Register

User Tag List

Page 39 of 119 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,950 of 5907
  1. ISO #1901

2. ISO #1902

Re: S-FM Magellan (15p)

Ganelon's logic in the setup thread:

This would actually make it so that in the worst case scenario, the lynches would go somewhat like this:
    10v5 -> 9v5 -> 7v5 -> 6v5 -> 5v5 (LyLo; benign can technically still side with town) -> 4v5
    D1 -> D2 -> D3 -> D4 -> D5
    the game would take about 5 days to end in this case. plenty of time for town to re-evaluate their reads.

otherwise, as it currently stands:
    9v6 -> 8v6 -> 6v6: GG
    by D3.

3. ISO #1903

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Bart Pilfter View Post
    Do we know that Lois is actually Sheriff? We agree he's Town, but the only reason we think he is Sheriff is because that's what the ole Loid said before he tapped out and also kinda weird he hasn't said what his results were if he is
    i will be doubtful but respect that lois is likely town until proven otherwise
    i have a very hard time believing the prior player played that way as town

4. ISO #1904

5. ISO #1905

6. ISO #1906

7. ISO #1907

8. ISO #1908

9. ISO #1909

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Marlwyn Janson View Post
    @S-FM Vladislow Kennt Can you elaborate more on the Architect/Scumitect? You said you've been in 'touch' with someone.
    I am happy to but I'm getting off for the night. Again we have time tomorrow. I will be limited in posting due to the 4th, but tomorrow around this time I will give you any detail.

I was initially very nervous that this was scummitect, but since Jan claimed coro I am more likely to believe this is an architect. I never claimed coro to this until this archi until after Jan claimed.

The discussion has been pretty basic so far. They claimed they chose me because they thought I was either a TPR or scum.

10. ISO #1910

Spoiler : Post typed overnight :
    You can all go burn in hell for hammering the jelly early on the basis of "interesting".
    But seriously, what is wrong with you lol, we had two more days and you threw them away on someone who was probably town...
    Lois made the points about mental progression pretty clear.

Jiles posted a readslist that marked me scum. Then tried to buddy up with me immediately afterwards, against Lois.
    Did you just say Lois made his points against Jiles pretty clear? That is purely and simply untrue lol. Anything to back this up? Also, I assume this means you townread Lois, assuming Jiles flips scum?

I mean, it was rather understandable that Jiles went against Lois, given the amount of crap Lois gave him lol. You're the lesser evil between the two of you, and I can completely understand and even follow such a reasoning from town!Jiles.
    I'll put my vote here for now though.
    -vote S-FM Edoua Maije
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Marck Wilbird View Post
    Aw man why back off of the 1v1?
    Just have a feeling.
    Assuming town!Jiles, this interaction looks like scum!Marlwyn distancing himself from a town!Jiles mislynch that looks really bad for him since he put an unexplained vote; it also looks like town!Marckus bringing it up (I don't see this as being SvS).
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Edoua Maije View Post
    Spoiler : spoiler which contains Jiles quotes :

I've done you the favour of quoting all of Jiles' posts since he gave his readlist.
    However to me it seems he never even interacted with you.

So i'm having a hard time understanding where he buddied with you, or understanding why you are voting him in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Edoua Maije View Post
    Ah my bad he did interact with you , but i wouldn't go so far as to call this buddying. Jiles and Lous have been accusing eachother for the entire day now.
    Basically par for the course.
    In the context, it was recieved as "yeah, he's totally got nothing right? Btw I scumread you more than anyone else but take my side here."

My pointed question to Lois being used as a device to further his agenda seems odd.
    I highly like Maije's investigation here. It's not overly cautious, but not tunneled either, and it seems to be a genuine attempt at catching scum. As for Marlwyn's answer, it's rather thin for a scumread & sheeping Lois against Jiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Lois Francklyn View Post
    I mean yeah, do whatever you want. That's just a reflection on you. I know my read is on another level and I understand many players won't want to accept it, but it is correct. In post game we can laugh about it and I'll accept your praises. I'm just too good it hurts sometimes.
    Repent for your sin of pride, reprobate! THE JUDGEMENT IS NEAR!!

