Day IV - Catharsis - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #51

Re: Day IV - Catharsis

Quote Originally Posted by Dimwit View Post
    It doesn't mean he hasn't done anything, learned anything or night spoken with anyone... unless he's apart of your faction?
    Looks like Dimwit and Hamslyx are Roman Butt-Buddies... teehee

Spoiler : FM Roles :
    FM I: FalseTruth the Half-Breed | FM II: FalseTruth the Plato's Bitch | FM III: Co-Host | FM IV: Gabriele the Dirty Nazi Hookah | FM V: Theodore the Ambitious | FM VI: FalseTruth the Bothersome Sloth | FM VII: Peter the Troll | FM VIII: Host | FM IX: Larisa the Cappertiller | FM X: FM Lysergic the Evil Genius | FM XI: Udyr the Lurking Oracle

2. ISO #52

3. ISO #53

Quote Originally Posted by FalseTruth View Post
    Looks like Dimwit and Hamslyx are Roman Butt-Buddies... teehee
    Doesn't it, though? I've already established that you and Philie are Legionnaires. Don't deflect.
    FM VI: Disciple - Shepherd(Lookout) | FM VIII: Glad Hand(Jailer) | FM IX: Anarchist | FM X: Mafioso | FM XIV: Vernius(Drug Dealer)
    M-FM II: Doctor | M-FM IV: Doctor | M-FM V: Sheriff | M-FM XI: Godfather

4. ISO #54

Doesn't it, though? I've already established that you and Philie are Legionnaires. Don't deflect.
    Well, you are wrong about me, and are probably wrong about Philie... so you could very well be a Roman.

FM I: FalseTruth the Half-Breed | FM II: FalseTruth the Plato's Bitch | FM III: Co-Host | FM IV: Gabriele the Dirty Nazi Hookah | FM V: Theodore the Ambitious | FM VI: FalseTruth the Bothersome Sloth | FM VII: Peter the Troll | FM VIII: Host | FM IX: Larisa the Cappertiller | FM X: FM Lysergic the Evil Genius | FM XI: Udyr the Lurking Oracle

5. ISO #55

6. ISO #56

Quote Originally Posted by FalseTruth View Post
    Well, you are wrong about me, and are probably wrong about Philie... so you could very well be a Roman.
    Sometimes right, sometimes wrong, never assured and rarely absolute. Though I'm fairly convinced you're working for a faction as a target dummy, whether by mechanics or self loathing.
    FM VI: Disciple - Shepherd(Lookout) | FM VIII: Glad Hand(Jailer) | FM IX: Anarchist | FM X: Mafioso | FM XIV: Vernius(Drug Dealer)

7. ISO #57

Well, it's kinda ironic how 1 assasin was killed by the other assasin.

Anyway, a big lurker wagon starts at some point in every game. So I might as well post...

The Flaw in the logic of the lurker wagon

I am surprised that Goon is voting against a lurker who has not been online in 3 days. Other then that rare case with SAS in FM5, it is rare for a lurker to turn out to be evil, and even with SAS, he was neutral. Before you decide to lynch a lurker you should first of all find out when they were last online. As I said above, Hamlyx has not been online in 3 days. Therefore, he could not have in anyway comunicated with his teamates, and it is unlikely he has even submited night actions.

In previous mafia games, it may have been possible to end up lynching a neutral by lynching a lurker. However, this game, there are no neutrals, and all players fall under 1 of 4 factions. If he is Eternity, Sin or Roman, he has not done anything over the previous nights, could not have communicated with his allies and is therefore very unlikely to be a threat.

Lurkers MAY be a possible assasination target, but it is a waste of a lynch.

I seriously would have thought the veterans would of seen the flaw in this logic, not only because of the low rate of sucess, but because of the lack of neutrals.

8. ISO #58

Quote Originally Posted by Auckmid View Post

Anyway, a big lurker wagon starts at some point in every game. So I might as well post...

I am surprised that Goon is voting against a lurker who has not been online in 3 days. Other then that rare case with SAS in FM5, it is rare for a lurker to turn out to be evil, and even with SAS, he was neutral. Before you decide to lynch a lurker you should first of all find out when they were last online. As I said above, Hamlyx has not been online in 3 days. Therefore, he could not have in anyway comunicated with his teamates, and it is unlikely he has even submited night actions.

