S-FM 200: Mafia Wars II - Page 19
Register

User Tag List

Page 19 of 83 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #901

2. ISO #902

Re: S-FM 200: Mafia Wars II

Quote Originally Posted by Borderline Crazy Dealers View Post
    5 hours is plenty of time for SOME worthwhile content, especially if you're going to stick around. Not letting that slide as an excuse.
    It is an excuse. I just have been told that I have to go to a fucking lunch with some random people. Fuck it. I'll try to check this once in a while But I'm fucked.

And now that Duck has shown to you that we're not scum this is too easy

3. ISO #903

I recall you saying that their read list made you think they are town. What about it gave you that impression?

My hydra is conflicted on Unknown/ Sino. I, Calix, think both are town but I can't claim that the others agree with this. Yes, I read the Sandbox game.

What do you mean by 'what scum exactly'? I'm trying to hunt for the Cult Leader because lynching them D1 a) makes the Mafia 100% informed on EVERYONE'S alignments, thus making them easier to find, and b) means we don't have to be paranoid fucks. So I have them as my strongest suspects for CL.

Pretty sure a lot of my reads have been "bad town or scum because of XYZ" this game.

There is no point in being wimpy about my scum reads. Going "oh they could be town but this looks bad oh dearie me" is boring and being combative is a better strategy.

Why would I give a fuck wherever I'm read as 'overwhelming town' to you? That's not my job.
    Well if your overwhelming Town it means your prolly town and I think you would want to be town read?

Just wondering if you saw Kovath or shino as FBI or not.

K, so just meta reads than?

I'm just uncertain how you can be so certain is all.

4. ISO #904

5. ISO #905

6. ISO #906

Quote Originally Posted by Rurouni Kenshin View Post
    Well if your overwhelming Town it means your prolly town and I think you would want to be town read?

Just wondering if you saw Kovath or shino as FBI or not.

K, so just meta reads than?

I'm just uncertain how you can be so certain is all.
    Why are you town-reading GET?

I don't need to be 'overwhelming' town to achieve that.

Shifty has been a FBI suspect (for multiple players) ever since his first post. I'm just starting to find Kovath's playstyle to be appropriate for CL as well because they wouldn't want to draw attention to themselves and he's remained nice and hidden among the drama, no?

Yes, I use meta.

It's because I'm Calix, duh.

7. ISO #907

8. ISO #908

Why are you town-reading GET?

I don't need to be 'overwhelming' town to achieve that.

Shifty has been a FBI suspect (for multiple players) ever since his first post. I'm just starting to find Kovath's playstyle to be appropriate for CL as well because they wouldn't want to draw attention to themselves and he's remained nice and hidden among the drama, no?

Yes, I use meta.

It's because I'm Calix, duh.
    K, well if your not overwhelming town its kinda hard to read a slot like yours?

I'm town reading GET for posts 818-820. Drunk posts of being too drunk to be subtle. Shows you where their at.

shiftys first post is blown out of proportion IMO. I'm not saying they can't be scum cuz it doesn't look good for them, but I think it might be fair to say Duck could be FBI cuz of the claim?

Do people not change their meta around here or something?

K.

9. ISO #909

K, well if your not overwhelming town its kinda hard to read a slot like yours?

I'm town reading GET for posts 818-820. Drunk posts of being too drunk to be subtle. Shows you where their at.

shiftys first post is blown out of proportion IMO. I'm not saying they can't be scum cuz it doesn't look good for them, but I think it might be fair to say Duck could be FBI cuz of the claim?

Do people not change their meta around here or something?

K.
    I'm not that hard to read, especially given that I've made 90% of the posts, but thanks for the compliment.

Ah, the good ol' drunken defense

I'm not saying he's scum just because of his first post. It's just what made a lot of people suspect him and his posts following that don't make up for it.

They don't, otherwise they get scum-read to death for it. Any time I change mine, there's the inevitable "Calix so scum, she's acting DIFFERENTLY" spiel.

10. ISO #910

I'm not that hard to read, especially given that I've made 90% of the posts, but thanks for the compliment.

Ah, the good ol' drunken defense

I'm not saying he's scum just because of his first post. It's just what made a lot of people suspect him and his posts following that don't make up for it.

They don't, otherwise they get scum-read to death for it. Any time I change mine, there's the inevitable "Calix so scum, she's acting DIFFERENTLY" spiel.
    That's shitty that people can't change their meta, like so much suck.

11. ISO #911

12. ISO #912

Well currently I'm under the impression that I'm playing Mafia on Hard Mode.

