Quote Originally Posted by Gikkle View Post
You know, there is actually a pretty good reason not to say the tokens now or ever, but I can't exactly explain it
Lag kind of messed it up anyway, not sure if on purpose or a genuine oversight, but *shrug*
I think I know what you're talking about, but IMO there's just enough uncertainty in that strategy that makes it "good on paper, bad in practice"

Quote Originally Posted by Gikkle View Post
The whole entire point of controlling who gets the tokens, as far as I understand it, is to prevent scum from just giving it to each other without being held accountable. However, this does not require someone to say THIS day phase who they are giving it to; they could say it NEXT day phase and it would still achieve our goals. That is, if scum are giving it to their partners, we'll know about it. It doesn't matter if they let us know before the fact or after the fact. As long as we know who has tokens and how many, our goal of making sure scum can't just give to each other succeeds, and they can't kill without us knowing about it.
Also this is the kind of quality ideation I like to see, I thought it would be more beneficial to claim tokens the day before because it
1) Provides more discussion points, earlier
2) Allows better token sending coordination
3) Removes uncertainty surrounding where dead slots sent their tokens

But given how it'll be like pulling teeth to get people to actually claim the day before, claiming the day after is almost as good