S-FM 303: Summer 2020 (Newbie Game) - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. ISO #1

Re: S-FM Summer 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Lael View Post
    Well how about you give us your reads on the three other people who have engaged so far?
    Sure-

Marino is currently null for me. I think the over the top start was and flim flam was a bit goofy but ultimately NAI to me at this time. I like that he wants to create discussion, but copious amount of random discussion doesn't help town IMO.

Bakemire - Not much to go off here other than the pushing of Marino a bit. Null.

Ash Loreal- snappy, seems towny, with the pointed questions and responses which are posed so far to extract information that would be useful for town. Leans town.

2. ISO #2

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Sure-

Marino is currently null for me. I think the over the top start was and flim flam was a bit goofy but ultimately NAI to me at this time. I like that he wants to create discussion, but copious amount of random discussion doesn't help town IMO.

Bakemire - Not much to go off here other than the pushing of Marino a bit. Null.

Ash Loreal- snappy, seems towny, with the pointed questions and responses which are posed so far to extract information that would be useful for town. Leans town.
    Don't be shy Renegade.

4 sounds like he isn't from downtown but from uptown or beyond.

It would be logical to get a wolf on trial and place the first piece of puzzle.

3. ISO #3

Alright, its 11:50 PM here. I'm going to head to bed. I'll be back here hopefully for another hour or two in the morning, and sporadically through the rest of tomorrow.

I wish you all good luck, and I hope our discussions today will prove useful in the future.

As a side note, if you're left thinking that I implied that I was evil in response to Ash's question, then allow me to put it in another way: While I am currently posting a lot, that is because I like being social in this game, not because I am Town. Even if I were not Town, I would still like to post a lot because I like being social in this game. I honestly enjoy discussing arguments and the points for them as a matter of life, not because of this game.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    As a side note, if you're left thinking that I implied that I was evil in response to Ash's question, then allow me to put it in another way:
    Uuuugh. I didn’t really like the answer - seemed too thought out or something? I dunno, was having a hard time putting it into words. Like not horrible but not really what I would have expected from town and I wasn’t sure whether I was overthinking it or there was actually something fishy there.

But this unprompted “clarification”? I hate it. It reeks of wolfy self-consciousness.

I came close to unvoting you a couple of times but right now I feel glad I didn’t.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Grakylan View Post
    Damn I almost forgot this exists. Its hard for me to keep track of things.

Anyhow, I'm back and ready to do this. I guess I will do the same shit I do in the mod, random lynch to get info and shit

-vote Auwt
    Uh, I would like you to explain this strategy please. What info exactly do you expect to obtain from lynching Auwt?

10. ISO #10

I forgot about two things:

First, activity:
    Around half of players here are EU players, I understand that we have a lot of US/NA players and people from other time zones, so expect around 6-7 BEFORE start of game time, to be the most active period of the day (evening on EU, afternoon on NA i believe). And since day is long, we will still have enough time to discuss everything, I hope.

Secondly:

Hi all gl hf
    And may the Town win.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

-unvote

Disregard that previous vote. Old habits from the mod where I rando for info. I shouldn't have been too hasty without reading the thread first considering I had to do stuff irl right as the game began. Whoops.

So now the question is wtf is Dallarian doing trying to rando Auwt for being a FM veteran?

Whats more concerning is this is Martin's first FM game and hes already doing AtE with le depression and being a whole ass mathematician.
    "My old habit from the mod is to big brain calculate the intricate math behind the save on day 1." Why? Most of us mod players don't do it til we die or its lategame. But its literally the earlygame.

Why are you trying to bring up "muh depression?" Everyone heres kinda an introvert, or was just overwhelmed by how much FM takes, not gonna lie. But depression?

Is he trying to gain our sympathy? Why would he need to do that if he was a power role and could just prove himself eventually? Its like hes drawing a road map for his potential scum.

Sorry for being brash but I just needed to bring it up.

-vote MartinGG99
    https://imgur.com/a/NqMwElZ fuck it heres all the sc2mafia pics i would have put in the sig

13. ISO #13

I just have learnt how multiquote works like, can be useful in the future.

