If you try to google the meaning of any neopronoun that you know and if your googling skills are same as mine, then chances are you'll only find that it's nothing more than a synonym for they/them.

This may give some insight into the purpose of neopronouns:
“It’s different for everyone,” Finch says. “For two years I used ‘ze’ and ‘hir’ pronouns, and it’s kind of a process of trying them out and having other people try them out to see how it feels and sounds.” (Finch now primarily identifies as “he” and “him.”)

The common sentiment for having different options for your pronoun to choose from is something like this:
Words that in a way function as a marker of some part of one's identity, it does matter that people should find those they can feel comfortable with.

I'm all for people feeling better. But why would a synonym of the same word feel any different? Same meaning, different sound. What's the purpose?

I don't care what people decide to call themselves, but except it creates problems doesn't it? If I want to talk about Marshmallow Marshall and not say that long name every time - I have to go ask him his preferred pronoun first. Assuming I know his name in the first place.

What I want to understand is - how are neopronouns worth anything? What am I missing?
I myself wanted to learn about this stuff, but I can't help and conclude that neopronouns add problems for no benefit that I can see.