In previous mafia games, it may have been possible to end up lynching a neutral by lynching a lurker. However, this game, there are no neutrals, and all players fall under 1 of 4 factions. If he is Eternity, Sin or Roman, he has not done anything over the previous nights, could not have communicated with his allies and is therefore very unlikely to be a threat.

I seriously would have thought the veterans would of seen the flaw in this logic, not only because of the low rate of sucess, but because of the lack of neutrals.
    Notice how I said that if something with a higher priority comes up we can focus on that.
    *reserved*

9. ISO #59

QFT^^^^

10. ISO #60

Other then that rare case with SAS in FM5, it is rare for a lurker to turn out to be evil, and even with SAS, he was neutral.

11. ISO #61

whats up with all that brofisting here? ewwww you disgust me so much right now! Let the lurkers lurk ya!

These are not the Lurkers you are looking for!

Spoiler : fm history :
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

12. ISO #62

Ambient, after some time to think it over, do you have any current conclusions or theories in regards to Claw and FalseTruth?

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64

15. ISO #65

Because I'm accusing you of being a Legionnaire. It's a figurative accusation in that being a Legionnaire is the figurative guilty plea.

16. ISO #66

Before everyone goes all serious face, I shall provide you all with some light-hearted, relevant, comedic entertainment.

17. ISO #67

Quote Originally Posted by Goonswarm View Post
    Ok so for some reason the post history search thing is broken. I search posts done by J and I see none on the FM boards, but when I check history he has some. Regardless most of these duders are lurking.
    An easier way to check is to click on the post count in the topic list. It brings up a little window with everyone who has posted and how many posts. If you click on the post count next to that user, it displays all of their posts in that topic.

18. ISO #68

Ambient, after some time to think it over, do you have any current conclusions or theories in regards to Claw and FalseTruth?
    Well I find these two players notoriously hard to read. Claw because he is Claw and Falsetruth is always able to display a plausible point of view regardless of the circumstances. Falsetruth has certainly been a major player to the flow of the days. However, he has not been overly negative. Nor stopped the general consensus from doing anything (aside from lynching him).
    Player Report Guidelines: Click Here
    *Guidelines likely out of date

Spoiler : Forum Mafia :
    | | FMVII: Citizen (W) | FMVI: Pride (W) | FMVIII: Ghost (L) | FMIX: Proletarian (W) | FMX: Student (L) | FMXI: Co-Host | FMXII: Fool (W) |
    I saw your party join...

19. ISO #69

Quote Originally Posted by Goonswarm View Post
    Ok well when I look at my list I feel that the most lurky lurker is...

Dis guys who really has not posted a gdamn thing

vote hamslyx
    I agree this member has not contributed anything, and until we have something more solid it seems safe of bet as any.

vote hamslyx

Sleep time for now. See you in the morning.
    Player Report Guidelines: Click Here
    *Guidelines likely out of date

Spoiler : Forum Mafia :
    | | FMVII: Citizen (W) | FMVI: Pride (W) | FMVIII: Ghost (L) | FMIX: Proletarian (W) | FMX: Student (L) | FMXI: Co-Host | FMXII: Fool (W) |
    I saw your party join...

20. ISO #70

1) A whore decided it was worth wasting a use to block me last night.

2) Dimwit really doesn't understand how the sin kills work, does he?

3) Auckmid makes a good point and a bad point. The bad point: why would you assume lurkers can't be evil? The good point: if a lurker really hasn't even been active in 3 days, he really can't be a contributing party to crime, so there's not much point in lynching him. He ought to be modkilled, but I think we'd be better off searching for real scum.
    FMII: Armorsmith | FMIII: Napoli Godfather | FMIV: Arsonist | FMV: Doctor | FMVI: Greed | FMVIII: Consigliere | FMXVI: Citizen | MFMXVII: Bus Driver | FMXX: Mason

Il giusto è solo chi sa fingerlo meglio

21. ISO #71

Quote Originally Posted by vornksr View Post
    1) A whore decided it was worth wasting a use to block me last night.

