So i thought it would be interesting to start this topic. I want to know what religion you guys believe in. We all come from different parts of the World, and we all have our personal opinions about how we can get to Heaven. Id like to hear your guys' point of view on religion. Im a born-again christian, that believes in Jesus Christ as my lord and my savior to save me from my sins. I also believe in the 5 solas of the reformation which are
Sola scriptura ("by Scripture alone")
Sola fide ("by faith alone")
Sola gratia ("by grace alone")
Solus Christus or Solo Christo ("Christ alone" or "through Christ alone")
Soli Deo gloria ("glory to God alone")
I enjoy being a part of a baptist church, where i worship Jesus on sunday.
I believe that since I have trusted Jesus Christ to save me from my sins that, i am saved by grace through faith. Reference: Ephesians 2 8-9 For by grace are you saved through faith, that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast. Thats one of my favorite bible verses. I used to be a wiccan/pagan but i came out of it in 2016. I used to do witchcraft and stuff, but I knew once i came to Jesus that that stuff was disgusting reference Leviticus 18:21 And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. theres also many other bible verses that talk about the bible condemning witchcraft. So i tend to stay away from it. I used to enjoy making pentacles and witchcraft symbols and drawing on my hand and stuff and painting my nails pure black. but its somethings that i dont do anymore. I love Jesus. He died for my sins. who would want to go back to doing that stuff anyways??? Now i have a fun and exciting life of partaking in loving Jesus and reading the bible, and just thinking about him all the time! I know what you must be thinking (shes crazy shes a religious nut) well to be honest there are a lot of religious nuts out there, but im just not one of them. I follow what Jesus tells me to do, and i do it. the first and greatest commandment is to love the lord your God, with all your heart soul mind and strength, and the second is to love your neighbor as you love yourself. the 2nd one is really hard thing to do and im still working on that one. Following Jesus words is not always easy it can be downright hard and intimidating even sometimes. There are just soooo many commandments in the bible. Thank God that Jesus is the end of the law for all who belive in him. Jesus Christ was the only perfect man who lived a sinless life, and he kept the law (ten commandments) perfectly without even breaking a single law! isnt that amazing? Jesus loves you. he wants you to repent and believe in him. If you believe that he did that for you, you can achieve whats known in christianity as "Salvation" its not hard, because God says that salvation is a free gift. you cant earn it from being a good person, doing good works (good deeds), or even helping people. Jesus says in matthew chapter 7 that he says away from me you who work iniquity (talking to people who relied on theyre works to save them) when you want to believe in Jesus, and you do. you instantly get regeneration and you get the Holy Spirit living inside of you! Anyways, i know ive ranted on a bit. So let me know what your religion is, and what you believe, so we can discuss our different beliefs peacefully. Because im very curious as to know what you guys believe as well. okay, bye. -Rachyl