S-FM 339: ?KRC, M-FM edition - Page 4
Register

User Tag List

Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #151

Re: S-FM 339: ?KRC, M-FM edition

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Tesseract View Post
    I suspect there must exist a reason for why so many wild flowers are upon my eyes. There must exist a reason for why horse foreskin is afore me. There may also be a reason for why i want 200 gold lel!
    Maybe I can give you 200 gold for free?
    What would you get out of it though?

2. ISO #152

3. ISO #153

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Eyes View Post
    "Expose" town core?

What kind of argument is that? "Expose" doesn't work in this context.
    Agree with eyes here.
    Using the ability now might not be best, but I don't think being revealed as town really exposes anyone.
    Maybe makes them more of a target, but we don't know what kinds of roles we've got regarding that.

4. ISO #154

5. ISO #155

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Blue Beard View Post
    You box out the wolves when you have a towncore...

have a vote

-vote FM-Comrade PickleRadish
    When you expose town cores, one of two things will happen

1. Scum will target town core if they are confident in either blocking the protectives or that there are no protectives. Simple enough. We're left with the core dead. Less guidance, and it might be hard to discern btwn actual scum and simple lynchbait.

2. Scum will target the more quiet people especially if they believe there are protectives they can't quite reach yet. Sure that might discard some lynchbait that would otherwise have been used to cuck us, but the quiet people tend to be important townies too. Protectives trying not to get the heat, investigators working away quietly into the night...

6. ISO #156

7. ISO #157

I think I know what the crabs are for

they seem to count as items and so you can buy one for "free" and then sell it at a higher price either anonymously or with your FM account name

in theory that would allow people to transfer gold from one to another

assuming it isn't just possible to transfer gold with a magical "give player X Y gold" message to the host

I couldn't think of any sort of reasonable explanation for why the crabs are there aside from just simply memes

8. ISO #158

9. ISO #159

10. ISO #160

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Comrade PickleRadish View Post
    When you expose town cores, one of two things will happen

1. Scum will target town core if they are confident in either blocking the protectives or that there are no protectives. Simple enough. We're left with the core dead. Less guidance, and it might be hard to discern btwn actual scum and simple lynchbait.

2. Scum will target the more quiet people especially if they believe there are protectives they can't quite reach yet. Sure that might discard some lynchbait that would otherwise have been used to cuck us, but the quiet people tend to be important townies too. Protectives trying not to get the heat, investigators working away quietly into the night...
    With no town core, town has no direction. Simple as. We can't win without one. The choice between killing competent town and hunting for power roles specifically is a choice mafia will make, the harder we make that decision the more they will make mistakes and the more likely we will win.

11. ISO #161

I suspect that the evils, which roam around my persona, may be attempting to impersonate me. For this reason, Dark Unicorns may be gray and may need to be lynched. Are you down to lynch the impostor Unicorn?
    As long as you talk cryptic you get no favor from me.

12. ISO #162

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Mr Pain View Post
    I think I know what the crabs are for

they seem to count as items and so you can buy one for "free" and then sell it at a higher price either anonymously or with your FM account name

in theory that would allow people to transfer gold from one to another

assuming it isn't just possible to transfer gold with a magical "give player X Y gold" message to the host

I couldn't think of any sort of reasonable explanation for why the crabs are there aside from just simply memes
    I have a crackpot theory that the crabs are a secret town-ending weapon that disguises itself as a meme item early on then really activates late game. In that case, there would be a role that allows an evil neutral to put it in the shop. Its probably just the STD known colloquially as crabs.

If someone is trying to make an item to simply con us out of our money, it wouldn't be for free. The free price is probably bait.

13. ISO #163

14. ISO #164

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Kitty Cat Dance View Post
    How do we know which of you two is Imposter Unicorn?
    You're hereby in disobedience of MY Town order to not possess an avatar, which reflective of your username. How do you plead? You're not allowed to reflect upon your own persona. Get back to 1984 now

15. ISO #165

With no town core, town has no direction. Simple as. We can't win without one. The choice between killing competent town and hunting for power roles specifically is a choice mafia will make, the harder we make that decision the more they will make mistakes and the more likely we will win.
    "hunting for power roles" like what SOMETHING is doing with me?

16. ISO #166

17. ISO #167

You're hereby in disobedience of MY Town order to not possess an avatar, which reflective of your username. How do you plead? You're not allowed to reflect upon your own persona. Get back to 1984 now
    My attorneys required me to amend my statements in order for me to remain legal to specify as follows: "You're hereby in disobedience of MY Town order to not possess an avatar, which is reflective of your username."

18. ISO #168

have a vote

I guess valid?
    I got the impression that they don't understand my role really, didn't fully read or something.
    Either way, I don't believe any player would play any dumber as wolf than as town at this stage of the game.

I sort of like the vote though.

19. ISO #169

20. ISO #170

21. ISO #171

Keeping an eye on Blue Beard. A stink eye.
    So like, they got 4 posts.
    First they announced they had 2000 gold, which I remember you liking.

