Feedback on the new Messages
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Feedback on the new Messages

Playing the game with the new messages is great. Giving tips on whats reportable and considered cheating is great. Learning tips was great as well. I had no idea -r was a command until it came up.

But there is one message that is really annoying. the
    "Join ForumMafia or I will kill you"

Overall i think its ok, it gets people to come to the forums. But my issue is that it plays the death shot animation and the music changes.
    The first time it played I was super confused on why I was getting shot despite being dead. and then the music was playing very weird. I would highly suggest you remove the sound features from this message.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Feedback on the new Messages

Honestly, when it played I thought @Cryptonic was in my game and I was going to verbally assault him with my love. but alas. Just robots doing robot things.
    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Shut up cow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Did you just fucking call him a cow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL don’t get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

5. ISO #5

Honestly, when it played I thought @Cryptonic was in my game and I was going to verbally assault him with my love. but alas. Just robots doing robot things.
    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Shut up cow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Did you just fucking call him a cow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL don’t get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

This one's easy just don't play with sound. Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroplant View Post
    Mafia will be very interesting for the duration of this sentence, and lots of individuals' tummys will hurt from laughing so hard. I've had to fall out of my chair and lie on the ground before, as it was just too painful to laugh LOL.

8. ISO #8

#1: Don't add any kind of sound effect, light effect, or any fancy effects that look out-of-place.

#2: Spelling, grammar and punctuation should be professional and formal, following the style of existing text such as the role descriptions, so as to not look out of place.

I noticed there was a tip about reporting staff for inappropriate behaviour, and it says "in game" instead of "in-game", which also makes perfect sense but is less formal.

There are several tips with random, unnecessary hyphens. I noticed them but can't recall the specific tips. Will update when I next see them.

#3: New text should follow the style and format of existing text, in terms of font, colour and size, so as to not look out of place. The vanilla night text put everything in one or two continuous lines, there were no line breaks, but some of the new tips do.

So for instance, tips about the definitions of various offenses can be put into continuous lines with no line breaks.

E.g.
    Cheating:
    Using any form of out-of-game information.

Could become

Cheating: Using any form of out-of-game information.

But uh, the first example makes it easier to read than the second, so idk man. Design heuristics lol.
    Last edited by Exeter350; February 11th, 2017 at 12:20 PM.

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.

9. ISO #9