S-FM President - Page 16
Register

User Tag List

Page 16 of 89 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: S-FM President

1. ISO #751

Re: S-FM President

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson View Post
    Good evening colleagues and countrymen. From my home in the Poplar Forrest of beautiful Virginia, I have read this thread diligently in front of the fire, sipping some fine American tea. From this, accompanied by my studies, I have concluded I absolutely hate Day one, and the culture of seriousness veiled around what can only be described as a pile of shit-post. Paired with this sentiment are some other trailing thoughts and whims. Are we as a nation seriously supposed to fabricate elaborate reads and charts based on platitudes like "gut feelings" and "slip ups?" Colleaguees, we cannot stand if we rely on so called "reads" on shitpost, filler,, and Roleplay. I have read through hundreds of posts- and this is what I have distilled.

Trump and Washington are the embodiment of filler. I have not seen anything substantial from them at all- which I am perfectly OK with for now since this is Day one. This nation needs someone like Trump to heal this divided and heated conversation. Washington is the only one actively seeking a vote- nothing more and nothing less from me.

Where is Bush? I really wanted to be Bush he is the best president to roleplay as. I eagerly await his arrival.

Lincoln is either the highest town in the game, or the lowest town- so to speak. General town-ish ideas such as wanting reads, placing pressure, and asking people to talk and vote are good, but also exibited by such men as Kennedy, Truman, and Obama. I thought he was the best bet for town until his out of character backlash against Truman's reads. Honestly shocked me to see such a lack of grace. Right now I don't see any reason why he isn't town, I am solely offering a cautionary sentiment.

I am a simple person, entranced by simple pleasures and compassed by simple principals. I see these Obama, Truman, Kennedy under the same light of taking Day one too seriously. The real fun starts tomorrow.

Expect my presence to be centered around the Eastern Time Zone, where my home Monticello is located.
    Um, no mention of me nor my hard claim? What kind of special tea are you sipping on?

2. ISO #752

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Truman View Post
    I will imply that. And i will very outwardly state that we have to be careful voting anyone who could be neutral since one misplaced vote can easily mean their election. And in the case of a designated survivor, that means surrendering town power for what could easily be the entire rest of the game
    Indeed.
    John F. Kennedy = John Fuck Kennedy.

3. ISO #753

I forgot some minor thoughts.

What good reason does those who vote for Roosevelt have? I don't see anything positive he has done-- In fact anything at all. The character of those who stir up the pot for the sake of stirring up the pot will not receive my vote. I want a stable, level headed man to lead us.

Also, Day one claims are as redundant as slaves rights. Aside from that, Clinton has received much more criticism than he deserves, I do not know why he is the target.

4. ISO #754

Good evening colleagues and countrymen. From my home in the Poplar Forrest of beautiful Virginia, I have read this thread diligently in front of the fire, sipping some fine American tea. From this, accompanied by my studies, I have concluded I absolutely hate Day one, and the culture of seriousness veiled around what can only be described as a pile of shit-post. Paired with this sentiment are some other trailing thoughts and whims. Are we as a nation seriously supposed to fabricate elaborate reads and charts based on platitudes like "gut feelings" and "slip ups?" Colleaguees, we cannot stand if we rely on so called "reads" on shitpost, filler,, and Roleplay. I have read through hundreds of posts- and this is what I have distilled.

Trump and Washington are the embodiment of filler. I have not seen anything substantial from them at all- which I am perfectly OK with for now since this is Day one. This nation needs someone like Trump to heal this divided and heated conversation. Washington is the only one actively seeking a vote- nothing more and nothing less from me.

Where is Bush? I really wanted to be Bush he is the best president to roleplay as. I eagerly await his arrival.

Lincoln is either the highest town in the game, or the lowest town- so to speak. General town-ish ideas such as wanting reads, placing pressure, and asking people to talk and vote are good, but also exibited by such men as Kennedy, Truman, and Obama. I thought he was the best bet for town until his out of character backlash against Truman's reads. Honestly shocked me to see such a lack of grace. Right now I don't see any reason why he isn't town, I am solely offering a cautionary sentiment.