Then they had 3 posts regarding the same train of thought:
    Spoiler : 3 quotes :
    Do it please.
    You aren't eager for a town core? Sounds scummy to me.

have a vote

I like how linear it looks.
    A bit OMGUS'y, perhaps, but they only voted Pickle after they saw a reason for it.

22. ISO #172

I don't know what you guys mean by towncore. But it's not something that....is bad. It's just a group of people who are consensus town. And that is not a bad thing. Like. At all.
    last time I played Forum Mafia, a scum managed to, against all odds, claim a vague power role and slip into towncore while contentious loudmouths who ended up as powerless town roles took the heat. Yes that "vague power role" stuff vaguely sounds like me rn but you also see me being a contentious loudmouth rn. Enjoying the controversial attention.

not every townie is gonna be in the towncore, and not every scum (especially smart and very cunning scum) will be automatically boxed out of it. Leaving scum to blindly guess with their kills is a good option.

23. ISO #173

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Its SOMETHING View Post
    I guess valid?
    I got the impression that they don't understand my role really, didn't fully read or something.
    Either way, I don't believe any player would play any dumber as wolf than as town at this stage of the game.

I sort of like the vote though.
    I don't. Comrade not getting that having a towncore is important doesn't seem like an AI thing at all, voting him for it doesn't have any more of a chance of hitting then voting someone at complete random.

24. ISO #174

I would like a detailed paragraph about how you would like me to approach you so that you believe (truthfully or not) that I am village.
    Thank you.
    -vote FM-Eyes

How to approach me for me to not scumread you? This doesn't sound at all like Towny-Game-Solving mindset.

25. ISO #175

26. ISO #176

27. ISO #177

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Comrade PickleRadish View Post
    last time I played Forum Mafia, a scum managed to, against all odds, claim a vague power role and slip into towncore while contentious loudmouths who ended up as powerless town roles took the heat. Yes that "vague power role" stuff vaguely sounds like me rn but you also see me being a contentious loudmouth rn. Enjoying the controversial attention.

not every townie is gonna be in the towncore, and not every scum (especially smart and very cunning scum) will be automatically boxed out of it. Leaving scum to blindly guess with their kills is a good option.
    Are you opposed to forming towncore or voltron?

28. ISO #178

So like, they got 4 posts.
    First they announced they had 2000 gold, which I remember you liking.

Then they had 3 posts regarding the same train of thought:
    Spoiler : 3 quotes :

I like how linear it looks.
    A bit OMGUS'y, perhaps, but they only voted Pickle after they saw a reason for it.
    -vote FM-Eyes

How to approach me for me to not scumread you? This doesn't sound at all like Towny-Game-Solving mindset.
    I also think both of these posts are villagery.

I've got some work to do, so for now I bid the thread adieu.

29. ISO #179

30. ISO #180

I don't know what you guys mean by towncore. But it's not something that....is bad. It's just a group of people who are consensus town. And that is not a bad thing. Like. At all.
    Yah, it's just Comrade Pickle who's talking about towncore as something negative. I think they might be new player.

31. ISO #181

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Forsaken Bones View Post
    I think Beard and Comrade are both villagers.
    I don't fully agree with their views of the game but from their argument I think the thought processes are pure.
    Pure in what manner?

?krc games have historically sometimes (if not oftentimes) involved more than 1 faction and I don't like that you're just throwing 2 people off the list of who could be scum so soon into the game

32. ISO #182

33. ISO #183

34. ISO #184

35. ISO #185

36. ISO #186

37. ISO #187

38. ISO #188

39. ISO #189

Maybe I can give you 200 gold for free?
    What would you get out of it though?
    My attorneys indicate that you are more broke than brokeback mountain. The minimum payment required to bribe me is 1000. Get your crap outta here. We are not that cheap! We are a legitimate law firm (whose minimum is 1000).

40. ISO #190

Is an Ogre Like an Onion? A Critical Analysis.

In the seminal 2000ish movie Shrek, the titular character (voiced by Mike Myers, of Inglorious Basterds (sic) fame) memorably states that "Ogres are like...onions," because "Ogres have layers, onions have layers." His erstwhile dragon-wooing companion, Donkey (voiced by Mulan alum Eddie Murphy), retorts that parfaits both have layers and more mainstream appeal than an onion. In this essay I will demonstrate that ogres are not, in fact, like onions, nor are they like the more popular layered food, parfaits. Ogres are, in reality and in fiction, much more akin to matryoshka.

The first point of order is to compare an ogre to an onion. While it is true that an onion has layers, crucially, every layer of an onion is the same material. An onion, functionally, is just layers duplicated and slightly enlarged and stacked on top of each other. In literal terms, there is strong evidence to suggest that an ogre is not the same on every layer. For example, in the cinematic masterpiece we see Shrek get scrapes and bruises. This strongly implies the presence of blood within ogres, which adds at least one layer that is distinct in composition from the other layers. Conclusion: onions are too much of a basic bitch to be a suitable metaphor for an ogre's inner emotional turmoil.

Now that we have established that onions are the Gwyneth Paltrow of food and of layer metaphors, who is our Christina Aguilera? That's right, it's everyone's favorite Russian antiquing item, matryoshka dolls! Consider: each doll is smaller than, and subtly different from, the previous. Much like an ogre's layers, each one somewhat smaller than and distinct from the previous layer.

