Register

User Tag List

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #201

2. ISO #202

Re: S-FM Masquerade Madness

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Red Masquerader View Post
    Good idea.

I'm going to vote off the quietest person today, just saying. SK will probably try to take out a loud townie early and then hide among one of the quiet people. ANy counters to this idea?
    First concern! If your the SK , you will do exactly the vise versa and win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Orange Masquerader View Post
    Of course, my only counter in this, is the fact that Serial Killer has to disguise, but that's also the reason the host has implemented a rule, to require a minimum of ten posts a day and have it make sense. You can't really be silent with that kind of rule, can you? Going incognito at the ten posts marker is scummy as all hell.
    hmmm. That was the only counter you thought of?

3. ISO #203

4. ISO #204

Pretty sure Orange is town. I don't read Orange as trying to cast shade on any reads.

Green is town as well so Orange vs Green is a waste of energy

I'm having trouble scum hunting so far in fact. Nobody seems to have any underlying agenda. Which makes sense in a way as the SKs only agenda is to survive pretty much.

5. ISO #205

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Yellow Masquerader View Post
    That's why I already like purple. That would be annoying AF and difficult to disguise as.
    Yellow gets town cred for uncovering this. Purple was already a town read till this point.

Irrelevant. Just because the player writes in a manner that makes them hard to impersonate as, doesn't rule them out as being the killer itself.
    SK would sheep the idea the way red did from my exp so orange is townish for standing against it I guess.

6. ISO #206

Pretty sure Orange is town. I don't read Orange as trying to cast shade on any reads.

I'm having trouble scum hunting so far in fact. Nobody seems to have any underlying agenda. Which makes sense in a way as the SKs only agenda is to survive pretty much.
    Catching up deary. let me see the whole thing first

7. ISO #207

8. ISO #208

I like green's setup spec though I'm not sure if that's AI. Will see ...

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Purple Masquerader View Post
    Blue.

Blue? Bleu?
    Where are you?
    The party has begun.
    You are missing the fun.
    Blue? Bleu?
    Please do not wish us adieu.
    Where have you gone?
    A killer's knife was drawn.
    Blue? Bleu?
    We need a skilled gumshoe!
    Until you arrive.
    We shall try to survive.
    Yes darling. I'm here don't worry

For now, I don't think he should be lynched. I want to lynch someone inactive so that SK can't disguise as them and he's not in that category so. If he doesn't say anything interesting with his posting style then I would consider him but it's early game so I will wait before deciding on that.

I agree that normal scum-hunting works for this game. You got any early thoughts to share?
    Why didn't you vote me here then? Waiting to see if others will push this too?

9. ISO #209

10. ISO #210

Wait has Blue even posted? lol I don't remember a single thing he's done so will check after this post.

With your last paragraph. We shouldn't early-hammer for that reason, keep the day as long as possible. People should have enough time to post their most important reads at the very least. There's no incentive to go mad with votes anyway since VCA isn't really a thing.
    oh don't pretend you weren't trying to start a wagon on me darling with your previous posts. Back peddling won't work

Red would get my vote here - but I'm still catching up so that vote should wait

That's vote reasoning, not VCA. I think the two of them are different but if you don't then that's fine. Not worth wasting time discussing.

You're throwing up good points imo which I agree with (I also noted Pink's entrance because of his tone) and trying to get the game going so you can go in the townpile.
    Sheeping

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Green Masquerader View Post
    here the thing, as the game narrows down and if sk kills hes gonna have to keep up what happened EVERY DAY. we could go right back to day 1 and point out stuff to explain over ad if they seem to be opposites or something that sounds like another player we lynch them.

red/oj/pink/me are town reads

yellow i need to reread and look into

purple has done nothing but fluff post right now from what i have seen
    too much townreads to be SK atm. Gets a weak towncred

11. ISO #211

I don't like Orange very much at the moment. This is mostly a tone thing but when I read his posts, I feel like he says nothing in them and he's trying to hide a bit. (will quote in a bit)

Also I get the impression that he's trying to throw shade on the early town-reads and I don't see town doing that like he is doing.

-vote S-FM Orange Masquerader

Also Green, you didn't spell your vote right
    hmmm. I need to think about this post more.

Side note. I thought that SK kills were mandatory so that's why I didn't want to consider Purple early on. But since people have corrected me then my reason for excusing him for today is invalidated and he can just be annoying instead, lol.
    When you were posting this post, what were your reads?

12. ISO #212

hmm reading the whole omgus and day 1 is useless or not , etc fight

I beleive SK is in Orange, red and purple green are both town.

Can we not get distracted by Pink Rangers please?

Green, what did you get from Orange vs Red? You're my strongest town-read atm.
    why do you refer yourself as a third party?

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Green Masquerader View Post
    im actualy undcided frankly. i can see both worlds of SvT and TvT. i need to reread but my big issue thats prevents me from jsut going "ok OJ is scuM" was the early mind meld.

my big question is this to you, what does sk get to benifit form casting doubt when they can disguise? while your points are vaild in a sense i feel like the dicussion is going to boil down to something dumb where he gets lycnhed, flips town, and then gets away. i want to see blue post also being sk for not posting

i am waery of your very big buddying though, i almost feel like you have no paranoia of me at all.

so TLDR: i can see both of you being sk for independent reasons and i can see both of you being town for the fight over how one plays/reacts
    yeah green is townish.

Just a point about setup. SK needs to live, so they need to be manipulative, they need to make cases and lead the lynches as well or is doomed.

and blue had no password to login in this, and days are 48 hours long. Why everyone were trying to count me as a lurker so fast. that's not sweet I'm no lurker - never

13. ISO #213

You make a valid point with me going hard at Orange. I'll let him do his own thing for now, but he's by far and away my strongest scum-read.

He's voted twice for people who have voted for him. That's really really really bad.
    Why is that really really bad?

14. ISO #214

You stated that you no longer care about if I am town or scum, which in itself gives a grey/gray morality of you. In no circumstance should town ever want to lynch town.
    That's bullshit. How do you expect others to know your town. If you are hurting the game or in their mind your unreadable you deserve to go.

Instead of getting emotionally involved take a step back and reread the game like your reading it for the first time and scum hunt.
    The same advise is for "frustrated green" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Pink Masquerader View Post
    Orange is town read because his participation so far has been to the benefit of town, and he is pointing out things regarding the setup; while that can easily be done as scum to fake participation, it seems like it'd be an easy way to fuck yourself as SK. Also, it helps ensure that the SK strategies are explored. I can read back & quote if you want, but I literally read 100 posts in like 5-10 mins, so might take me a min or two to find them again.

Purple is basically null, but I am extremely biased against roleplaying. Especially in a game with Disguiser. For all I know, they're roleplaying so that when they Disguise and STOP roleplaying, we can't be like "omg that guy is who purple was". Because the victim isn't going to become some fake victorian character over night.
    why orange way is an easy way to fuck yourself as SK? It seems it worked on you if he is the sk - that you believe he is town for playing that way.

Too WIFOM'y. Your logic fails.

about Purple it seems your saying you believe he is town because their trying to stop disguise but then you believe their null for not being influential in scum hunting process. can you elaborate the second point?

15. ISO #215

16. ISO #216

I don't really find your Orange reasoning convincing because you seem to be saying that setup spec is "too scummy to be scum" with the "too easy to fuck yourself as SK by doing it" line. I don't need quotes, I know what you mean. But I'll try to keep your reasoning in mind since I might be tunneled.

In any case you are fleshing out your points which is always good.
    "Too scummy to be scum" or "Too good to be true" logic sucks. Don't use those terms ever please. They are ... painful

But those weren't what pink was saying. she was saying those aren't the things SK wants to do. Which is another faulty logic though.

Possible. I am getting town vibes from a lot of people so it's not beyond the pale that Orange is just bad and Blue is actually the SK.

Too bad that we can't check profiles to see if Blue logged on at some point, haha
    oh just shut up! This hurts my feelings! I'm no Lurker >.>

17. ISO #217

18. ISO #218

19. ISO #219

I'd vote Red, but that'd put them to L-1 and I don't want someone to snipe a lynch, when we still have a lot of time to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    That's bullshit. How do you expect others to know your town. If you are hurting the game or in their mind your unreadable you deserve to go.

Instead of getting emotionally involved take a step back and reread the game like your reading it for the first time and scum hunt.
    The same advise is for "frustrated green" as well.
    I don't expect others to know if I am town, a town should in no shape and form, tunnel vision someone down to a public lynch with the attitude, "I don't care if you're town or scum", early in the game and that not everyone has posted yet. That in itself is an anti-town attitude.

This emotion is likely faked. A frustration that I can't detail however.

