M-FM IV Gamethread - Page 4
Register

User Tag List

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #151

Re: M-FM IV Day 1/Night 1: A Knight for Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I claim Executioner.
    Who's your target?
    Spoiler : FM History :
    FM VI: Commoner | FM VIII: Citizen (Tweek Tweak) | FM IX: Detective (Alexei) | FM X: Citizen (Zack) | FM XI: Citizen (Nautilus) | FM XII: Consigliere (Bronn) | FM XIII: Grave Robber (Tarkin) | FM XIV: Citizen (Mohiam) | FM XV: Electro Maniac (Togepi) | FM XVII: Citizen / Rebel (Tony Tony Chopper)

2. ISO #152

Looks like you have thought this setup through more than I have, Kromos. The executioner/investigator made sense to me, but jester/spy was just weird.

Town aligned jester, however... why would anyone lynch a doc/armoursmith who can confirm himself by stating who they gave their armour to? Mi no comprende.
    [FMVI: Angel FMVIII: Gunsmith FMIX: Peasant FMX: Blacksmith
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host
    SFM-I: Spy SFM-II: Bandit SFM-III: Host SFM-VI: Skeleton Knight
    Awards: MFM-IV MVP SFM-VI MVP]

3. ISO #153

I like filling out questionnaires.

But, to be fair, Kromos, the last time you tried to convince people to fill out a questionnaire to determine their allegiance to the Town, you yourself turned out to be the final scum left in the game. ;)

Who is the person you trust the most? (You can only answer with a name. DON'T say you trust no one or haven't mind your mind up yet. Who is the person you instinctively trust the most from what they have said so far?) Why do you trust them the most?

Guardian. He answered your questionnaire almost immediately, relayed his concerns about the town's possibility of losing quickly if a killing role or member of an opposing faction is not taken out quickly, and decidedly believes the factions that oppose the town are not in an "unfair" position (someone pro-town would read more into the opponent's roles [except their own] and be worried about what they can do).

Then again, it could just be a ploy to make us think that when really he is scum trying to appear pro-town...

I always over analyze things...

Do you think this game is unfair (imbalanced against) for the Town? Why / why not?

My initial reaction was no, but then changed to yes. If I'm understanding everything correctly, Diethard (Brown Neutral) has a 5/19 (26.3%) chance to convert a Student on Night 1. Jeremiah (Orange Neutral) has a 16/19 (84.2%) chance of killing a role on Night 1 (assuming all roles successfully block/defend someone else [Doc/Jailor/Godfather]. However, 2 BGs can neutralize this threat). And the Mafia has the same 16/19 (84.2%) chance, however they can also plant a bomb in addition to eliminate another threat.

Basically, it's possible that, after Night 1, it will be 9 (town) vs 4 (Mafia) vs 2 (Brown neutral + recruit) vs 1 (Orange neutral) vs 1 (Jester) vs 1 (Executioner) [or, looking at it another way, 9 versus 9, as Guardian said].

In comparison, a normal SC2 Mafia setup with 10 town, 1 benign neutral, 3 mafia, and 1 serial killer will result in 8v5 after 2 deaths on night 1.

That's just my opinion, of course, as, for all I know, Town could pull out the win here easily. Sometimes it's hard to predict, but my initial assumption would be that town is at a disadvantage. However, they do have those killing roles (Jailor/x2 BGs/Vigi) if the detectives/investigators are efficient. Losing them early will be more detrimental than in a regular game of mafia, imo, as town can lose majority quickly if they do not work together.

Do you think this game is unfair for the Mafia? Why / why not?

Not particularly. Assuming they can avoid the Orange Neutral kill on Night 1, they should be in pretty good shape. The Brown Neutral cannot recruit them and Lelouch is almost sitting pretty as far as Investigative roles finding him are concerned. However, the Lookout could do him in.

I would give them the edge in this format, actually (and that bomb can be pretty handy for anyone who role claims an Invest role [which must be taken into account]).

Do you think this game is unfair for Jeremiah Gottwald? Why / why not?

A regular serial killer in this format is deadly for Jeremiah. He must avoid 2 BGs, the Jailor's execution, the Vigi's shot, and the Mafia all at the same time. I'd say he's pretty doomed.

Do you think this game is unfair for Diethard Ried? Why / why not?

Similarly, if Diethard does not recruit at least 2 students quickly, he's toast. The town's forces are deadly against neutral units that are on their own.