I've just looked at Kovath's vote and yes, it's #5 - a fucking RVS one - that he hasn't moved despite apparently having legitimate scum reads. This is something I cannot explain from a town mindset. He points out holes in Unknown's logic but does not vote. He claims to scum-read Shifty, but does not vote. In 800 posts. That's rather damning, actually.

However, if I accept that Shifty and Kovath are 2/3 scum, then that means that - at most - only one of my other scum leans/ reads (you, GET, maybe Unknown and Sino if I ignore meta, maybe Duck) can be scum. And that assumes that all of my other town reads are correct.

I'm having a hard time here. Care to chip in with any pertinent thoughts on this post?
    Addressing this point about my vote while I'm compiling my thoughts on what's happened since sleep:

I'm stingy with my vote. If you want you can skim all my previous games. It's what I do, and I think it's funny how recently people keep trying to scumread me for it.
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

13. ISO #913

Hi,

I'd like Fatalis to tell us why PoD is a slight town read when he didn't add anything to the game, how can he be not null ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalis View Post
    Would rather not elaborate
    Did Whad take over your account ?

Also,

Quote Originally Posted by G4slight View Post
    Sino: All those questions seemed forced from my reading
    Are you saying you think i asked all those question because of a RVS vote ?

-unvote

for now
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    [23:19:39] DarknessB:
    -vote Sino

14. ISO #914

15. ISO #915

16. ISO #916

17. ISO #917

18. ISO #918

19. ISO #919

For future reference...

@Fatalis

Spoiler : Fatalis' reads :

Reads could do with some explanation. You say later that you were conflicted on wherever Shifty or myself were the third scum. What I can't figure out is how you're even comparing us here. Shifty has done NOTHING pro-town, has tried to lurk off the pressure by diverting to setup spec after he was pressured early, so I have no idea how people are concluding "null" or defending him or having doubts that he's scum. Someone explain.

Spoiler : Kenshin being 'too scummy to be scum' and apparently aware of this. Not sure how this really helps the scum aside from creating more chaos :

O_o

-vote Fatalis
    Spoiler : Kenshin being 'too scummy to be scum' and apparently aware of this. Not sure how this really helps the scum aside from creating more chaos :

Spoiler : Some other Duck posts I dislike :

Reiterating a point that I made earlier. No idea why he felt the need to repeat it twice.

Being self-aware that you're doing something retarded and anti-town, yet doing it anyway with shitty justification.

Spoiler : Eggy's read list + post. I find his cautious tone and Mesk's continued shit-posting to be suspicious; light scum read :

[/QUOTE]

I've justified myself on both Kovath and Unknown1234. The scum reads are obviously for different reasons. This is where I agree with what the others describe as 'too scummy to be scum'. Look, when I play a game I try to deduce ALL roles. That last sentence should be indicative.

I am null on you and so by POE...

20. ISO #920

21. ISO #921

@Calix

I don't like your read on me. If my rage is real my claim is real, if rage is fake my claim is fake. I think we can both agree on that knowing me as a player/person.

In world of music I faked rage, and post game we were skyping about how it "was so funny because of how obvious it was."

So I am asking you, since you of all people find my fake rage obvious which is it? You of all people should be able to say for 100% certainty which alignment I am right now. There should be no "well maybe" I want a definitive answer from you because you are so good at spotting "fake rage".

-vote borderline crazy dealers

-DucK

22. ISO #922

I'm saying his content is not super lynchworthy. Why do you think it is?
    That's not a read. Explain what alignment you think he is and why.

I'm making a big deal out of it given how he lurked once he received a little bit of pressure (with his first post - how hard would it have been to simply say "oh it was RP and too clunky" before actually contributing? Not very hard), tried diverting attention with setup spec and IIOA (something you look critically on) and has provided no views on anyone. He hasn't even done the cliche OMGUS on his main accuser.

We have a tendency to go for the loudest, most obnoxious posters (who are rarely scum), especially when it gets hectic at EOD, so I am keeping attention focused on him to decrease the chances of that happening.

23. ISO #923

[/SPOILER]

Reiterating a point that I made earlier. No idea why he felt the need to repeat it twice.

Being self-aware that you're doing something retarded and anti-town, yet doing it anyway with shitty justification.

Spoiler : Eggy's read list + post. I find his cautious tone and Mesk's continued shit-posting to be suspicious; light scum read :

I've justified myself on both Kovath and Unknown1234. The scum reads are obviously for different reasons. This is where I agree with what the others describe as 'too scummy to be scum'. Look, when I play a game I try to deduce ALL roles. That last sentence should be indicative.

Can you guys please try to stop failing your quotes ?

