S-FM 318: Super Basic Redemption (9P) - Page 5
Register

User Tag List

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #201

2. ISO #202

Re: Super Basic Redemption

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM PowersThatBe View Post
    Its TMI because you implied AIVION wasnt tryharding and that you were townreading them for that exact reason. However AIVION did try pretty hard :P
    I didn't say they were not tryharding, and I did not say I was town reading Aivion. I still don't understand where the too much information was in my post.

3. ISO #203

4. ISO #204

So do I! In Human Relations! I know how to talk to people and engage in communication! It shows right?
    What pressure? All I see is someone scumreading for a reason they change between two posts and someone telling me I may be an idiot. The only pressure I feel is the pressure to live up to my outstanding legacy!
    PTB is my first real townread. He's being "pressured" (more like insulted and called scum) a lot and truly reacts like a strong alpha squirrel. He doesn't care and keeps acting like his natural self.
    NOTE: This read is perishable and may rot if PTB doesn't participate in more serious matters later on. Store in a cool, dry place.

5. ISO #205

-vote S-FM Magoroth
    @S-FM Distorted , put your vote back or crocodile dundee > u.
    S-FM Distorted, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I can't read this! So I can't do it, sorry

6. ISO #206

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Stealthbomber16 View Post
    I didn't say they were not tryharding, and I did not say I was town reading Aivion. I still don't understand where the too much information was in my post.
    you said aivion was the only one you liked, and said everyone else was tryharding. And its TMI because you townread them for things that others you scumread them for. That is scum not being able to make up fake reasons to townread someone.

7. ISO #207

8. ISO #208

Aight so time to drop out of character. We should discuss the setup to break this weird awkward RVS where we just roleplay aa each other. Brb
    Also good and very much valid, those who did not want to get out of that extremely weak and awkward situation and kept going in that way after this post look rather bad.
    *jumps in PTB's pocket*

Looking at MM (what is this push for ".',"asking for a friend",'." at PTB about??) and yzb right now (come on, yzb... talking about robot Jesus in Matrix? anything else?)

9. ISO #209

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM AIVION View Post
    Current Vote List

TOWNLEAN
    Mag
    Aivion
    Yzb
    MM
    STEALTHBOMBER

SCUMLEAN
    Light Yagami IMPOSTER WEEB
    PTB too paranoid to much projection
    Distorted saying things that look like they make sense but don't stand up to any scrutiny (SEE POST 66)
    Projection... of what? Shitposts trying to look like arguments to scumread him?
    aah yes, my compelling case against you. here's a link if you want https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...l=1#post909098

this list better be a joke lol

10. ISO #210

11. ISO #211

12. ISO #212

you said aivion was the only one you liked, and said everyone else was tryharding. And its TMI because you townread them for things that others you scumread them for. That is scum not being able to make up fake reasons to townread someone.
    Where in my post did I say Aivion was not try harding or I said I town read Aivion? Maybe you should go learn to read instead of making assumptions.

13. ISO #213

14. ISO #214

15. ISO #215

16. ISO #216

17. ISO #217

18. ISO #218

19. ISO #219

20. ISO #220

21. ISO #221

Where in my post did I say Aivion was not try harding or I said I town read Aivion? Maybe you should go learn to read instead of making assumptions.
    You didnt have to. You implied AIVION was not try harding by stating you liked them and that everyone else was tryharding too much. By the laws of conversational implicature (which state that all pieces of information have to be relevant to the conversation), you provided two pieces of information that arent directly related to one another. Thus, the conclusion I derive is that you a) didnt think AIVION was tryharding (at least, enough for you not to ‘dislike them’), and that given that tryharding is generally seen as scummy by people you implicitly townread them as well. Maybe stop doublimg down on your stance from now on, huh? :P

22. ISO #222

23. ISO #223

24. ISO #224

25. ISO #225

26. ISO #226

You didnt have to. You implied AIVION was not try harding by stating you liked them and that everyone else was tryharding too much. By the laws of conversational implicature (which state that all pieces of information have to be relevant to the conversation), you provided two pieces of information that arent directly related to one another. Thus, the conclusion I derive is that you a) didnt think AIVION was tryharding (at least, enough for you not to ‘dislike them’), and that given that tryharding is generally seen as scummy by people you implicitly townread them as well. Maybe stop doublimg down on your stance from now on, huh? :P
    How do you make stuff up like this LMAO

I never said tryhard = scum and like = town read. I've never seen anyone say tryharding is a scum tell in any game of mafia I've played, nor do I give a shit if anyone has. This game is anon so there is no meta.

You just keep making yourself look more like an ass the more you post. Your conclusions are based on incorrect assumptions. You even just backpedaled in your own post on one of your assumptions. Just go a bit further and backpedal on the rest.

27. ISO #227

I never said tryhard = scum and like = town read. I've never seen anyone say tryharding is a scum tell in any game of mafia I've played, nor do I give a shit if anyone has. This game is anon so there is no meta.

You just keep making yourself look more like an ass the more you post. Your conclusions are based on incorrect assumptions. You even just backpedaled in your own post on one of your assumptions. Just go a bit further and backpedal on the rest.

28. ISO #228

https://www.encyclopedia.com/humanit...al-implicature
    I strongly suspect that by doing this I am just launching into a huge pissing match with you...
    but w/e lets hope im wrong:
    you dont need to specifically say that. it was implied by your post.
    you said you liked AIVION (which can either mean you like their play or something about them) or that you townread them. then further said everyone is else is tryharding too much. now by stating this you are implying that AIVION isnt tryharding as much as everyone else was. you did say ‘too much’, so i’ll grant you that you didnt say that AIVION wasnt tryharding, but its still implied that he tryharded at ‘acceptable’ levels. which brings us back to square one.

as for the rest of your post, the only one making themselves look like an ass here is you for doubling back on a stance like this and not giving any credence to implications and too much to mere logic.

29. ISO #229

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Magoroth View Post
    Is that in order, or just two groups?
    Just two groups!

PTR = Pown Tower Role?
    Power.... Town... Role... SHUT UP lol

It was late

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Distorted View Post
    It's precisely as serious as the posts before it.

30. ISO #230

I strongly suspect that by doing this I am just launching into a huge pissing match with you...
    you said you liked AIVION (which can either mean you like their play or something about them) or that you townread them. then further said everyone is else is tryharding too much. now by stating this you are implying that AIVION isnt tryharding as much as everyone else was. you did say ‘too much’, so i’ll grant you that you didnt say that AIVION wasnt tryharding, but its still implied that he tryharded at ‘acceptable’ levels. which brings us back to square one.

as for the rest of your post, the only one making themselves look like an ass here is you for doubling back on a stance like this and not giving any credence to implications and too much to mere logic.
    You both look like asses from where I'm sitting. This is purely a penis measurement contest and I'm not sure it serves to further town's win condition.

31. ISO #231

32. ISO #232

You both look like asses from where I'm sitting. This is purely a penis measurement contest and I'm not sure it serves to further town's win condition.
    Very cool contribution Aivion. You are so helpful. /s

That's what happens when someone assumes, and why I've stopped responding on that subject matter.

33. ISO #233

34. ISO #234

35. ISO #235

36. ISO #236

This looks like a standard setup with one consort and one sheriff. I cannot stress this enough, but the TPR should not reveal themselves early at all. As far as I can tell since its a 7v2, assuming we lynch every day (which we should, at least on D1), its
    7v2 -> 5v2 -> 3v2 MyLo by d3. Looks pretty townsided considering the Sheriff. @Mike what happens if the Goon dies? Does the Consort turn into a goon? Are both of them able to carry put the factional nightkill? Can the Consort, if alone, botb a) roleblock someone and b) kill at night (simulatenously)?
    *serious hat on* I want an explanation for this. Looks like you read the setup but then asked questions that were answered in the setup. Your posts thus far suggest tryhard but tryhards thoroughly read the setup, including rolecards.

Did you ask these already answered questions in day chat to win town points?

37. ISO #237

*serious hat on* I want an explanation for this. Looks like you read the setup but then asked questions that were answered in the setup. Your posts thus far suggest tryhard but tryhards thoroughly read the setup, including rolecards.

Or are you just trying to seem tryhard without actually trying hard?

38. ISO #238

Oh My God..

39. ISO #239

I did have a look at the setup and saw there were no rolecards - Hence I posed questions to the host to clear the erm, huge ambiguities in the setup. There is little setup information available. Ym

40. ISO #240

41. ISO #241

I did have a look at the setup and saw there were no rolecards - Hence I posed questions to the host to clear the erm, huge ambiguities in the setup. There is little setup information available. Ym
    Im trying pretty hard atm you filthy Anime weeb :P
    Click setup link and then click the spoiler. Your questions are answered there. That's pretty standard fare for trying to understand the setup.

42. ISO #242

Very cool contribution Aivion. You are so helpful. /s

That's what happens when someone assumes, and why I've stopped responding on that subject matter.
    Assumptions are we have to go off in Mafia. If you take everythint at face value you let the scum get away. Hence why you have to make assumptions. :P

43. ISO #243

Click setup link and then click the spoiler. Your questions are answered there. That's pretty standard fare for trying to understand the setup.
    Oh lol i missed that spoiler. Usually theres separate spoilers/quotes for every rolecard ect, you dont usually see all info condensed into one packet. :P

44. ISO #244

I will always attack people trying to insert their own ego into the game. Regardless of whether they are town trying to derail someone else’s scumhunting is antitown. If someone is pushing you let them get what they want - dont put your foot in the door. It just makes people tunnel you even harder.

45. ISO #245

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Distorted View Post
    Projection... of what? Shitposts trying to look like arguments to scumread him?
    aah yes, my compelling case against you. here's a link if you want https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...l=1#post909098

I like your posts but i have a slight worry you’re trying to pocket me. You seem rather confident of my alignment rather early on, and are defending me right out of the gate.

46. ISO #246

What I usually do with my early game scumreads is push them a little and often put them in this back-of-the-mind scum region for a large part of the game. I dont like getting pocketed and i think most people in general dont. That is why really strong players often get lynched more often as town than as scum - they are so towny as town and so honest people just naturally assume they are concocting a mastee scum plan. I dont feel very good in the presence of unsolicited trust. @S-FM Distorted

47. ISO #247

48. ISO #248

49. ISO #249

I’m pretty mindful of AIVION atm. They are an interesting player for sure and I cannot decide if their pushes are scummy or not.... I believe they are a very atrong player capable of doing what they are doing as scum. If it were any other player (I believe I know who the player behind that account is, as scummy as this is lol), i would be townreading them immediately for their behaviour this game. They are definitely not someone to fuck with and should be kept around for at least 3 days. I feel like their alignment will become clearer as the game goes on... and even as scum they would still advance the game state.

50. ISO #250

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Light_Yagami View Post
    Definition Of Wifom...
    I really dont like the way the idea of WIFOM is used and thought of by players. Far too often WIFOM is used as this catch-all answer for anything you cannot make up your mind about. Instead the player in question initially scumread that post with the reasoning that I was talking to my scum allies, and when I pointed out why that was unlikely to be the case they changed their reason to me trying to get townpoints.