Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism
Register

User Tag List

Hybrid View

1. ISO #1
    Ganelon

Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    And that's why a national living wage is a good idea.
    I’m not sure what that solves.
    This will be a very insensitive thing to say, (remember I’m not rich by any stretch of the imagination, I’m actually rather poor rn), but: I don’t think that people who don’t know what to do with money should be give any money. Free healthcare, schooling etc is a good idea, but only up to s point. I don’t think having a minimum wage is a good idea.

2. ISO #2

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    This will be a very insensitive thing to say, (remember I’m not rich by any stretch of the imagination, I’m actually rather poor rn), but: I don’t think that people who don’t know what to do with money should be give any money. Free healthcare, schooling etc is a good idea, but only up to s point. I don’t think having a minimum wage is a good idea.
    Yeah and you think those people getting billions know what the hell to do with that either? The government and the mega-wealthy are always pedalling the notion that they know best, when time and time again they've demonstrated they do not. Some people may spend some of their wage on narcotics and shit, but they would still overall spend that money better than some massive institution actively funding political propaganda or toppling foreign regimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

3. ISO #3
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Yeah and you think those people getting billions know what the hell to do with that either? The government and the mega-wealthy are always pedalling the notion that they know best, when time and time again they've demonstrated they do not. Some people may spend some of their wage on narcotics and shit, but they would still overall spend that money better than some massive institution actively funding political propaganda or toppling foreign regimes.
    They probably do for the most part, yes, although I cannot attest to that. Which companies and how many actually do the things you’ve accused them of?

4. ISO #4

They probably do for the most part, yes, although I cannot attest to that. Which companies and how many actually do the things you’ve accused them of?
    The toppling foreign regimes was about the government, though the defense industry and oil industry indirectly contribute to that through lobbying. When I said "political propaganda" I was specifically thinking of all the propaganda the Koch Brothers funds discrediting climate change. Though more broadly anyone who pours lots of money into mainstream media company's pockets through ad revenue is contributing "political propaganda". Mainstream media outlets are incentivized not to question economic power due to the source of their ad revenue.

Just look out how soft all the left wing media outlets were on Michael Bloomberg, a racist, sexist oligarch who fundamentally opposes everything anyone remotely left wing stands for. They gave him a total free pass because he put 10s of millions into their pockets by paying for his political ads.
    Last edited by yzb25; June 22nd, 2020 at 04:21 AM. Reason: typos
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    The toppling foreign regimes was about the government, though the defense industry and oil industry indirectly contribute to that through lobbying. When I said "political propaganda" I was specifically thinking of all the propaganda the Koch Brothers funds discrediting climate change. Though more broadly anyone who pours lots of money into mainstream media company's pockets through ad revenue is contributing "political propaganda". Mainstream media outlets are incentivized not to question their economic power due to the source of their ad revenue.

Just look out how soft all the left wing media outlets were on Michael Bloomberg, a racist, sexist oligarch who fundamentally opposes everything anyone remotely left wing stands for. They gave him a total free pass because he was 10s of millions into their pockets by paying for his political ads.
    I mean it's not only right-wing outlets funding political propaganda. That's just my bias showing. I oppose left wing billionnaires funding ads raising awareness for climate change. I just don't want oligarchs controlling our discourse lol

6. ISO #6

Jebus. Christ.

Poor people deserve to be poor because they don't know how to handle money. Yes I'm not shocked at all you only watch Cucker Carlson.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.