S-FM 337: Play at Your Own Risk - Page 15
Register

User Tag List

Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #701

Re: S-FM 337: Play at Your Own Risk

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Once Upon a Town View Post
    What style of play are you referring to ?

How sure are you about Silent Night & All Stars being scum, respectively ? Preferably a numerical answer. From my POV you are adamant that they are scum with so little evidence that it comes down mainly to gut instinct/interpretation. I dont think you're scum, but you're not really acting like town either.

Getting aggressive under pressure is understandable, but you are getting more and more passive-aggressive, not conflicting with anyone in particular but simply criticizing everyone more or less subtly :
    Spoiler : agressive quotes :

There is no reason for town to do that, as that doesnt help their case, quite the opposite in fact. Are you really that frustrated about the alleged incomprehension between you & apparently everyone else ?
    Are there things you (or anyone, might as well) are forbidden from communicating us ?
    I am rapidly losing interest in this game in this community.

Half of you are spamming this fruit bullshit and other non-game stuff.

One of you randomly attacked everyone in a row for no reason, and as soon as I pointed out this, he immediately declared me as scum and now trying to lynch me at all costs.

Does this raise suspicion among others? No, they're just happy to join.

The other two just voted for the company for me for no reason.

And you call it a train. Is this funny? Some local meme? Is this the real goal of the game: to pick someone for no reason and lynch him for fun d1?

Once again, I point out that no one has named ANY real reason to suspect me. Except that everyone suspects everyone.

And, most importantly, no one is interested in actually looking for scums.

This is a weak town and I'm pretty sure it will lose this game.

Mafia will do whatever it wants with this town.

Okey, you will lynch me for no reason and make sure I'm right.

One TPR less for you.

Is that your real goal?

2. ISO #702

3. ISO #703

4. ISO #704

5. ISO #705

6. ISO #706

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Last Hope View Post
    I would think calling the town "stupid" doesn't feel like the best way to convince their voters to go for someone else.
    I'm not trying to "convince their voters to go for someone else".

I just say it as it is.

Town gives the impression of being stupid and unable to play this game.

And I'm afraid that even if then am lynched and flip town, it will not add brains to the city.

Mafia will target someone else randomly and you will join "train" again.

7. ISO #707

8. ISO #708

9. ISO #709

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Wilder Wastelander View Post
    I'm not trying to "convince their voters to go for someone else".

I just say it as it is.

Town gives the impression of being stupid and unable to play this game.

And I'm afraid that even if then am lynched and flip town, it will not add brains to the city.

Mafia will target someone else randomly and you will join "train" again.
    Alright I'm aware that you think All Stars is scum. That's up to you.
    Still, unless there is some big change in thread consensus that All Stars is scum, then I don't think their train is going to take off.
    In case you get flipped, do you have a legacy outside of All Stars being scum?
    This is for if you're town.

10. ISO #710

11. ISO #711

Is this how you usually play?

Just lynch someone at random and see what happens?
    Tbf, D1 lynches tend to be random as the town doesn't have a lot of info to start with.
    One important way the town gets info is by creating trains and flipping them.

12. ISO #712

Alright I'm aware that you think All Stars is scum. That's up to you.
    Still, unless there is some big change in thread consensus that All Stars is scum, then I don't think their train is going to take off.
    In case you get flipped, do you have a legacy outside of All Stars being scum?
    This is for if you're town.
    Have you read any post from me in this game? Except the last few on this page?

Actually not, you just vote against me without any reason or explanation

You asking me about "legacy" you already have if you have read my posts.

13. ISO #713

14. ISO #714

Tbf, D1 lynches tend to be random as the town doesn't have a lot of info to start with.
    One important way the town gets info is by creating trains and flipping them.
    TPR claim in one hand.

A fool/scum who accidentally attacks everyone in a row with no reason in the other hand.

Pack of fruit spammers, not interested in game result in the third hand (let use have one more?).

