User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14
  1. ISO #651

Re: S-FM 192 : To Love And To Be Loved!

End Day Vote Count :

Skip Day (3): Firebringer, Gyrlander, Funce
    Firebringer (2): FYRE, SuperJack
    FYRE (1): secondpassing

With 6 players alive 4 votes were required to lynch.

Alive :

SuperJack
    FYRE
    Firebringer
    Funce
    Secondpassing
    Gyrlander
    Dead :

Yukitaka Oni
    ArchAngel

Town citizen
    BananaCucho
    Town Love Guardian

It's Now Night 5

DAYS HOURS MINUTES SECONDS

2. ISO #652

3. ISO #653

4. ISO #654

5. ISO #655

6. ISO #656

End Day Vote Count :

SuperJack (1): Firebringer
    FYRE (2): secondpassing, SuperJack, [Hated]

With 5 players alive 3 votes were required to lynch.

Fyre got lynched

He Was
    Town Lovely Lover

Alive :

SuperJack
    Firebringer
    Secondpassing
    Gyrlander
    Dead :

Yukitaka Oni
    ArchAngel

Town citizen
    Bananachucho
    Town Love Guardian
    Funce
    Town Love Redirector
    FYRE
    Town Lovely Lover

As nothing can prevent a Mafia Victory

Mafia Won !
    Congrats to Superjack and Second Passing

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

This is were you can see what happened in game.

and I will publish all the quick topics asap

7. ISO #657

8. ISO #658

9. ISO #659

10. ISO #660

11. ISO #661

12. ISO #662

13. ISO #663

14. ISO #664

Guys honestly I was really frustrated while modding this game.

None of you were actually playing it.

and Fyre could have saved himself from that absurd lynch by loving someone (he already had 2 lovers) [just a reminder town could have reached the loved state as well]

anyway. I can only say frustrating

15. ISO #665

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Angel View Post

and Fyre could have saved himself from that absurd lynch by loving someone (he already had 2 lovers) [just a reminder town could have reached the loved state as well]

Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

16. ISO #666

17. ISO #667

It's because you got a crap-shoot in terms of player quality.

I do have to ask though, what's the concept behind this setup? As in, how are the mechanics meant to find or/ and help scum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM Romeo View Post
    Go fuck yourself in the cucho.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed
    Your accent has ruined medieval fantasy films.

18. ISO #668

19. ISO #669

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    These two trolls will never play legitimately, so that gives me an excuse to not play either.

Sorry.
    FTFY
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.

20. ISO #670

21. ISO #671

Marry me.
    I'd go further and say that most of the players who signed only did it because of the theme. Case in point, this comment + the god-awful flirting at the start of the game.

22. ISO #672

This game was pure math

consider all loves in a graph, players must make sure they can see all the possible nodes. Mafia must be real careful with their night shot as they might end up suiciding if they choose one of their lovers and town must haunt these wifom's. all of the roles has a use as town and as mafia for example adorable lover might help mafia in a lylo like this to avoid getting hated lynch.

In this game No night action will solve the game for eaither town or mafia. The game is purely based on manipulation (in main thread or in private topics) for mafia and scum haunting by town. analyzing the game concepts will cause just more WIFOM becuase all actions make sense both ways.

23. ISO #673

This game was pure math

consider all loves in a graph, players must make sure they can see all the possible nodes. Mafia must be real careful with their night shot as they might end up suiciding if they choose one of their lovers and town must haunt these wifom's. all of the roles has a use as town and as mafia for example adorable lover might help mafia in a lylo like this to avoid getting hated lynch.

In this game No night action will solve the game for eaither town or mafia. The game is purely based on manipulation (in main thread or in private topics) for mafia and scum haunting by town. analyzing the game concepts will cause just more WIFOM becuase all actions make sense both ways.
    Okay....no one was really careful with loving each other. SO I guess no one really was playing the game.
    Everyone just loving anyone they could.

Really wasn't pro town now that I think about it.
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

24. ISO #674

25. ISO #675

Okay....no one was really careful with loving each other. SO I guess no one really was playing the game.
    Everyone just loving anyone they could.

Really wasn't pro town now that I think about it.
    actually thats an strategy here. town must keep loving others to stop mafia killing freely. Town could force mafia to buy a wifomy shot.

26. ISO #676

27. ISO #677

28. ISO #678

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    I'd go further and say that most of the players who signed only did it because of the theme. Case in point, this comment + the god-awful flirting at the start of the game.
    This is the explanation in a nutshell. Despite the theme, this particular setup was very much driven by math and careful analytics, as Frozen Angel has said. Unfortunately, the theme lent itself to players signing who wanted to think about love or RP being in love, rather than focus on such analytics.

This is very evident by the game setup and signup threads, which are full of lovey type messages and not focused on the game mechanics themselves. Essentially, the theme drew a player base that wasn't focused on what was required to do well in this game. No one's fault, but just a mismatch really.

29. ISO #679

30. ISO #680

31. ISO #681

32. ISO #682

33. ISO #683

The combination of being busy and double Blizzard releases killed some player's activity.

I was considering taking over day chat on the last day but SuperJack had other plans. Town should have discussed something...

