S-FM 305: Spirits II (Ladder Game)
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. ISO #1

S-FM 305: Spirits II (Ladder Game)

DAY 1 OF YOUR SPIRITUAL JOURNEY HAS COMMENCED!

When you were young, you always wanted to go out and explore the world. You lived in your small tribe for basically your entire life. You're an adult now! You want to go out and see the world. There's talk in your tribe of a world outside of your own. A world that bends reality and resides within our very minds and soul. This place is called the Spirit World and it is a magical and exciting place according to those who have been there. You can be anything. Do anything you want. This sounded way too good to you.

One day you packed the essentials and made your way to a mountain far from your Tribe. You decided if there's anyplace that can get you to where you want to go... It's there. One night while making your way towards the mountain, you feel mist forming around you. Your vision blurred and the world became white and ... heavy. You felt yourself slipping... to where you are unsure. All you know is that when you were passing out.. You could of sworn you saw The beady red eyes of what seemed to be a wolf and their pack staring you down...

This vision of the wolves put a chill down your spine as you slowly drifted off... To the great unknown.

Alive:
    @Dark Magician
    @Marshmallow Marshall
    @MartinGG99
    @bakermir
    @Renegade
    @Varcron
    @Frinckles
    @Victor
    @Zedus
    @Auwt
    @Mesk514
    @Mike
    @Thaiax

Dead:
    No one's spirit has passed on just yet!

Link to setup here: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...-Spirits-II%22

with 13 players remaining, it is 7 votes to hammer.

Day 1 Ends August 10th at 12:30 PM EST:
    https://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...=cursive&csz=1
    Last edited by AIVION; August 8th, 2020 at 03:11 PM.

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    If your dear heart is wounded, my wild heart bleeds with yours.

2. ISO #2

Re: S-FM Spirits II (Ongoing)

Day has started! You may now post! I will also edit things as needed as this was a rushed process. Sorry for any possible Errors!

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    If your dear heart is wounded, my wild heart bleeds with yours.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Its almost funny timing tbh because as soon as I die in one game (or am announed dead) then 4 hours later another game that I'm in starts

If only I could pull that off for every game....
    That would be great. So tell me what do you think about this setup?
    Do Not open this spoiler under any condition!!!!!!!
    Spoiler : :
    WHY CANT YOU FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?
    YOU HAVE JUST CAUSED THE END OF ALL MANKIND!!!!!!

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That would be great. So tell me what do you think about this setup?
    Hmmm. I'm honestly not sure if I can put a whole lot of thought into it -- its the most complex setup I've played yet.

I do have some thoughts on possible or plausible wolf play, but I would like to keep those thoughts hidden for the sake of WIFOM.

Or maybe what I'm thinking is painfully obvious, but I'm only one person so IDK ;-;.

I'm still thinking about the setup though.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

9. ISO #9

Hmmm. I'm honestly not sure if I can put a whole lot of thought into it -- its the most complex setup I've played yet.

I do have some thoughts on possible or plausible wolf play, but I would like to keep those thoughts hidden for the sake of WIFOM.

Or maybe what I'm thinking is painfully obvious, but I'm only one person so IDK ;-;.

Oh and I should mention this is the first time I'll be in a game with a 3P (aka Virus), so I may rely on others for their ideas on it rather than mine. I don't know typical 3P play in a FM environment.

Part of what I use for tells sometimes is whether someone is seemingly cooperating or coordinating with someone else as a possible scum tell, but I can't really do that for a 3P.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

Are you the 3rd party?
    We can always try to misyeet me to find out -- virus is immune to day 1 yeet apparently.

But I wouldn't like being used for a misyeet. I think being yeeted on d1 would be a very poor infoyeet.

I'm generally more in favor of being infoyeeted (so long as there's reasonable initial basis for yeet and not infoyeet) as the game progresses for a few reasons:

1. Presumably, the game lasting longer means more towns die. This means that instead of having the 4/13 chance of being not-town on D1, I may have, say, a 3/7 chance of being not-town later.

