Veteran vs. Night Immunity
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Veteran vs. Night Immunity

I think Veteran should pierce night immunity. It seems like they're just a huge landmine for all town but when Godfather or SK attacks vet they survive. What's the freakin point of that? You're just a survivor that wears vests that nuke town.

It isn't like you figure out who attacks you. You just survive, and they figure out who you are. The only people that suffer are town.
    Last edited by lawson; January 27th, 2012 at 01:11 AM.

2. ISO #2

Re: Veteran vs. Night Immunity

If you're attacked N1 by the GF or SK, you've already helped the town a great deal just by surviving. You're an easy member of the town to confirm as town, and you enjoy relative immunity at night. It's a strong role, and piercing immunity would probably overpower it drastically, especially in setups where they can alert more than twice.

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by BruceCampbell View Post
    If you're attacked N1 by the GF or SK, you've already helped the town a great deal just by surviving. You're an easy member of the town to confirm as town, and you enjoy relative immunity at night. It's a strong role, and piercing immunity would probably overpower it drastically, especially in setups where they can alert more than twice.
    It is like he said though, you are a survivor that kills town. Although, you help the town by not dying, but you kills town when investigator tries to check you to make sure you aren't an SK under the guise of Vet. It should tell you who visited if anything. If you are a guy up at night, shooting anyone, and everyone that comes at you, I am pretty sure you will remember the ones that don't die to a military-grade assault rifle.

4. ISO #4

The role itself is already balanced as it is. Piercing Night immunity is like having a Bodyguard on you at night, that in addition to having invulnerability all night, kills Town, Mafia, AND Neutral who visit you. It would just be over powered.

Let the Town know you're the Veteran, if they target you, it's their fault. Not yours. No reason to change the game over it.

5. ISO #5

Random idea time: I think there could be an option not where the attack pierces invulnerability, but it removes the attacker's invulnerability from thereon. Bodyguard could also have an option like that.

Well...at least I tried to find a middle ground.
    Last edited by wolfcheese; January 27th, 2012 at 04:45 PM.
    FM6: Assassin | FM8: Citizen (Chef) | FM9: Drunkard/Teacher (Nikita) | FM10: Town Thief (Procyon) - Best Night Actions
    M-FM1: Coroner | M-FM2: Lookout | M-FM3: Framer | M-FM6: Acolyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitalier View Post
    I don't think someone named wolfcheese has a clean head.

6. ISO #6

Could also make it an option to make it a full roleblock.

Lots of nubs always think that's the case to begin with (OMG he can't be blackmailed if he's veteran cuz the blackmailer is dead!), so it could be helpful.

And you wouldn't get doused/cult recruited while on alert.
    [FMVI: Angel FMVIII: Gunsmith FMIX: Peasant FMX: Blacksmith
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host
    SFM-I: Spy SFM-II: Bandit SFM-III: Host SFM-VI: Skeleton Knight
    Awards: MFM-IV MVP SFM-VI MVP]

7. ISO #7

The solution isn't to change the Veteran's options, but simply to turn off night immunity on other roles.
    Spoiler : Previous FM roles :
    FM - VI: Commoner | VII: (Lionel) Gunner, Shinra Inc. | VIII: Investigator | X: (HerrZynisch) Black Wizard | (Graves) Citizen | XII: (Ser Jorah) Armoursmith | XIII: Host (Roxy)!
    M-FM- I: Host | II: Framer | III: Host | IV: Exe | V: Devil Dog | VI: Exe | VIII: DD
    S-FM - I: Jailor | II: Vigilante | V: Sheriff | CI: Paranoid Cop | Torment: Citizen

8. ISO #8

An arsonist without night immunity kind of sucks though.
    [FMVI: Angel FMVIII: Gunsmith FMIX: Peasant FMX: Blacksmith
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host
    SFM-I: Spy SFM-II: Bandit SFM-III: Host SFM-VI: Skeleton Knight
    Awards: MFM-IV MVP SFM-VI MVP]

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by BorkBot View Post
    Tell me about it... :P
    Spoiler : Previous FM roles :
    FM - VI: Commoner | VII: (Lionel) Gunner, Shinra Inc. | VIII: Investigator | X: (HerrZynisch) Black Wizard | (Graves) Citizen | XII: (Ser Jorah) Armoursmith | XIII: Host (Roxy)!
    M-FM- I: Host | II: Framer | III: Host | IV: Exe | V: Devil Dog | VI: Exe | VIII: DD
    S-FM - I: Jailor | II: Vigilante | V: Sheriff | CI: Paranoid Cop | Torment: Citizen

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    The solution isn't to change the Veteran's options, but simply to turn off night immunity on other roles.
    but why change all the other roles just for an exception for 1? then they would fall victim to other attackers ect. when the intention you want is just for the vet alone to have the ability to kill them at night.

I'm not a fan of the veteran personally. i think hes more harmful to the town then he is to nuets and mafia. its rare that you find games when these roles (GF, SK, Arsonist) are not immune at night. you can argue that they help town by eating the attack yes, but if you look at it that way, how if he any different then a citizen with more vests? sure he can kill a blackmailer or other visiting mafia role, but the number of town visiting roles often far outweighs those of the nuet and mafia roles that visit without immunity. and the town visiting roles are oftne vital. mafia can live without a blackmailer, a janitor or even a consig. but if the town loses a sheriff, investigator or a doctor, that's very painful.

when I'm godfather without a mafioso or a serial killer and someone claims veteran or tries to look like a veteran "bait" people if you will; i just straight up attack them in case they really are a important role bluffing, its not like the veteran can kill me anyways. the veteran role should strike more fear then that imo, you should always be warey of attacking a possible veteran. they should have an option to ignore immunity, much like the bodyguard can. while i understand the script limit doesn't allow for changes atm. still its just my opinion on the matter, take it for what it is.

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by BorkBot View Post
    Serial Killer without night immunity is kind of weak as well. And night immunity can be broken by jailor and arsonist already.
    FMXI: Citizen (Zilean). FMXII Attempt 1: Coroner. FMXII Attempt 2:Consigliere. FMXII Attempt 3 (the one that actually finished): ​Ghost (Jon)
    FMXIII: ​Observer
    https://improbable.com/airchives/pape...i3/kansas.html

13. ISO #13

Ok. I have read everything and I still think vet should pierce immunity.

My suggestion is add a check box like on bodyguard "Ignores nighttime immunity". Easy fix.

I don't think turning off nighttime immunity is a good solution because it is the community standard for GF, SK and Arson to have nighttime immunity.

Vet isn't and won't be overpowered if you make him pierce night immunity for this one simple fact: The vet has NO CONTROL over who attacks him. That's right. The vet has NO CONTROL.

Also I have no idea what you guys are referring to with balance; this game is balanced by those who make the saves not by the characters in the game. I think if you're going to offer this Veteran class as an option (I have been playing since before veteran existed) you might as well make him a worthwhile role to play. So he's a strong town? Throw in a few more neutrals. Vet without night immunity piercing is like giving you a badass Ferarri to drive and telling you that you can't drive over 35 mph with it.

What I'm saying is, if a Vet can only kill town, what's the freakin' point of playing it at all?
    Last edited by lawson; January 28th, 2012 at 07:28 AM.