20. ISO #220

I'm having trouble scum hunting so far in fact.
    I was saying to everyone btw
    Blues working overtime
    Are you just nodding for the moment to fill in posts? Do you feel that you would be more productive in the next day?

21. ISO #221

I don't expect others to know if I am town, a town should in no shape and form, tunnel vision someone down to a public lynch with the attitude, "I don't care if you're town or scum", early in the game and that not everyone has posted yet. That in itself is an anti-town attitude.

This emotion is likely faked. A frustration that I can't detail however.
    Why is that likely fake?

I don't remember you trying to engage with him to see why he is frustrated with you (or why he is claiming that). You just started scum reading him right after he voted you. I feel like your not trying to sort him over that which is either for you being emotionally involved or you being the SK. So i like to see your emotions tamed to understand your agenda and motivations.

22. ISO #222

23. ISO #223

24. ISO #224

25. ISO #225

hmmm,

I asked you to clarify your read on green, I'm not sure whats this going to mean.
    I don't like this sequence of posts. It's the second time that Orange has been asked to clarify a 'scum-read' of his and he cannot provide any kind of substantial/ correct reasoning whatsoever. This ties in with his ongoing behaviour where he only scum-reads those who suspect him. Perhaps he's inexperienced scum and thus is acting in an extremely survival-orientated manner because of that.

I currently have you as a null-read. Granted I am biased because you are scum-reading me so I'll reread your posts at a later date and try to come to a more objective read. I was just about to make a catch-up post when I saw this so one moment.

26. ISO #226

I don't understand why I am being voted given that Blue just made some disparate comments, Yellow sheeped (but hasn't explained why I'm at the bottom of his list) and Orange scum-read me only after I voted for him.

So I'd like to argue that my train (or supposed train, given that Orange will vote for me sooner or later) is poorly-constructed.

It bothers me that red didn't even prod me there.

still reading this thing
    Poor argument. Why would I 'prod' someone who clearly wasn't online yet?

Why is that really really bad?
    Orange double-OMGUSing (and complete lack of a case against Green and I) shows that he's playing reactively. I don't see how people are town-reading him when he doesn't make substantial comments on the players, only scum-reads anyone who scum-reads him first and has made numerous fluff comments that anyone can make.

Your retort to Pink (where you call out his "too scummy to be scum" logic) is something that I agree with.

I'm aware that you made a handful of other comments about me but given that none of them are damning whatsoever, I'm ignoring them until you say how they make me scum. I know that you asked for reads at a 'certain point' when I made a post or something, but I'm not wasting time going back and doing that so I'll just make a quick-fire list of who my strongest/ weakest town-reads are as of now:

Town
    Green
    Pink
    Yellow
    Purple, Blue
    Orange
    Scum

Regarding green, I can't make a discussion of that and I'm asking to plead the fifth.

-unvote
    I'll reiterate again - does this player have ANY scum-reads that don't suspect him? He has done nothing useful to the town. Setup spec is not a town tell. "Too scummy to be scum" is not a thing.

27. ISO #227

I asked you more than one questions and I explained perfectly clear why I'm scum reading you but here it is again:

- You started the game by proposing a setup spec about how we should generally predict SK's behavior which is bad because that's totally distinctive instead of being productive. Your early game don't give me the vibe that your trying to justify your reads - you sheeped multiple people instead of criticizing what they were saying which implies you know their town. You were pretending like you didn't realize I wasn't posting but it was obvious your out of nowhere lurker push was on me mainly - that you never voted toward. You sheeped green out of nowhere tried to grab him on you-orange argument but you put yourself as an observer there instead of engaging with him about that argument.

Generally speaking I feel whatever you did so far is fake.

28. ISO #228

29. ISO #229

I asked you more than one questions and I explained perfectly clear why I'm scum reading you but here it is again:

- You started the game by proposing a setup spec about how we should generally predict SK's behavior which is bad because that's totally distinctive instead of being productive. Your early game don't give me the vibe that your trying to justify your reads - you sheeped multiple people instead of criticizing what they were saying which implies you know their town. You were pretending like you didn't realize I wasn't posting but it was obvious your out of nowhere lurker push was on me mainly - that you never voted toward. You sheeped green out of nowhere tried to grab him on you-orange argument but you put yourself as an observer there instead of engaging with him about that argument.

Generally speaking I feel whatever you did so far is fake.
    Agreeing with specific points made isn't sheeping. If I was just parroting points then I might agree with you but I clearly haven't given that I have made original contributions about several players.