3) Auckmid makes a good point and a bad point. The bad point: why would you assume lurkers can't be evil? The good point: if a lurker really hasn't even been active in 3 days, he really can't be a contributing party to crime, so there's not much point in lynching him. He ought to be modkilled, but I think we'd be better off searching for real scum.
    It seems like

*Sunglasses*

You got fucked.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    *reserved*

22. ISO #72

About hamslyx, he was last active three days ago. I don't think you can fake that, so it means he hasn't logged into his account for three days. Which means that he's not actively participating in night chats, and hasn't committed any night actions unless his account is a proxy for someone else who regularly visits. My thought was Muso, but Muso was last active a week ago, so if he's in this game it's via another account, not hamslyx.
    FMII: Armorsmith | FMIII: Napoli Godfather | FMIV: Arsonist | FMV: Doctor | FMVI: Greed | FMVIII: Consigliere | FMXVI: Citizen | MFMXVII: Bus Driver | FMXX: Mason

23. ISO #73

1) You're being an asshole
    2) I was ASSUMING (and not the only one, I fairly add) that Lucifer was alternating each night between recruiting and meditating. If you use that little brain of yours you can see that, given this assumption, Sin would not have been at 2 kills yet.

So, logically speaking, either:
    a) I did not understand how the Sin KPN worked
    or
    b) My assumption was incorrect.

It turned out that (b) is the correct answer to that.

So your statement is false; I do in fact understand how sin kills work, I had simply miss judged the strategy sin was using to recruit.

You're welcome.

24. ISO #74

25. ISO #75

Why do you think that sin is at two kpn?
    Because Sin has two kills, presumed by the whimsical hand of Lucifer, which is only achieved through the KPN.

26. ISO #76

What...

the hell?

Kpn means kills per night. So far we've only seen sin execute one kill per night. Ubernox, TheWaaagh, now Yayap. There hasn't been a single night in which sin has killed twice.

Unless you're claiming that you know someone else got attacked last night but didn't die?

27. ISO #77

28. ISO #78

By the way, second assassin, I hope you're happy that you've got Celt's other kill... Hopefully it's worth it. (After Day 2 r116 I had him pegged as one of two possible Zane-killers; perhaps you should investigate your next two targets more thoroughly before striking.)

29. ISO #79

Fuck me, you're right. I totally misunderstood KPN. I tried to figure out wtf KPN meant contextually based on an incorrect understanding of the sin kill mechanics. I had somehow gathered from the Roles and Rules thread that it was a total of 4 voted Sin kills, not 4 per night. A fundamental error in my logic in this regard.

My bad dudes.. sorry vornskr, I concede to that. You were right, I was way off base with the KPN mechanics.. I take back the asshole comment.

I feel as ignorant as a westboro baptist minister right now... please have mercy on me..

30. ISO #80

No worries. I was kind of an ass in the way I phrased it; sorry for that.

I'm just frustrated by how poorly this game is going, and it's not at all helped by the fact that most of us still aren't really clear on how the game actually works.

31. ISO #81

This is completely OOC:
    My apologies to all those I argued with this "morning." I was very wrong. Dark, Bork, Vorn and Mc, my bad. I was being a total asshat. You've taken me down the notch that I needed. Thanks, seriously.

32. ISO #82

33. ISO #83

34. ISO #84

35. ISO #85

36. ISO #86

Just an idea, but maybe Tiberius was going to jail Nick and then went AFK while we lynched him. I have no idea why he would jail Nick yesterday, but it's just a thought...

I don't think that we should be lynching lurkers/inactives: I have a feeling that many of them will be modkilled anyway. As for who we should actually lynch, I have no idea (since no one seems to want to lynch FalseTruth).
    AKA Othnia (Battle.net ID): formerly in FMs II-XII.

37. ISO #87
    Fragos

Hello, I'm back. Yayap and Nink probably thought that they had a sealed demon inside then, and behaved thenselves stupidly - which led to their death. It could'n be helped. Nick was laso interested to know id he had a sealed demon inside or not, that's why he insisted on his own lynch.

Anyway, now that 3 Sinners are dead, I'm going to scry next night. Next day I will tell you how many Romans, Eternity and active Demons are currently in game.

If hamslyx is indeed Claw's second account, then Claw should be modkilled along with him by FM Game Master. But since nothing happened yet, I'm starting to think that Claw is bluffing.

And FalseTruth, your last post is contagious!

38. ISO #88

Ok, since my understanding here is obviously slightly flawed, when it says that Lucifer shows as a commoner to investigative roles, does this equate to blanket detection immunity? Or would a Thief or Shepherd see Lucifer move about? It seems to be the only remaining question I have...

39. ISO #89

40. ISO #90

I think our goal for today should be to hunt Sinners. There is a 37% chance, as I mentioned before, that they are actually sealed demons, so that would probably be the best course of action.