I am a simple person, entranced by simple pleasures and compassed by simple principals. I see these Obama, Truman, Kennedy under the same light of taking Day one too seriously. The real fun starts tomorrow.

Expect my presence to be centered around the Eastern Time Zone, where my home Monticello is located.
    What about me?

Also, if you don’t see value in D1 you should go play the mod where everyone has a power role because the essence of FM is to be able to figure out who the scum are without having to over rely on the role powers

5. ISO #755

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Nixon View Post
    The survivor can’t go against town wishes early game without guaranteeing his own death, so in reality the town gets +3 votes for the first half of game if he is elected. We have a hardclaimed assassin who can be commanded to kill him too if necessary
    Y’all keep talking about “Surrendering town power” to the neut but seem to be missing the point that other people we elect could easily be mafia and a SINGLE mafia president would be almost a sure loss for the town

6. ISO #756

May you exist a bit more? How do you think D2 is meaningful? BECAUSE WE GOT THINGS TO ANALYZE BECAUSE OF D1 MESS. The real fun is all o'er the game, good sir.

7. ISO #757

Y’all keep talking about “Surrendering town power” to the neut but seem to be missing the point that other people we elect could easily be mafia and a SINGLE mafia president would be almost a sure loss for the town
    and you aren’t considering whatsoever that an early neut claim is a mafia move, when that’s ridiculously common?

nixon you’re lookin worse and worse

8. ISO #758

I forgot some minor thoughts.

What good reason does those who vote for Roosevelt have? I don't see anything positive he has done-- In fact anything at all. The character of those who stir up the pot for the sake of stirring up the pot will not receive my vote. I want a stable, level headed man to lead us.

Also, Day one claims are as redundant as slaves rights. Aside from that, Clinton has received much more criticism than he deserves, I do not know why he is the target.
    ^^ Now you may ignore my last post, as you just posted a summary of the entire game in 5 lines. I'm gonna kick your ass up my list of reads

Because he is town, good sir. Now that you have posted more, the game becomes clearer.

9. ISO #759

What about me?

Also, if you don’t see value in D1 you should go play the mod where everyone has a power role because the essence of FM is to be able to figure out who the scum are without having to over rely on the role powers
    Well spoke, my lord.

10. ISO #760

A 4th scum would too if I was surv I would side with scum at that point because 6 votes on a scum team is OP.

11. ISO #761

Quote Originally Posted by John Kennedy View Post
    May you exist a bit more? How do you think D2 is meaningful? BECAUSE WE GOT THINGS TO ANALYZE BECAUSE OF D1 MESS. The real fun is all o'er the game, good sir.
    I most definitely will kind sir. After actions have been carried out is when pressure can be applied in any meaningful way. A mess- that is exactly what Day one is. Not discrediting the sort of baseline Day one can create of someones character, just stating that more substance is found as time goes on and its not productive to jump to conclusions.

12. ISO #762

13. ISO #763

I most definitely will kind sir. After actions have been carried out is when pressure can be applied in any meaningful way. A mess- that is exactly what Day one is. Not discrediting the sort of baseline Day one can create of someones character, just stating that more substance is found as time goes on and its not productive to jump to conclusions.
    I wanted you to contribute. I had my wish. Your willingness to play without spam and with logic honours you, Sir.

14. ISO #764

15. ISO #765

-vote Richard Nixon
    I really get a bad feeling from this slot, and the position he holds so firmly against the Designated Survivor not being elected, which is in harmony with the Constitution of the United States of America, is strange. I sense that he is a corrupted being.

@Theodore Roosevelt , where are you? You're not going to be less suspicious because you vanish, sir.

16. ISO #766

-vote Richard Nixon
    I really get a bad feeling from this slot, and the position he holds so firmly against the Designated Survivor not being elected, which is in harmony with the Constitution of the United States of America, is strange. I sense that he is a corrupted being.