I didn't make a push on you? When I said 'hey let's lynch a quiet person' it was incredibly early on in the game. There is no way that anyone - SK or otherwise - would know who would fall under that category and the fact that you think I was talking specifically about you is weird. Nobody should be looking at a post saying "quiet people should die first" and think that it's about them so your conclusion that I wanted you dead...without voting for you even though there's no reason for me, as scum, to NOT vote for you since you would have been an easy target at that point...is 100% bullshit.

What are you even saying with your Green part? I'm not sheeping Green. I said that he's my strongest town-read, said that he made some good points and have asked him for opinions once or twice. I also disagreed with his Purple push because Orange is far scummier - how is this 'sheeping Green out of nowhere' again? Characterising me as a sheep is a blatant misrepresentation of what I've done this game.

tl;dr: Your argument is shit. Try focusing on actual scum Orange please and then get back to me.

30. ISO #230

31. ISO #231

Fuck off. You posted that ONE MINUTE after you posted the questions. Explain why you felt the need to say that when I would never be able to respond that quickly.
    Hang on, wait. I'm dumb. I thought you were talking about the post that you just made but when rereading, I realised you might have been talking about your earlier questions.

Which are also dumb so no, not answering.

32. ISO #232

Agreeing with specific points made isn't sheeping. If I was just parroting points then I might agree with you but I clearly haven't given that I have made original contributions about several players.

I didn't make a push on you? When I said 'hey let's lynch a quiet person' it was incredibly early on in the game. There is no way that anyone - SK or otherwise - would know who would fall under that category and the fact that you think I was talking specifically about you is weird. Nobody should be looking at a post saying "quiet people should die first" and think that it's about them so your conclusion that I wanted you dead...without voting for you even though there's no reason for me, as scum, to NOT vote for you since you would have been an easy target at that point...is 100% bullshit.

What are you even saying with your Green part? I'm not sheeping Green. I said that he's my strongest town-read, said that he made some good points and have asked him for opinions once or twice. I also disagreed with his Purple push because Orange is far scummier - how is this 'sheeping Green out of nowhere' again? Characterising me as a sheep is a blatant misrepresentation of what I've done this game.

tl;dr: Your argument is shit. Try focusing on actual scum Orange please and then get back to me.
    You pretended you didn't notice me LATER, thats what strikes me as scummy. Trying to make an arguemnet about how quiet person is scummy but not pushing them is what Strikes me as scummy. I'm not saying why you made that point about being quiet is scummy. I'm asking why you didn't follow that with a vote on me or any other qualified person? Why suddenly Orange?

You didn't contribute over anything is what I'm saying. you said you have green as town. hey give me your read on this! I want to sheep you. You didn't make any points about why you think Purple is scummy. You didn't made any points about Why Orange is scummier. Your voting Orange seems genuine but then I'm not totally sold that it came out of nowhere. I'm not sold that a person like you who had no solid read For a long time in this game suddenly got sold on Orange scumread.

I will reread stuff but I'm sure I quoted the posts I didn't feel ok with in my catchup. tl;dr: My argument is not shit. Its me trying to sort you. I'm not going to focus on anyone. I'm going to find the scum between you all and I will do so.

33. ISO #233

Hang on, wait. I'm dumb. I thought you were talking about the post that you just made but when rereading, I realised you might have been talking about your earlier questions.

Which are also dumb so no, not answering.
    How is me asking for your previous reads are dumb? please enlighten me cause I don't like to ask dumb questions.

34. ISO #234

@S-FM Blue Masquerader

While you're doing whatever it is that you're doing, can you walk me through why you think Orange might be town? I really don't understand how you think someone who is coasting by on NAI discussion and who hasn't given any kind of substantial contribution on another player is less scummy than myself. I just don't believe it. You yourself noted that he backed down on his Green scum-read after you asked for clarification - why would town do that?

(applies to anyone else who pops in the thread)

If you say "because I think you're scum" then I'm just going to end the conversation by the way since that's a pointless response. So don't do that.

35. ISO #235

36. ISO #236

37. ISO #237

You pretended you didn't notice me LATER, thats what strikes me as scummy. Trying to make an arguemnet about how quiet person is scummy but not pushing them is what Strikes me as scummy. I'm not saying why you made that point about being quiet is scummy. I'm asking why you didn't follow that with a vote on me or any other qualified person? Why suddenly Orange?