Also, can you explain why you read PoD as town ?
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    -vote Sino

24. ISO #924

25. ISO #925

[/SPOILER]

I am null on you and so by POE...[/QUOTE]

BTW that last post isn't directed to BCD in particular, cough Sino cough.

26. ISO #926

Point out the post where you made your case on Kovath and Unknown, cuz I'm pretty sure it was pretty much a one liner?

27. ISO #927

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    @Fatalis you can't keep saying you've justified it "they try too hard" you have no good reasoning and you can't expect people to mind read you
    If that's all that you are getting from me then you haven't been thorough enough in reading my posts. I am trying to be as articulate as possible, please refer to my post where I stated my reasons why I scum read you.

28. ISO #928

Giving me like a threat that I have to "scrap the other two games."

I do plan on playing and never said anything to the contrary. I said I might not catch up, but didn't say i wouldn't be playing. I view this a trying to dangle the carrot to say "see look I am Mafia, I claimed it."

This defence sucks ass because he sure as hell did not give a good reason for the vote!

I don't get any breaks? Why not? because I was reaction testing in my first few posts? I don't get it.

I am not voting against my reads and have no idea how you could assume that. I did in fact have a scum read on Kovath I just didn't explain it and said it really poorly on purpose. This does not mean that I had a Mafia read on Kovath whatsoever.

This is IIoA, just like the original reason for the ew post.

I didn't see these inconsistencies pointed out, they are just taken as a given and I don't like that.

Its not logic, its just an overly easy thing to post and that's why I have a problem with this content.

This is contradictory. They argue that pointing out the obvious is not scummy, but still argue the point that it could be Townie.

Dismisses the relevance that making a post like "everyone post reads" is not the easiest thing in the world for anyone to do. Its not even about logic though, that's a false dichotomy.

Like I just expect a question on why I made a post about ew instead of a big huge explanation to explain why they said that. Like how hard is it to say "why the ew?" Its also way more efficient to simply ask a question rather than explaining why you did something. Asking gives more answers to someone than explaining

Why would a newb have a better chance of knowing what I am doing than you?

Ad hominem.

False Dichotomy again. I never said anything about you being Mafioso claiming a PR.

No defense.

In conclusion either Ducks is assuming a shit ton of stuff or they are being crafty. I think it will be apparent given some time.
    This is just a bucketload of comments, not analysis. At best it clarified minor points of contention between himself and Duck. No content I would consider useful or substantive.

Also: "I did in fact have a scum read on Kovath I just didn't explain it and said it really poorly on purpose." Why the hell is this ever a thing? It basically means nothing to other townies then, which means it's useless. You make reads and judgments and then explain them to convince other townies because that's you make lynches on your scumread happen, and if you don't make those happen you're not useful as a townie.
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

29. ISO #929

Quote Originally Posted by SexyDucK View Post
    @Calix

I don't like your read on me. If my rage is real my claim is real, if rage is fake my claim is fake. I think we can both agree on that knowing me as a player/person.

In world of music I faked rage, and post game we were skyping about how it "was so funny because of how obvious it was."

So I am asking you, since you of all people find my fake rage obvious which is it? You of all people should be able to say for 100% certainty which alignment I am right now. There should be no "well maybe" I want a definitive answer from you because you are so good at spotting "fake rage".

-vote borderline crazy dealers

-DucK
    Before I answer, why do you think I would be "100% certain"? I'm actually playing the game alongside you, as opposed to WOM when I only figured you out AFTER I died. (on N1 at that)

30. ISO #930

Quote Originally Posted by Kovath View Post
    This is just a bucketload of comments, not analysis. At best it clarified minor points of contention between himself and Duck. No content I would consider useful or substantive.

Also: "I did in fact have a scum read on Kovath I just didn't explain it and said it really poorly on purpose." Why the hell is this ever a thing? It basically means nothing to other townies then, which means it's useless. You make reads and judgments and then explain them to convince other townies because that's you make lynches on your scumread happen, and if you don't make those happen you're not useful as a townie.
    Keep reading, please.

31. ISO #931

32. ISO #932

BTW that last post isn't directed to BCD in particular, cough Sino cough.
    I don't even get what you're trying to tell us

Rurouni and pod are slight town reads.
    Would rather not elaborate
    WHY ?

Why do you town read a player who has posted so little ?
    -vote Sino

33. ISO #933

34. ISO #934

Before I answer, why do you think I would be "100% certain"? I'm actually playing the game alongside you, as opposed to WOM when I only figured you out AFTER I died. (on N1 at that)
    Because you also said you figured it out before the mod told you I was mafia, and that you just had 30 minutes to write your last will. Spotting if my rage was so easy for you, it should not matter that you are in the game, but since you are in both games it should be easier since you possibly can understand my frustration, or not which would be more towards me faking it.