You voted TRP claim.

Explain?

15. ISO #715

Have you read any post from me in this game? Except the last few on this page?

Actually not, you just vote against me without any reason or explanation

You asking me about "legacy" you already have if you have read my posts.
    As I said before, your flip isn't set in stone. Heck I'm talking with you right now.
    If I had you as lock scum, I wouldn't be bothering to engage with you. Yet that's what I'm doing.

16. ISO #716

TPR claim in one hand.

A fool/scum who accidentally attacks everyone in a row with no reason in the other hand.

Pack of fruit spammers, not interested in game result in the third hand (let use have one more?).

You voted TRP claim.

Explain?
    Alright if you want to know why I voted you, I felt you were the least likely to be town out of all of the players who have posted so far today.
    It felt to me that you weren't interested in finding scum.
    As for your claim, I think that in a setup like this it's NAI.
    Still there's 11+ hours before end of day. That should be enough time to convince your voters to move off you if you're town.

17. ISO #717

18. ISO #718

Okey, Gravity Falls, the most trusted person from my POV, voted Looney.

Should I just join the "train" for that reason?

It's the terrible way you playing, aren't you?
    Probably not, unless you have similar reasons to scum read them as your town reads/leans.
    Like it or not, someone gets eliminated D1. It's one way to get information on player alignments.

19. ISO #719

Alright if you want to know why I voted you, I felt you were the least likely to be town out of all of the players who have posted so far today.
    "felt". Solid "reasoning".

It felt to me that you weren't interested in finding scum.
    Lie.

I was the first to publish my soft readlist.

if I wasn't interested in finding the bastards, I would be spamming fruit bullshit with everyone else.

As for your claim, I think that in a setup like this it's NAI.
    Yes. Maybe it's just a vet bait. Or am I just calling mafia fire on myself for some reason only I know. Or I am neutral and I just want to survive d1 with fake claim. Or I am scum and I just want to survive with fake claim.

Well, last option is bad, because if I lied, Gravity Falls can easily check me and reveal me as scum. And REAL protective will save him from my attack.

Still there's 11+ hours before end of day. That should be enough time to convince your voters to move off you if you're town.
    "if you're town", lol.

20. ISO #720

21. ISO #721

Spoiler : wastelanders wall :
    I am rapidly losing interest in this game in this community.

Half of you are spamming this fruit bullshit and other non-game stuff.

One of you randomly attacked everyone in a row for no reason, and as soon as I pointed out this, he immediately declared me as scum and now trying to lynch me at all costs.

Does this raise suspicion among others? No, they're just happy to join.

The other two just voted for the company for me for no reason.

And you call it a train. Is this funny? Some local meme? Is this the real goal of the game: to pick someone for no reason and lynch him for fun d1?

Once again, I point out that no one has named ANY real reason to suspect me. Except that everyone suspects everyone.

And, most importantly, no one is interested in actually looking for scums.

This is a weak town and I'm pretty sure it will lose this game.

Mafia will do whatever it wants with this town.

Okey, you will lynch me for no reason and make sure I'm right.

One TPR less for you.

Is that your real goal?

There are two spammers : Souls & Matrix.
    Matrix is also responsible for the fruity buisness.
    Matrix is also the one that accused like 4 people in a row. Contrary to your affirmation, it does raise suspicion. Mine at least, but it is true i have not voiced it yet (because i still havent posted a reads list, it went out of my head).
    It is customary here to call "trains" those with the most votes on them.
    What are you calling "real" reasons ? What else could there be on day 1 ? The reasons All Stars has mentioned seem reasonable to me. I think he's wrong, but it seems reasonable. More than your logic on Silent Night in my eyes.
    You're probably true on the weak town, considering the lack of activity early on...

22. ISO #722

It's one way to get information on player alignments.
    Are you serious?

Cop's night action is the only way to get information on player alignments. REAL information.