Question for Deathfire:
    If Diethard recruits at least one student or recruits several students, and Diethard dies, but the recruited students are the lone survivors, does Diethard win as a faction with the students? (I assume this is like the Cultist power?)

4. ISO #154

5. ISO #155

Quote Originally Posted by McPwnage View Post
    eh I keep looking for the FAQ thread and not finding it, link please?
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...Q-Roles-Thread
    FM VI: Commoner | FM VIII: Citizen (Tweek Tweak) | FM IX: Detective (Alexei) | FM X: Citizen (Zack) | FM XI: Citizen (Nautilus) | FM XII: Consigliere (Bronn) | FM XIII: Grave Robber (Tarkin) | FM XIV: Citizen (Mohiam) | FM XV: Electro Maniac (Togepi) | FM XVII: Citizen / Rebel (Tony Tony Chopper)

6. ISO #156

Kromos, you really shouldn't have your FM identity in your signature while you're still alive in that FM...

EDIT: Or really at all while it is still active.
    FM VI: Disciple - Shepherd(Lookout) | FM VIII: Glad Hand(Jailer) | FM IX: Anarchist | FM X: Mafioso | FM XIV: Vernius(Drug Dealer)
    M-FM II: Doctor | M-FM IV: Doctor | M-FM V: Sheriff | M-FM XI: Godfather

7. ISO #157

8. ISO #158

Quote Originally Posted by BorkBot View Post
    Maybe it's WIFOM
    Either way, it's not only uncool but against the rules of that FM.
    FM VI: Disciple - Shepherd(Lookout) | FM VIII: Glad Hand(Jailer) | FM IX: Anarchist | FM X: Mafioso | FM XIV: Vernius(Drug Dealer)

9. ISO #159

Silly INTJ's. Tsssk.

My role in MFM VIII is ???

I'm hiding it, but everyone who knows me already knows what my alter ego there is. *shrug*
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host

10. ISO #160

After looking at the set up more I think it is fair to both the town and mafia. I am really looking forward to seeing how the dual abilities come into play. That being said I am not very picky balance wise, the other roles are doomed on their own but have the off chance of joining the mafia which helps them win but is honestly unfair to the town. That would be my one complaint that Jeremiah and Diethard have a chance of joining and strengthening the mafia is kind of bullshit for the town.

11. ISO #161

12. ISO #162

Not answering that questionnaire isn't scummy at all. For starters, most of the questions are about the setup, I could be Mafia and still believe them to be completely OP or I could rage that it's too hard for the Jester to win even if I'm Town. As for the one about who I 'trust', I don't trust anyone because I don't have any evidence which could lead to hints about roles. I'm also not good at reading 'town-tells'. You, however, are definitely beginning to scream scum to me Kromos, because you're playing exactly how I would play scum in this situation. I've also seen your handiwork first-hand during M-FMI and M-FMIII and trusting you will be an uphill battle in this game
    Spoiler : Previous FM roles :
    FM - VI: Commoner | VII: (Lionel) Gunner, Shinra Inc. | VIII: Investigator | X: (HerrZynisch) Black Wizard | (Graves) Citizen | XII: (Ser Jorah) Armoursmith | XIII: Host (Roxy)!
    M-FM- I: Host | II: Framer | III: Host | IV: Exe | V: Devil Dog | VI: Exe | VIII: DD
    S-FM - I: Jailor | II: Vigilante | V: Sheriff | CI: Paranoid Cop | Torment: Citizen

13. ISO #163

Well, I missed a good bit.

Hello from all late sleepers in America.

Which person do you trust the most?

Nick, cause he's smart.

Do you think this game is unfair (imbalanced against) for the Town? Why / Why not?

I think it is pretty unfair, mostly because of the whole "If your friend dies, you die too". If Cornelia dies, the game can go from 6v3 to 3v3 the next day. The KPN is fine, and unless the PR's go down Night 1, we should be able to have some leads by then.

Do you think this game is unfair for the Mafia? Why / Why not?

I think that there are too many ways to find them, and unless they get lucky on Night 1, they will lose.

Do you think the game is unfair for Jeremiah Gottwald?

He's going to die Night 2. I guarantee it.

Do you think the game is fair forDiethard Ried?

Unless he gets lucky on Night 1-2 with Students, he's gone.

THE GAME IS BALANCED BECAUSE ITS UNFAIR FOR EVERYONE.
    A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-Closing. Always be closing. ALWAYS BE CLOSING.