On a serious note, this post and justification has zero logical value, and Lois should be highly pressured and potentially lynched for this (from the point of view of someone who's only caught up to the posts he replies to).

I like the banter, I really do.

But despite not having revealed my readslist (and I have no intention to) you're certainly on the lower end of the spectrum. So I cannot say these posts give me any confidence in you or that your lynch would not be worthwhile.

If you'd like or care, I suggest doing something other than defend yourself or calling Lois delusional to actually seem town. I will not say his suspicions of you, though misplaced, have no merit in the status quo.
    I could very well see scum!Marlwyn pushing for a mislynch on Jiles while town!Lois gets his hands really, really dirty on the matter. Again, his case on Jiles was very thin, but he's pushing him like he is a confirmed scum, and he's rolling along Lois' nonsense. I'd like to know Marlwyn's read on Lois.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Vladislow Kennt View Post
    Honestly I think it is just a distraction and he's either a neut or a town. I don't see a scumby player desperate for so much attention d1.
    I agree to some extent, but he could be a scum WIFOMing for the "too scummy to be scum" town points, so we never really know. His play was anti-town as hell, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Lembird Oshay View Post
    no i don't think that lois is town
    there isn't a really good reason that lois would behave this way imo, unless they genuinely believed their theory, which i cant believe that they do
    Do you still believe that as of now, Lembird? I mean, Lois' God syndrome certainly does suck, but do you think it comes from scum who wants to convince everyone Jiles is scum with their terrible arguments? That seems even more far-fetched than town with aforementioned syndrome or neutral with specific interests.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Gollert Twissell View Post
    Too scummy to be scum is not a thing. Those who think that just haven't opened their mind to either different way of thought.
    This point is so narrow considering the topic at hand (reading Lois and Jiles) that it's pretty scummy. As if Gollert didn't want to commit too much into something he knew was going to turn bad. Plus, it's objectively false imo, but that's a disagreement about game theory and therefore mostly NAI.

Typed today after seeing the night result:
    Uhh. No flip result? Oh well. I will stay true to my belief that Jiles was a townie sacrificed in the name of bullshit. And for now, I will place my vote on
    -vote S-FM Marlwyn Janson
    because he needs more pressure than he got yesterday. I might change my mind as I read more, but for now that's it.
    Also note that I'm not caught up, and that I will very probably not fully catch up on the D1 stuff (because I'm not reading 800 posts in depth, sorry), but only skim it because you guys hammered a little bit before I could come in and post, get into it, etc. That's on you filthy hammerers lol.

11. ISO #1911

This is a lie.

Hard counter claim. Jesus christ why are scum acting this way when we have so much freaking time.

I am the coroner. I've also been in touch with an architect, whom I now believe to be town. Between me, archi, and sherr (if Lois is to be believed) GG.

Look past the Jan double talk. He waffles more than the waffle house.

I did NOT expect to have to come out so early, but here we are.

-vote S-FM Jan Korvin

One of us has to go clearly.
    UHHH ok, why do we have coroners counterclaiming already lol? I guess scum have decided to get rid of our info source quickly?

Jan and Vladislow, please explain why you, as coroners, didn't use your public reveal of the role ability as most people agreed to do yesterday.

12. ISO #1912

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Billigan Holbird View Post
    You can all go burn in hell for hammering the jelly early on the basis of "interesting".
    But seriously, what is wrong with you lol, we had two more days and you threw them away on someone who was probably town...

Did you just say Lois made his points against Jiles pretty clear? That is purely and simply untrue lol. Anything to back this up? Also, I assume this means you townread Lois, assuming Jiles flips scum?

I mean, it was rather understandable that Jiles went against Lois, given the amount of crap Lois gave him lol. You're the lesser evil between the two of you, and I can completely understand and even follow such a reasoning from town!Jiles.

Assuming town!Jiles, this interaction looks like scum!Marlwyn distancing himself from a town!Jiles mislynch that looks really bad for him since he put an unexplained vote; it also looks like town!Marckus bringing it up (I don't see this as being SvS).

I highly like Maije's investigation here. It's not overly cautious, but not tunneled either, and it seems to be a genuine attempt at catching scum. As for Marlwyn's answer, it's rather thin for a scumread & sheeping Lois against Jiles.

