Freedom of thought and speech vs morality
Register

User Tag List

Threaded View

1. ISO #22

Re: Freedom of thought and speech vs morality

You'll hate this, but honestly I think the riots are quite justified. Both black and white communities have been waiting for a very long time for serious reform of the criminal justice system and have been largely ignored. Even when a black president was elected with a supermajority nothing was done to resolve systemic racism (in fact, it was probably exacerbated). The destruction and theft of private property is unfortunate, and I obviously resolutely condemn anyone who hits a civilian. However, a lot of this destruction is just biting back at the companies which have been exploiting these communities for years. Remember, these people are sacrificing their own city to make a stand, not someone else's.

The brutality of the police isn't simply another political issue. It fundamentally violates the social contract for agents of the state to illegitimately attack and harass their own citizens. It makes the police force less of a police force and more of an occupying foreign military, and erodes the duty these citizens have to uphold law and order. Property can be replaced, but lives cannot.

Watching clips of the police crossing the line or a rioter crossing the line doesn't really capture the energy, intention or atmosphere behind these riots. It gives you the impression that these riots are just a continual spewing of inhumanity and hatred. I advise you to watch a livestream of someone actually walking around Minneapolis and talking to the general populace. Like this one: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1MnxnQDMzPoJO

p;edit https://twitter.com/UR_Ninja/status/1265896638666518531 this is what I watched and hasn't got the obnoxious chat bs lol
    Last edited by yzb25; June 1st, 2020 at 10:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.