User Tag List

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #51

2. ISO #52

3. ISO #53

Re: S-FM 351: Mini Fooling Party

Quote Originally Posted by ikarusdk View Post
    Not sure I feel great about this.

On the surface, it is a good tip for our overall direction for yhe game.

But I can't help feeling a bit wary about this because 1. This info is a bit redundant because it isn't any new helpful info. 2. I believe we should aim to get rid of triad assessor first to avoid getting our last wills swapped, and 3. I don't believe you only just skimmed through thr set up.

Overall feels like a faked effort to appear helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gikkle View Post
    Weird but not really indicative of Scarlet's alignment imo

can't really say anything that's been posted has been particularly AI rn. Maybe Ikarus very slight TR for a reason that I'll explain later.
    Hmmm nevermind my reasoning doesn't sound as good when written out as it did in my head, even for an early day 1 "very slight TR"
    The reasoning I was thinking of being that Ikarus, if Triad, would be ever so slightly more cautious with directly challenging someone about what the "optimal" first Triad death would be. My few seconds of thought about the read were that either A) If he believed Assessor was the highest priority, then Triad!Ikarus wouldn't necessarily be inspired to help town arrive to that conclusion and would thus be slightly less likely to make this kind of post and B) If he DIDN'T think Assessor was actually the highest priority (and was just being contradictory to appear thoughtful), then he's risking immediately taking a stance he thinks is bad and looking bad off of it for little benefit.

Writing this all out though it's just bad reasoning imo even for a weak RVS TR given that A is something that I myself have done (that is, pointing out optimal town play as a wolf), and it's not exactly gonna win the game for town (there's not really a way to distinguish between the different triad early on so having a "priority" triad isn't exactly gonna help us much rn), and not only that, but including that disagreement in a list of points against PoD honestly comes across a bit like a wolf thinking "this is the obvious townie position to take", and to emphasize that, they accuse/shade others that take other positions because of course, they have the correct (and thus townie) position.

And B is not solid either because it presumes that Triad!Ikarus thinks it's an indefensible position to take, which I don't think would be true because the Assessor is a pretty big nuisance.

Honestly though I might agree with MM that this post is a bit sketchy lol. Not for the reasons MM stated though, but still
    The first point Ikarus makes is weird because what does ikarus expect T!PoD to say that's "new" in an open setup that just started? You could argue there isn't a lot of meat to PoD's analysis of the setup, but given it was a post to kick off the thread & PoD said they skimmed the setup (this combines with my point regarding Ikarus' third point), it comes off as a bit disingenuous?
    The second point is even more strange because the placement of it as part of the points in a "1., 2., 3." style makes it seem as if PoD holding an opinion that differs from Ikarus' automatically makes PoD worthy of suspicion?
    And the third point is ??? Feels a bit out of nowhere imo. There's not really a reason to hold this belief? Not like we can prove what people do prior to the game starting lol, and plenty of people don't read setups of games they sign up for until the game actually starts (unless there's reliable meta that PoD always reads the setup?). So combining this with point 1 and it sort of comes off as trying to "justify" holding the first point? As without the third point, the first point sort of falls apart imo, as someone making a "redundant" or "unhelpful" setup analysis makes sense if they only skimmed the setup.

Although I have to say the wording of PoD's last sentence of that post rings some very specific scum bells that haven't been rung in a long while...

4. ISO #54

5. ISO #55

Quote Originally Posted by The Scarlet Letters View Post
    I think I already kinda implied it in my post but wanted to go further. Their scumhunting would not be for linking purposes but for protection purposes. So our goals wouldn’t be the same as the triad as we are trying to kill said triad members while they are trying to find who NOT to kill.
    Yes and no. I think because the triad don’t wanna actually wanna lim their buddies I think eventually, given that it’s still early, there will be pushes under the guise of “I think this person is mafia” knowing full well they don’t really wanna potentially lim their budfmdy. I think there will be stuff thrown around but when it really comes down to it, I believe members of the triad are gonna be hemming and hawing.

If we do get mafia today I believe it’ll be a town effort and the triad really don’t have a way to control things which is good because they are like us uninformed except knowing their own role. I said what I said because Nancy and I will eventually be able to see right through whatever fake attempt eventually comes.

~I
    right, like I said, there's still gonna be agenda (triad still generally wants to push town/keep their allies alive), it's just that even when they are pushing said agenda, scum hunting done by them is gonna appear a lot more "real" in terms of thought process because they don't actually know for sure who their buddies are. Like, even if they push someone they THINK is town, the logic they use can be very similar to that of a townie because technically, they don't KNOW that persons town, and thus the arguments could consist of things they actually sort of believe.

