In current meta games are based around 3 mafia/Triad, and a neutral killer.
With Poisonner and Electromaniac not being NI, there's a decent chance that he will die in the first nights, with 2 bad result:
- The game lose a decent tool or rebalancing between town and mafia, as NK is by trying to win swithching kills from town and maf, ensuring a comeback is possible for both of the side.
- The game get much slower, as the average number of kills per night is halfed. Game can often get boring, like sometimes when NK is arso, especially if the game's already 1sided (BG or vet)
The main dev is telling me that all roles aren't equal, some harder than others; but what I'm speaking about here is not the difficulty to win, it's how it will affects the game as a whole, for every teams.
And for the most part, NI is just a one-night protection before getting hanged the following day bye the man who shot you. Yet, this man have to have the choice when he wants to reveal he found the NK, because as stated, NK is a tool to rebalance the game's pathing.

And anyway, not giving people the option to make them NI is quiet dumb already. Why would u limit the options ?
I'd like to think electromaniac have potential, but rn making it the possible killer just imply a huge risk that the game will be over n1.

They need NI.