The parfait dilemma.

So, you ask, why doesn't a parfait also work? Well, the answer is simple, really: parfaits are sweet and ogres, while sometimes tender, kind, and caring, are not sweet, in a literal or metaphorical sense.

QED, an ogre is like a matryoshka doll.

41. ISO #191

I don't. Comrade not getting that having a towncore is important doesn't seem like an AI thing at all, voting him for it doesn't have any more of a chance of hitting then voting someone at complete random.
    You not agreeing with their vote doesn't sway me about their (blue beard) alignment one way or the other.
    I feel like you'll have responded to this through one of my other posts already, ignore this if so, but what is the stink eye Blue Beard about?

42. ISO #192

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Purple View Post
    I got a spooky looking painting, it's one of my favorites.

Spoiler : Looky :

What do you think about it?
    Ah yes, the Scream! And you picked the best variant yet, the 1893. Truly you're a true connoisseur of art. You can come visit me and discuss about all the art we enjoy, but if I remember correctly, you have some renovations to do at home? Something like that?

43. ISO #193

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Purple View Post
    Or scum. Generally someone who is opposed to forming a towncore is scum.
    I'm not full on endorsing a meta just yet, I'm just discussing our options as a town on whatever to reveal a core. I will 100% support creating a towncore if its the best play for town as a collective to make. We have 22 hours to discuss this matter, gentlemen. We will figure it out by then.

44. ISO #194

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Mafia Bro View Post
    Is an Ogre Like an Onion? A Critical Analysis.

In the seminal 2000ish movie Shrek, the titular character (voiced by Mike Myers, of Inglorious Basterds (sic) fame) memorably states that "Ogres are like...onions," because "Ogres have layers, onions have layers." His erstwhile dragon-wooing companion, Donkey (voiced by Mulan alum Eddie Murphy), retorts that parfaits both have layers and more mainstream appeal than an onion. In this essay I will demonstrate that ogres are not, in fact, like onions, nor are they like the more popular layered food, parfaits. Ogres are, in reality and in fiction, much more akin to matryoshka.

The first point of order is to compare an ogre to an onion. While it is true that an onion has layers, crucially, every layer of an onion is the same material. An onion, functionally, is just layers duplicated and slightly enlarged and stacked on top of each other. In literal terms, there is strong evidence to suggest that an ogre is not the same on every layer. For example, in the cinematic masterpiece we see Shrek get scrapes and bruises. This strongly implies the presence of blood within ogres, which adds at least one layer that is distinct in composition from the other layers. Conclusion: onions are too much of a basic bitch to be a suitable metaphor for an ogre's inner emotional turmoil.

Now that we have established that onions are the Gwyneth Paltrow of food and of layer metaphors, who is our Christina Aguilera? That's right, it's everyone's favorite Russian antiquing item, matryoshka dolls! Consider: each doll is smaller than, and subtly different from, the previous. Much like an ogre's layers, each one somewhat smaller than and distinct from the previous layer.

The parfait dilemma.

So, you ask, why doesn't a parfait also work? Well, the answer is simple, really: parfaits are sweet and ogres, while sometimes tender, kind, and caring, are not sweet, in a literal or metaphorical sense.

QED, an ogre is like a matryoshka doll.
    Good god is every other opening post going to be a meme?

45. ISO #195

46. ISO #196

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Forsaken Bones View Post
    I think Beard and Comrade are both villagers.
    I don't fully agree with their views of the game but from their argument I think the thought processes are pure.
    I feel like it's so easy to scumread BB and Comrade right now, even if only for disagreeing about theory or whatever. Which is why I want to townread this post by Forsaken.

47. ISO #197

You not agreeing with their vote doesn't sway me about their (blue beard) alignment one way or the other.
    I feel like you'll have responded to this through one of my other posts already, ignore this if so, but what is the stink eye Blue Beard about?
    My main reason for suspicion on them is that I think that Comrade is sort of a meme-y slot that could be considered LHF, with all the posturing about them being an art "reposseser" (whatever that's supposed to mean) and the talk about not wanting a towncore to form, it makes him sound inexperienced, something a wolf might see and jump on to.

48. ISO #198

49. ISO #199

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Mr Pain View Post
    Pure in what manner?

?krc games have historically sometimes (if not oftentimes) involved more than 1 faction and I don't like that you're just throwing 2 people off the list of who could be scum so soon into the game
    Unironically, a Mafia in your position wouldn't like it either in a scenario where Forsaken is correct about Comrade and BB.
    I wouldn't think nothing of it usually, but this is the first time I saw something getting your attention.
    I note 3 slots as confirmed town if you ever flip red.

50. ISO #200

I don't think Bizzaro Pepsi is in any sort of mafia-chat or otherwise

no one else of the 15 players who have posted so far bought Bizzaro's crab

I can confirm this because apparently successfully buying it informs you of the delivery of the crab by next phase change

so I think this heavily implies Bizzaro is either town or independent / 3rd party

unlikely to be wolf who was asking for cash (not to mention the fact they could've gone anonymous as well it seems)