-unvote

Disregard that previous vote. Old habits from the mod where I rando for info. I shouldn't have been too hasty without reading the thread first considering I had to do stuff irl right as the game began. Whoops.

So now the question is wtf is Dallarian doing trying to rando Auwt for being a FM veteran?

Whats more concerning is this is Martin's first FM game and hes already doing AtE with le depression and being a whole ass mathematician.
    "My old habit from the mod is to big brain calculate the intricate math behind the save on day 1." Why? Most of us mod players don't do it til we die or its lategame. But its literally the earlygame.

Why are you trying to bring up "muh depression?" Everyone heres kinda an introvert, or was just overwhelmed by how much FM takes, not gonna lie. But depression?

Is he trying to gain our sympathy? Why would he need to do that if he was a power role and could just prove himself eventually? Its like hes drawing a road map for his potential scum.

-vote MartinGG99
    To start with, it's definitely too early to lynch, so I would be very happy if people from the future didn't vote Martin.

I do not consider Auwt as veteran, he played literally 2 games this month. What I am try to do? Well, I can explain that later.
    But you say you are trying to get informaton by random voting, and then after literally 2 posts you are retreating to safety by unvoting. Mission failure, I guess.
    Also I believe I have learnt new phrase in English for that, "flip floping"? I am still unsure about it's meaning, would be happy if someone explained it to me.

Martin turns out to be interesting character and I'd like to hear his future conclusions d1 or d2 before I will consider voting/lynching him.

Also fun fact:
    Imagine 2 Mafias waking up and lynching instantly Martin right now for "reasonable" reasons, saying they read only part of thread and didn't see other votes.
    Because Martin is put on 3 votes right now, as far as I remember. If mafia haven't already voted him for his contribution into town play.

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by Dallarian View Post
    Also fun fact:
    Imagine 2 Mafias waking up and lynching instantly Martin right now for "reasonable" reasons, saying they read only part of thread and didn't see other votes.
    Because Martin is put on 3 votes right now, as far as I remember. If mafia haven't already voted him for his contribution into town play.
    Okay, fortunately, they can't do that. @Grakylan 's vote doesn't count, since it is in same post with "unvote". I find it a positive thing. (usually you should just vote Martin, and it would take your vote from Auwt automaticly), unless it's some way to bait me.

15. ISO #15

Okay, fortunately, they can't do that. @Grakylan 's vote doesn't count, since it is in same post with "unvote". I find it a positive thing. (usually you should just vote Martin, and it would take your vote from Auwt automaticly), unless it's some way to bait me.
    Oh I missed that my question was answered.

So it seems Gray intended the vote and left but it wasn't applied.

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

Not to mention Dallarian trying to rando someone (mr. Auwt) who "isn't here" at all. Haven't seen a post from him so I could kinda understand wanting to force him to talk...

Maybe just wait a few more hours to see if he speaks up? He could just be busy like I was.
    https://imgur.com/a/NqMwElZ fuck it heres all the sc2mafia pics i would have put in the sig

18. ISO #18

Where you lose me is when you argue that the answers would provide no hints about roles if the responses came from town, but might if they came from scum.

Like if it’s completely hypothetical and nothing anyone says could imply anything about what role they have... then how is it supposed to help you catch wolves?
    In here you use deduction skills and other stuff to catch wolves. 2 previous games (Nightless, and catching mafia d1) are good examples of it. Fortunately we don't have roles like electromaniac here, but you are probably aware what means power role revealing D1, specially if we are not sure, if we have protective role at all.

I've mulled it over a bit. I had hoped more people would answer it.

Basically, the point of the question was to figure out who would question me, and to what extent. I figure if people are town, they don't have an informed majority, and therefore are more skeptical of things. I wanted be proactive and get a good pool of reads to start from, and then other people might make their own informed analyses of it in the future. For example, if someone acted towny by questioning my motives and actions, but then refrained from attacking someone else in the future, that could be telling. If you review my past posts, you might see that I was hinting that I even counted your agression towards the question as an acceptable response, because thats the point. Scum might just answer it freely without care or question because they think there's nothing telling about it since it would be hypothetical.