Ez Example. I was lynched and flip bodyguard. What "information" does it give you, except that now you have one bodyguard less?

23. ISO #723

24. ISO #724

TPR claim in one hand.

You voted TRP claim.

Explain?
    the TPR part is irrelevant : this is a bastard setup, meaning everyone is probably a power role. Perhaps even powerS role.

25. ISO #725

Are you serious?

Cop's night action is the only way to get information on player alignments. REAL information.

Ez Example. I was lynched and flip bodyguard. What "information" does it give you, except that now you have one bodyguard less?
    Not every setup has cops in it. Ever heard of mountainous? That has no power roles, only vanilla roles.
    In the hypothetical world where you flip town bodyguard, the town would have info on all the players who decided to vote you out and there would probably be one scum on you, the rest off wagon to make themselves look better with your flip.

26. ISO #726

You just randomed another person with no reason.
    I already said that Bisected Souls has a decent chance to flip scum, so it's inaccurate to say I had no reason to vote them.
    That and having a counter train helps with vote count analysis.
    Am I right in thinking you're new to playing Forum Mafia?
    Don't out your main ofc.

27. ISO #727

28. ISO #728

Are you serious?

1) we do not know if we have a cop, Gravity said it was a n0 check only.
    2) we do not have a red check now, yet we must lynch. What should be base that decision on according to you ? You seem to despise "our way", offer an alternative.
    3) You flipping town BG would give more impact to what you said, and we could also reflect on who voted you and when.

29. ISO #729

30. ISO #730

To be honest, All Stars looks more like Exe to me at the moment.

His "readlist" is "lynch Wilder at all costs" and nothing more.

But pretending to be exe is my own favorite scum strategy.
    i kinda agree that it feels like he holds too much of a grudge on you, i'm really interested to see what he'll have to say about the current discussion.

31. ISO #731

That is not the reasoning. EVERYONE has a chance to flip scum. Any solid reason?
    We cant have rock-solid evidence. Not Day 1. His reason is that he feels that Souls has contributed fuck all to the discussion, whereas a town would like to contribute and make us all move forward. Whether that seems "solid" enough for you, that's another question. I reiterate : what else would you have us base our votes on ?

32. ISO #732

33. ISO #733

That is not the reasoning. EVERYONE has a chance to flip scum. Any solid reason?
    I feel that if no matter what reason I give you, you're going to say it isn't good enough.
    Alright if that's what you feel about it, that's your perogative.
    Yet I like to see you offer up alternatives to how we should play, rather than complain how bad the town is for daring to vote you.

34. ISO #734

3) You flipping town BG would give more impact to what you said, and we could also reflect on who voted you and when.
    I may be sincerely mistaken in calling All Stars a scum. As, incidentally, he can be sincerely mistaken about me. So if I flip BG you will just vote All Stars for pushing me? What CAN be bad idea.

35. ISO #735

I may be sincerely mistaken in calling All Stars a scum. As, incidentally, he can be sincerely mistaken about me. So if I flip BG you will just vote All Stars for pushing me? What CAN be bad idea.
    Okay you need to stop assuming we're stupid right now, because that's not gonna get us anywhere. Look at my wording, that's NOT what i said. I worded it that way specifically so you wouldnt think that voting whoever pushed you would be automatic, because it's not : we're not that fucking stupid.

36. ISO #736

I feel that if no matter what reason I give you, you're going to say it isn't good enough.
    Not really. For example: Matrix spams a lot and just disturbing the discussion -> Scums are interested in disturbing the discussion -> Matrix is scum.

Reasonable for me. But "you can flip scum" is not. Everyone can. It's not the reason itself.

37. ISO #737

Not really. For example: Matrix spams a lot and just disturbing the discussion -> Scums are interested in disturbing the discussion -> Matrix is scum.

Reasonable for me. But "you can flip scum" is not. Everyone can. It's not the reason itself.
    the same can (and will) be said about Souls. Heck, he even said it himself.