6. ISO #56

oh i'm silly, skip vote isn't allowed lol
    I even read that and was like "okay, i'm noting that down in my brain specifically" because I felt that was pretty important
    but I immediately forgot

...guess that's not an option, although idk if I would have actually endorsed it anyway. Still would have been nice to have it as a backup tho.

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

9. ISO #59

Quote Originally Posted by scumbot5679 View Post
    I hate being the bearer of bad news but you and Scarlett Letters are part of the evil triad.
    Whereas you are part of the good triad, I assume? : ]
    Why do you believe that (or claim to believe that), btw?

Also, I would encourage you to get an avatar. It's much easier to recognize people that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

10. ISO #60

right, like I said, there's still gonna be agenda (triad still generally wants to push town/keep their allies alive), it's just that even when they are pushing said agenda, scum hunting done by them is gonna appear a lot more "real" in terms of thought process because they don't actually know for sure who their buddies are. Like, even if they push someone they THINK is town, the logic they use can be very similar to that of a townie because technically, they don't KNOW that persons town, and thus the arguments could consist of things they actually sort of believe.
    It's probably going to be similar enough to good scum play that involves "doublethink" à la 1984. Thus, I wouldn't be too worried about that. The only real significant downside is that associative reads are nearly impossible to form here (which is very notable, but not gamebreaking).

About Ikarus' post:
    - I know you already said more or less this, but I'll just state it clearly and concisely: there is zero point in trying to establish triad priorities when literally noone knows who is what (not even triad themselves). Any discussion around this is pure waste, at the very least at this point of the game. Once a triad flips, we can perhaps try to make some mechanical predictions, but until then, it's pointless speculation, as we have no means to identify specific triad roles.
    - What do you mean when you say Ikarus' post is sketchy, but "not for the reasons MM stated though"? Do you disagree with my points?
    - I agree about the post looking a little disingenuous, but about the second point, I'd argue it's not scummy, and could even be slightly towny: thinking disagreement -> suspicious is a natural reaction (even though it is wrong).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

11. ISO #61

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Whereas you are part of the good triad, I assume? : ]
    Why do you believe that (or claim to believe that), btw?

Also, I would encourage you to get an avatar. It's much easier to recognize people that way.
    it's not so much as a belief it's that I'm able to read my role pm so I know.

12. ISO #62

It's probably going to be similar enough to good scum play that involves "doublethink" à la 1984. Thus, I wouldn't be too worried about that. The only real significant downside is that associative reads are nearly impossible to form here (which is very notable, but not gamebreaking).
    As someone whose playstyle sort of centers around associative reads & NKA it's definitely gonna have more of an impact for me personally

- What do you mean when you say Ikarus' post is sketchy, but "not for the reasons MM stated though"? Do you disagree with my points?
    - I agree about the post looking a little disingenuous, but about the second point, I'd argue it's not scummy, and could even be slightly towny: thinking disagreement -> suspicious is a natural reaction (even though it is wrong).
    1. It's more accurate to say I didn't quite understand your point.
    For a maybe related reason, I would like @ikarusdk to answer the following question (even though it may seem kind of stupid rn):
    What was your interpretation of what PoD's post was saying?
    the question may sound dumb but I do have a reason for asking

2. eh, can't say I find that particular bit scummy in of itself, it just felt out of place imo.

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64

As someone whose playstyle sort of centers around associative reads & NKA it's definitely gonna have more of an impact for me personally

1. It's more accurate to say I didn't quite understand your point.
    For a maybe related reason, I would like @ikarusdk to answer the following question (even though it may seem kind of stupid rn):
    What was your interpretation of what PoD's post was saying?
    the question may sound dumb but I do have a reason for asking

2. eh, can't say I find that particular bit scummy in of itself, it just felt out of place imo.
    I will answer this, and clear few things up.

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    So I was skimming thru the setup, seems like our prio is to get rid of Triad Hidden before they could start using their rolecard, getting rid of Dragon Head also works since they just become Dragon Head and they lose their rolecard. Also getting rid of Corrupted Assessor on Day 1 is also nice before they could activate the swap.

All town should make sure to put in your name in your lastwill so town know your flip is 100% legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikarusdk View Post
    Not sure I feel great about this.

On the surface, it is a good tip for our overall direction for yhe game.