When I meant "hints", im referring to the act where a person who is a TPR says something in response, and because of who they are, their answers are altered in such a way that a normal citizen would not have worded it. Considering this was a question where we could all say what we wanted, I sincerely believed being a TPR had no influence on what people answered. In hindsight, I suppose not answering the question out of fear could be accidentally hinting though, not that I believe that has occurred.
    That's some clever experienced guy stuff, isn't it?
    Fear not, saying you need 4 votes to lynch someone is a lie, but just a small one. You are not in any danger yet. You need 5 votes to lynch, and your self vote doesn't count.
    Anyways, I'm just going to chill here for a bit unless you have further questions. I mean, I've posted half (or nearly half) the post count as of right now. I'll be more active again when more people start arriving.
    That's scary mate. Slow down a bit please.

I need to think over yesterday's discussion, a lot of things happen with Martin. I would be likely to Town read him for taking a lot of attention, what mafia usually wouldn't like, but he just said he likes being social.

19. ISO #19

Uuuugh. I didn’t really like the answer - seemed too thought out or something? I dunno, was having a hard time putting it into words. Like not horrible but not really what I would have expected from town and I wasn’t sure whether I was overthinking it or there was actually something fishy there.

But this unprompted “clarification”? I hate it. It reeks of wolfy self-consciousness.

I came close to unvoting you a couple of times but right now I feel glad I didn’t.
    Personally, I was trying to see whether if people thought that was a bad thing or a good thing. I mean, earlier you pushed me because my question wasn't self-conscientious or self-aware. However, through all of this, I intend to be brutally honest about myself, both in-game aspects and out of game aspects. I think we should all consider that, once again, I was the only one to post a question for people to react to at the start. I'm a noob, and I was nervous that this game could go wrong, so I wanted to be proactive as possible and provoke debate within the town early on to ensure there's discussion. I'm quite glad @Dallarian and @Auwt answered the question, but I'm not sure if I can read them since I've explained the question now. And while I appreciate Dallarian's efforts in agreeing with me, I also intend to be aware of whoever tries to pocket me this game.

That's some clever experienced guy stuff, isn't it?
    Fear not, saying you need 4 votes to lynch someone is a lie, but just a small one. You are not in any danger yet. You need 5 votes to lynch, and your self vote doesn't count.
    Also, what I meant is that we needed 4-votes before I'm vulnerable to a single scum hammer vote. It wasn't intended to be a lie (or perceived as such). I evaluated that for practical purposes that we shouldn't put me at 4 votes right now for the sake of prolonging the day before I get lynched.

20. ISO #20

Also, to reiterate to all whom it may concern, I felt lynching someone today (regardless if it be me) may be the town's best option since the TPR's probabilities of impacting the mafia or getting leads on night 1 is rather low, while the mafia nearly have a 50/50 chance of killing one of the TPR's tonight.

21. ISO #21

Also, to reiterate to all whom it may concern, I felt lynching someone today (regardless if it be me) may be the town's best option since the TPR's probabilities of impacting the mafia or getting leads on night 1 is rather low, while the mafia nearly have a 50/50 chance of killing one of the TPR's tonight.
    I meant "today" as in this day phase.

22. ISO #22

Personally, I was trying to see whether if people thought that was a bad thing or a good thing. I mean, earlier you pushed me because my question wasn't self-conscientious or self-aware.
    Uh, no, I did no such thing.

I pushed you because your question was dangerous for town and I thought you were intelligent and thoughtful enough that you should have seen that. But that’s very different from being self-aware.

Being self aware does not mean being thoughtful. It means being overly conscious and concerned about your own appearance - as you would be if you were a wolf trying to impersonate town.

You’re smart enough that you shouldn’t need to have that distinction pointed out to you, frankly. It doesn’t inspire faith in your motives.

23. ISO #23

Uh, no, I did no such thing.

I pushed you because your question was dangerous for town and I thought you were intelligent and thoughtful enough that you should have seen that. But that’s very different from being self-aware.

Being self aware does not mean being thoughtful. It means being overly conscious and concerned about your own appearance - as you would be if you were a wolf trying to impersonate town.

You’re smart enough that you shouldn’t need to have that distinction pointed out to you, frankly. It doesn’t inspire faith in your motives.
    Im not calling anyone stupid here when I say thins, but sometimes ingenuity is present in stupid decisions that are done in line. Sometimes you need to be smart enough, but not a bit more than smart enough, in order to unknowingly do dangerous things. Now, im not proclaiming myself to be stupid, but I would like to argue that that my inexperience can or is impairing me. To study something is one thing, applying it can be another. However in spite of that, I continue to try my best at discussion because it is the best tool the town has, and also because, as I mentioned earlier, I do like being social in a game of debates. Honestly, every post is something I get conflicted about and have to decide to listen to my anxieties or nervousness or not because it is my first game. They tell me to be quiet and to accuse others when they show flaws, in order to find the scum, but i don't want to listen to that. I want to be proactive, and to overcome the emotional challenges it takes in order to get more experience. Unfortunately, that means i'll be making some bad decisions or bad questions. But at least I can try to learn from them. I've made myself vulnerable in order to become better at this, hopefully so to prevent any pointless attention (that was caused by me) against me, a townie.

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

I am trying to make some good work with colors , do you think it works fine right now?

Also please add profile picture @Grakylan , so that we can start recognising your posts with it. I believe it's easier to pay attention to symbol/colors (I really hope my Battleship is hiting your eyes! OwO), it can add a little clearance to the game.

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

Re : Re: S-FM Summer 2020

I forgot about two things:

First, activity:
    Around half of players here are EU players, I understand that we have a lot of US/NA players and people from other time zones, so expect around 6-7 BEFORE start of game time, to be the most active period of the day (evening on EU, afternoon on NA i believe). And since day is long, we will still have enough time to discuss everything, I hope.

Secondly:

Hi all gl hf
    And may the Town win.
    Yeah yeah as long as we are active that matters.

Good morning everyone! I hope this will be a great game, since it is first one for majority of people here.

Also I vote Auwt, to put early pressure on him, before he can start putting pressure on new players. My prevention attack.

-vote Auwt
    I've already seen this strat somewhere, do as you please, I will defend myself only near death sentence.

Uh, I would like you to explain this strategy please. What info exactly do you expect to obtain from lynching Auwt?
    I'm obviously a threat for Dallarian : )

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    That's a huge red flag right there with voting up a random lynch on someone who isn't even here.

I find it suspicious too.
    I appreciate your support but since its quite random no need to worry. Also you should watch out, this can be seen as 'Lets build a coalition against Dallarian the Rebel'

-unvote

-vote MartinGG99
    Firstly, I wouldnt consider myself as a game veteran, played 2 games, once as a suburdinate scum where I joined D3. The second game I didnt have much impact either sadly.
    I believe mathematic fact are useful to get understood early on the game, still. Could also be seen as a post trying to get our mind off something
    Do not forget that this save has a great amount of Citizens. So Martin could eventually not prove himself in any other way.

Not to mention Dallarian trying to rando someone (mr. Auwt) who "isn't here" at all. Haven't seen a post from him so I could kinda understand wanting to force him to talk...

Maybe just wait a few more hours to see if he speaks up? He could just be busy like I was.
    I'm trying to catch up several pages, and also had to take a break ^^
    As I said Dallarian is trying to intimidate me, wont fall in this open trap still : )

Anyway heavy hammering at L-2 instantly would make them susp as hell
    Btw Dallarian youre pretty agressive, what's happening ?

30. ISO #30

Re: Re : Re: S-FM Summer 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post
    I've already seen this strat somewhere, do as you please, I will defend myself only near death sentence.
    I'm obviously a threat for Dallarian : )
    I wonder where?
    Lynch that guy, he is an obvious threat to me.

I appreciate your support but since its quite random no need to worry. Also you should watch out, this can be seen as 'Lets build a coalition against Dallarian the Rebel'
    I am not modkilled yet, fortunately.

Firstly, I wouldnt consider myself as a game veteran, played 2 games, once as a suburdinate scum where I joined D3. The second game I didnt have much impact either sadly.
    Yes.

As I said Dallarian is trying to intimidate me, wont fall in this open trap still : )
    I loved how someone was ready to follow my vote on you.

Anyway heavy hammering at L-2 instantly would make them susp as hell
    We are in newbie game. I expect that weird things could happen, and that would be an interesting play. They would get targeted by us and everything would rely on their defence. Still could happen. I believe putting someone on L-2 or L-1 shouldn't be a thing until we talked with everyone here.
    I can't rely on Power Roles to solve the game for me. I have read a few guides and there is some awesome higher entity guiding me toward ascension.
    I cannot call my play aggressive, since I am not attacking anyone (maybe except some person who joined me in my voting against you).
    I believe you perfectly know why I have voted you. And I got what I wanted. Now ofcourse I have no idea what to do with it, gonna wrap it in nice box and put on "information" shelf.
    I am not as evil as someone, to keep my vote on them for all the day.
    -unvote

Also I wonder if I can use other HTML colors than ones given by forum. Apparently I can.

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

Re : Re: Re : Re: S-FM Summer 2020

@Auwt
    I am aware what you are going to do soon, but give us some more time to observe first, it's an interesting situation.
    Thats why I said i will wait a bit, so you guys can make your own opinion (and i will pick from them lol...uh jking).
    I'm willing to wait for every player to post (unless they wont ever), therefore i do not have to make dozens of posts talking about each of us.

33. ISO #33

Re: Re : Re: S-FM Summer 2020

Yeah yeah as long as we are active that matters.
    The perfect answer would be to insert here a video (or link), but unfortunately it is against the rules, so I will just put it in a text form.

Artanis: Do not presume to lecture me about my decisions, Tal'darim.
    Alarak: But. I so enjoy our exchanges.

But idk who is who here.

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

Guys, can we please stop answering Martin’s dumb question?

Okay, updated reads list:

Auwt - I’m not really sure what to make of him yet. Still want to see some more from him before I put him in a basket. Null.

Renegade - Still null, still tweaking me minorly. Definitely want to see more from this slot.

Dallarian - Town lean. Kind of an effusive, carefree style, along with some solid pro-town advice and a solvy attitude. Speaking of which,
    -unvote
    for now to make sure we don’t hammer early. And yes, I will get myself an avatar. Nothing solid yet but I get good feels from this slot.

MartinGG99 - Still my strongest scum read.

Helltanis - Null

Zedus - Weak town lean. Vibing with his query to Grak about if he’d volunteer to be the random lynch, it’s exactly what I said in a similar situation in game 8 (to a player who ended up mislynched town, whoops).

Grakylan - I don’t feel good about this guy. The initial ‘random’ vote (on someone who already had a vote) felt poor. The sudden about face to a much better style of play is welcome but the excuse that he, uh, forgot he was playing on forum is... weak. And he immediately jumped on a wagon that was building in a way that could be construed as opportunistic.

Really, the best thing in his favour is that he’s highly unlikely to be in a team with Martin. I don’t think scum can really afford to bus D1 with three town power roles out there, and Martin is a precarious position where he could get lynched but it’s not guaranteed. So I think it’s fairly likely that there is exactly one wolf between Grak and Martin, and if we are able to correctly identify which it is we will be able to clear the other as a bonus.

bakermir - Still my strongest town read.

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

Re: Re : S-FM Summer 2020

I will try to post my thought toward each of you later in the day.
    I've already got some ideas who could be what alignment/role.

Also confirming someone as townie and building your play around that person probably may work. Just make sure to exclude Auwt, bakermir, Dallarian and Renegate from that list.

You should be watching for behaviour patterns and who act suspiciously. I will write more on that later. Cannot spoil you everything at once.
    I'm quite curious as to what @Dallarian and @Auwt have to say later today, and whether "when" depends on one of them speaking before the other on their reads. Interesting openings from both.

41. ISO #41

MartinGG99 said a lot of "stats" to make town lynch someone. But all his arguments make no sense, although they look impressive to someone. There is only one weighty argument - the result of a d1 random lynch with a 77% chance will be the death of one of the townies. So there is NO REASON for townies be lynch-happy d1. That's why MartinGG99 is most likely evil. And he just want to kill one townie before n1 to make mafia win easier.

-vote MartinGG99

42. ISO #42

@Hellstorm

FM Important threads:
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...l=1#post828747

New player guide: (learn here how to vote Auwt!), a lot of information how to write your posts, including voting commends.
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...New-User-Guide

SuperJack's really nice thread, tips from recent players, wrote specially for us!

Very powerful, but timeconsuming tool to use: Helz guide to improving as a player.
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...-Communication

Also confirming someone as townie and building your play around that person probably may work. Just make sure to exclude Auwt, bakermir, Dallarian and Renegate from that list.

Well, since we're in mid of game, basicly try to win as townie. As I mentioned to you earlier, there is big attention placed on Day time speaking, and only a few power roles are in the game (who knows, we maybe have no investigative roles!).
    You should be watching for behaviour patterns and who act suspiciously. I will write more on that later. Cannot spoil you everything at once.

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

Okay I will be away for a while so this is my reads so far;

1. @Auwt
    Having a reserved approach but also given a hint of town. Need to see contribution to town play. Could be any role. null for now

2. @Renegade
    Seems to be okay so far. Noticed the oddity with Martin but didn't vote him up. Need more from him. null

3. @Dallarian
    It appears to me that he successfully changed topic and distracted everyone off Martin's very sketchy messages and focused on his "little game" instead. Also, most of his messages give a hint of town power and town way of thinking, but this doesn't change the fact that he is protective of Martin. Just looks like Dallarian is ready to vote anyone up here except Martin. There is something wrong here.

He is in between null and scum.

4. @MartinGG99
    Some things were said about him. But we can't deny the fact that he started the role discussion, tried to lead town from start, conflicting messages, wants to random lynch by the end of day and shown scum reflex.

I am also heavily disturbed by the fact that we have 2 mafias alive and Martin is being slow voted.

Hiding information doesn't help town. We need information on wolves. It will give us a lot of leads for the future.

biggest scum read here. i believe he needs to be trialed today as soon as possible.

5. @Helltanis
    I truly believe he is new. Still need more town input from him. null.

6. @Zedus
    Pointed out another sketchy detail about Martin. He is good in my eyes for now. town read.

7. @Grakylan
    His entrance was a mess. Changed his play entirely as soon as he got attention. That is quite scary. Not to sure what to make of but null for now.

8. @Ash Lael
    Understands sheep and wolf mentality. Every time I read their observations, I can't find anything wrong. Legit townie so far.

46. ISO #46

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    I am also heavily disturbed by the fact that we have 2 mafias alive and Martin is being slow voted.

Hiding information doesn't help town. We need information on wolves. It will give us a lot of leads for the future.
    Can you explain a bit what you mean by this? Are you saying that we should speed-lynch him rather than taking time to discuss?

47. ISO #47

48. ISO #48

49. ISO #49

Quote Originally Posted by Zedus View Post
    @MartinGG99 you literaly offer lynch someone, who will be 77% town, because "mafia have 50% chance to kill important town role", lol. You pretending to be "smart" with math, but offer stupid and dangerous action for town.
    You cant night kill a mafia unless you're vigilante or veteran. Or a smart jailor. Currently there's only about a 33% ( 1 - ( 14 / 16 ) ^ 3 ) chance just one of them exists. And they only got one activation. Also, this is directly taken from the new player guide at:
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...654#post828654

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    One of the main differences with the mod is the nearly constant presence of Citizens, and a lesser amount of power roles. However, it does not mean that the Town is less powerful than on the mod; the Town simply proceeds differently to win.

On the mod, most of the informations gathered come from "leads" given by night actions. In FM, they almost always come from day chat. The reason is simple : having 48 hours per day phase to debate, asking for explainations and being able to efficiently pressure people for them, and looking at the thread (which is like looking at the chat log on the mod) are all efficient ways to scum hunt.

50. ISO #50