On a serious note, this post and justification has zero logical value, and Lois should be highly pressured and potentially lynched for this (from the point of view of someone who's only caught up to the posts he replies to).

I could very well see scum!Marlwyn pushing for a mislynch on Jiles while town!Lois gets his hands really, really dirty on the matter. Again, his case on Jiles was very thin, but he's pushing him like he is a confirmed scum, and he's rolling along Lois' nonsense. I'd like to know Marlwyn's read on Lois.

I agree to some extent, but he could be a scum WIFOMing for the "too scummy to be scum" town points, so we never really know. His play was anti-town as hell, though.

Do you still believe that as of now, Lembird? I mean, Lois' God syndrome certainly does suck, but do you think it comes from scum who wants to convince everyone Jiles is scum with their terrible arguments? That seems even more far-fetched than town with aforementioned syndrome or neutral with specific interests.

This point is so narrow considering the topic at hand (reading Lois and Jiles) that it's pretty scummy. As if Gollert didn't want to commit too much into something he knew was going to turn bad. Plus, it's objectively false imo, but that's a disagreement about game theory and therefore mostly NAI.

Uhh. No flip result? Oh well. I will stay true to my belief that Jiles was a townie sacrificed in the name of bullshit. And for now, I will place my vote on
    because he needs more pressure than he got yesterday. I might change my mind as I read more, but for now that's it.
    Also note that I'm not caught up, and that I will very probably not fully catch up on the D1 stuff (because I'm not reading 800 posts in depth, sorry), but only skim it because you guys hammered a little bit before I could come in and post, get into it, etc. That's on you filthy hammerers lol.
    come catch up right now birdo we're solving the game @S-FM Billigan Holbird

13. ISO #1913

UHHH ok, why do we have coroners counterclaiming already lol? I guess scum have decided to get rid of our info source quickly?

Jan and Vladislow, please explain why you, as coroners, didn't use your public reveal of the role ability as most people agreed to do yesterday.
    What's your claim? We're in a massclaim

14. ISO #1914

15. ISO #1915

I gave my reasoning in several posts several times. I'm not going to read the thread for you.

To me this seems like a long game, and I didn't feel the need to use one of my two charges to publicly reveal Jiles. I still get his info of course, but why waste a charge? I never expected a d2 coroner claim and I would have just included the Jiles information in the data dump eventually if I publicly claimed or my lw.

16. ISO #1916

17. ISO #1917

come catch up right now birdo we're solving the game @S-FM Billigan Holbird
    I'm halfway through. You ever finish your ISO of jan?

894 Going to ISO
    im probably going to iso them because ive been distracted by this whole lois jiles thing

my initial vote is upon them is because i detected a hint of fence sitting
    I have like 75~ posts, you finish reading me yet?

18. ISO #1918

We're in a massclaim in a setup where scum can murder our Coroner and make this setup flipless? I fail to see the logic in that, would you mind explaining it to me like I'm five?
    Scum have no nightly factional kill. Only kidnapper, disguiser, whatever kind of stuff.

19. ISO #1919

20. ISO #1920

21. ISO #1921

okay
    so we have vlad/jan as coroner
    fred as vig
    lois as sheriff
    and an unclaimed architect, if vlad is to be believed
    What was Lois' check, assuming he had one?

Also, judging only from what I've read of D1, I tend to believe Jan over Vlad for coronership. I don't think Vlad had any good points going for him yesterday, unlike Jan.
    We mass claiming then? I literally see no downside to it
    ? ? ? ? ? ? lol what's the good side of it? Quacks?

22. ISO #1922

Also, judging only from what I've read of D1, I tend to believe Jan over Vlad for coronership. I don't think Vlad had any good points going for him yesterday, unlike Jan.

Mafia don't have a factional kill it seems.
    Scum have no nightly factional kill. Only kidnapper, disguiser, whatever kind of stuff.
    For you.

23. ISO #1923

i have to disagree,
    i didn't like jan at all yesterday, and i was quite fond of vlad

24. ISO #1924

Mulan is in the bird gang. Stop it.

25. ISO #1925

26. ISO #1926

Coroner claim and cc already. Vig claim already. Sheriff claim. Scum have 1 kill

Lets solve thiz bitch are you in or are you in?