You didn't contribute over anything is what I'm saying. you said you have green as town. hey give me your read on this! I want to sheep you. You didn't make any points about why you think Purple is scummy. You didn't made any points about Why Orange is scummier. Your voting Orange seems genuine but then I'm not totally sold that it came out of nowhere. I'm not sold that a person like you who had no solid read For a long time in this game suddenly got sold on Orange scumread.

I will reread stuff but I'm sure I quoted the posts I didn't feel ok with in my catchup. tl;dr: My argument is not shit. Its me trying to sort you. I'm not going to focus on anyone. I'm going to find the scum between you all and I will do so.
    Huh?

Are you referring to the part where I said "lol has blue even posted?" Because that was in response to Green scum-reading Purple but misattributing that to you. You hadn't posted at that point so you are confusing me with your argument. I also said that quiet people should die because it's easier for the SK to hide among them, not that being quiet was a scum tell by itself. You're misunderstanding the premise of my argument here but since you said that, it makes more sense why you think I was scum-reading you from the start so I appreciate the response.

I didn't say that Purple was scummy, where did you get that from? I made like, one comment where I said that her self-awareness about drawing attention to herself invalidated some of her defense but that was it.

Bullshit. I've made multiple points about Orange. Please read them before making ignorant statements.

So you're saying that you find my Orange scum-read genuine...but you think it's fabricated because I didn't have any solid reads beforehand...? wut. That makes negative sense.

38. ISO #238

@S-FM Blue Masquerader

While you're doing whatever it is that you're doing, can you walk me through why you think Orange might be town? I really don't understand how you think someone who is coasting by on NAI discussion and who hasn't given any kind of substantial contribution on another player is less scummy than myself. I just don't believe it. You yourself noted that he backed down on his Green scum-read after you asked for clarification - why would town do that?

If you say "because I think you're scum" then I'm just going to end the conversation by the way since that's a pointless response. So don't do that.
    Everyone might be town unless you have a solid information suggesting otherwise.

He did some things that we can say is scummy (likely coming from scum) like him backing down from his read on green. what we need to understand is motivations and agendas to see why he did that and what is he trying to achieve. By analyzing facts and agendas we can ping down some one as "very likely scum" - not confirmed scum and we will lynch it later on in day.

so while I'm sorting Orange , I like to sort you as well - like I like to sort everyone else as well. that's what I'm doing and I'm sure that's what town you must do as well.

39. ISO #239

How is me asking for your previous reads are dumb? please enlighten me cause I don't like to ask dumb questions.
    I don't see the significance of asking for my reads at that specific point. It makes more sense to care about the reads that I have now if you think I am making shit up.

and a question : You say your biased on me because I'm scum reading you.

I don't understand. Your saying you will put me as a lean scum till I change my read on you? Are you threatening me or bribing me or something? I'm confused.
    No. I'm putting you as a null-read until I go away, do something else, come back, reread your posts when I can be more objective, etc. Generally speaking I don't like being scum-read in games as you might have guessed so I'm trying to be reasonable instead of lashing out at you straight away. Feel free to not believe me on that since there's no way you can prove that I'm telling the truth, but that's my rationale.

40. ISO #240

Everyone might be town unless you have a solid information suggesting otherwise.

He did some things that we can say is scummy (likely coming from scum) like him backing down from his read on green. what we need to understand is motivations and agendas to see why he did that and what is he trying to achieve. By analyzing facts and agendas we can ping down some one as "very likely scum" - not confirmed scum and we will lynch it later on in day.

so while I'm sorting Orange , I like to sort you as well - like I like to sort everyone else as well. that's what I'm doing and I'm sure that's what town you must do as well.
    Ehhhh. Do you actually have any ideas as to his motivations/ agendas then? This response is pretty debate-orientated and didn't help me much so.

41. ISO #241

Huh?

Are you referring to the part where I said "lol has blue even posted?" Because that was in response to Green scum-reading Purple but misattributing that to you. You hadn't posted at that point so you are confusing me with your argument. I also said that quiet people should die because it's easier for the SK to hide among them, not that being quiet was a scum tell by itself. You're misunderstanding the premise of my argument here but since you said that, it makes more sense why you think I was scum-reading you from the start so I appreciate the response.

I didn't say that Purple was scummy, where did you get that from? I made like, one comment where I said that her self-awareness about drawing attention to herself invalidated some of her defense but that was it.