@Theodore Roosevelt , where are you? You're not going to be less suspicious because you vanish, sir.
    did you mean to vote me? what’s goin on here. I can’t make sense of this exchange right now

17. ISO #767

18. ISO #768

19. ISO #769

Assuming that a neutral claim can’t be mafia sounds like something a hasty scum would do unintentionally. I wanna hear a case here
    Spoiler : Case :

Spoiler : Real case :
    He was being suspected a lot. Then he claimed neutral. Which stupid mafia claims a neutral role when already suspected in FM? It's a suicide. The only reason to do so is to be a real neutral.

20. ISO #770

21. ISO #771

did you mean to vote me? what’s goin on here. I can’t make sense of this exchange right now
    It's called a redirection. Nixon is quite scummy by his general behavior and is going under the radar. My money is on him being scum atm. Then, Roosevelt disappears when the situation is going to turn wrong for him. It's scummy, and noone pointed it out. Which is even more scummy (why would a scummate out this?).

22. ISO #772

Spoiler : Case :

Spoiler : Real case :
    He was being suspected a lot. Then he claimed neutral. Which stupid mafia claims a neutral role when already suspected in FM? It's a suicide. The only reason to do so is to be a real neutral.
    that assumes a ton of wifom. i didn’t see him getting suspected enough for that to be a valid play in that case anyway, especially with no lynch on the line. i guess it’s inconsequential for the moment since we don’t have the option to kill him immediately anyways

23. ISO #773

It's called a redirection. Nixon is quite scummy by his general behavior and is going under the radar. My money is on him being scum atm. Then, Roosevelt disappears when the situation is going to turn wrong for him. It's scummy, and noone pointed it out. Which is even more scummy (why would a scummate out this?).
    oh. you had a double negative in that post before. i get it now, sorry. walkin in busy streets here in the U S A

24. ISO #774

25. ISO #775

26. ISO #776

that assumes a ton of wifom. i didn’t see him getting suspected enough for that to be a valid play in that case anyway, especially with no lynch on the line. i guess it’s inconsequential for the moment since we don’t have the option to kill him immediately anyways
    As long as he's not elected, I'm good. If we are unsure tomorrow, lynch him. That's it that's all.

27. ISO #777

28. ISO #778

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Clinton View Post
    There are 2 people who have not posted so reads are useless to me. 2 players can be a huge deal.

The argument was pointless, pulled no new information out and was possibly staged by mafia.

I revealed my role because no other TPRs had revealed, so we can have protective role on me and I can use my ability during the day. ez
    If I'm not getting voted today I may have to shoot today (or tonight once I check OoO).
    2 people out of 12 have not posted, so reads are worthless and we have 500 posts by the time this was posted... u serious?

29. ISO #779

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln View Post
    I've thought about it, and, actually, DO NOT SHOOT TODAY. IMO you shouldn't reveal AT ALL if you're town assassin, you can claim Citizen and nobody will suspect anything.
    no roles should reveal at all, nobody should be shot, nothing today. let night actions happen, this is one of those setups where killing D1 will be higher risk than reward.

30. ISO #780

I may be wrong, but it seemed to me that Obama might've tried to cover for Clinton...
    also curious that obama is starting to get in the spotlight and isnt up here posting.....im on post 481 right now, so if there is posts between now and then I have not seen them yet and will address it when I am there.

31. ISO #781

Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt View Post
    2 people out of 12 have not posted, so reads are worthless and we have 500 posts by the time this was posted... u serious?
    1 now, 2 if we count Trump as a non-poster. Jefferson was more productive than Trump BY FAR lol. He's a strong townread for me. But this is OOC :P

People tend to think that D1 is useless. It's stupid, yes, but it's NAI... ;-;

32. ISO #782

33. ISO #783

Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt View Post
    also curious that obama is starting to get in the spotlight and isnt up here posting.....im on post 481 right now, so if there is posts between now and then I have not seen them yet and will address it when I am there.
    If Obama is scum I'll be surprised.

34. ISO #784

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Clinton View Post
    I can shoot you now to prove it and get elected president

i'm not a noob
    umm no it doesnt confirm u as town. You could be the Mafia killer as well i believe. I think it just labels you as a vigi, not the role specifically....

@SuperJack If the mafia vigi and town vigi shoot, does it actually confirm their alignment? or does it confirm that the player shot someone and could still be either alignment?