But I can't help feeling a bit wary about this because 1. This info is a bit redundant because it isn't any new helpful info. 2. I believe we should aim to get rid of triad assessor first to avoid getting our last wills swapped, and 3. I don't believe you only just skimmed through thr set up.

Overall feels like a faked effort to appear helpful.
    MM has pointed that my highlighted statement is simply not true, to which I agree with, because let's face it. As MM calls it, it's not revolutionary. Perhaps the reasons for confusion about my statement is due to the fact what I should've really said was 'It appears as a good tip for newer players including myself'. If you look at the green portion of my post, you will see that what I actually feel the opposite to my own first statement.

Although I said I believe we should aim to get assessor first, it simply does not matter who we try to eliminate first because we simply do not know who can be who. As long as we get any triad, it is good.

My suspicion about POD's original post still stands. I do not feel that it is genuine because when you break it down, it's an empty post (except for the last will part because not everyone knows about this). If you want to make a fake post to appear helpful but you got limited things to say, wouldn't you mix in a good info with the rest to make it look real?

Having said all these, POD hasn't really said much so I am not willing to vote POD off yet, because you can't judge a slot off one post.

And as for the 'incredibily quick accusation part'

Well, one of the reasons of that post was to generate content to we can start off with, to gauge reaction etc. I've achieved those so far, so that's good enough for me.

15. ISO #65

16. ISO #66

17. ISO #67

18. ISO #68

Since Mentors are a relatively new thing, I am responding publicly to a question asked in private.

It appears that we never made this addition, which clarifies the Mentor/Player relationship, to the general forum mafia rules clear. As such it is being pointed out now:

Hosts must manage mentors in their game for the sake of new players, since new players (i.e. players who have never played Forum Mafia on any site) are required to play their first game with a mentor. Mentors help new players get into the game; they are not part of the game (i.e. they do not have a slot), and know all the info their pupil knows, including their role. They can talk to their pupil privately about anything, but never post anything publicly. Mentors have to be approved privately by both the Host and the pupil before being officialized in the game; they need to have good knowledge of the game, of the FM rules and of the setup. The info about mentor-pupil pairings approved by the Host is publicly available (posted by the Host in the original post of the signups thread).
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

19. ISO #69

20. ISO #70

Hey there! What's your background in terms of mafia, if I may ask? As POD said, we're in random voting stage right now (RVS), aiming to get some information. That being said, this RVS is a little more serious than usual, considering the Ikarus stuff gives us something to ponder on right off the bat.

I played sc2 mafia mod pretty much for my entire teenage life id say from 2010-2015? Im definetely a better mafia player irl though, as i feel like I can read body language/ tones of their voices etc, its a different dynamic.

21. ISO #71

Hmmm nevermind my reasoning doesn't sound as good when written out as it did in my head, even for an early day 1 "very slight TR"
    The reasoning I was thinking of being that Ikarus, if Triad, would be ever so slightly more cautious with directly challenging someone about what the "optimal" first Triad death would be. My few seconds of thought about the read were that either A) If he believed Assessor was the highest priority, then Triad!Ikarus wouldn't necessarily be inspired to help town arrive to that conclusion and would thus be slightly less likely to make this kind of post and B) If he DIDN'T think Assessor was actually the highest priority (and was just being contradictory to appear thoughtful), then he's risking immediately taking a stance he thinks is bad and looking bad off of it for little benefit.

Writing this all out though it's just bad reasoning imo even for a weak RVS TR given that A is something that I myself have done (that is, pointing out optimal town play as a wolf), and it's not exactly gonna win the game for town (there's not really a way to distinguish between the different triad early on so having a "priority" triad isn't exactly gonna help us much rn), and not only that, but including that disagreement in a list of points against PoD honestly comes across a bit like a wolf thinking "this is the obvious townie position to take", and to emphasize that, they accuse/shade others that take other positions because of course, they have the correct (and thus townie) position.

And B is not solid either because it presumes that Triad!Ikarus thinks it's an indefensible position to take, which I don't think would be true because the Assessor is a pretty big nuisance.

