Moderation
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Moderation

Threaded View

1. ISO #11

Re: Moderation

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    For someone who doesnt enjoy giving out punishments you sure do it a lot. Also, I agree hosts need to be more responsible and shit but what you still dont realize is that with such a small community you cant afford to infract/ban people left and right. There was very little overmoderation or moderation if any kind. Most of the staff work was put into growing the community by reaching out to people; stuff peoplr likr SJ are good at. I may have been a little harsh on SJ when I was still staff.

Instead, what staff do now is infract people 24/7 on a site with 10 active players.
    I have things in mind for growing the community and doing fun stuff, background work that you do not see

But it's being put on pause for the duration of the riots, because there's no point in engaging into this as long as things are on fire.

Also, your first sentence is sincerely insulting, especially since you once were staff and saw how we proceeded. And if I may add, you weren't exactly opposing the giving of punishments, so don't be an hypocrite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    I don't think the people on this forum hate the staff. It's just Oberon here making up shit. "Vocal minority" is the term here I think?. And Oberon is extremely vocal, averaging at 10 posts a day since his join date.
    I had a part of this exact thought earlier. It definetly isn't fair to say that "people hate staff". Even those questioning what staff does are, for the most part, simply saying they believe things should be done differently, and that isn't to be put into a "bucket of haters".

However, there is an objection I must put. Saying "oberon is just making up shit" is a bit harsh; having a point of view that goes against staff's isn't necessarily making shit up. And this may be a bit off-topic, but I think this is a big reason why some people aren't following sanitary directions... anyway.
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; November 29th, 2020 at 11:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :