M-FM VI: Haunted Mansion Signups
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. ISO #1

M-FM VI: Haunted Mansion Signups

MFM VI: Haunted Mansion

Welcome to the Haunted Mansion MFM signup thread. The start date of this game is currently unknown. Most likely a little more than a week away (depends on FMX progress). Signups are still open, although everyone will be automatically placed in reserve for the time being. I'll hand-pick the last 6 players based on activity, attentiveness and conduct.

A few days before MFM6 begins, I will PM everyone who is currently /in as well as the 6 "chosen ones" from reserve to ask if they still want in or if they can no longer participate. Or if they'd rather be in reserve instead. Likewise, I'll PM the remaining reserves to ask if they're ready and willing to replace any dropouts.

I'm not using the first come, first served principle to determine who gets to play. Don't take this personal. It's important for this game that the players are active and attentive. Players need to study the rules carefully because it's a fairly complicated setup. As a cult setup, it also relies much on perceiving change in people's attitudes, so lurkers will break it. Even if you end up on the reserves list you might still be chosen to play, so don't let it deter you

The game is spiced up a bit with riddles that have to be answered for a certain event to take place; the opening of a crypt, which removes the night immunity and lynch immunity of the "Cult leader" and the "Serial Killer." The riddles will all be short rhymes, and the answer to them is a word.

Riddles & Keys

The Banshee and the Death Knight cannot die until the crypt has been opened. To do this, each player in possession of one of the three keys (bronze, silver and gold) must submit an -unseal action on the same night. You must already own the key before the night starts in order to use the unseal action.

At the start of Night 1, a riddle will be posted. All unconverted Exorcists, Hidden Neutrals and the Thief can PM their riddle answer to the game master. Each night, you're only alowed to submit a single answer for each riddle. If a player answers correctly, he receives the key. If multiple players give the correct answer, the key will be awarded to a random player among them. The riddle may be discussed during the day.

On night 1, the riddle for the Bronze Key will be posted.
    On night 2, the riddle for the Silver Key will be posted.
    On night 3, the riddle for the Golden Key will be posted.

Unsolved riddles will be posted each night until all 3 keys have been handed out. For example, if the Bronze Key riddle is not solved on night 1, then both the Bronze Key riddle and the Silver Key riddle will be posted on night 2.

During the day, a player who is in possession of a key can -reveal key

A player who possesses a key can -give key to player.

It's only possible to give a key to someone who has revealed a key on the same day. These commands are sent in a PM to the Game Master, similar to a mayor reveal. It's allowed to lie about possession of a key, but you can't support such a claim with a reveal.

If a player is found dead with a key on them, players can publically -vote keybearer during the day. The player with the most votes gets it. If the Banshee or the Death Knight come to be in possession of a key in this manner, they have to choose someone else to give the key to at night. If a player is lynched and had a key on them it will be revealed, but no keybearer can be chosen until the next day.

Setup

The Banshee (Lady Trianesh)
    Investigator (The Valet)

Assassin

The Paladin (Sir Bastion)
    Cleric
    Diviner

Hidden Exorcists Power Role
    Acolyte
    Acolyte
    Acolyte

The Death Knight (Sir Purigon)
    Thief
    Hidden Neutral ***
    Hidden Neutral

Hidden Exorcists Roles **: Knight, Ranger, Stalker, Bard, Herald, Undertaker, Coroner, Armoursmith, Shadow Hunter
    Hidden Neutral Roles ***: Executioner, Amnesiac, Jester, Survivor

For detailed rules, rolecards, order of operations etc, see the following thread:
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...heme-amp-Setup

If you have questions about the setup, please ask them in that thread.

Signups:
    1. TheWaaagh
    2. Goremancer
    3. CmG
    4. Rocshi
    5. Luna
    6. Kromos
    7. Mopin
    8. Guardian
    9. jimbobicus
    10. Ubernox
    11. Sumikoko
    12. wolfcheese
    13. DramaLlama

Reserves:
    GameFreak
    Mr X
    Socretin
    nanosystem
    J
    Auckmid
    Dust
    McPwnage
    Dimwit
    Escaho
    Fragos
    Deathfire123
    Nick
    Zack
    Last edited by BorkBot; February 19th, 2012 at 06:30 PM.
    [FMVI: Angel FMVIII: Gunsmith FMIX: Peasant FMX: Blacksmith
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host
    SFM-I: Spy SFM-II: Bandit SFM-III: Host SFM-VI: Skeleton Knight
    Awards: MFM-IV MVP SFM-VI MVP]

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: FM VI: Haunted Mansion Signups

Quote Originally Posted by TheWaaagh View Post
    /sign

The riddles are going to be home brew right? I don't want it to turn into a google race that's why I ask.
    Correct. I'll write them myself.

(I have been a D&D DM, so I have some experience )
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by BorkBot View Post
    Correct. I'll write them myself.

(I have been a D&D DM, so I have some experience )
    YAY D&D NERDS UNITED!!! So what kind of campaign do you run? Kick in the door? Or heavily plot&talk? Or a mix-o-both?
    https://www.maps4heroes.com/heroes5/p...opolis/cr7.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by GriM-DeMoN
    NO FUCK U IM CITIZEN
    Cock urself cuntosaurus

6. ISO #6

It's been a few years since I last played...

But I preferred to play fairly plot-heavy campaigns. I tried to direct the players to follow up on certain leads so it didn't get too open-ended (I'm less good at that). There was a lot of talking, but also quite a bit of combat (I don't believe in random encounters and random treasure, though. Combat in D&D is a chore if it doesn't advance the story in some way)

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

When I run the campaign everyone ends up dying No one asks me to DM anymore. The DM I have right now is a douche. This is what happens.
    Me: YAY I'm a rogue! I do crazy damage with a sneak attack. DM: 95% of the monsters you're fighting are undeads and constructs
    Me: YAY I'm a badass Warmage!! DM: You will be fighting a high level wizard who is good at counterspelling
    Me: YAY I'm a dread necromancer! DM: You're only fighting single, OP, Archmages
    Me: YAY I'm a Thrikreen Tempest! DM: You're fighting someone who has 35AC
    Me: YAY You're a bitch! DM: You too.
    https://www.maps4heroes.com/heroes5/p...opolis/cr7.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by GriM-DeMoN
    NO FUCK U IM CITIZEN
    Cock urself cuntosaurus

9. ISO #9

/sign
    Spoiler : fm history :
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

I almost got banned last time i played DND because i saw the plot comming in the early 2 hours of the session and spoiled a lot. End of story my Warrior was cursed with a perma mute ... :/
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

12. ISO #12

LOL, that's uber lame

I like playing characters with low intelligence (not ultra dumb and unable to speak, but just not smart, like 8-9). It's quite challenging and fun to avoid making smart decisions, intentionally overlook things or use poor logic, or to keep the solution to a puzzle to yourself (as a player) and pretending you have no clue while your party wizard with 18 int is struggling

13. ISO #13

When I finally got to pass DM duties off to someone else, I instantly went Bard. I got very creative with my cantrips...
    Spoiler : Previous FM roles :
    FM - VI: Commoner | VII: (Lionel) Gunner, Shinra Inc. | VIII: Investigator | X: (HerrZynisch) Black Wizard | (Graves) Citizen | XII: (Ser Jorah) Armoursmith | XIII: Host (Roxy)!
    M-FM- I: Host | II: Framer | III: Host | IV: Exe | V: Devil Dog | VI: Exe | VIII: DD
    S-FM - I: Jailor | II: Vigilante | V: Sheriff | CI: Paranoid Cop | Torment: Citizen

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

Also epic /sign

I can't wait to see how the key system plays out. Can't wait to get the silver + gold key together and instantly become B. J. Blaskowicz (I feel seriously old for making that reference...)
    FM - VI: Commoner | VII: (Lionel) Gunner, Shinra Inc. | VIII: Investigator | X: (HerrZynisch) Black Wizard | (Graves) Citizen | XII: (Ser Jorah) Armoursmith | XIII: Host (Roxy)!
    M-FM- I: Host | II: Framer | III: Host | IV: Exe | V: Devil Dog | VI: Exe | VIII: DD
    S-FM - I: Jailor | II: Vigilante | V: Sheriff | CI: Paranoid Cop | Torment: Citizen

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

Wolfenstein 3D Zack, the shooter which all other shooters were based off!

I'd really like to get back into D&D, my experience was many years ago. We only did 4-5 long sessions. It ran a bit like this xD

Wow this sign-up thread has gotten a bit off-topic!

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

that was pong. not Wolfenstein!

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfenstein_3D#Story

Epic plot! Almost as awesome as Doom's plot screens.

Oh, and people, you can still sign up for the MFM as well

23. ISO #23

I loved the voice samples in this game. HALT. STOP . HALT STOP. HOLD STOP .. omg

24. ISO #24

/sign
    Spoiler : FM History :
    FM VI: Commoner | FM VIII: Citizen (Tweek Tweak) | FM IX: Detective (Alexei) | FM X: Citizen (Zack) | FM XI: Citizen (Nautilus) | FM XII: Consigliere (Bronn) | FM XIII: Grave Robber (Tarkin) | FM XIV: Citizen (Mohiam) | FM XV: Electro Maniac (Togepi) | FM XVII: Citizen / Rebel (Tony Tony Chopper)

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

Re: M-FM VI: Haunted Mansion Signups

Since it's not my turn to host yet, my only option is to join.

/sign

Spoiler : Forum Mafia History :
    FMVI: Seer FMVII: Lookout FMIX: Propagandist FMX: Arsonist FMXI:Janitor FMXIII: Corrupt Journalist
    FMXIV: Lookout FM XVI: Vigilante FM XVII: Host FM XVIII: Witch FM XIX: Bounty Hunter FMXX: Electro Maniac

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

Quote Originally Posted by CmG View Post
    I loved the voice samples in this game. HALT. STOP . HALT STOP. HOLD STOP .. omg
    You forgot "Arrrgh!" "MEIN LEBEN!" and "HIHAHA"

29. ISO #29

Quote Originally Posted by Fragos View Post
    Since it's not my turn to host yet, my only option is to join.

/sign
    You don't have to play if you don't want to, you know...

30. ISO #30

-sign
    Spoiler : FM History :
    FM8 - Bebe(Citizen) FM9-Prokofi(German Medic) FM10- CptKirk(Citizen) FM11 - Caitlyn(Abstergo Agent/Citizen)
    M-FM1-Veteran(Durante) M-FM2-Detective M-FM 4- Student(Nina Einstein) M-FM6- Armorsmith
    Misc: Why-FOM (M-FM 1), SFM: The Experiment: Hosted

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

Estimate start date has been adjusted because Goremancer's SFM started sooner than I had originally anticipated. This game will start in about a week.

MFM 5 just ended, and gaps between MFMs shouldn't be too big because a lot of people want to host.

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

I don't think I should be put in reserve list. I'm sure that BorbBot's game will not have big flaws like McPwnage's game. After all, he is our Emperor Arcturus Mengsk Lelouch vi Brittannia or whatever you like to call him.

FMVI: Seer FMVII: Lookout FMIX: Propagandist FMX: Arsonist FMXI:Janitor FMXIII: Corrupt Journalist
    FMXIV: Lookout FM XVI: Vigilante FM XVII: Host FM XVIII: Witch FM XIX: Bounty Hunter FMXX: Electro Maniac

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

Quote Originally Posted by nanosystem View Post
    /sign
    Let me guess, reserve list because of lurking?
    Sorry, but yes. I know it's probably because you more of a life than I do, but in my last FM you made 1 daytime post in 4 days. That's not really up to par for a cult game

From here on, everyone gets reserve listed for the time being. I'll hand-pick the last 6 players based on activity, attentiveness and conduct.

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

Something inbetween. After hosting SFM3 and reading Luna's advice thread, I knew I made some mistakes because I gave people too much information while they could've worked things out by themselves. I confirmed someone's role by answering a question about their rolecard and referred to the FAQ when people were overlooking rules and drawing the wrong conclusions on a few occasions.

I won't be present as much this time around, though I'll still answer questions when something important isn't covered by the rules because I missed it. However, I'd prefer it if players would use day 1 to critically read the FAQ thread so that questions can be asked before the answer becomes relevant.

41. ISO #41
    Kevinpowers

/sign

42. ISO #42

/sign Time to break my m-fm haitus.
    FM6: Assassin | FM8: Citizen (Chef) | FM9: Drunkard/Teacher (Nikita) | FM10: Town Thief (Procyon) - Best Night Actions
    M-FM1: Coroner | M-FM2: Lookout | M-FM3: Framer | M-FM6: Acolyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitalier View Post
    I don't think someone named wolfcheese has a clean head.

43. ISO #43

/sign
    FMIII: Citizen | FMIV: Vigilante | FMV: Bus Driver | FMVII: Godfather | FMVI: Sinner | FMVIII: Lookout | FM IX: Citizen/Proletariat | FMX: Veteran/Survivor/Framer | FMXI: Mafioso | FMXII: Coroner | FMXIII: Bus Driver | FMXIV: Vigilante | FMXV: Student

44. ISO #44
    Kevinpowers

MFM VI: Haunted Mansion

If you have questions about the setup, please ask them in that thread.

Signups:
    1. TheWaaagh
    2. Goremancer
    3. CmG
    4. Zack
    5. Rocshi
    6. Luna
    7. McPwnage
    8. Kromos
    9. Dimwit
    10. Mopin
    11. Guardian
    12. jimbobicus
    13. Escaho
    14. Ubernox

Reserves:
    Fragos (not sure if he's really interested)
    nanosystem
    Sumikoko
    Kevinpowers
    Just a quick question. Why the reserve list when there are six spots open still?

45. ISO #45

Sorry, but yes. I know it's probably because you more of a life than I do, but in my last FM you made 1 daytime post in 4 days. That's not really up to par for a cult game

From here on, everyone gets reserve listed for the time being. I'll hand-pick the last 6 players based on activity, attentiveness and conduct.

^this ^

46. ISO #46
    Kevinpowers

Thanks CmG did not see that post. Makes perfect sense now.

47. ISO #47

48. ISO #48

Quote Originally Posted by DramaLlama View Post
    I would love to play my first MFM
    SFMs have too many lurkers and it annoys me.

-sign
    Good thing you weren't in the latest FM my friend.
    FM6: Assassin | FM8: Citizen (Chef) | FM9: Drunkard/Teacher (Nikita) | FM10: Town Thief (Procyon) - Best Night Actions
    M-FM1: Coroner | M-FM2: Lookout | M-FM3: Framer | M-FM6: Acolyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitalier View Post
    I don't think someone named wolfcheese has a clean head.

49. ISO #49

I guess BorkBot can start the game now. There are 6 unsigned spots, but 7 reserve spots.

50. ISO #50

/sign make me a full signup FM is over, and you guys lynched me before I even logged on either of my accounts
    FMIII: Citizen | FMIV: Vigilante | FMV: Bus Driver | FMVII: Godfather | FMVI: Sinner | FMVIII: Lookout | FM IX: Citizen/Proletariat | FMX: Veteran/Survivor/Framer | FMXI: Mafioso | FMXII: Coroner | FMXIII: Bus Driver | FMXIV: Vigilante | FMXV: Student