S-FM 346: Warcraft
Register

User Tag List

Hybrid View

1. ISO #1

Re: S-FM 346: Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Yayap View Post
    But the math you presented is actually flawed. It really did make no difference.

N2 doc failed heal on SB
    D3 doc claiming = Helz, Mizery or me gets lynched
    N4 doc dies = Guillo kingmaker vs the last 2
    result: 1v1 on D4

N2 doc failed to heal
    D3 doc not claiming and not exposed = 1 unconfirmable gets lynched (Helz to demonstrate)
    N4a I get killed = Guillo vs Ika and Mizery both claiming doc
    N4b Ika is killed = Guillo kingmaker vs Mizery and me
    N4c doc healed Guillo = Guillo and Ika vs Mizery and me if scum doesn't claim doc
    N4d doc healed Guillo = Guillo and me vs Ika and Mizery both claiming doc
    n4e doc healed me = Guillo and me vs Ika and Mizery both claiming doc (Mizery could even claim he healed Guillo and we wouldn't know)
    all results: 1v1 on D4

N2 if the doc successfully healed. Then today we would have Guillo, SB confirmed vs Ika*, Helz, Mizery and me
    D3 doc not claiming and not exposed = 1 unconfirmable gets lynched (Helz to demonstrate)
    N3 Scum can 50/50 the doc and the other unknown
    D4a (if Ika died) Then its Guillo and SB as kingmakers vs Mizery and me
    D4b (if I died) Then its a Guillo and SB vs Ika and Mizery both claiming doc
    all results: 1v1 on D4

N2 doc successfully healed
    D3 not exposed (helz lynched)
    N3 doc healed Me
    D4 then its Guillo, SB and me vs Ika and Mizery
    Resulting in town win

Literally the only thing Helz did by showing his math was ensure that the last option would not happen. All other options are a 1v1 on D4 with a different kingmaker depending on who died N2.
    The really substantial factor was that it pushed the doc onto the town block and killed WIFOM for the rest of the players taking a heal chance from 1/6 to 1/2. The play makes absolutely no sense for scum.

And if you mean the gamestate for Lylo Priest got to make a decision to put Guillo as the king maker which was also a change. We will see how that shakes out. I think he wanted to step back instead of having the game thrust on his shoulders.

For a pertinent question- You keep throwing shade on everything that makes others look town. But do you believe that I do not believe what I am saying?
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

2. ISO #2

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    For a pertinent question- You keep throwing shade on everything that makes others look town. But do you believe that I do not believe what I am saying?
    Based on what I remember your skill to be 2 years ago when I last played on these forums, I'm expecting you to have improved and that you would have crossed the line of me being able to read you in day chat to being more manipulative of secret reads and less alignment indicative. In essence, you and me are locked into a duel to see who will flinch first but we both have the skill to not flinch making it a draw and we both know that. The only problem is that if we are both town, neither of us can really point out Mizery just coasting to the finish line while we stare each other down.

Because the game has been solved mechanically mainly because you posted the path to the endgame scenario - which I would not have because a kill outside of Guillo/Stealhbomber would have given me an idea on the skill level of the last remaining scum, I don't think Mizery or Ika (if she wasn't the doc) would have realized that killing anyone other than Guillo/SB or getting lucky on the doc would eliminate their lifeline in PoE, newer players would probably think getting the night kill to not be healed was more important.

What you did was not scummy per say because there is only 1 scum left, but it killed any chance of getting a read through the night kill because the choice was made so obvious.

So all 3 of us are just standing in a line up waiting to see who Guillo/Ika eliminate. Unless Mizery makes a blatant mistake, I really think this game is going to come down to flip a coin to see who is left standing.

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by Yayap View Post
    The only problem is that if we are both town, neither of us can really point out Mizery just coasting to the finish line while we stare each other down.
    I have considered this a few times and I have no solution.

I pushed you at the start of the day to bait a reaction from Mizery but got nothing. Saw a very slight potential town slip D1 and have next to nothing to go on. Solving them tomorrow will probably end up a coin flip which sucks.

I get frustrated when I sign up for a game to play and feel like I can not play. It makes me wonder what we are even doing. If we are not here to talk, scumhunt, and sort alignments what is the point? Watching the game move in a direction I know is bad while nobody seems motivated to even raise a finger to question if its bad or not sucks.
    I do not see people pushing etchother or arguing motives. It more looks like people are just waiting for the clock to tick down in a game where town has no viable night actions. Tommorow the town will be in worse shape than it is today with little information gained and the bitch of it is that its happening while we have 2 semi-confirmed town.

Maybe the problem is I am too focused on how I feel the game should be played but regardless of manipulation or skill I figure that should be able to be very clearly read.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.