38. ISO #738

Quote Originally Posted by FM-All Stars View Post
    Reads in order:
    Pro Town Box:
    All Stars
    Last Hope
    Silent Night
    Matrix6
    Once Upon a Town

Self Resolving Box:
    Gravity Falls
    Mid-Atlantic

Null Box:
    Politico
    Looney Toons

Scummy Box:
    Bisected Souls
    Wilder Wastelander

I really like Last Hope and Silent Night, they're contributing to town discussion and are poking and prodding other players.
    Matrix seems like bored town.
    Once Upon a Town is my weakest town read at the moment, call it hunch that they're towny for now.
    Gravity and Mid-Atlantic are mechanically linked, and knowing what one flips will likely solve the other.
    No strong read on Politico at the moment.
    I want to hear more from Looney Toons.
    I don't like Bisected at the moment, I put them in the scummy box because all the joking around and voting host is really putting me off this late into D1, low substance per post ratio, don't see any scum hunting from this slot at all.
    I've gone on and on about Wilder, but as a refresher I think their claim is wack, their reasoning is wack, their reads list is totally wack, and their OMGUS vote is wack.
    It has to do with stealing the fruit vendor role, the general banter in the first half of D1, the light amount of troll, and I think the gambit helped to generate a bit of discussion in a lull in day activity. I expect the slot to do more D2.
    Lets compare the reasons stated by all-Star why he likes matrix and why he scumreads me
    Reasons why im Scum Reasons why Matrix is bored town
    doesnt take fruit vendor abilities due to inactivity on SOD takes fruit vender ability as noone else read the set up (taking the abilities is NAI btw-its just a race on who notices first)
    low substance of posts general banter in the first half of d1
    votes the host in a bastard game in rvs stage does a gambit (which failed and gained no information?!)
    joking around light amount of troll

Looks Like there is almost no difference between me and Matrix, yet you Scumread me and see him as "bored town"
    146808585be1c37bf8c3104aa2222722.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Silent Night View Post
    I only think what the gambit did is AI to the person doing it if it was intended. I kinda got the vibe they just did that. But between Loony and Bisected which one do you feel I should shift to and why? Or should I say fuck it and self vote while advocating to make myself some monies?
    the kind question interaction, often seen between scum mates

I don't think Matrix is the best second train to make.
    I'd rather have it be bisected or toons if we're going to decide between a second train and wilder.
    uh oh. the town LEADER speaking up?!

I suppose I will not be getting an answer tonight.

-vote FM-Matrix6

I feel like the gambit was not well prepared or thought through. But that does not necessarily make it AI. Until I get a response what I think is AI is the jump to Loony Toons and 'Ah ha! I cotcha' attitude without reasoning. Slightly opportunistic.

While I don't have strong reason to push Matrix past not asking me questions to generate information from their gambit I would like to leave my vote here to open the door for pressure going into EOD. If tonight goes like last night did there won't be much progress. If anyone wants to kick around some ideas or talk about players I will poke in and out for a few hours and I will try to be back on before days end. The time is not the best for me.
    huh? you just stated on your own some reason why you scumread them, you see them being opportunistic. But yet...

That is fair.

My issue with reading them is also because everything has been a joke. The aspects I would be more aggressive on I discounted because everything said has been a joke. If we can pressure them a bit it may be a step forward.

-vote FM-Bisected Souls

I will go back here for a bit. I do have the intention of waking up early enough to be active at EOD but we will see what happens.

For what it matters I need 3 votes today to buy and use a vest. 2 more given I can self vote and earn from it. It changes in cost over time and other things cost ratios of currency.
    Gave it some thought. I am not good with making an argument to push someone. Its what I do when I am evil.

I am fine with it when I am active in a thread and pushing someone or applying pressure that I can walk back afterwards but I don't like doing it and then putting it in the hands of whoever is around for EoD. I would potentially be putting the day chat equivalent of a gun in the hands of scum to curve a lynch.

