S-FM 337: Play at Your Own Risk - Page 7
Register

User Tag List

Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #301

Re: S-FM 337: Play at Your Own Risk

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Once Upon a Town View Post
    I'm so sorry, i couldnt resist making such a disapointing buildup... I couldnt ! Not day 1 !
    Anyway, i was asked what were my favourite roles, and i do enjoy citizens because they force you to focus on the social aspect of the game rather than the mechanical one.
    I was expecting really weird hand-tailored roles and didn't think much about the roles i answered. Maybe i'll regret it later...
    fair i guess. i will have to dissagree, but my ToS background makes me biased on this. My way to look at it is the more tools your role gives you to work with your social reads the better. Wich is why town killing roles will aways be my favorites, followed by investigative

2. ISO #302

3. ISO #303

4. ISO #304

5. ISO #305

You've lost me there... What did Last Hope do ? What's the "large leap" there ?
    He said if we survive past the earlier nights than we're likely to be scum given cop claim and outted townie, and we should be eliminated. That's a large leap imo. There can be protects, there can be mechanics we don't know about, and scum can play WIFOM. saying this happened, therefore this must happen, is not a thought process I dig in long form mafia

6. ISO #306

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Politico View Post
    fair i guess. i will have to dissagree, but my ToS background makes me biased on this. My way to look at it is the more tools your role gives you to work with your social reads the better. Wich is why town killing roles will aways be my favorites, followed by investigative
    I assume you've got both killing and investigative roles in your list, then. I scrolled through your iso quickly and didnt see your answer to the complexity question, so i think it's about time your start to give us your answers.

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Wilder Wastelander View Post
    I think there are no citizens in this game.
    Well, yes, i think so too. That's why i felt i could safely reveal that information.

7. ISO #307

8. ISO #308

I assume you've got both killing and investigative roles in your list, then. I scrolled through your iso quickly and didnt see your answer to the complexity question, so i think it's about time your start to give us your answers.

Well, yes, i think so too. That's why i felt i could safely reveal that information.
    about that....

i dont know what i picked

9. ISO #309

10. ISO #310

11. ISO #311

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Mid-Atlantic View Post
    He said if we survive past the earlier nights than we're likely to be scum given cop claim and outted townie, and we should be eliminated. That's a large leap imo. There can be protects, there can be mechanics we don't know about, and scum can play WIFOM. saying this happened, therefore this must happen, is not a thought process I dig in long form mafia
    True, true, my bad : i mixed up gravity and Last Hope. I agree its a little too naive or simplified. I too had mixed feelings about these posts

12. ISO #312

13. ISO #313

14. ISO #314

15. ISO #315

16. ISO #316

17. ISO #317

18. ISO #318

19. ISO #319

20. ISO #320

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Silent Night View Post
    No. It just is a positive for me from what my role card says.

@FM-Matrix6
    Who's role card was that you quoted? I am assuming you just attempted to steal a fruit vendors abilities?

Kinda odd nobody has poked this. I guess everyone might be too busy in their chats? I have reason to believe there are at least 5 people active in chats right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lag View Post
    Read this or risk getting modkilled.

Example Town Rolecard:
    Spoiler : Town Rolecard :

Alignment: Town
    Role: Fruit Tycoon

Factional Abilities:
    Town is the uninformed majority and receives no factional abilities. Use your vote and your role to win!

Role Abilities:
    Stockpile Fruit
    (Passive)
    You start the game with 0 fruit. Gain 2 fruit at the start of each night.

Collect Fruit
    (Day or Night action, Multitaskable, Unlimited Use)
    Quote a post made by another player in which the name of a fruit is posted. Add 1 fruit to your fruit stockpile.
    Previously quoted posts cannot be reused.

Give Fruit
    (Multitaskable, Unlimited Use)
    Target another player to give them a random piece of fruit from your stockpile.

Note: Because your action is multi-taskable and unlimited use, you may give as many fruit as you have available in your stockpile, including multiple fruit to the same player.

Quote to Steal!
    (1-Shot, Passive)
    If this rolecard is posted publicly in the thread, then the first player to quote this rolecard with the message "The greatest tragedy of Mafia 2.0 is that it doesn't have Fruit Vendor" steals all of its abilities and adds them to their rolecard. This ability is consumed on use and is not added.

You saw it, @Lag .
    thumb_do-it-mematic-net-new-pelpatine-meme-star-wars-amino-54019553.png

21. ISO #321

22. ISO #322

23. ISO #323

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Matrix6 View Post
    its ok but u gotta eat ur vegetables and stuff. when was last time u ate some fruit?
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-All Stars View Post
    A few hours ago when I ate some blueberries and sandwiches
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-All Stars View Post
    Oh, and high pulp orange juice
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Mid-Atlantic View Post
    I bet the last fruit you had was a nice banana
    blueberries are awesome i tried to get some on sale for 18 oz at 3.99 but piece of crap store cheated me and i ended up getting...
    ORGANIC blueberries same weight! PROFIT!!!!
    totally support HIGH PULP! i had to get 2 of em for this coupon i had to buy 5 items to get $5 off lol and they were out of a 3rd orange juice so she just gave me 5 off anyways!!!
    This is so stupid
    So its probably a role gimmick
    Matrix/all/mid scum team
    Who do we lynch first town?