So, who are your suspects for Sinner?

41. ISO #91

42. ISO #92

43. ISO #93
    Fragos

And Claw claimed once that he is a thief (which was a lie)

44. ISO #94

Quote Originally Posted by Fragos View Post
    Hello, I'm back. Yayap and Nink probably thought that they had a sealed demon inside then, and behaved thenselves stupidly - which led to their death. It could'n be helped. Nick was laso interested to know id he had a sealed demon inside or not, that's why he insisted on his own lynch.

Anyway, now that 3 Sinners are dead, I'm going to scry next night. Next day I will tell you how many Romans, Eternity and active Demons are currently in game.

If hamslyx is indeed Claw's second account, then Claw should be modkilled along with him by FM Game Master. But since nothing happened yet, I'm starting to think that Claw is bluffing.

And FalseTruth, your last post is contagious!
    ALL HAIL OUR MIGHTY TOWN LEADER HAS ARRIVED TO SAVE THE DAY!

Btw who vote you to lead the jews? Are you Moses or just another faggot? Pls go suicide today with your Jesus buddy.

All Hail mighty Luciver! Pls don't waste your time with me and i won't waste my time with you. PROMISE!
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

45. ISO #95

I'm just frustrated by how poorly this game is going, and it's not at all helped by the fact that most of us still aren't really clear on how the game actually works.
    ^ This.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganondorf View Post
    Just an idea, but maybe Tiberius was going to jail Nick and then went AFK while we lynched him. I have no idea why he would jail Nick yesterday, but it's just a thought...
    Considering the lynch took almost 3 irl days and he always was the one with more votes this is very unlikely.

@all the one voting lurkers: WTF guys? If you want to random vote someone at least vote suicidaln00b. We know he's a sinner.

Check out the Mafia Simulator!

FMII: Citizen/Mason | FMIII: Mayor[MVP] | FMIV: Witch | FMV: Vigilante/Cultist[MVP] | FMVII: Host

46. ISO #96

Quote Originally Posted by Illidan View Post

Considering the lynch took almost 3 irl days and he always was the one with more votes this is very unlikely.

@all the one voting lurkers: WTF guys? If you want to random vote someone at least vote suicidaln00b. We know he's a sinner.
    Because you are not prepared! hurr durr. Or... Are you?

JesusSo much of this! ==== >

47. ISO #97
    Fragos

If you really want to hunt Sinners, lead the bandwagon to vote someone who you think is suspicious. (Claw, False, suicidalnoob or whatever).

I'm not going to vote against anyone right now, taking the neutral position, but I might add one of my finishing votes later in this day. The reason for that is that all 7 demons are still alive. Can you convince me that you are capable of finding any one of then? Until you do, i'll abstain from any voting right now.

48. ISO #98

Quote Originally Posted by Fragos View Post
    If you really want to hunt Sinners, lead the bandwagon to vote someone who you think is suspicious. (Claw, False, suicidalnoob or whatever).

I'm not going to vote against anyone right now, taking the neutral position, but I might add one of my finishing votes later in this day. The reason for that is that all 7 demons are still alive. Can you convince me that you are capable of finding any one of then? Until you do, i'll abstain from any voting right now.
    How u know?

49. ISO #99

Hooray, there's a roleblocking daemon
    Spoiler : Previous FM roles :
    FM - VI: Commoner | VII: (Lionel) Gunner, Shinra Inc. | VIII: Investigator | X: (HerrZynisch) Black Wizard | (Graves) Citizen | XII: (Ser Jorah) Armoursmith | XIII: Host (Roxy)!
    M-FM- I: Host | II: Framer | III: Host | IV: Exe | V: Devil Dog | VI: Exe | VIII: DD
    S-FM - I: Jailor | II: Vigilante | V: Sheriff | CI: Paranoid Cop | Torment: Citizen

50. ISO #100

And i survive again, this is an achievement for me.

However, while yayap's death is useful, the info we have gained with those deaths is not enough.

I'd like to know if Claw managed to have a chat with the Romans. Any of the two parties, please, step forward and tell the truth. This will help our cause immensely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir, Forum Mafia II
    Raiden is an enigma. You'll have to wait and see.
    FMI: Jester | FMII: De Luca Consigliere | FMIII: 1st Mason | FMIV: Citizen/Lookout | FMV: Escort | FMVII: Host