Bird gang rise up! Role? Im assuming cit

27. ISO #1927

28. ISO #1928

"Nightkills are disabled on N1." That leads me to believe nightkills do exist on N2 and later... did we have host confirmation of this? @S-FM Magellan Core
    Mechanics
    Day one lasts 72h. Lynching is disabled for the first 24 hours on D1, with that period being reserved for discussing the lynch type.
    All other days last 48 hours, nights last 24 hours.
    Nightkills are disabled on N1.
    It's in the setup yo.

29. ISO #1929

30. ISO #1930

Coroner claim and cc already. Vig claim already. Sheriff claim. Scum have 1 kill

Lets solve thiz bitch are you in or are you in?

Bird gang rise up! Role? Im assuming cit
    Psssssh I guess there's not much left to hide anyway now, although I strongly disagree with the idea of massclaiming to begin with. I hardclaim Ensign (so Citizen).

31. ISO #1931

32. ISO #1932

33. ISO #1933

34. ISO #1934

35. ISO #1935

36. ISO #1936

It would still work. We just tell one of them to do it and the other not to.
    Checking ISO a bit. Just saying that it would be very unreliable, because the Biotech Expert (scum roleblocker) could be in the game (and is actually rather likely to be in, since the Strike Team Leader also has a Support role). The actual Coroner could get roleblocked, the scum who CCed would get "confirmed" as town, and then we would be screwed.

37. ISO #1937

You can also read all of the scum role cards. On GF it says that he has "Ability: None" and subsequent cards show that there is not a person that can be sent out for a factional nightkill.
    /shrug, at this point it's not even relevant anymore: we just have to wait for the host to reply.

38. ISO #1938

39. ISO #1939

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Jan Korvin View Post
    I think the safest thing is this. I've posted 10 times today, as per the requirement. I'm done today. I won't defend myself anymore. I'll use my action tonight, and if I'm not dead tomorrow I'll continue playing. Either way, I'll use my anon ablity tonight to show i'm telling the truth. We can minimize our loss here by denying scum the chance at their best case scenario, which IS I'm lynched today, and they get to kill tonight.
    Once again, this doesn't work because Consort could be in the game and ruin all of this.

40. ISO #1940

41. ISO #1941

Once again, this doesn't work because Consort could be in the game and ruin all of this.
    Consort does not block day actions (the ability only lasts for one night), and is limited to one use. Thus, sorting the Coroners, if both are alive continually, will take quite a while and may take 3 or 4 days. Which is why its important to note there is only one night scum kill. It gives us a lot of time even if all of our tprs are outed.

42. ISO #1942

@S-FM Bart Pilfter Let's have a conversation
    There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)
    S-FM Gollert Twissell, S-FM Bart Pilfter

Whatcha reading? I'm 7/9ths through my reread and I have no notable quotes of which to quote you about.
    You have a read list that you posted from the beginning of today, which I could follow along and I understand why you would read people certain ways.

I'm a bit at a loss for what to ask you. How do you feel about the state of the game? Have you done any VCA or whatnot?

43. ISO #1943

44. ISO #1944

I'm here, was just catching up on news around the world, having a beer. And listening to my neighbors waste hundreds of dollars worth of mortar shells because they have a firework machine. I think they have connections to a firework company or something.
    I like you too much this game to think up of what to say though :x My neighbors have been shooting fireworks since last week. They just blow one up every so often. It's like they have to test each one to make sure it'll work on the big day.

45. ISO #1945

@S-FM Bart Pilfter Let's have a conversation
    There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)
    S-FM Gollert Twissell, S-FM Bart Pilfter

Whatcha reading? I'm 7/9ths through my reread and I have no notable quotes of which to quote you about.
    You have a read list that you posted from the beginning of today, which I could follow along and I understand why you would read people certain ways.

I'm a bit at a loss for what to ask you. How do you feel about the state of the game? Have you done any VCA or whatnot?
    What's your take on Jan vs Vlad? Like I said earlier the only way I can make sense of it is if Vlad is disguiser but I'd like to hear your take.
    I'm unsure why Lois hasn't given us his Sheriff read if he is Sheriff, but maybe he didn't even realise his predecessor claimed that role.
    Unsure what to make of the Architect/Scumitect claim - I mean I wouldn't be surprised if there is one. Not sure why they'd pick Vlad in particular to talk to tho.
    There's a lot of people absent from discussion.