Honestly though I might agree with MM that this post is a bit sketchy lol. Not for the reasons MM stated though, but still
    The first point Ikarus makes is weird because what does ikarus expect T!PoD to say that's "new" in an open setup that just started? You could argue there isn't a lot of meat to PoD's analysis of the setup, but given it was a post to kick off the thread & PoD said they skimmed the setup (this combines with my point regarding Ikarus' third point), it comes off as a bit disingenuous?
    The second point is even more strange because the placement of it as part of the points in a "1., 2., 3." style makes it seem as if PoD holding an opinion that differs from Ikarus' automatically makes PoD worthy of suspicion?
    And the third point is ??? Feels a bit out of nowhere imo. There's not really a reason to hold this belief? Not like we can prove what people do prior to the game starting lol, and plenty of people don't read setups of games they sign up for until the game actually starts (unless there's reliable meta that PoD always reads the setup?). So combining this with point 1 and it sort of comes off as trying to "justify" holding the first point? As without the third point, the first point sort of falls apart imo, as someone making a "redundant" or "unhelpful" setup analysis makes sense if they only skimmed the setup.

Although I have to say the wording of PoD's last sentence of that post rings some very specific scum bells that haven't been rung in a long while...
    Overtly defensive, and trying to dictate the game from the start masking as a town power is all I get from this. (but i know you guys have played with each other quite a lot so i may be jsut wrong here) but thats just my take

-vote Ikarusdk

22. ISO #72

23. ISO #73

24. ISO #74

25. ISO #75

don't wanna vote rn
    Marshmallow Marshall - I've liked his thoughts so far. Obviously with what I said earlier about Triad TMI this doesn't mean much, but if I'm gonna vote someone who is actually being constructive, it's gonna be because they are being wolfy. Don't get the impression MM is coming from an agenda driven place with his content yet (ikarus push was reasonable so can't say that's bad) so have no reason to think that. So not interested in voting him.

would rather not vote
    powerofdeath - Can't say I have good reason to think this is evil. If anything, referring to ikarus as "mafia" is maybe ever so slightly in PoD's favor since Triad are more likely to be aware that they are called Triad? Possibly intentionally, and wolves could even make that post unintentionally, but we don't have much to work with so w/e
    The Scarlet Letters - sort of liked the tone of their posts when talking about the Triad. Felt like they were talking about something they weren't. Not much to go off of, but I don't think they're a good vote.

basically rand
    Flea the Magician - Made one weird post and never came back.
    Innovation - New, so not really interested in voting them. Possibly opportunistic vote? idk
    furtiveglance - Don't think they've posted?
    TheBananaBaroness - also don't think they've posted

I'm okay with voting these I guess
    ikarusdk - Explanation for his post was fine imo and tbh I'd rather not punish people for trying to start discussion, so I'd prefer not to vote him entirely because of that first post. Now, his other posts aren't exactly constructive, which is weird coming from someone who criticized someone for "no new info", and is apparently trying to "generate content" and "gauge reactions" (I'm interested what sort of conclusions @ikarusdk got from the reactions)
    scumbot5679 - This wouldn't be a terrible vote. Don't particularly like their posts.

26. ISO #76

I wasn’t online yesterday and have no idea who’s scum atp but so far liking Scumbot who is hilariously wrong about us per usual and maybe also Gikkle.

@MarinGG99, have you DM’d furtiveglance yet?

@furtiveglance

This is Nancy btw.

@ikarusdk , Flea usually goes by either fae/faer or they/them pronouns.
    ~Hydra of ItalianoVD + Nancy Drew 39~

27. ISO #77

don't wanna vote rn
    Marshmallow Marshall - I've liked his thoughts so far. Obviously with what I said earlier about Triad TMI this doesn't mean much, but if I'm gonna vote someone who is actually being constructive, it's gonna be because they are being wolfy. Don't get the impression MM is coming from an agenda driven place with his content yet (ikarus push was reasonable so can't say that's bad) so have no reason to think that. So not interested in voting him.

would rather not vote
    powerofdeath - Can't say I have good reason to think this is evil. If anything, referring to ikarus as "mafia" is maybe ever so slightly in PoD's favor since Triad are more likely to be aware that they are called Triad? Possibly intentionally, and wolves could even make that post unintentionally, but we don't have much to work with so w/e
    The Scarlet Letters - sort of liked the tone of their posts when talking about the Triad. Felt like they were talking about something they weren't. Not much to go off of, but I don't think they're a good vote.

basically rand
    Innovation - New, so not really interested in voting them. Possibly opportunistic vote? idk

ikarusdk - Explanation for his post was fine imo and tbh I'd rather not punish people for trying to start discussion, so I'd prefer not to vote him entirely because of that first post. Now, his other posts aren't exactly constructive, which is weird coming from someone who criticized someone for "no new info", and is apparently trying to "generate content" and "gauge reactions" (I'm interested what sort of conclusions @ikarusdk got from the reactions)
    scumbot5679 - This wouldn't be a terrible vote. Don't particularly like their posts.
    not the most well reasoned list of vote targets but there's not much to go off of lol

28. ISO #78

I wasn’t online yesterday and have no idea who’s scum atp but so far liking Scumbot who is hilariously wrong about us per usual and maybe also Gikkle.