2. I think yeets on d1 are (usually) info lacking, given my current and last game on MU.

3. Overtime I think infoyeets have more value over time, and so if I'm infoyeeted later then I think the misyeet has more value to the town.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

18. ISO #18

If it hasn't become clear already, its a staple of my play to be open to my own infoyeeting because I subscribe to the school of reasoning behind infoyeets. I think this reasoning often can apply to oneself, and if one infoyeets without considering their own infoyeet I will be very concerned.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

19. ISO #19

We can always try to misyeet me to find out -- virus is immune to day 1 yeet apparently.

But I wouldn't like being used for a misyeet. I think being yeeted on d1 would be a very poor infoyeet.

I'm generally more in favor of being infoyeeted (so long as there's reasonable initial basis for yeet and not infoyeet) as the game progresses for a few reasons:

1. Presumably, the game lasting longer means more towns die. This means that instead of having the 4/13 chance of being not-town on D1, I may have, say, a 3/7 chance of being not-town later.

2. I think yeets on d1 are (usually) info lacking, given my current and last game on MU.

3. Overtime I think infoyeets have more value over time, and so if I'm infoyeeted later then I think the misyeet has more value to the town.
    If it hasn't become clear already, its a staple of my play to be open to my own infoyeeting because I subscribe to the school of reasoning behind infoyeets. I think this reasoning often can apply to oneself, and if one infoyeets without considering their own infoyeet I will be very concerned.
    I like this post feels like coming from a town perspective

I hate this post feels like you are having to justify what you posted in your prior post. Scum points here.

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

20. ISO #20

I like this post feels like coming from a town perspective

I hate this post feels like you are having to justify what you posted in your prior post. Scum points here.
    Its quite frankly annoying that this topic (specifically my playstyle or the possibility of me for a yeet) has come up every D1 that I've been in so far -- 2 games and another that's currently ongoing. So I figure I would say it now before I become an issues again

Might I ask you why are you publicly notifying me of points? Feels like there's an angle to all of this.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

21. ISO #21

Its quite frankly annoying that this topic (specifically my playstyle or the possibility of me for a yeet) has come up every D1 that I've been in so far -- 2 games and another that's currently ongoing. So I figure I would say it now before I become an issues again

Might I ask you why are you publicly notifying me of points? Feels like there's an angle to all of this.
    You are 100% correct. There is an angle to it. on this site day 1 is normally a crap fest of posts and RNG day 1 lynch normally Always a town. I am hoping that players come in and see real reads no matter how weak will try to give some themselves and avoid the crap fest.

That does not mean the reads I gave are not real.

22. ISO #22

I feel like this post never comes from a Town PR.

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

Re : Re: S-FM Spirits II (Ongoing)

Quote Originally Posted by Zedus View Post
    You don't even said "hello" and start the game from TPR hunting. Are you scum?
    I will be honest, I don't like people who are constantly opposing TPR hunting.
    It looks like a nice sentence to befriend with everyone.
    For now, your plays seems to be different from the previous games Zedus,
    I will keep an eye on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    MM Magoroth and Distorted are the 3 baddies
    just like Agrael Acriel and Auwt being the original 3 baddies
    MafiaZ and Skwirl its all a repeat of history
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRevenant View Post
    But Potoss has Pobes, Zeelot, and Acrons!
    Screw you I actually have more grudges towards the people who have their names start with A

26. ISO #26

Re: Re : Re: S-FM Spirits II (Ongoing)

Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post
    So you don't like me?

TPR hunting is the scum's job. They want to kill the TPRs. We don't want them to kill the TPRs. Therefore, we don't TPR hunt for them. Read my post about D1 claiming. Its logic also applies to TPR-hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

27. ISO #27

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    WTF is this DO NOT PR HUNT SCUMMY AF

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

Going from :

to 30 posts later :

That wasn't the point of my post.
    My point is if he claims PR he’s lying.
    Something is off right there.
    You first say "I feel like" and in the 2nd quote you are like 100% sure and ready to treat Martin as a liar if he's ever claiming being TPR.
    Screw you I actually have more grudges towards the people who have their names start with A

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    I am havin hard time vibin here with Mike bein a karen all over here

-vote Mike
    Interesting. LOL

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

Yeah I fully agree with this.
    Something is weird.

36. ISO #36

Uhh...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    Something is weird.
    ????
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

37. ISO #37

Something is weird.
    Dont agree with me Burger voted me becuse of that post. and MM is with him.

38. ISO #38

Just to keep track of it, Martin did the same thing in a previous game.
    He pointed out many fact that rely on statistics and probabilities.
    Many of the current players in our game were part of the game where it happend.
    Martin was townie this game.

Should look if he is trying to fake us into thinking he is town for the same reason, or if he truly is.

39. ISO #39

I also TR Baker.
    Well, I don't townread you lol. What's up with this TPR hunting?
    That is DEFINETLY something you want to keep for yourself.

40. ISO #40

And to add some spiciness, for now, I'm more likely to be voting Dark Magician.
    I do not like the "avoid TPR hunt" thingy he did earlier in the day.
    It already wronged me to believe this is a town behaviour.
    Can you elaborate on this? Because that's what I remember from him about TPRs, and it still doesn't sit right with me:

41. ISO #41

I am also hoping we maybe able to start with info day one than just shit posting. and wasting a whole day 1. As we normally do in SC2Mafia.com D1.

42. ISO #42

Ay, this is happening!
    Not sure how long I'll have to dedicate to the game immediatly, but I will certainly be there later today. Some important things first, though:

Don't roleclaim on D1, and check the circumstances on D2 before you initiate claiming. This setup is meant to punish early roleclaims: strongman kill and unheable sheriff makes it very easy for scum to kill the target they want to kill if roles are revealed. However, a mass claim will be a good thing to do on another day, since scum have two investigative roles.

~~

-vote Mike

You look weird. You're usually not going out saying that every single post is alignment indicative (when it really isn't lol), and doing that is generally scummy and symptomatic of scum wanting to look useful. It could be excused by saying "but it's RVS", but this post:
    I am also hoping we maybe able to start with info day one than just shit posting. and wasting a whole day 1. As we normally do in SC2Mafia.com D1.
    kinda removes that possibility. So maybe Mike is actually trying to change the meta... or maybe he's scum.

43. ISO #43

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Not a huge fan of the happy go lucky entrance or the vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Ay, this is happening!
    Not sure how long I'll have to dedicate to the game immediatly, but I will certainly be there later today. Some important things first, though:

Don't roleclaim on D1, and check the circumstances on D2 before you initiate claiming. This setup is meant to punish early roleclaims: strongman kill and unheable sheriff makes it very easy for scum to kill the target they want to kill if roles are revealed. However, a mass claim will be a good thing to do on another day, since scum have two investigative roles.

~~

-vote Mike

You look weird. You're usually not going out saying that every single post is alignment indicative (when it really isn't lol), and doing that is generally scummy and symptomatic of scum wanting to look useful. It could be excused by saying "but it's RVS", but this post:

kinda removes that possibility. So maybe Mike is actually trying to change the meta... or maybe he's scum.
    Wow MM read My play last game I was Fred. I played exactly the same as I am doing now. what was I oh crap I was Town. Hell I was the VIggy.

Do not give me that crap I am changing meta. I explained I wanted to have a day of reads.

The only thing I hard claimed was one role NOT MEDIC. Do not come out saying I claimed any role.

This game has a RNG on PR roles. We don't even know what PR are in it. So Hard Claiming NOt one role is not bad. Do not give me that BS.

I suggest town vote me off here today see my flip and lynch MM and Baker.

44. ISO #44

Wow MM read My play last game I was Fred. I played exactly the same as I am doing now. what was I oh crap I was Town. Hell I was the VIggy.

Do not give me that crap I am changing meta. I explained I wanted to have a day of reads.

