vittae posts (because it was two part reasoning), but one thing I want to ask to other players who played with you in the past.... is that I notice a lot of subtle manipulative comments in tutuu's posts.

Your 'reasons' for strongly suggesting others to vote out scarlet and scumbot really goes against what I'd assume a town would play. It is literally no better than voting Varcron or lol for not being here. Voting someone on day 1 based on activity alone is bad, but you wanna vote scarlet because playing with hydra is difficult...

Eeven though you realise that your reasons for scarlet and scumbot are not because they did something wolfy, you sound very confident that they are indeed wolves, which to me is starting to smell a little like TMI. I had thought about the possibility of you playing around, given the chill and playful nature of your posts, but at this point in time I think it's unlikely because you doubled down on suggesting that if you are voted out, we should still look into scarlet/scumbot (why not separate those two) AND varcron, while leaving your legacy on 4 other players.
    I'm around now and should be on-off around until deadline if you want to talk about this and the second part of your reasoning when you're here?

I'll hold off comment until then because it's not as easy to follow this post without specific examples.