Frozen Angel, this game was much more complex than I initally thought. For a town victory at like day3/4, they needed to do some planned breakups, which would force is to do WIFOMy love choices thereafter.

34. ISO #684

Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    The combination of being busy and double Blizzard releases killed some player's activity.

I was considering taking over day chat on the last day but SuperJack had other plans. Town should have discussed something...

Frozen Angel, this game was much more complex than I initally thought. For a town victory at like day3/4, they needed to do some planned breakups, which would force is to do WIFOMy love choices thereafter.
    I mean, you were scum -- there's the somewhat unpopular adage that it's not scum's responsibility to lead the Town (nor obviously, should the Town want to be led by scum, lol). The Town level of inactivity was far more their problem than yours and SJ's. Not to say that you should aspire to be the lurking scum that everyone hates during games, but the clock was certainly in your favor in terms of no lynches and game progression.

Personally, I think it was much more the mismatch theory in terms of the type of game the players who signed wanted to play (RP about love and terrible flirting) vs. the type of game this actually was (highly analytical and requiring careful sequencing by the Town). No one really got into the strategy much and it killed the Town.

35. ISO #685

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    I mean, you were scum -- there's the somewhat unpopular adage that it's not scum's responsibility to lead the Town (nor obviously, should the Town want to be led by scum, lol). The Town level of inactivity was far more their problem than yours and SJ's. Not to say that you should aspire to be the lurking scum that everyone hates during games, but the clock was certainly in your favor in terms of no lynches and game progression.
    It might not be their 'responsibility' to lead the town, but it can't hurt to actually strive to improve your scum game by leading town when they are relatively inactive. It's low-hanging fruit and you get good experience from it that will help you in more active/ challenging games. Winning might be 'nice' in the short-term - if you can describe out-lurking the town as a 'victory' - but if you always play it safe, you'll get nothing out of playing in the long-term.

36. ISO #686

It might not be their 'responsibility' to lead the town, but it can't hurt to actually strive to improve your scum game by leading town when they are relatively inactive. It's low-hanging fruit and you get good experience from it that will help you in more active/ challenging games. Winning might be 'nice' in the short-term - if you can describe out-lurking the town as a 'victory' - but if you always play it safe, you'll get nothing out of playing in the long-term.
    Oh certainly -- it's a valuable skill in boosting both your scum game and your Town game. In every game, there will be Town players who behave questionably enough to deserve to be pushed as a part of basic scumhunting. Might as well practice doing so when you are scum and there's no pressure to be right on your reads. Also, there will be situations where you mislynch as Town so better you know how to react to that vs. serving yourself up as the next lynch for making that mistake. This was as good of a time to practice as any, especially with a somewhat weaker Town here. In general, learning how to make a persuasive case, regardless of alignment, is important -- not being able to do so is going to limit you severely in game. Better you be able to play the leader role at times as well as the follower / sheep role.

37. ISO #687

Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    Frozen Angel, this game was much more complex than I initially thought. For a town victory at like day3/4, they needed to do some planned breakups, which would force is to do WIFOMy love choices thereafter.
    as I said no action is necessary assuring a faction victory. Town could have gamed with loving as much as they could use breakups and the hated modifiers. The point was town was using neither to analyse and scums never got caught in any kind of wifomy situation

and yeah keep in mind my setups are extremely complex unless I'm intended to run something simple for like teaching newbies or stuff .

38. ISO #688

and yeah keep in mind my setups are extremely complex unless I'm intended to run something simple for like teaching newbies or stuff .
    For SC2Mafia, "simple for teaching newbies" might be a decent idea for our player base. Candidly, we've been spoiled rotten by odd setups (the junk food / candy of the Mafia world) and could use some better fundamentals-type games to help people develop their basic skills.

39. ISO #689

as I said no action is necessary assuring a faction victory. Town could have gamed with loving as much as they could use breakups and the hated modifiers. The point was town was using neither to analyse and scums never got caught in any kind of wifomy situation

You are going to have to be selective about who you let in for your games then if you want a successful complex game

40. ISO #690

41. ISO #691

I was really upped for this game and wanted to play it. But I was put off by peoples attitude, so I went for the lazy Scum win. What put me off the most was seeing both fyre and and archangle coming on at the same time and both straight away loving each other with their first posts within a few minutes of each other. Ogc I suspect at its finest.

That an then the lynch on Yuki was completely terrible and racist. <3
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

42. ISO #692

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    I was really upped for this game and wanted to play it. But I was put off by peoples attitude, so I went for the lazy Scum win. What put me off the most was seeing both fyre and and archangle coming on at the same time and both straight away loving each other with their first posts within a few minutes of each other. Ogc I suspect at its finest.

How many times have you snatched the 'lazy scum win' now?

Just prevent them from playing in the future. Even you're not defending them; a miracle if I've ever seen one.

Problem solved.

43. ISO #693

44. ISO #694

How many times have you snatched the 'lazy scum win' now?

Just prevent them from playing in the future. Even you're not defending them; a miracle if I've ever seen one.

Problem solved.
    Just shows how little effort I need to give to win ;)
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

45. ISO #695

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post

Dats wasis

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

46. ISO #696

I can honestly say I didn't try this game. I'm sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho