Register

User Tag List

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #251

2. ISO #252

3. ISO #253

Re: MFMV Day 1: Hail Emperor Borkbot

Quote Originally Posted by TheWaaagh View Post
    Nah, BorkBot wins by himself if he survives for 4 days without getting lynched. We need to lynch him in order to prevent his victory.

CmG is lying about the win conditions because he is Nova.

LoL. If i am Nova you are dead N2 for sure! But your lucky day! I am not. Now go screw some sheeps.
    Spoiler : fm history :
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

4. ISO #254

Quote Originally Posted by Mopin View Post
    Hmm, my reading skills are obviously not up to your standards TheWaaagh, still haven't seen anything about that win condition.
    It's under Town win conditions.... are you serious?
    FM VI: Disciple - Shepherd(Lookout) | FM VIII: Glad Hand(Jailer) | FM IX: Anarchist | FM X: Mafioso | FM XIV: Vernius(Drug Dealer)
    M-FM II: Doctor | M-FM IV: Doctor | M-FM V: Sheriff | M-FM XI: Godfather

5. ISO #255

Though even if that is true TheWaaagh, surely it doesn't mean everyone else loses. So what's the point in not letting him win?
    Alright let me break this down for you:

Tonight, Raider's don't kill anyone. They recruit the witness. The bus driver doesn't fuck with the witness to let it happen. A shitload of citizens convert to the revolutionist. We all, town pr's included, lynch BorkBot tomorrow. We then devote all of the town's resources + the mafias to hunting the arsonist. He will only be able to kill maybe one person because it takes two nights for a kill. And we'll have the entire town hunting him, including jailor. After he dies the mafia suicides since they won when we lynched Mengsk.

The end result would be everyone wins except for whoever the Arsonist killed, if they managed to get a kill off.

6. ISO #256

Quote Originally Posted by kiranearitachi View Post
    how do you use last will on here?
    Type -Last Will in the subject line and pm it to McPwnage.

The body of your text is your last will.
    Spoiler : FM History :
    FM VI: Commoner | FM VIII: Citizen (Tweek Tweak) | FM IX: Detective (Alexei) | FM X: Citizen (Zack) | FM XI: Citizen (Nautilus) | FM XII: Consigliere (Bronn) | FM XIII: Grave Robber (Tarkin) | FM XIV: Citizen (Mohiam) | FM XV: Electro Maniac (Togepi) | FM XVII: Citizen / Rebel (Tony Tony Chopper)

7. ISO #257

Quote Originally Posted by McPwnage View Post
    Win Conditions:
    Raynor's Raiders win if at least one of them survives long enough to see Mengsk lynched
    Town wins as a faction long as Mengsk is alive at the end, if Mengsk is lynched only the surviving town members win. Regardless of if Mengsk is alive town members have to eliminate Raynor's Raiders, and the Devil Dog to win
    Devil Dog be the last man alive, can win with Raynor's Raiders if they have fufilled their win condition
    ahem
    FM VI: Disciple - Shepherd(Lookout) | FM VIII: Glad Hand(Jailer) | FM IX: Anarchist | FM X: Mafioso | FM XIV: Vernius(Drug Dealer)

8. ISO #258

Tonight, Raider's don't kill anyone. They recruit the witness. The bus driver doesn't fuck with the witness to let it happen. A shitload of citizens convert to the revolutionist. We all, town pr's included, lynch BorkBot tomorrow. We then devote all of the town's resources + the mafias to hunting the arsonist. He will only be able to kill maybe one person because it takes two nights for a kill. And we'll have the entire town hunting him, including jailor. After he dies the mafia suicides since they won when we lynched Mengsk.

The end result would be everyone wins except for whoever the Arsonist killed, if they managed to get a kill off.
    very well laid out plan i am likeing it

9. ISO #259

If it is really that easy then i am afk until the end. Because this whole thing would only be a waste of time for anyone.

WTF IS THIS IRC FM?
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

10. ISO #260

What happens if Raynor dies before BorkBot? How remaining "revolutionists" will be able to win, as they cannot recruit anyone? Behead the devil, and Godbot will smile on you

Spoiler : Forum Mafia History :
    FMVI: Seer FMVII: Lookout FMIX: Propagandist FMX: Arsonist FMXI:Janitor FMXIII: Corrupt Journalist
    FMXIV: Lookout FM XVI: Vigilante FM XVII: Host FM XVIII: Witch FM XIX: Bounty Hunter FMXX: Electro Maniac

11. ISO #261

12. ISO #262

TheWaaagh's plan works. The mafia only need to survive long enough to lynch Mengsk then we kill them and the arsonist and win.
    Spoiler : FM History :
    FM VI: Commoner | FM VIII: Citizen (Tweek Tweak) | FM IX: Detective (Alexei) | FM X: Citizen (Zack) | FM XI: Citizen (Nautilus) | FM XII: Consigliere (Bronn) | FM XIII: Grave Robber (Tarkin) | FM XIV: Citizen (Mohiam) | FM XV: Electro Maniac (Togepi) | FM XVII: Citizen / Rebel (Tony Tony Chopper)

13. ISO #263

Scum so far, TheWaaagh, Mopin, Nick for obvious reasons.
    Frogos cuz he s french.

Dimwit: Posts only filler.

Borkbot: Mengsk

Possible neutrals: Luna

14. ISO #264

Since there's no serial killer there's no reason to be afraid of that line about only surviving town members winning. None of us will die if the Raiders never attack us. They have no kill quota to meet. They're like a chiller version of Lucifer and I'm down with that.

The vigilante/jailor can't kill tonight Fragos. So as long as the Raiders choose not to kill anyone tonight, I will take that as a sign that they are willing to cooperate. At which point we lynch BorkBot, and then they reveal themselves so investigations don't overlap. Should be easy to find Arsonist after that.

15. ISO #265

16. ISO #266

Since there's no serial killer there's no reason to be afraid of that line about only surviving town members winning. None of us will die if the Raiders never attack us. They have no kill quota to meet. They're like a chiller version of Lucifer and I'm down with that.

The vigilante/jailor can't kill tonight Fragos. So as long as the Raiders choose not to kill anyone tonight, I will take that as a sign that they are willing to cooperate. At which point we lynch BorkBot, and then they reveal themselves so investigations don't overlap. Should be easy to find Arsonist after that.
    souds good but we need a backup plan is mafia doesnt cooperate

17. ISO #267

Quote Originally Posted by kiranearitachi View Post
    souds good but we need a backup plan is mafia doesnt cooperate
    Which they won't. It'll be a big ploy. Calling it now.

18. ISO #268

19. ISO #269

20. ISO #270

21. ISO #271

I really hate that approach Waaagh. It's not about finding the way for the most people to win! It's about almost getting in-character and fighting for your cause. I would think that townies would be forbidden from voting for Mengsk.

If you always tried to go the way that involved the most people winning then mafia would have lost it's enjoyment and appeal.

Sure, a few people get the end of the stick and might as well give up because everyone else is against them, but that's ok because it's all for the greater good!

22. ISO #272

23. ISO #273

Quote Originally Posted by Ubernox View Post
    I would think that townies would be forbidden from voting for Mengsk.
    There is much to learn beyond the bridge of your nose.

24. ISO #274

Don't think we should do this plan. It should work, but won't exactly be very fun to play, even if we do win.
    Then the mafia should kill you tonight.

Also, mafia try not to fall for McPwnage's m-fm points ploy about surviving instead of dying after we find arsonist. Points do not matter, you can not buy anything with them.

25. ISO #275

I know Dark Revenant was VERY displeased with the FMVI game when it ended with Sin win. He was really bored after that. I do not want the current game to turn like that.

FMVI: Seer FMVII: Lookout FMIX: Propagandist FMX: Arsonist FMXI:Janitor FMXIII: Corrupt Journalist
    FMXIV: Lookout FM XVI: Vigilante FM XVII: Host FM XVIII: Witch FM XIX: Bounty Hunter FMXX: Electro Maniac

26. ISO #276

27. ISO #277

Quote Originally Posted by Fragos View Post
    I know Dark Revenant was VERY displeased with the FMVI game when it ended with Sin win. He was really bored after that. I do not want the current game to turn like that.
    Agreed. That game was terrible because of plans like Waaagh's one which involved artificially manipulating the natural course of the game so "the most people could win".

28. ISO #278

29. ISO #279

30. ISO #280

So, if those guys who want to vote BorkBot are really town, does that means they are basically throwing the game away from their faction?