The only thing I hard claimed was one role NOT MEDIC. Do not come out saying I claimed any role.

This game has a RNG on PR roles. We don't even know what PR are in it. So Hard Claiming NOt one role is not bad. Do not give me that BS.

I suggest town vote me off here today see my flip and lynch MM and Baker.
    When I posted that, I didn't even see any mention of you claiming :P it was just my general advice about the setup. Also, "having a day of reads" doesn't equal "saying that every single post is AI and immediatly significant on D1", because that's not true lol. D1 posts become extremely interesting when you look at them through the lens of around D3, because usually people have claimed on D3 and "sides" have formed; looking at D1 allows you to compare D1 behaviors with current day behavior.

Also, I said you were potentially trying to change the meta, i.e. the site's meta, not your personal meta. So no, that isn't "crap".

Hardclaiming "not X" is... questionable? I guess it allows for some WIFOM, and I don't even really oppose it.

However, this is OMGUS. The only reason for which you could want to lynch me is because I scumread you. I'm happy with my vote atm. Also, I haven't fully read the thread but Bakermir looked rather good to me.

45. ISO #45

When I posted that, I didn't even see any mention of you claiming :P it was just my general advice about the setup. Also, "having a day of reads" doesn't equal "saying that every single post is AI and immediatly significant on D1", because that's not true lol. D1 posts become extremely interesting when you look at them through the lens of around D3, because usually people have claimed on D3 and "sides" have formed; looking at D1 allows you to compare D1 behaviors with current day behavior.

Also, I said you were potentially trying to change the meta, i.e. the site's meta, not your personal meta. So no, that isn't "crap".

Hardclaiming "not X" is... questionable? I guess it allows for some WIFOM, and I don't even really oppose it.

However, this is OMGUS. The only reason for which you could want to lynch me is because I scumread you. I'm happy with my vote atm. Also, I haven't fully read the thread but Bakermir looked rather good to me.
    I’m thinking Mike’s probably Virus as I believe Virus would have had to choose their target N1.

46. ISO #46

Ay, this is happening!

-vote Mike

Giving Mafia more time to investigate will help them to forge their LWs though...

47. ISO #47

Giving Mafia more time to investigate will help them to forge their LWs though...
    That doesn't matter. The point of mass claiming is to put wolves in a box. There's the box of Citizen claims and there's the box of TPR claims. We lynch where claims conflict, and we win. As much as delaying the massclaiming gives time to mafia, it also gives time to town to actually use their actions without dying. If we claim immediatly, the Sheriff is basically doomed and the Doctor is also likely to die, since Mafia will be able to PoE his identity down.

48. ISO #48

That doesn't matter. The point of mass claiming is to put wolves in a box. There's the box of Citizen claims and there's the box of TPR claims. We lynch where claims conflict, and we win. As much as delaying the massclaiming gives time to mafia, it also gives time to town to actually use their actions without dying. If we claim immediatly, the Sheriff is basically doomed and the Doctor is also likely to die, since Mafia will be able to PoE his identity down.
    I can say that where anyone agrees with this or not this is what town MM would say. This argument is good and bad at the same time. Bad side we lose a our TPR roles. Good news is we can follow the cop. Bad news cops read can be wrong as there is a wolf that is immune to investagation. This setup is anti claim. Here is what is bad for town. Wolfs have a role cop. They find out someone’s role at night that person does not claim it mafia kills them and fake claims there role.

@AIVION do the flips show role or just alignment?

If the flips show role mass claimong is bad for town. If flips do not show roles and only alignment mass claiming is good so we do not follow a fake claimed PR.

So no one people no one claim there roles.

MM do you disagree with this?

49. ISO #49

50. ISO #50

Perhaps. I haven't read many games here so I guess the stories of shitposting are true, but so far my experience has been relatively straight-forward. Most of everything has been related to the game and when its not it generally isn't about conflict with other people. (I may have the wrong definition "shitposting" though; I imagine its just something negative about someone else not related to the game.)
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"