Bullshit. I've made multiple points about Orange. Please read them before making ignorant statements.

So you're saying that you find my Orange scum-read genuine...but you think it's fabricated because I didn't have any solid reads beforehand...? wut. That makes negative sense.
    ok that made more sense now. hmm

whats your read on yellow?

Thats my point you didn't say anything when I was catching up. You tried to ask from green to join you on your Orange scumread without making any points about Purple. You said You had a townread on Purple after yellow's comment about his method to prevent disguising then you agreed with Green about how that is scummy so you will put him back in NAI. in your last post you said You wanted orange over purple because Orange is scummier than Purple. So what is it and why your refuse to take a stance for your reads?

I saw your points about Orange. I'm saying I'm trying to understand your orange scumread because that makes me doubt my scumread on you - It was a shocking 180 from the way you were playing till that point. I think It might be fabricated as it was shocking from game state (people were calling him bad town around that point) but why You chose orange over inactive players who you were advertising to push them before that point?

42. ISO #242

Ehhhh. Do you actually have any ideas as to his motivations/ agendas then? This response is pretty debate-orientated and didn't help me much so.
    Thats what I'm trying to understand when I ask him to elaborate. If you can't understand him why are you so Sold on scum reading him?

43. ISO #243

ok that made more sense now. hmm

whats your read on yellow?

Thats my point you didn't say anything when I was catching up. You tried to ask from green to join you on your Orange scumread without making any points about Purple. You said You had a townread on Purple after yellow's comment about his method to prevent disguising then you agreed with Green about how that is scummy so you will put him back in NAI. in your last post you said You wanted orange over purple because Orange is scummier than Purple. So what is it and why your refuse to take a stance for your reads?

I saw your points about Orange. I'm saying I'm trying to understand your orange scumread because that makes me doubt my scumread on you - It was a shocking 180 from the way you were playing till that point. I think It might be fabricated as it was shocking from game state (people were calling him bad town around that point) but why You chose orange over inactive players who you were advertising to push them before that point?
    I think he's town, largely based on tone, but I have noticed that he has some sheep tendencies with his reads so I'm not ruling him out for sure. Decided to read his ISO and I realised that it's not as good as I thought it was. Most notable comment to me was the "having a hard time scum-hunting" comment. On the surface this might be scum openly admitting that he's struggling to fabricate reads. However I don't see why the scum would actually admit that to everyone and draw attention to it. It seems indicative of someone who has nothing to hide, thus likely town.

What do you think?

Spoiler : Here's the quote :

I wasn't online by the time that you arrived. I responded to you as early on as I could, lol. Can't really discuss this given it's activity-related.

I haven't actually checked to see what you mean but I'm pretty sure I said "oh wait his annoying typing style is NAI because of points raised by Orange/ Green" not "I agree with Green that Purple's typing style is actually scummy"

Yes, I think Orange is the scummiest player by far. I don't see myself voting for anyone else at the moment. He's a strong scum-read. There's one scum. Therefore that implies that I town-read everyone else to an extent. Make sense?

Thats what I'm trying to understand when I ask him to elaborate. If you can't understand him why are you so Sold on scum reading him?
    I wasn't saying that I wasn't understanding him. I think he is inexperienced at playing scum, is having a hard time faking reads and is trying to play to survive given his lacklustre posting and lack of reads. Even the way he posts pings me because it's so typically scum-like. Everyone else (save for Purple) is straight-forward, blunt, doesn't seem to give a shit about how they're perceived, etc, so he sticks out like a sore thumb to me for that alone. I don't think I've explained this point very well but it's a really good point imo.

I was asking you what your thoughts on his motivations ARE because I couldn't tell from your response. It sounds like you don't know yet.

44. ISO #244

I think he's town, largely based on tone, but I have noticed that he has some sheep tendencies with his reads so I'm not ruling him out for sure. Decided to read his ISO and I realised that it's not as good as I thought it was. Most notable comment to me was the "having a hard time scum-hunting" comment. On the surface this might be scum openly admitting that he's struggling to fabricate reads. However I don't see why the scum would actually admit that to everyone and draw attention to it. It seems indicative of someone who has nothing to hide, thus likely town.

What do you think?

I wasn't online by the time that you arrived. I responded to you as early on as I could, lol. Can't really discuss this given it's activity-related.