35. ISO #785

And if I'm scum, which I amn't, who do you see me paired with? And, since I am town, my being buddied by Roosevelt is NAI for him. He could be scum if I'm town and he could be town if I'm town. You STILL haven't shared your reads.
    I shall follow Lincoln to the ends of this earth....

36. ISO #786

37. ISO #787

Lincoln confirmed turncoat GG

Clinton's assassin claim doesn't make any sense. If he doesn't really understand the setup then I would say it's pretty scum indicative (since he's trying for president too, which would mean he just wants a safe position I guess). But it could be a misunderstanding or... something. The 8-ball reads try again later. I will watch from my perch.

Lincoln's "reads list" assertion seems like another forced attempt at earning credit. And he just threw a statement out about a neutral role. strong scum // neutral with the information we have
    im still catching up, im on post 510, but i really hope u did more than pop in, discredit and leave - looking forward to the next few pages to see that so far u do not offer ur own reads and scenarios, but you discredit others trying to do that.

38. ISO #788

OK this is the last fucking straw. Tell me how in the fuck I slipped that I am turncoat. First I'm MAFIA, now I'm the fucking turncoat? I was fucking stating that if Clinton kills me today, people will not view that as townish BECAUSE I AM FUCKING TOWN and because I am actually one of the few people here not to be a fucking lethargic scumbag.
    this shows of town frustration.

39. ISO #789

40. ISO #790

41. ISO #791

42. ISO #792

Quote Originally Posted by Barack Obama View Post
    very rudimentary
    Me obviously
    Abraham Lincoln strong town
    John Kennedy and Richard Nixon contributing. kennedy over nixon in this case
    Theodore Roosevelt leaning town but could go either way
    Bill Clinton null leaning town
    Donald Trump actively refusing to contribute
    George Washington this is a bit of an awkward scumread for me because i feel like he is kind of flying under the radar. in reality he's probably less scummy than trump but i feel like nobody is associating with him so in my eyes he seems more likely to be scum. its an uncomfortable and unconfident read but its something that needs to be addressed.

These are really shitty reads I know, but they are what I have right now.
    If I left anyone out its because I've got no strong opinion on them.
    ah, so now reads lists are something your willng to do!!!!

43. ISO #793

44. ISO #794

Abraham Lincoln. He is pushing the town to get out of the lethargy really hard, and I believe scum would not do that. The fact he is being pushed at a bit makes me think even more he's town. I would give my life to that man.
    Barack Obama. Even if some people are saying he was covering for Clinton, I believe he is town for reasons stated before. I would however like a list of reads and a bit more contribution from that slot.

Harry Truman. His reaction to the argument with Roosevelt was really town-like. However, the big post about Lincoln being weird is slightly suspicious.
    George Washington. Gut town read, tbh. I feel like he's a citizen willing to be president, but not really involved in the game. This read is subject to changes, due to the lack of content of his posts.

Ronald Reagan. Quite null, but slightly slightly townish. It's gut again, because this game is quite inactive for the # of players in it.
    Thomas Jefferson. His one post was the post of a townie getting into the game. Then having IRL issues. But since it's just one hello post, I can't really base my reads off that...

Bush hidden in a bush, and Trump because he has only done NAI stuff, and by the law of entropy he shall go down if he keeps that behavior. And Nixon because idk.

Bill Clinton. Seriously, the Assassin claim... I find him scummy, but I believe a scum wouldn't do that. So I'm confused as hell about this slot. He jumped on Lincoln a lot, and in scummy ways. Plus the bruiser question lol.

Roosevelt gets top scum read, even if I'm unsure. He feels forced. Like a bad clone of a good town player. I'm not sure if the Truman - Roosevelt argument was TvT, and I believe Truman is town. Sooo... yeah.

I want to point out something: This is the list of my thoughts, my logical thoughts. But my feelings are telling me that Clinton is town, even if his actions are scummy. This list is subject to changes, so don't take it as gospel.
    Truman, Obama, Washington as strong town reads? this sounds like a scums list.. lol

45. ISO #795

46. ISO #796

47. ISO #797

48. ISO #798

49. ISO #799

50. ISO #800