46. ISO #1946

Can I ask you guys what you think of Jan's play here?

Is my assessment of him earlier unfair?

I'm not sold tbh.

For two reasons: His play this game has felt like a veteran player imitating the most bumbling noob to ever play (even going so far as to post at night.)

He has mention Disguiser at least two times during day one:

So, I'm wondering if this is just bold shenanigans.
    Sorry, you've just done so many things that raise my eyebrows. Even your entrance to the game implied that somebody posted an alignment listing day one.

When does that ever happen? You know advanced terminology that is never found on SC2Mafia. There are big inconsistencies, now suddenly we have a counterclaim.
    And how often is a role counterclaimed in SC2Mafia. Or a true alignment listing printed D1. Or having streams of consciousness..

The mod lends itself to role ambiguity in the first place. So yeah I'm just wondering.
    and being caught in a cc 1v1 after making disguiser your proffered role. Thats bold.

47. ISO #1947

What's your take on Jan vs Vlad? Like I said earlier the only way I can make sense of it is if Vlad is disguiser but I'd like to hear your take.
    I'm unsure why Lois hasn't given us his Sheriff read if he is Sheriff, but maybe he didn't even realise his predecessor claimed that role.
    Unsure what to make of the Architect/Scumitect claim - I mean I wouldn't be surprised if there is one. Not sure why they'd pick Vlad in particular to talk to tho.
    The reasoning Vlad conveyed is that they felt Vlad was a scum or town power role. Obviously, they were right in some capacity.

48. ISO #1948

I think the biggest problem with my assessment of Jan is that it assumes the player angle shot by posting after the thread was closed.

I see this as a veteran poster pretending to be new. Yes, in context a veteran SC2 mod player but still.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Jan Korvin View Post
    Train of consciousness posting. As I said Methinks you are thinking too hard.
    What (almost exclusively) SC2 Mafia mod player says this?

Am I making sense?

49. ISO #1949

There are a couple of theories jumbling through my head. Some of them are rather bad scenarios. There is a small chance that neither of them is scum. I am naturally suspicious of Jan due to his stoic attitude— which is attributed to his attitude not what role he rolled. Reading Vlad independently, I've highlighted for myself a marked amount of shade thrown at Lois early on. At least three times he's called the argument Lois provided dumb, but even so, he steered quite clear from both of the trains. At one point he does end up voting Rothfolo, and I haven't gotten to the part where he moves it or not.

Jan talked about the coroner role a bit, and quoted people who were talking about it, part of me wants to believe he really wanted to know what to do with the role. That conversation fizzled out for some reason. On the other hand, when Vlad was on, Vlad chose not to take part in that discussion. So he avoided it altogether. I think both are naturalish reactions to town talking about your role, but I think scum might be more avoidant if they were going to counterclaim this. A little ding for Vlad. Vlad knows more about his role than Jan though, and I have a hard to figuring out why that is. I would have to believe Jan being new (which I am inclined to believe, mafia lying about their experience would be another thing someone could trip up on) and then because Jan is new he would not place importance of reading the setup for at least what his own role would do. So a plus for Vlad?

Lois hasn't even claimed to have the role his predecessor had. They just aren't here.

Vlad seems like a natural choice to talk to. He was "active but absent" from the thread when compared to some other players. I would have put him as scum neutral or tpr myself if I had to guess then. My suspicions are on how he had deduced it was a town that talked to him. I think this is what Mulan is looking for as well.

50. ISO #1950

And in great irony (because of his profile picture) Jans reminds me of Tobi from Naruto. Goofy, silly mistake-making guy who you'd never expect ill of really.

But the problem lies in what I see as a disconnect from his implied skill-set and what we observe. This isn't scum-paint, this is a legitimate concern.

Train of consciousness isn't a thing in SC2Mafia mod. Neither is an explicit list of everyone's alignments on day one (assuming no hackers lol.)

And we're supposed to be o k with all this.