2. ISO #2302

3. ISO #2303

4. ISO #2304

Re: S-FM 218: Mafia Wars III

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    I am so stupid, I need it
    Preach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM Romeo View Post
    Go fuck yourself in the cucho.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed
    Your accent has ruined medieval fantasy films.

5. ISO #2305

6. ISO #2306

Maybe some of us signed, you know, hoping MattZed will take criticism and adapt

I didn't rerun a failed mechanic from Koopolitics 3 times because I thought it was the players playing the game wrong. The feedback was that it was shit - I moved on

Others of us however just signed cause SJ begged a lot lol
    Last edited by BananaCucho; December 8th, 2016 at 06:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

7. ISO #2307

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post

I didn't rerun a failed mechanic from Koopalings 3 times because I thought it was the players playing the game wrong. The feedback was that it was shit - I moved on

I did indeed persuade Banana to play. I enjoyed the quality time we had.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

8. ISO #2308

9. ISO #2309

10. ISO #2310

11. ISO #2311

A list of things which are more likely to happen:

- Firebringer saying something intelligent
    - DarknessB going an entire day without complaining or/ and making heavy-handed attempts at trolling
    - Yukitaka Oni writing an essay without using a single emoji
    - Calix living past Night 1 in a game without a Doctor
    - BananaCucho taking the game seriously
    - PLZLEAVEDUCKK playing a game without insulting a single player
    - Frozen Angel playing a game without her posts being turned into memes
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.

12. ISO #2312

I didn't rerun a failed mechanic from Koopolitics 3 times because I thought it was the players playing the game wrong. The feedback was that it was shit - I moved on

This seems like a distant dream considering how many games hosted.
    I have lost faith.
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

13. ISO #2313

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post

- DarknessB going an entire day without complaining or/ and making heavy-handed attempts at trolling
    Have I ever told you, that you are my fire taker?

14. ISO #2314

15. ISO #2315

You must mean equally to happen because there isn't a percentage under 0.

Thank you Anonymous Donor

16. ISO #2316

17. ISO #2317

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    You must mean equally to happen because there isn't a percentage under 0.
    I have no idea what happened to Gyrloser but I like this Gyrlander person.

18. ISO #2318

GAIZ, WE DID IT, TOWN WON THE G-

Lol, what the fuck Firebringer.

This game was won by the Town fairly.
    The scenario in which two kidnappers are unbalanced, is if we think that the Luciano never thought of using them, as well as them conviently getting a No Lynch and both jailing the same target who purposely initiates a circle to confirm ourselves.

Even without Firebringer gamethrowing, I would lead the Town into a victory lol, even if Yuki decided to kill me and Firebringer cleaned me - the two jailors + consig would just reveal themselves to confirm me and the clean was just plain useless anyway. I'm the most confirmed thing ever, so are the two jailors - the only one that wouldn't know anything is the Consig because they were not part of our secret discussion, and that hole would be plugged assuming that Whad took my message into establishing codes.

The entire outcome of this game would change if I wasn't double jailed, if there were two seperate jail targets then this might have been an obscured fact and only one jailor would be revealed while the other is incognito - slowing down strategy significantly.

RLVG, Elephant and YZB shared MvP lol.

Firebringer had absolutely no reason to troll himself into a loss, he assumed the game was unbalanced - but it wasn't that severely unbalanced, it's a very situational balance in a Mystery Setup, it was all pure luck which could have had the tide turned with good clean targets. Trudeau being cleaned is THE worst move they could've done that night and in fact the Rule Of Dumb would've lead Trudeau into being anti-town with benefit of Scum in the longterm.

The whole FA's emotional situation was also game altering, but of respect I won't discuss that part further.

Fun fact : I sendt in my revisioned LW and reveal, but because of database errors it got rollbacked and was never sendt.

Setup balance :
    Make FBI immune to night kills for the first few nights (buff).
    Make a person only be targeted by a single jailing (nerf), and it being prioritized by Luciano (buff).

19. ISO #2319

20. ISO #2320

You forgot:
    - Sino devolving his name and being as popular as the legendary Dino.