On the other hand something I feel could be productive is simple.
    @FM-Bisected Souls
    Could you give some straightforward reads on players so we can understand your thoughts? Your interactions leave a lot of questions but everything is just a joke so nothing can be held to you.
    a pressure vote, eh? making me the 2nd top wagon, eh? well i think you are getting what you wanted, dont you?
    i AM the question.

Ideally though the 2nd train would be someone that a majority of people scum read, (duh) so I'd hope that you'd help form a second train organically with the rest of town.
    ahh, the guy who goes for the "safe and easy lynch"
    oh no. oh-no-startrek.jpg that was WILDERER! I misstook you with wilderer, you say the same things!
    Reads in order:
    Pro Town Box:
    All Stars
    Last Hope
    Silent Night
    Matrix6
    Once Upon a Town

Self Resolving Box:
    Gravity Falls
    Mid-Atlantic

Null Box:
    Politico
    Looney Toons

Scummy Box:
    Bisected Souls
    Wilder Wastelander

I really like Last Hope and Silent Night, they're contributing to town discussion and are poking and prodding other players.
    Matrix seems like bored town.
    Once Upon a Town is my weakest town read at the moment, call it hunch that they're towny for now.
    Gravity and Mid-Atlantic are mechanically linked, and knowing what one flips will likely solve the other.
    No strong read on Politico at the moment.
    I want to hear more from Looney Toons.
    I don't like Bisected at the moment, I put them in the scummy box because all the joking around and voting host is really putting me off this late into D1, low substance per post ratio, don't see any scum hunting from this slot at all.
    I've gone on and on about Wilder, but as a refresher I think their claim is wack, their reasoning is wack, their reads list is totally wack, and their OMGUS vote is wack.
    It has to do with stealing the fruit vendor role, the general banter in the first half of D1, the light amount of troll, and I think the gambit helped to generate a bit of discussion in a lull in day activity. I expect the slot to do more D2.
    I only think what the gambit did is AI to the person doing it if it was intended. I kinda got the vibe they just did that. But between Loony and Bisected which one do you feel I should shift to and why? Or should I say fuck it and self vote while advocating to make myself some monies?
    I don't think Matrix is the best second train to make.
    I'd rather have it be bisected or toons if we're going to decide between a second train and wilder.
    I suppose I will not be getting an answer tonight.

-vote FM-Matrix6

I feel like the gambit was not well prepared or thought through. But that does not necessarily make it AI. Until I get a response what I think is AI is the jump to Loony Toons and 'Ah ha! I cotcha' attitude without reasoning. Slightly opportunistic.

While I don't have strong reason to push Matrix past not asking me questions to generate information from their gambit I would like to leave my vote here to open the door for pressure going into EOD. If tonight goes like last night did there won't be much progress. If anyone wants to kick around some ideas or talk about players I will poke in and out for a few hours and I will try to be back on before days end. The time is not the best for me.
    Ideally though the 2nd train would be someone that a majority of people scum read, (duh) so I'd hope that you'd help form a second train organically with the rest of town.
    That is fair.

My issue with reading them is also because everything has been a joke. The aspects I would be more aggressive on I discounted because everything said has been a joke. If we can pressure them a bit it may be a step forward.

-vote FM-Bisected Souls

I will go back here for a bit. I do have the intention of waking up early enough to be active at EOD but we will see what happens.

For what it matters I need 3 votes today to buy and use a vest. 2 more given I can self vote and earn from it. It changes in cost over time and other things cost ratios of currency.
    You are safest and easiest lynch.
    "i am going for the consensus lynch!!1!"
    you just said the same thing your main suspect does! you are doing the same that you scumread others on!
    double standarts seem to be your best friend. second infraction in 1 day!

