In-Game Name: Mercy

Account Name: Zark
    Account ID: 1-S2-1-4216953
    In-Game Name: Light Yagami
    Screenshot2016-06-09 17_34_03.jpg
    Crimes Committed: Skyping
    -Mafia- (879).SC2Replay
    Your Account Name: Tristan
    Summary: A couple days in 4(a doctor) comes to me(5) with a lead that 8 is triad. Upon pressing him to reveal his lead, he claims that: He is in a voice chat with 12 who, believing Washu to be a dead player as well, revealed 8 as the remaining Triad player. This lead to me checking 8 and revealing that he was indeed the last Triad.

Malicious or not, I made a point of rubbing 4's nose in the dirt to say 'this is not a thing that is ok in Mafia', hopefully it wasn't too tacky.

Screenshot2016-06-09 17_34_34.jpg
    Screenshot2016-06-09 17_34_48.jpg

2. ISO #2

Re: Washu: 1-S2-1-340083;Zark: 1-S2-1-4216953

SC ID VERIFICATION
    1. Washu Correct. 1-S2-1-340083
    2. Zark Correct. 1-S2-1-4216953

Respective Hotkeys
    1. Control 2
    2. Control 6

Was the Game Result altered?
    1. Yes, 8 is lynched because of 4’s information.

Previous Offenses
    1. None
    2. None

Player Offenses
    1. Skyping/Cheating/Additional Information
    2. Skyping/Cheating/Additional Information

Summary
    1.Washu rolls doc, and Zark rolls DH. Nothing of note until D5: 4 (washu) pms Tristan that 8 was the last Triad. Tristan asks him what is his role. He tells him that he’s doc, and Tristan says. “How do you know he’s triad then.” Washu says “In voice chat with 12, I told him I was 6 (amnesiac first dead.)” So he told him the info. Tristan tells him that he will be reporting him. 4 then tries to heal 8 at night, and the next day he pms Tristan and tells him that he was lying because Mafia is a game of deception. However, it is too late, and 8 is lynched and flips enforcer.
    Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 1.27.50 AM.png
    Conclusion: Admits to skyping in PM’s even if fake skyping, which is highly unlikely, he still got the correct Triad member. I am willing to be more lenient with 12, because it seems he didn’t share info until after he thought his friend was dead. However, it’s possible 4 was lying about that as well, and was just covering tracks. Because it’s clear they were skyping/cheating involved whether inadvertent on 12’s part or not, both will be punished. I will also note that the last triad did say "It's true, I'm triad lynch me." However they started off N1 stating they were going to try and jester gambit. Regardless, 8 was confirmed triad by 4's intel and Tristan checking him as sheriff.

Recommended Action
    1. Watch-List x8
    2. Watch-List x3

Additional Notes
    Thanks for the report! These players clearly were skyping, although it is not evident in the game that they were necessarily working together, it is clear that out of game information was shared. This led directly to the loss for the Triad, and a cheap win for the town. Because of how blatant this skyping was, I am recommending an 8 week Watch-List. Which at any time, if Washu is found cheating again, or any other major violations, he shall be remanded to Ban-List. Given he has no history, it is my hope that he is able to serve this probation without incident. Zark on the other hand definitely shared information, whether he was tricked or not is the question. I am recommending the 3 Week WL as standard in this type of case.

When you cheat, you take away the experience from everyone playing. Mafia is supposed to be a game of deception and lies, and it's impossible to have that when people are using out of game information to make in game decisions.
    Last edited by PowersThatBe; June 13th, 2016 at 10:35 PM.

3. ISO #3