14. ISO #164

Do you think this game is unfair (imbalanced against) for the Town? Why / why not?
    Depends how lucky the BG/Doc is.

Nope

He's doomed

Depends on luck.

EDIT : Most Trusted , Guardian , not a clue why
    Last edited by GameFreak; January 8th, 2012 at 09:50 AM.

15. ISO #165

16. ISO #166

17. ISO #167

18. ISO #168

Who is the person you trust the most? (You can only answer with a name. DON'T say you trust no one or haven't mind your mind up yet. Who is the person you instinctively trust the most from what they have said so far?) Why do you trust them the most?

I trust myself. I'm wary of trusting anyone because I have not played any FM's before, and when I see someone make a powergrab this early, I'm wary of trusting them as trusting someone like that can lead to a huge mistakes made throughout the game. (Although conversely this has caused me to lose the game in SC2 mafia because the person actually was a trustworthy town.)

In all of these I think it's fairly balanced, as far as I can tell for the "sk"/gottwald it will be hard to know for sure if he's sk (no all knowing sheriff), mafia has what seems like 2 detection immune roles, and town has plenty of power roles. Plus the neutrals and cult throw in plenty of random factors. When it comes down to it, one bad move on any factions part could easily lead to their downfall. I think it will come down to who screws up first, and the worst.

Edit: Also I immediately dislike it when someone says "do this or you're scum" especially when it clearly does not mean they are or are not scum. Everyone, scum or not, has something to hide.
    Last edited by jimbobicus; January 8th, 2012 at 10:11 AM.

19. ISO #169

Quote Originally Posted by Rocshi View Post
    Mr.Tally
    Lelouch (2)- Guardian, Rocshi
    First tally = mob.

20. ISO #170

21. ISO #171

Neutral killers are always screwed in FM because the long discussion times keep them from slipping under the radar and eventually they're going to get caught.

Other than the orange dude, who is really just around to put some pressure on other factions, the game's up for grabs depending on luck with actions and targets.

22. ISO #172

Currently suspect of being scum:
    Goremancer
    Muso
    TheWaaagh
    Deathfire
    Sumi
    Nick
    Wendy Testaburger
    CmG
    Guardian
    Kromos
    Bully
    Luna
    McPwnage
    Zane
    GameFreak
    jaczac
    Zack
    Escaho
    BorkBot
    Dimwit
    Rocshi
    jimbobicus

Anyone else hasn't spoken and is most certainly the Doctor or /raging student.

23. ISO #173

24. ISO #174

Why was I least suspected of being scum, when I was actually scum?

25. ISO #175

Quote Originally Posted by Dimwit View Post
    Either way, it's not only uncool but against the rules of that FM.
    Your right, it probably was a bit premature. I just put it up along with my M-FM III role and didn't think it was that important anymore. I'll take it off now.

26. ISO #176

Quote Originally Posted by Kromos View Post
    Because you skipped your night 1 action. And don't try to WIFOM us. You're not Tweek Tweak and you being seen as scum now doesn't mean you're not.

27. ISO #177

right now?

Edit: Misread why as when. oops

28. ISO #178

The main problem we face Kromos is that you always try to fill the role of the 'Town Leader'. When you've tried to do that as Town it has not gone well.

I hunger for bananas.
    Spoiler : Previous FM roles :
    FM - VI: Commoner | VII: (Lionel) Gunner, Shinra Inc. | VIII: Investigator | X: (HerrZynisch) Black Wizard | (Graves) Citizen | XII: (Ser Jorah) Armoursmith | XIII: Host (Roxy)!
    M-FM- I: Host | II: Framer | III: Host | IV: Exe | V: Devil Dog | VI: Exe | VIII: DD
    S-FM - I: Jailor | II: Vigilante | V: Sheriff | CI: Paranoid Cop | Torment: Citizen

29. ISO #179

Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    The main problem we face Kromos is that you always try to fill the role of the 'Town Leader'. When you've tried to do that as Town it has not gone well.

I hunger for bananas.
    I've only been town once and I didn't try to be the leader in that game. I'm not trying to be the leader this game either, I just posted something that wasn't trolling and now we're actually having a useful discussion.

30. ISO #180

Your right about what you said in M-FM II. I don't think I will ever be killed night 1 .

31. ISO #181

Can people not edit their posts?

32. ISO #182

I don't think I will ever be killed night 1 .
    BEGGING

33. ISO #183

You also acted as town leader when you were lookout and claimed sheriff. You were more or less trying to direct the game and because you lied about your role, you ended up being the primary scum suspect after the SK (yours truly) was lynched based on a hunch from Dust.