I haven't actually checked to see what you mean but I'm pretty sure I said "oh wait his annoying typing style is NAI because of points raised by Orange/ Green" not "I agree with Green that Purple's typing style is actually scummy"

Yes, I think Orange is the scummiest player by far. I don't see myself voting for anyone else at the moment. He's a strong scum-read. There's one scum. Therefore that implies that I town-read everyone else to an extent. Make sense?

I wasn't saying that I wasn't understanding him. I think he is inexperienced at playing scum, is having a hard time faking reads and is trying to play to survive given his lacklustre posting and lack of reads. Even the way he posts pings me because it's so typically scum-like. Everyone else (save for Purple) is straight-forward, blunt, doesn't seem to give a shit about how they're perceived, etc, so he sticks out like a sore thumb to me for that alone. I don't think I've explained this point very well but it's a really good point imo.

I was asking you what your thoughts on his motivations ARE because I couldn't tell from your response. It sounds like you don't know yet.
    do you know why I asked about yellow? cause he is the only other slot matching with your description of quiet players who you didn't make any points about till this point.

He is kind of null at the point. The thing I find alignment indicative from him is explaining what Purple was doing - SK could easily not say that. But thats so ehh reason so I stick with null at the moment.

From the way you were talking I assumed you have him as town lean (which I guess you did becuase you have 3 other people under him in your last page readlist) which was shocking to me as you said you want such slots gone early.

I'm sure you were town reading purple till that point. You agreed with the risen point to consider him scummy for that - to loose your town read on him.

What is that "I responded to you as early as I could in response to? I'm confused.

Ok how is this adding up with

@S-FM Blue Masquerader

Its like your attacking your own type of logic here.

regarding orange , how is everyone else straight-forward? when you were pushing orange you didn't even saw a single post from me and it seems you weren't sold on me and purple. so how us being straight forward makes him look scummier?

I do scum read orange for multiple reasons myself, I'm trying to evaluate my reasons by understanding his motivations yes. Exactly the same thing I'm doing with you right now.

45. ISO #245

do you know why I asked about yellow? cause he is the only other slot matching with your description of quiet players who you didn't make any points about till this point.

He is kind of null at the point. The thing I find alignment indicative from him is explaining what Purple was doing - SK could easily not say that. But thats so ehh reason so I stick with null at the moment.

From the way you were talking I assumed you have him as town lean (which I guess you did becuase you have 3 other people under him in your last page readlist) which was shocking to me as you said you want such slots gone early.

I'm sure you were town reading purple till that point. You agreed with the risen point to consider him scummy for that - to loose your town read on him.

What is that "I responded to you as early as I could in response to? I'm confused.

Ok how is this adding up with

Its like your attacking your own type of logic here.

regarding orange , how is everyone else straight-forward? when you were pushing orange you didn't even saw a single post from me and it seems you weren't sold on me and purple. so how us being straight forward makes him look scummier?

I do scum read orange for multiple reasons myself, I'm trying to evaluate my reasons by understanding his motivations yes. Exactly the same thing I'm doing with you right now.
    Yeah, I am aware that he is the lowest poster right now. And I know that I said I wanted the quieter players dead first. But then I gained an actual solid scum-read and I'd rather focus on that? Because lynching quieter people is more of a policy thing (to encourage people to not be quiet) and my read on Orange is a legit thing. So yeah, I changed my mind when I had a scum-read. Too bad.

It's not shocking as I didn't say being quiet was a scum tell by itself. I said it makes it easier for the SK to hide in those slots. I've repeated myself here like ten times now so this is the last time I'm talking about this

You said that I didn't respond to you as you were catching up. I'm saying that it was impossible for me to do so because I was not online.

I don't see where you think I'm 'attacking my own logic' there, nor do I see any incongruencies in what I said. Please explain.

I didn't need to see a post from anyone else to point out Orange's scummy posting style. Generally, townies are often straight-forward and to the point because their aim with posting is to say what's on their mind. They are not hiding anything. Scum want to blend in so they're more prone to waffling, hedging, overexplaining things, etc to look like they're contributing without actually giving a real contribution. Orange is the person who fits this pattern the most.

46. ISO #246

By the way, can you sum up what you got from this interaction and then move onto something else like discussing another player or some shit? Or can we at least not talk in wall-posts?

I don't think this current conversation is very productive because we're just writing long wall-posts that most people are probably not going to read and I don't think this is actually going anywhere. Also I don't get a TvS vibe from this so I'm starting to lose interest tbh.