21. ISO #2321

22. ISO #2322

23. ISO #2323

24. ISO #2324

25. ISO #2325

26. ISO #2326

27. ISO #2327

v)o.o)> how can i make that happen? This emoji is the only way to counter disguiser from disguise Yuki

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

28. ISO #2328

Quote Originally Posted by Sino View Post
    Hi
    as executive cuck I hereby deem you the lesser of dino.

god bless his soul
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

29. ISO #2329

30. ISO #2330

31. ISO #2331

32. ISO #2332

33. ISO #2333

34. ISO #2334

Quote Originally Posted by RLVG View Post
    who the fukk disguise non-anno? <(o.0(^
    I dude name lefthand tafkal hater used to killed and disguised me, but he was spotted by the great Pauly for not using emoji at Yukinii, that dude hate so much he swearing and salty even after the game
    627.png

v)o.o)^

35. ISO #2335

36. ISO #2336

37. ISO #2337

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitaka Oni View Post
    I dude name lefthand tafkal hater used to killed and disguised me, but he was spotted by the great Pauly for not using emoji at Yukinii, that dude hate so much he swearing and salty even after the game
    627.png
    Lol I'm pretty sure its not the emoji that stops people from wanting to disguise as you
    ^^

v)o.o)^

38. ISO #2338

39. ISO #2339

As I've said to some of you privately but I'll say publicly:

I'll say this game, with the setup I assigned it, has about a 60% chance of a town win, which is a bit high but by no means a guaranteed townstomp. I will concede that for balancing I put the kidnappers as being slightly-buffed citizens, which is probably normally true but made the game unfortunately swingy, and it swung in Town's favor with the HUGE luck of both kidnappers kidnapping the Godfather.

At the end of the day, is this a bit more townsided than it should be? Yes, and I apologize for not delivering a more balanced experience. However, this game's particular outcome was especially influenced by luck and the town simply playing much better than the scum.

I invite you all to leave comments on how to improve the setup. The point of Mafia Wars is iterative balance; learning from past games and making future setups better to the point where it becomes super-stable. I've already made some changes to nerf town, and I would like to hear more suggestions as well.

The game was prematurely ruined, and that will be dealt with. The game was down to 6v1v1, and the Underboss had just found out a Janitor when there was a confirmed Luciano Janitor. If you guys had actually followed through on that mislynch, the day after could have been 3v1v1. Town had a big advantage in that the town so happened to all townread itself and would probably have own, but it wasn't over. (the logic "oh, Lucianos would never pick kidnapper, which is currently our most powerful role, so they must be town" never ceases to amaze me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

40. ISO #2340

41. ISO #2341

I'll say this game, with the setup I assigned it, has about a 60% chance of a town win, which is a bit high but by no means a guaranteed townstomp. I will concede that for balancing I put the kidnappers as being slightly-buffed citizens, which is probably normally true but made the game unfortunately swingy, and it swung in Town's favor with the HUGE luck of both kidnappers kidnapping the Godfather.

At the end of the day, is this a bit more townsided than it should be? Yes, and I apologize for not delivering a more balanced experience. However, this game's particular outcome was especially influenced by luck and the town simply playing much better than the scum.

I invite you all to leave comments on how to improve the setup. The point of Mafia Wars is iterative balance; learning from past games and making future setups better to the point where it becomes super-stable. I've already made some changes to nerf town, and I would like to hear more suggestions as well.

The game was prematurely ruined, and that will be dealt with. The game was down to 6v1v1, and the Underboss had just found out a Janitor when there was a confirmed Luciano Janitor. If you guys had actually followed through on that mislynch, the day after could have been 3v1v1. Town had a big advantage in that the town so happened to all townread itself and would probably have own, but it wasn't over. (the logic "oh, Lucianos would never pick kidnapper, which is currently our most powerful role, so they must be town" never ceases to amaze me)
    Eh....<----fire told me to pick janitor, while i like interrogator but.....seem legit tho

v)o.o)^

42. ISO #2342

I am really curious as to how you concluded 60% given the setup.

43. ISO #2343

44. ISO #2344

45. ISO #2345

46. ISO #2346

47. ISO #2347

How the hell do you come up with that 60% number

You can't just make up a number like that. Where's your algorithm that runs this game over and over and spits out that result?
    Same one that said Illuminati was balanced probably.

48. ISO #2348

49. ISO #2349

Super-stable? This game is inherently going to be unbalanced.

You have scum being able to pick their powers - no way can this be accounted for balance-wise.

Luciano has the advantage because they can tailor their roles to the strategies that they, as players, will take towards the chat.

FBI is weaker because they can't actively choose which abilities they will end up with and thus can't plan ahead as well.

This should be taken into account.

50. ISO #2350