31. ISO #281

32. ISO #282

33. ISO #283

Not exactly Fragos, though I still think these kind of tactics should be disallowed. As it's basically cheating the game just to win, and not playing it properly.
    You sure you're not a bodyguard? How about a jailor? You're definitely not a citizen that's for sure.

34. ISO #284

35. ISO #285

Honestly I tried to take what worked from that game and cut out what didn't work. The idea itself was bold and daring and I admire him for trying it but the mechanics didn't really work that well and the balance wasn't really thought out. I posted a rant on why it didn't work well but that got deleted because someone was butthurt about it.

36. ISO #286

37. ISO #287

What a disgusting Day 1 where people try to be productive.

38. ISO #288

I tried to go with the flow too. But the flow ended with Sin win even after Lucufer was lynched. (we are talking about FMVI). Is the game flow here will also continue like that?

39. ISO #289

FM6 was an experiment and it had some good mechanics and some really broken ones. 70% neutrals can only end in a big suckfest full of lurkers.

40. ISO #290

41. ISO #291

Scum's Nightmare that's for sure!

42. ISO #292

By the way, everyone already posted. You can end Day 1 now, McPwnage.

43. ISO #293

By the way, everyone already posted. You can end Day 1 now, McPwnage.
    Again I say, pay attention.

Still got 2-3 hours left.

44. ISO #294

Quote Originally Posted by McPwnage View Post
    kira learn to read. Also I am in class now, and thus have to at least focus half my attention on the class. Day will end around 5 or 6pm so feel free to post until then.
    So yeah

45. ISO #295

You're saying that if I was a citizen I would want to quickly end the game? I'm not claiming cit here at all, but whatever role I am I would not try and win using this strategy.
    Oh I get it, because you're the arsonist. And they can't win using this strategy.

46. ISO #296

47. ISO #297

consider the day over. FAQ thread has been updated with questions posted on the board, mafia chat, and pm's, go read it. Night will start around 6:00pm EST (-5) tonight and end around 6:00pm EST tomorrow.
    Last edited by McJesus; January 19th, 2012 at 11:32 AM.

48. ISO #298

Night 1: Hacktivists

It started like a perfectly ordinary day for the Dominion Times, the publication was busy preparing the days news and looking through their job applications. The chief editor Kevin McP had found an application he liked. He read the piece over.
    With striking enthusiasm Kevin said “I think I’ll hire this guy.” Then all the computers went black. Everyone looked around in shock to try and figure out what was happening. The lights were still on so there couldn’t have been a power outage. Then a message appeared on all of the papers computers,
    “So I heard you wanted a journalist”
    Panic ensued, the Dominion Times had been hacked…

Night will end at 5:00pm EST Friday January 20th

49. ISO #299

MFMV Day 2: Media Takeover

The next morning Korhal awakened to panic and anarchy. A rebel terrorist calling himself the witness had taken over the Dominion Times, Korhal’s only state run news website. No papers were published this morning, only a manifesto posted online reading

~ The ~
    Dominion Revolutionary Times
    Some might say that the power of Arcturus Mengsk is supreme, and that none can stand up to the might of his Dominion. Even now, his Ghost agents stalk the streets, exacting harsh justice, and General Warfield’s men seek to root out any restless rebels and insane pyromaniacs. And you would be right to think that Mengsk, with everything he has at his disposal, is unstoppable.

But, my dear readers, that is a fallacy that Mengsk seeks to spread. His control over his own planet is frayed and weak at best, non-existent and worthless at worst. Even now, agents of the freedom fighters group “Raynor’s Raiders” are seeking to recruit any willing citizens to join the front against Mengsk’s oppression! While the paramilitary group itself acts as a self-contained force, it continually recruits from the very people that Mengsk relies on to maintain power.

At moment, their presence in Korhal consists primarily of the legendary Jim Raynor himself, as well as his trusty side-kick and companion Matt Horner, who I hear is now the most eligible bachelor in the galaxy, if any of you ladies are interested. For the time being, the Raiders can only conduct small, individual assassinations, but once enough people see the truth and join their cause, they will begin to stage an outright rebellion! The streets of Korhal will be filled with rioting civilians, and the agents of Mengsk will not stand a chance, and will be taken out at twice the speed that they previously were. Surely, Mengsk does not stand a chance.

However, there is one thing in Mengsk’s favour: one of his top ghost agents, known only as Nova, is on the prowl. She is sworn to Mengsk’s service, and will stop at nothing to nip this fight for freedom in the bud. She is one of the most skilled ghost agents in the galaxy. Surely, she will quickly eliminate this revolution before it has even started? No! She is still en route to Korhol from one of her recent off-world missions. She will be here by tomorrow, but not before Raynor has made his move!

Yet another thing in our favour is the terrible Devil Dog. You may have heard about him, and you may fear him from what Mengsk has told you of him. Lies! The Devil Dog is a lone agent, a maverick, who had only acted in self defence against soldiers of Warfield who wrongly attacked him in his home. He does not share the same goals as Raynor’s Raiders, but his goals are not conflicting with theirs either. It would be mutually beneficial for this Devil Dog and for Raynor’s Raiders if they joined forces against Mengsk. The Devil Dog is certainly a force to be reckoned with. Every night he will douse one of his targets, using his own personal mixture of chemicals. Every time he douses someone, he leaves a special chemical trail leading from them to his last target. This means that when he’s ready, the Devil Dog will ignite this trail of chemicals, causing a chain reaction and taking out all of his targets in one fell swoop. These chemicals are so dangerously flammable that, when ignited, they almost instantly turn all they touch into ashes and vapour. Reports claim that those incinerated by the Devil Dog are completely unidentifiable. Let that sink in for a second. If the Devil Dog and Raynor’s Raiders were to work in tandem, some of the highest-ranking officers and agents of Mengsk’s regime could be inconspicuously taken out and replaced with members of Raynor’s Raiders. There would be no body left to prove that these infiltrators were not what they claimed to be.

This set up, of a planet perched on the brink of revolution, would surely have been a close-fought battle either way, if it wasn’t for one deciding factor. I, the witness, know Mengsk’s dark secret, and I have proof too. Once I make contact with Raynor, I shall release it through the medium of mass media, and show al of the Dominion what their “white knight” ruler has actually done. I will give the people a chance to rise up, a reason to rebel. Many will flock to Raynor’s Raiders, hoping to join their fight against oppression, while all will no doubt be disillusioned and alienated to the ruler they so recently loved and adored unquestioningly.

There is no grey in this setup. There is only black and white: will you fight tyranny, oppression and corruption? Will you join the Raiders in their righteous quest for justice? Or will you side with the man who has used the Zerg to kill an entire planet of innocents, just so that he could be in the position of power that he is in today? Regardless, revolution is coming. You can either join it or be swept away by it. Either way, Mengsk doesn’t stand a chance.

This is The Witness, signing off.

Mengsk was furious at the site of this Manifesto. He called Grand Moff Tarkin, manager in charge of security for Korhal. “Who is responsible for this treachery?” Mengsk yelled at the top of his lungs. “Sir everything is offline, whoever this hacker is he definitely has had to have access to our systems for long enough to build this virus from the inside. We can’t trace him because all of our security is dead sir.”

“Find the bastard, find him now by any means nessecary!”

Meanwhile Jaczac was found dead on the floor of his own house in a pool of blood. He had been torn apart by several rounds from a C-14 assault rifle. This was clearly the work of Raynor’s Raiders who were making their presence known. Jaczac’s role was lookout.

Jaczac did not leave a last will but a deathnote was found next to his corpse:
    “LYNCH MENGSK IF U WANT US TO STOP KILLING. CANT TRUST U TO LYNCH HIM RIGHT NOW SO HAVE 2 KILL. IF YOU LYNCH MENGSK, WE LET U LYNCH US + ARSO AND WIN. WE REVEAL + HELP TOWN FIND ARSO.”

Player LIST:
    CmG
    Rocshi
    Goremancer
    Borkbot
    Kromos
    Crimson
    Deathfire123
    Mopin
    Fragos
    Nanosystem
    Luna
    Ubernox
    Escaho
    Sumikoko
    TheWaaagh
    Dimwit
    kiranearitachi
    FYRE
    Nick

Role List:

Raynor's Raiders:

Jim Raynor
    Matt Horner
    Gabriel Tosh

Neutrals:
    The Witness (journalist)
    Devil Dog: Arsonist
    Town:
    Arcturus Mengsk (Borkbot)
    Nova
    General Warfeild
    Medic
    Dropship
    Jailor
    Random Town Power
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen

There is a possible maximum of 1 revolutionists
    Graveyard:
    jaczac (lookout)

It will take 10 votes to lynch, day ends at 12:00am EST monday due to delays.

50. ISO #300