@MarinGG99, have you DM’d furtiveglance yet?

@furtiveglance

This is Nancy btw.

@ikarusdk , Flea usually goes by either fae/faer or they/them pronouns.
    is there a reason you like scumbot

29. ISO #79

don't wanna vote rn

would rather not vote

basically rand

I have meta on a few posters, this is pretty typical for Scumbot.

~N

30. ISO #80

31. ISO #81

32. ISO #82

33. ISO #83

34. ISO #84

We have what, 3 hours left?

I'd encourage everyone reading this to really get into action and generate some content here, because we only get 1 misvote before MYLO I believe. Obviously with how the setup is designed town can still win if Triad is equal to town in numbers but ideally we don't get into that situation

Also remember to write last wills. Not just include your name - a lot of people just straight up forget to write last wills. I myself am going to make sure mine has my name on it, so if my last will is blank or smth you know I didn't just forget to make a will.

35. ISO #85

I have meta on a few posters, this is pretty typical for Scumbot.

~N
    hmmmm
    I did have one post I found questionable though, but it may be a matter of interpretation

Quote Originally Posted by scumbot5679 View Post
    it's not so much as a belief it's that I'm able to read my role pm so I know.
    This post - @scumbot5679 , if you show up before EoD, could you tell me exactly what you meant by this? Might seem like a stupid question (like the one I asked ikarus), but there is a reason for it.

36. ISO #86

37. ISO #87

38. ISO #88

hmmmm
    I did have one post I found questionable though, but it may be a matter of interpretation

This post - @scumbot5679 , if you show up before EoD, could you tell me exactly what you meant by this? Might seem like a stupid question (like the one I asked ikarus), but there is a reason for it.
    I was referring to Scumbot confidentially calling people scum. It’s possible he’s scum doing that of course but that’s pretty typical for him as town.

39. ISO #89

40. ISO #90

I thought it was a joke though?

No, that’s pretty typical for him and he’s probably not joking. He’s also very active which is also usually a town indicative for him. I hydra’d with him as scum once and he pretty much lurked it out.

~N

41. ISO #91

No, that’s pretty typical for him and he’s probably not joking. He’s also very active which is also usually a town indicative for him. I hydra’d with him as scum once and he pretty much lurked it out.

~N
    Would this meta be influenced by the fact that Triads don't know their buddies?

42. ISO #92

43. ISO #93

Quote Originally Posted by Innovation View Post
    Overtly defensive, and trying to dictate the game from the start masking as a town power is all I get from this. (but i know you guys have played with each other quite a lot so i may be jsut wrong here) but thats just my take

-vote Ikarusdk
    Is this Renegade?

Do you think Ikarus’ posting is similar to CE game?

~N

44. ISO #94

45. ISO #95

46. ISO #96

47. ISO #97

48. ISO #98

49. ISO #99

Uhm... no, it isn't? He's literally saying we should lynch the triad, which is not exactly revolutionary xD. It certainly isn't a good tip indicating any direction whatsoever. Plus, you're saying more or less this in point #1 (no new info), which contradicts the "on the surface" part. So... while I am looking at POD sideways with evil eyes , I feel like the "on the surface" sentence is only there to act as some kind of coating to your point, a coating that indicates you are insecure - perhaps because this is your first scum game (correct me if I'm wrong, my FM memory is horrible, but I think you've never been scum before).

-vote ikarusdk

sorry banana, duty calls me, i cannot vote you just yet
    I can confirm Ikarus was scum in Chaotic Executioner. I don’t know about the other game but why would someone lie about something like that anyway? People can check.

~N

50. ISO #100

Wait. Probably not required as my flip won't be interfered with.

I am citizen.

Guess I'll vote whoever is most sus. I don't like pod not really coming back to talk about his initial post, given I was willing to put myself in a spotlight for it. Kinda felt pod was fine being under the radar and watching me basically hang myself.

Flea is just rand.
    Mm is like a hedgehog, wary of everyone which I feel good about
    Gikkle asks fair enough questions, and alcurrebtly defacto town leader
    SL I like the tone so far
    Innovation I don't think I can read renegade there so feel pure.
    Scumbot I'd another rand

I would like to go much further into MM and Gikkle reads but I'm too busy and I got sausage fingers

-vote power of death