You would be 100 percent certain because if it was fake rage I am clearly lieing and thus evil, and if I am not fake raging what is the point of fake claiming and not having an agenda? Unless you believe I go into a fake claim with the plan of yelling and screaming and hoping the pressure will go away, given that I am reckless maybe you do. Keep in mind in charmander when my claim did not go well, I rescinded my claim.

This game there is no rescind, I will lead town to victory, or be mislynched a beguiler.

-DucK

35. ISO #935

Strong town read on you IS because of your claim + the fact that your um, "intra-archon" reaction feels real
    No, because I definitely see how someone could mafia read either you or Logically Insane
    I also have a slight scum read on Shifty

Don't agree with your mafia read on Voss, however, I think he's legit trying to be pro-town

In the few initial posts he tried to seem pro-town, then admitted that it was shit-posting when called out, then tried to justify it by saying he's trying to provoke discussion, then feels like he's trying way too hard to seem pro-town

FBI is gut feeling + I read unknown as Luciano, and I don't see them both as luciano
    This is the only post he actually explained and it wasn't on some of your reads. We have a Whad.

36. ISO #936

don't agree but it shows town motives

you can always predict alignments, its like trying to distinguish SK from maf in this case

weirdest plays, most un readable

bcs Voss' post says his honest thoughts and the tone seems honest, I try to create a complete personality of each player in my mind

i most often just go along with my feelings.. its usually right

but here, I'll try to elaborate the case on you: I dont think YOUR commenting on every single post is a sign of actively trying to scumhunt. it feels artificial and you are running around in place instead of trying to push scumhunting forward
    Is this a scum read?

37. ISO #937

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    This is the only post he actually explained and it wasn't on some of your reads. We have a Whad.
    And it looks like he just went off...

-vote Fatalis
    -vote Sino

38. ISO #938

39. ISO #939

40. ISO #940

41. ISO #941

he's town bro. You will have to accept his pod read.

-DucK
    How are you so sure about it ?

And i accepted Whad's reads because he was the confirmed manager, i had no choice, as far as i know, Fatalis isn't confirmed
    -vote Sino

42. ISO #942

43. ISO #943

44. ISO #944

I rather be lynched than him today.

Fatalis is not on the lynch table, he is town. Now that is a whad comment!

-DucK
    Which is why i asked you to explain that strong town read on him
    -vote Sino

45. ISO #945

Quote Originally Posted by Sino View Post
    How are you so sure about it ?

And i accepted Whad's reads because he was the confirmed manager, i had no choice, as far as i know, Fatalis isn't confirmed
    he is reading players off of their intent and looking at their point of view. He disagreed with unknown, but understood where he was coming from. He read voss in that he felt genuine. I hate some of his reads sure, but he is not a good lynch candidate. I do not mind you pressuring him more though, but I don't think we will end up there today.

-DucK

46. ISO #946

Because you also said you figured it out before the mod told you I was mafia, and that you just had 30 minutes to write your last will. Spotting if my rage was so easy for you, it should not matter that you are in the game, but since you are in both games it should be easier since you possibly can understand my frustration, or not which would be more towards me faking it.

You would be 100 percent certain because if it was fake rage I am clearly lieing and thus evil, and if I am not fake raging what is the point of fake claiming and not having an agenda? Unless you believe I go into a fake claim with the plan of yelling and screaming and hoping the pressure will go away, given that I am reckless maybe you do. Keep in mind in charmander when my claim did not go well, I rescinded my claim.

This game there is no rescind, I will lead town to victory, or be mislynched a beguiler.

-DucK
    So this is based entirely on meta?

No, I'm not going to be '100% certain' on anything relating to emotional/ tone reads and I never will be. Get out of here with that crap.

While I find specific things about your slot scummy (and would like those to be clarified if possible) I am not feeling scum and I definitely wouldn't advocate a lynch on you today. See my points about obnoxious players being targeted the most frequently on why I'm pushing Shifty for why.

I for one don't think you're Beguiler ;) However, despite your claims to the contrary, I don't think you're a CL either. I imagine Investigative roles will be paranoid enough to check you and I don't think CL would be that daring in this setup as they have no special abilities or anything that makes sense with a Beguiler claim and given how easily they can get rekt.

47. ISO #947

48. ISO #948

I rather be lynched than him today.

Fatalis is not on the lynch table, he is town. Now that is a whad comment!

-DucK
    This.

Sino, stop being stupid. You're constantly using activity as a reason to scum-read players WHEN IT IT NOT ALIGNMENT INDICATIVE. Get your vote onto actual scum, please.

49. ISO #949

50. ISO #950