47. ISO #247

Orange is hiding something and waffling , hedging and over explaining things? I'm not sure I'm following.

I guess you started your scum read on him because of his doubt casting on everything.

so That was an rvs discusion : policy lynching as a tactic. It makes sense eventhough it felt a little more sirious than that. I'm moving on from this point for now till I reread stuff.

I meant you didn't say anything on the posts I saw when I was catching up about purple. your stance on purple was a mystery for me - like you were trying to delay having a stance about him.

I mean you said "don't say you town read him because I'm scum" but now your saying "I town read everyone else because there is only one scum and I scum read orange so hard.

and I'm leaving now so bye for now

pedit : Some of my concerns are gone. I have some others that I'm trying to evaluate. I prefer waiting for others insights and I like to reread some stuff before summarizing what I think about this.

48. ISO #248

Orange is hiding something and waffling , hedging and over explaining things? I'm not sure I'm following.

I guess you started your scum read on him because of his doubt casting on everything.

so That was an rvs discusion : policy lynching as a tactic. It makes sense eventhough it felt a little more sirious than that. I'm moving on from this point for now till I reread stuff.

I meant you didn't say anything on the posts I saw when I was catching up about purple. your stance on purple was a mystery for me - like you were trying to delay having a stance about him.

I mean you said "don't say you town read him because I'm scum" but now your saying "I town read everyone else because there is only one scum and I scum read orange so hard.

and I'm leaving now so bye for now

pedit : Some of my concerns are gone. I have some others that I'm trying to evaluate. I prefer waiting for others insights and I like to reread some stuff before summarizing what I think about this.
    I will reread his posts and try to explain but when I think "why is Orange making X post?" I feel like he's making a lot of posts to look active without saying anything. Also I absolutely hated that post where he tried to downplay Green's early town-lean. I don't see town feeling the need to do that like he did. Just think about it - would you actually care that someone was giving someone an early town-lean over one post? You might if you thought the town-lean was a stretch because you thought that Green knows that Pink is town or something - that would make sense. But Orange didn't do that.

I'm getting annoyed with myself because I don't think anyone is understanding me here and that's my fault, but I don't know how to explain it any better than that -.-''

Since you seem to be confused on my Purple read, I will ISO him later and explain my thought process. It's true that I haven't talked about him much, didn't really care to tbh, I'll get that done alongside Orange in a couple hours.

I said "don't say you town-read him because Red is scum" because I wanted actual reasons that Orange could be town in case I was missing something, not some generic "lol ur scum so I won't answer you" kind of response. Some people do that with their scum-reads so I wanted to nip that in the bud. I have explained my reads in more depth than that myself.

49. ISO #249

50. ISO #250

I will reread his posts and try to explain but when I think "why is Orange making X post?" I feel like he's making a lot of posts to look active without saying anything. Also I absolutely hated that post where he tried to downplay Green's early town-lean. I don't see town feeling the need to do that like he did. Just think about it - would you actually care that someone was giving someone an early town-lean over one post? You might if you thought the town-lean was a stretch because you thought that Green knows that Pink is town or something - that would make sense. But Orange didn't do that.

I'm getting annoyed with myself because I don't think anyone is understanding me here and that's my fault, but I don't know how to explain it any better than that -.-''

Since you seem to be confused on my Purple read, I will ISO him later and explain my thought process. It's true that I haven't talked about him much, didn't really care to tbh, I'll get that done alongside Orange in a couple hours.

I said "don't say you town-read him because Red is scum" because I wanted actual reasons that Orange could be town in case I was missing something, not some generic "lol ur scum so I won't answer you" kind of response. Some people do that with their scum-reads so I wanted to nip that in the bud. I have explained my reads in more depth than that myself.
    eh, what is SK motivation for doubt casting on people town read? he needs to fit in with others idea not fighting with them.

Try to take a step back and re-exaplin your points about Orange with quotes

ah no be sure that I'm not like those people. No tunnel-vision here. explain your points and If I see them resolving my concerns about you I will unvote you.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Pink Masquerader View Post
    So, you're saying we should leave all lurkers alone so SK has an easier place to hide? Or, do you agree with him? I'm confused.
    I meant "This is a wifomy and distractive topic to discuss" and it could be something SK would say to advertise policy in day 1. Red didn't follow that line of thinking up later though which I wanted to know why.

Pushing lurkers , low posters and quiet slots is a great idea but that discussion was out of place in page 2.