24. ISO #324

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Last Hope View Post
    So of all the players who have checked in so far, All Stars and Matrix feel like townies vibing in thread.
    Looney Tunes doesn't give me much, so they go to the null pile.
    Wilder didn't feel memorable so they go to the null-scummish pile.
    So from all people (10, without last 9) that posted in the thread, he remembered only 4.
    If last or the 5 unmentioned flip scum, hes chopped next

25. ISO #325

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Bisected Souls View Post
    So from all people (10, without last 9) that posted in the thread, he remembered only 4.
    If last or the 5 unmentioned flip scum, hes chopped next
    Tbh i dont think either you or politico had talked at that point. So he remembered half of town, doesnt seem so bad

26. ISO #326

27. ISO #327

28. ISO #328

29. ISO #329

30. ISO #330

Tmi scum slip.
    Lets look at the different possible scenarios and give them ratings.
    4v7 set-up? 1%
    2v2v7 multiball? 2%
    Everyone is scum and lags a liar in the PMs? 97%
    Maybe we have no mafia, but cult os something like.

But I am sure about town-aligned majority.

31. ISO #331

What we can reasonably assume:

The selected complexity voiced to the host influenced roles given
    The voiced favorite roles 'sometimes' influenced roles given (Had no effect for me)
    Multiple chats exist and multiple roles/mechanics exist that either create chats or join them
    Votes do more than count towards a lynch and may be a design decision given they are mandatory

Small progress but its something. Its interesting to see who has participated in topics and who has been willing to talk about what.

The 3 roles I submitted were a modified IC or Mayor that reveals to the town as town but are evil, A role that turns a player inert while investigating as evil but has night immunity, and a role that brings a player back from the dead with a new role and/or alignment.
    I agree
    Thats what we know, yet

32. ISO #332

33. ISO #333

34. ISO #334

35. ISO #335

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Gravity Falls View Post
    Very good. This is what I had intended. My claim has started up some nice discussion.

That is also another reason I claimed so early. To give people something to talk about.
    Is it the right conversation? Seems to have brought a lot of negative attention to you and your claimee.

36. ISO #336

37. ISO #337

38. ISO #338

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Last Hope View Post
    Which is why I'm not interesting in wagoning Gravity or Atlantic for that matter today. As they probably get night killed early if Gravity is telling the truth, or they survive when they shouldn't and we eliminate them.
    Wow i didnt expect that.
    You build this on complete WIFOM
    every Scum wont kill the almost conf town, so town asks "why are they still alive" and proceeds into misslynching them.
    Scum has information, they already now whos town
    I mean, this is so basic Wifom that it belongs to the trash can

39. ISO #339

40. ISO #340

Chewing on your reaction for a few moments I feel like the situation should not just be dodged with an expectation of it resolving itself and given your active position in the town an opinion on the situation regardless of what the resolution should be would help keep the town on the same page.
    What? Did you just say?!

41. ISO #341

You build this on complete WIFOM
    every Scum wont kill the almost conf town, so town asks "why are they still alive" and proceeds into misslynching them.
    Agreed.

No reason for mafia to attack "confirmed" town.

Doctor/Lookout or similar roles probably in game.

But if scum faction is cult-like, converting trusted player is solid.

42. ISO #342

43. ISO #343

44. ISO #344

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Wilder Wastelander View Post
    Agreed.

No reason for mafia to attack "confirmed" town.

Doctor/Lookout or similar roles probably in game.

But if scum faction is cult-like, converting trusted player is solid.
    Irgh yes cult.
    Lets agree on smth mechanic wise
    2 killing factions are impossible in a 11p setup
    1 scum faction +1 cult faction is kinda too deadly
    Lag spent much time on this game, she doesnt want it to end in 3 days
    Soo either scum or cultism? Is that true

45. ISO #345

46. ISO #346

Irgh yes cult.
    Lets agree on smth mechanic wise
    2 killing factions are impossible in a 11p setup
    1 scum faction +1 cult faction is kinda too deadly
    Lag spent much time on this game, she doesnt want it to end in 3 days
    Soo either scum or cultism? Is that true
    Fair point. I think there's a world where there is no real non-town faction but rather multiple standalone players. This is made more likely IMO because of the (alleged) abundance of extra chats hinted at by Silent (Night), meaning that multiple players that share untowny goals but no "regular" night chat could still potentially coordinate.

47. ISO #347

Fair point. I think there's a world where there is no real non-town faction but rather multiple standalone players. This is made more likely IMO because of the (alleged) abundance of extra chats hinted at by Silent (Night), meaning that multiple players that share untowny goals but no "regular" night chat could still potentially coordinate.
    My pm mentions the existence of factional chats
    No thats not me open wolfing

48. ISO #348

49. ISO #349

50. ISO #350