39. ISO #739

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Bisected Souls View Post
    Lets compare the reasons stated by all-Star why he likes matrix and why he scumreads me
    Reasons why im Scum Reasons why Matrix is bored town
    doesnt take fruit vendor abilities due to inactivity on SOD takes fruit vender ability as noone else read the set up (taking the abilities is NAI btw-its just a race on who notices first)
    low substance of posts general banter in the first half of d1
    votes the host in a bastard game in rvs stage does a gambit (which failed and gained no information?!)
    joking around light amount of troll

Looks Like there is almost no difference between me and Matrix, yet you Scumread me and see him as "bored town"
    146808585be1c37bf8c3104aa2222722.jpg

the kind question interaction, often seen between scum mates

uh oh. the town LEADER speaking up?!

huh? you just stated on your own some reason why you scumread them, you see them being opportunistic. But yet...

a pressure vote, eh? making me the 2nd top wagon, eh? well i think you are getting what you wanted, dont you?
    i AM the question.

ahh, the guy who goes for the "safe and easy lynch"
    oh no. oh-no-startrek.jpg that was WILDERER! I misstook you with wilderer, you say the same things!

"i am going for the consensus lynch!!1!"
    you just said the same thing your main suspect does! you are doing the same that you scumread others on!
    double standarts seem to be your best friend. second infraction in 1 day!
    wrap your walls in spoilers so you wont clutter the thread, thanks

40. ISO #740

41. ISO #741

I mean if that's your reason to think Matrix is scum, then sure I can see a world where I'm wrong on them being town if I'm convinced.
    Yet if you want people to listen to you, calling them stupid isn't the way to go about it.

42. ISO #742

43. ISO #743

44. ISO #744

If I didn't mention it before I requested my name to be butt blaster. I was told no though.

My hope is that before the end of this game that changes and Lag changes their ways to be as corrupted as we want our admins.
    Corrupted? What corrupted?
    Also sry for no multiquote. I just tried it and it went out of the roof breaking the matrix

45. ISO #745

But that description feels very close to what matrix has been doing... Why is it scummy for one and "okay bored town" for the other ? Esp since there are people that you townread less than matrix, meaning you are quite confident about matrix being town for the same reason that bisected is scum ?
    Both of them angered me with their fluffy spammy posts, ghost has had some seriously solvy moments but matrix's ideal spot is about as wacky as Wastelander's IMO.

Idk i have towny vibes from the slot, but i have to agree it doesnt make sense... Something's off[/QUOTE]

Exactly my thoughts!
    We mindmelded except for the wilderer part, kinda
    I tjink wilder is just , eh , lost

46. ISO #746

I mean if that's your reason to think Matrix is scum, then sure I can see a world where I'm wrong on them being town if I'm convinced.
    Hm. Okey.

Yet if you want people to listen to you, calling them stupid isn't the way to go about it.
    No, I don't want to be the leader of the town.
    Especially the leader of the stupid town

I have a lot of reasons to call our town stupid. Annoying fruit spam, for example.

Well, need to go for now. I'll be back later.
    (In case someone else says I'm "disappearing" again. I have real life, sorry.)

47. ISO #747

48. ISO #748

FM-Last Hope (1 [L-5]):
    FM-Once Upon a Town
    FM-Wilder Wastelander (2 [L-4]):
    FM-All Stars, FM-Last Hope
    FM-Looney Toons (2 [L-4]):
    FM-Gravity Falls, FM-Matrix6
    FM-All Stars (1 [L-5]):
    FM-Wilder Wastelander
    FM-Bisected Souls (1 [L-5]):
    FM-Silent Night
    FM-Matrix6 (1 [L-5]):
    FM-Looney Toons

The train formation tells me that town isn't united on who should eliminated as of now. Personally the only trains that have a significant chance of flipping a scum are Wilder, Bisected Souls and maybe Looney Toons.
    Still, I'll want to back read in case i missed anything.
    Ugh ogh i am getting targeted
    Time to boot up the double measurement module for my upcoming reads list

49. ISO #749

50. ISO #750