34. ISO #184

BEGGING
    What he means is that by drawing all the attention to himself and his posts having more than a little bit of doubtful content, killers won't bother to hit him because they think they can point him out as a suspect.

CmG is the same. It's a fairly clever WIFOM act, but if you're a town role that can't prove itself you're kind of digging your own grave in the process (see CmG in MFM III, with everyone thinking he was mutineer halfway through the game). If he hadn't been killed, he would've been lynched.

35. ISO #185

Quote Originally Posted by BorkBot View Post
    What he means is that by drawing all the attention to himself and his posts having more than a little bit of doubtful content, killers won't bother to hit him because they think they can point him out as a suspect.

CmG is the same. It's a fairly clever WIFOM act, but if you're a town role that can't prove itself you're kind of digging your own grave in the process (see CmG in MFM III, with everyone thinking he was mutineer halfway through the game). If he hadn't been killed, he would've been lynched.
    You're scum, too. Damn, I'm getting all sorts of scum reads this game.

GM, did you reverse the morality this game? Is town scum and scum town? I see a bunch of evil mother fuckers running around right now... should I see a doctor about this?

36. ISO #186

Currently suspect of being scum:
    Goremancer
    Muso
    TheWaaagh
    Deathfire
    Sumi
    Nick
    Wendy Testaburger
    CmG
    Guardian
    Kromos
    Bully
    Luna
    McPwnage
    Zane
    GameFreak
    jaczac
    Zack
    Escaho
    BorkBot
    Dimwit
    Rocshi
    jimbobicus

Anyone else hasn't spoken and is most certainly the Doctor or /raging student.
    Goremancer is online. Hey look, I'm at the top. I feel proud. Trolololol. Get yo gear back in shape Dimwit.
    And hide yo kids and hide yo husband coz I'll be trolling everybody out here.
    https://www.maps4heroes.com/heroes5/p...opolis/cr7.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by GriM-DeMoN
    NO FUCK U IM CITIZEN
    Cock urself cuntosaurus

37. ISO #187

Quote Originally Posted by Goremancer View Post
    Goremancer is online. Hey look, I'm at the top. I feel proud. Trolololol. Get yo gear back in shape Dimwit.
    And hide yo kids and hide yo husband coz I'll be trolling everybody out here.
    I only went in order of scum tells.

38. ISO #188

Zack, Nick and GameFreak are at the top of my scum list atm.

39. ISO #189

40. ISO #190

Well some people think that I am scum. Tell you what? I'M KING CHARLES ZI BRITANNIA
    I just roleclaimed. Sit down.
    You need to PM Deathfire -reveal if you want us to believe you.

41. ISO #191

42. ISO #192

43. ISO #193

44. ISO #194

Goremancer, are you Charles Zi Britannia?

45. ISO #195

46. ISO #196

Yes. Do I hear any counter claims? No. Tonight, I'll be shooting Nick. Docs on me.
    If I find out you are lying, I will try to lynch you. If you want to prove yourself then get Deathfire to reveal you officially. Otherwise retract your claim, this is your last chance.

Why will you shoot Nick? Why do you think shooting someone on Night 1 is a good idea?

47. ISO #197

Yes. Do I hear any counter claims? No. Tonight, I'll be shooting Nick. Docs on me.
    If Nick doesn't die tonight, Nick is mob.
    If Nick dies tonight, Goremancer is mob.
    If neither of those things happen, they are both mob.

48. ISO #198

If I find out you are lying, I will try to lynch you. If you want to prove yourself then get Deathfire to reveal you officially. Otherwise retract your claim, this is your last chance.

Why will you shoot Nick? Why do you think shooting someone on Night 1 is a good idea?
    I do believe Kromos is either a mad bro or possibly Mao or Rolo. I doubt he's the blackknight... But...
    https://www.maps4heroes.com/heroes5/p...opolis/cr7.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by GriM-DeMoN
    NO FUCK U IM CITIZEN
    Cock urself cuntosaurus

49. ISO #199

If I find out you are lying, I will try to lynch you.
    Counter claim right there. Kromos claims Mayor.

50. ISO #200

If Nick doesn't die tonight, Nick is mob.
    If Nick dies tonight, Goremancer is mob.
    If neither of those things happen, they are both mob.
    Nick dying or not won't tell us anything except that Goremancer is probably not Charles. How neither other those things happen?