Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
Ahh, those Google numbers are heavily misleading.
This weekly updated statistic says that: "For over 5% of these deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned on the death certificate. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 4.0 additional conditions or causes per death."

For every 100 deaths by COVID-19, only 5 are caused solely by the virus. The other 95 have had other health conditions in addition, with an average of 4 additionals.

Looking at Causes of death and comorbidities in hospitalized patients with COVID-19 (Comorbidity is "the presence of one or more additional conditions often co-occurring with a primary condition."
The common additional health conditions upon dying from COVID-19 seem to be such as these:
I will just paste the first 10 patients off the table:

Case1: Active smoking, COPD, HIV-infection, obesity, ventricular fibrillation
Case2: Diabetes II, heart failure, hypertension, obesity, OSAS
Case3: Asthma, COPD, hypertension, mesenterial infarction
Case4: Asthma, atrial fibrillation, hypertension, sinus node arrest
Case5: Hypertension, ischaemic heart disease, obesity, OSAS
Case6: Atrial fibrillation, chronic renal failure, COPD, dementia, hypertension, ischaemic heart disease, liver cirrhosis
Case7: Hemiplegia, pulmonary embolism
Case8: Dementia, diabetes II, hypertension, ischaemic heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis, stroke
Case9: Alcohol abuse, heart failure, obesity
Case10: Active smoking, atrial fibrillation, heart failure, hypertension, ischaemic heart failure, obesity

Now, assuming that the statistics that google gave me that I mentioned in my previous post include every death that includes COVID-19 as a cause - I feel like I want to reduce that ratio to 5% of it's size, because if it included all the Comorbidity cases with an average of 4 additional symptoms and those symptoms are such that I listed; that's like being surprised a 90 y/o dying after getting sick tbh.

Got this idea to look for comorbidities in this podcast. That's a sad podcast tbh, because the podcaster looks more informed than the Doctor.(?)
The entire comment section seem to be against COVID-19 vaccines. I guess influencers really are influencing, lol.
At the end of the day I'm more afraid of a virus that we know nothing about the long-term effects of than a vaccine that was developed by groups of people that are presumably far more intelligent than me or at the very least far more educated in the subject matter. Just look at herpes - causes all sorts of health problems far past the initial infection (various cancers, syndromes, etc.). Shingles from chickenpox would be a more well-known comparison. Covid has been linked to presumed permanent cognitive decline, loss of vision, taste, etc. Viruses are insanely varied and complex.